Download Scanlations from SMScans Here

BlogHomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Favorite manga

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Favorite manga   Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:53 am

whats your most favorite manga? it can HQ or the usual manga so which one is it share it with us!!! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nathye

PostSubject: Re: Favorite manga   Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:08 am

hum... I don't really have a most favourite manga, I do like some such as

Midnight Secretary by OHMI Tomu (love hurts but in the end it's worth)

Melodramatic Library by MITSUKI Kako (it has a funny ending ^^)

Naruto (one of the first manga that I read, although now it's kind of ... -.-')

Glass Mask by Miuchi Suzue (it's pretty good Very Happy)

Marriage Scandal, Showbiz Baby (my favourite HQ... I just <3 it)

Oishii Kankei by MAKIMURA Satoru (nothing much to say about this one Very Happy )

And so on...
Cool

Last edited by Nathye on Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Favorite manga   Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:58 pm

I recently finished Lovely Complex (Nakahara Aya) and I really loved it.
I also love One Piece (Oda Eichiro), W Juliet (Emura), Gokusen (Morimoto Kozueko)...
I don't know why but I like the stories with a "secret identity" plots. I also like whodunits, so yeah, Conan, Q.E.D., Detective Q and Kindaichi are also a favourite...
(when I look at my manga reading list, I realize I'm not picky)
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Favorite manga   Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:57 am

My favourite one is Skip Beat! by Yoshiki Nakamura. But overall, I really like her series in general. Tokyo Crazy Paradise was really awesome too. Part of it is how amazing her art is, and how hot the bishies are. Reeen~~ *squeal* But the storyline/scenes are so hilarious at the same time - some of them. Kyoko's character is really funny when she gets into her "fangirl fantasy" mode!

I also really like a series called Noblesse which is more Korean manhwa.

Though, other (current) series I like include:
- Karneval
- Kamisama Hajimemashita
- The One (Chinese manhwa)

Oishii Kankei was really fun! I was a little sad the series was over... haha, even though it's nice to have a conclusion and everything.

Oh, I also like Real Clothes. It's pretty interesting, even though they haven't got that far yet.

Not So New
Not So New

PostSubject: Re: Favorite manga   Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:23 pm

For HQ it is Man of Ice^_^.

And my fave all of the time is 7 seeds. All the characters in this manga has different personality, and they have their own role ^^
Back to top Go down
http://goukanatokoro.wordpress.com/
romance20
Not So New
Not So New

PostSubject: My favorite manga!   Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:09 pm

My favorite manga is these five,
Red River By shinohara chie
Gakuen alice By higuchi tachibana
Kindan no koi de ikou By ohmi tomu
Komatta toki ni wa hoshi ni kike By abe miyuki
From far away By hikawa kyouko
and there is so so many more. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite manga   Sun May 20, 2012 2:02 am

My favorite is definitely Skip Beat, but I'm still a big fan of Full Moon wo Sagashite

So many other good ones there's no way to list them all
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite manga   Thu May 31, 2012 5:07 am

I guess I really love 7 seeds (and all the other works by Yumi Tamura... I even go so far to make sense of the japanese raws to see just a little bit more of the story)

There's also Vagabond, Nana (still hope that the story will go on... T.T), Dance Subaru, Shamo, Koizora and lots more! cat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Reads alot so no fav but can name a few   Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:52 am

I don't really have a favorite manga. I read anything that catches my eye as long as it's translated, has interesting art, and a good storyline. Good ones are Komatta, Silver Diamond, One Piece, Red River (aka Anatolia Story/ and it is complete!!!), Basara, Please save my Earth, and many more. I usually read all stories by the same author/artist.
Back to top Go down
swedesamurai
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Favourite Manga   Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:21 pm

As a male my choices are probably going to be different from most readers on this forum. Therefore I'm basically limiting my self to Mangas dealing with Romance I also like action adventure ones ranging from Shounen to Josei (sometimes even Mina) I got hooked on mangas from watching the Ai Yori Aoshi animie; I had to know if Karou really married Aoi. So I looked for the Manga. Surprise the Manga was a lot better than the animie....I was hooked. I drifted to the harem ones because the my experience with the Aoi-Karou show. Drifted to Ah! My Goddess then to Love Hina, then to the Tenshi Muryo. The I found out about things like Rurouni Kenshin, Kenich, Full Metal Panic etc etc etc. But since I like romance stories I looked for them in all genres off manga each genre seeks to portray romance diffently here are some that I have enjoyed.

Of the completed ones:

1. Kare First Love - Karin and Kiriya's romance is a long and complicated one. I like everything about this manga from the art to the way it's at time light hearted and funny; passionate and intense; to sad and depressing but the story moves through this complicated relationship to that well deserved happy ending.

2. Private Prince - Miyako and Prince Wilfred's romance is intense and sweet but lots of bumps along the way but it is done sweetly and has that happy ending that I always want.

3. Little House with an Orange Roof - Two families forced to live together. Divorced father with two sons-Divorced Mother with two daughters. Both Parents are leery of any new relationships and the middle kids hate each other only the two kinder garden kids get along. Through trials and tribulations this patchwork family becomes a real family. As a real Neanderthal-Me Like Real Good!!-Ugh,

4. Living Game - You Got to read this to believe the problems that Fuwa and Izumi face. A weird love story with a lot of ups and downs. till they finally find happiness with each other.

5. Shiawase Kissa Sanchoume - Uru, Shindou and Ichirou's relationship in the pastry shop as well as all of other guy that fall for the indomitable Uru (i.e. the brothers from a compeitor and her love struck cousin. By the end of the story you will be rooting for Uru's choice to pan out. Funny to Intense but nice.

6. Cherish - about a orphan girl who raised by a male gay couple. Really good, I was surprised.

7. Full House Kiss - Mugi's relationships with the three male tenets in the house where she works as a housekeeper plus the mystery that she is try to solve about her missing sister make this a great story.

8. Boyfriend - and what a good one she's got. By Yamada Daisy - I haven't read anything from her that I did not like.

9. Notice how sometimes different Mangas have almost the same story Here are four Gapz Garden and It's Love are both stories about a girls being adopted into a family of male siblings who despise her and treat her like a servant; when in fact they really love her. duh!!!! but enjoyable because of the happy ending. Another Two like this is Sora no Mannaka and Family Complex where a family with exceptional siblings have that have one normal sibling who feels out of place. All of these are real easy to real and aren't complicated.

10. Othello - Hana and Kana story keep you on your toes and I'm just glad it ended good.

11. Candy-Candy - A really old manga and a heart warming one if you sorta like Cinderella-Melodramas. Has a happy but bittersweet ending.

There are so many Mangas out there that I have read. The ones that are being Scanlated now that I read are:

1. Love so Life - I mean it's cute, you want to see the girl get her family too.

2. Skip Beat - Got hooked on it from the animie and wait with baited breath for each new chapter.

3. Ai Ore! - continuation of Ai wo Utau Yori Ore ni Oborero - about a romance between a really masculine woman and a really effeminate guy. Funny Sad and cute at the same time.

4. Hapi Mari - Chiwa and Hokutos marriage of connivance is turning into one of love but not without a lot of bumps along the way

Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Favorite manga   Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:15 pm

swedesamurai wrote:
9. Notice how sometimes different Mangas have almost the same story Here are four Gapz Garden and It's Love are both stories about a girls being adopted into a family of male siblings who despise her and treat her like a servant; when in fact they really love her. duh!!!! but enjoyable because of the happy ending. Another Two like this is Sora no Mannaka and Family Complex where a family with exceptional siblings have that have one normal sibling who feels out of place. All of these are real easy to real and aren't complicated.
Oh whaaaat! Gapz Garden totally did not have a happy ending!! The guy disappeared on her!! And he was suffering from some illness... Which he didn't want her to know about...

Not So New
Not So New

PostSubject: Re: Favorite manga   Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:35 pm

MY POST WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS!!!!!
There are too many mangas that I enjoy reading and many are my favorites but it's hard to remember them all because of their names being in romanji. So here are the ones I remember the titles for. Others that I enjoyed are noted in responses to other people's favorites.
Also, shouldn't this topic be under "general"?

-W Juliet---modern manga, Seriously loved this series a lot. It's the first manga that got me really into gender benders I think. I love the ambition, the acting, and the priceless comedy =)
-Gakuen Alice---modern manga, kids romance, this is the best. they have a lot of insight despite being so young. Critical moment right now too!!
-Kare no Tomodachi---modern manga, I had a lot of fun reading this. It was a serious emotional rollarcoaster but what made it a great read was ranting and gushing with my online manga reading friend =)
-Kiss/Hug---modern manga, I thought this was a really sweet manga. But what really got me was the charismatic and sexy blue eyes of Ryuu plus his descriptive appearance. Black hair, blue eyes, the CEO of a company in england despite his age (high school age)? Just thinking about it is so yummy. I think this is really the only manga crush I'll ever really gush over like this.
-Strobe Edge-modern manga, The innocent and naïve first love. Although Nina is a little too dense and naïve, the story was a great one.
-Marmalade Boy---older manga, A boy and girl become siblings by law because (this complicated) their parents meet on vacation (old college buddies) and fall in love with each others' spouses which they then agree to divorce and then remarry but switching partners. So they all live in one big house (4 parents and 2 kids basically) but as usual, when two sibling not related by blood live together, love blossoms....gosh this is complicated to explain. I'll just go with it and say google if you don't understand=)
-Kare Kano---older manga, It's a manga I consider the most amazing shoujo manga ever. The romance, the friendship, the drama. It's got everything!! School romance, friendship, bullying, drama, emotional tragedy, trauma, entertainment/music connection, family issues (complicated as heck too), marriage, pregnancy! Shoot it's really out this world! But it's so pure at the same time.
-Charisma Doll---modernish manga, I really like rereading this manga a lot. I like the mangaka too. Gender Bender ish and show biz =) my cup of tea
-P.A.---oldish style manga, about a girl who works as a private actress (thus the name) and takes on jobs that require her to act a certain role in real life for a time period. It doesn't have much of a storyline initially but the acting is so genuine.
-Girl Queen/Little Queen---manhwa, historical fantasy. It's the charm of June and her little childhood male friend Seryuu?
-Cynical Orange---manhwa, recently read the whole series (thanks to my local library) and wow. it's amazing. I dont' know if it's my favorite but it's definitely one of the best manwhas I've read. I heard it's somewhat like Wuthering Heights but I have yet to read WUthering Heights so I'm not sure (planning to read it someday soon I hope)
-Grand Sun---after W Juliet, this is my next favorite by EMURA. A young female bodyguard protecting a genius high school boy (nobel prize genius). It takes place in a futuristic japan in which security is much needed (women cannot walk alone without being targeted)
-Gakuen Babysitters---It's even cuter than Love so Life, every chapter is just gushing with adorable toddlers and cutesyness (not a word but who cares b/c it's so cute!) I just love getting wrapped up in each update b/c of the oh so adorable toddlers. Anyone will succumb to the cuteness. It's not something anyone can deny!!
-Swan----old style manga, it's a ballet manga and it's really amazing. I read it from my local library so it's not available online (except for one chapter so far). No one even heard of it since it wasn't even a manga that was on mangaupdates info system. Anyways it's a great ballet manga. The art is a little strange but it's still amazing. Classic ballet at its greatest in manga form (no Saitou Chiho cannot surpass it either). The raw ambition and the seriousness of the characters in their dreams of professional ballet in Japan. Really amazing
-Mars---it's old but it's really profound. I don't know how to get into explaining it but it's about two people from two completely different worlds. One is an artist, a girl who is a loner due to circumstances in her life (trauma). The other is a rebel, a boy who is the school player, a young motocycle racer who has a lot of potential. Both have serious problem in their lives but both find what they need in each other.
-Ao Haru Ride---from the same mangaka as Strobe Edge but I consider this manga a lot better than Strobe Edge so far (ongoing though). The female lead isn't completely clueless about love but it's still a complicated relationship
-Yamamoto Zenjirou to Moushimasu---modern manga, it's a supernatural manga about a little girl who moves in with her biological father after her grandmother dies (never having met him before either and it's not b/c he neglected her too). She could see ghosts and she lives her days befriending ghosts (and other kids too) and helping those who are still hang onto the world unable to go into the afterlife.
-Full Moon wo Sagashite---It's what got me into manga really. It's not the best story but it's my first so I remember it dearly =)
-Can't lose You a manhwa by Wann. I loved the storyline about two girls who appear to be doppelgangers but are actually biological twins. One grew up in poverty and is frugal and caring. The other grew up in a cold household oozing with wealth and designer clothes. They meet each other in school upon chance and the rich one is targeted for assassination so she hires the poor one to be her body double. Both end up falling in love with the same guy (rich girl's fiancee) but the guy falls for the warm hearted twin instead.
-as for HQs, it's hard to choose. I've never kept track of the ones that I liked the most. It's simply easier to say what I hate =)
--------Mangakas whom I enjoy reading from over and over and over and over again
Spoiler:

Last edited by blesses on Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
blesses
Not So New
Not So New

PostSubject: Re: Favorite manga   Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:35 pm

I'm not surprised that people like Skip Beat. Been with it since almost day one. But my patience is thinning....been with it for 6 or 7 years and rereading my favorite kyouko acting moments isn't helping so much anymore x-x

@Nathye
Also love Glass Mask. Got hooked b/c of the anime so I'm seriously just waiting for the day when this manga finally surpasses the anime's ending so I can find out who is the crimson angel!!

@silvery
YAY another W Juliet fan =D
I love almost of the Emura's mangas =)
Grand Sun in another favorite

@romance20
Yes, Red River. It is one of the most amazing historical fiction mangas ever written! Although many of the facts aren't true, this mangaka did a lot of research. It's a bittersweet ending though since Yuri never returns home =(

@Arty-chan
GO FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE! it's the first manga that got me into shoujo mangas. For me, it'll always be the first. It's not the best story but it really touched me. I liked the ending of the manga a lot better than the anime which I watched after reading the manga. The anime ending didn't give a good closure but the music was awesome.

@hotaru
Dance Subaru, this manga was intense!! I don't even recall finishing it....I'm not even sure if it was ever finished even though the second season started.
Koizora was a manga I seriously cried for.....

@aerysa
The One, yes. love it too. currently really excited about the next chapter. also, chinese mangas are known as manhua
so...jap=ga, korean=hwa, and chinese=hua =)
but if you are wondering about how to say the author/artist then
jap=mangaka; korean=manhwaga; and chinese=manhuaga

@amayahime
Basara---I like to reread the part after Shuuhei and Saara realize that they are the Red King and Tatara. Then the end when they just hold each other. Oh....amazing.

@swedesamurai
Yamada Daisy's work is amazing. I too enjoyed Boyfriend =)

Othello---It's been a long time since I read this manga. I read it from my local library. Boy what a complicated story it was. Multiple Identity Disorder. o-o

Love so Life----oh yes, the little toddler twins, they get me every time.

Back to top Go down
swedesamurai
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Favorite manga   Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:50 pm

aerysa wrote:

Oh whaaaat! Gapz Garden totally did not have a happy ending!! The guy disappeared on her!! And he was suffering from some illness... Which he didn't want her to know about...

Oops! You're right I got caught up in their similarities and forgot that endings are different. Sorry for the inaccuracy.
Back to top Go down
jadegreentiger

PostSubject: Re: Favorite manga   Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:22 am

I like lots of manga here are my favorites:

Fruits Basket
Full Moon Wo Sagashite
Fushigi Yugi (had me in tears)
Midnight Secretary
Love Monster
Almost everything by Yoshihara Yuki - I think her manga is really funny.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: >..<   Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:17 pm

Unfortunatly,
I can't tell you guys that,
Because I can't choose >..<
So many wonderful mangas,
Also I can't even think of all of them xD
I just remember them randomly then forget Very Happy
Dearly,
Mii-Pyon~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite manga   Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:54 am

actually I am interested in all kind of types like HQ, manga, manhwa...
actually I liked
Heatbreaker, wrong mirror image, man of ice,
midnight secretary, usotsuki lily, hana to akuma
and more...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite manga   Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:36 pm

Love so life would be up there as one of my favorites. The romance is a bit slow, but I think it is necessary. It is a super sweet story and puts a smile on your face, plus it's finally getting good.

Another one that I have read soooo many times is Ai Hime. AWESOME!!!

Too many others to list!!!

I love reading over other peoples choices, great way to find something new. Thanks!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: TOO hard to say!!!!   Sat May 11, 2013 6:59 am

(if there are mistakes, sorry I'm French, my english is not th best!)

I have a lot of favourites!!!

Midnight secretary
Saver
Kindan no koi de ikou
Anatolia story
From far away

Ahhh, I LOVE romantic and fantastic stories the best!!!!

It's hard to find others now!!

Back to top Go down
roranda

PostSubject: Re: Favorite manga   Sat May 11, 2013 7:52 pm

I like a lot oj mangas and it so no easy remember all of them
I 'll write the ones that I often like to reread:

Tsubasa Chronicle
The one
H2
Hana Kimi
W Juliet
Skip Beat
Gakuen Alice
kitchen princess
Meru Puri
Moe Kare
Uwasa no Midori-kun!!
Mayonaka Lolita
Charisma Doll
Kimi ni Todoke
Lovely_Everywhere
Venus wa Kataomoi
Junai Labyrinth
Back to top Go down
mk-chan160
Cool User
Cool User

PostSubject: Re: Favorite manga   Sat May 18, 2013 6:15 am

My favorite shoujo manga are:

Dengeki Daisy by MOTOMI Kyousuke
Beast Master by MOTOMI Kyousuke
Zettai Heiwa Daisakusen by OGURA Akane
Mademoiselle Butterfly by OGURA Akane
Hana ni Arashi by TAKAGI Shigeyoshi
Houkago Kiss by Shiiba Nana

My favorite yaoi manga are:

Dog Style by MOTONI Modoru
La Satanica by Tenzen Momoko
Yachin Hanbun no Ibasho desu by Asou Kai
Punch ↑ by Shiuko Kano
Junjou Romantica by NAKAMURA Shungiku
Hybrid Child by NAKAMURA Shungiku
Katekyo! by Meogi Yuu
Crimson Spell by YAMANE Ayano
Sex Pistols by KOTOBUKI Tarako

santa lol! study Very Happy Razz Embarassed
Back to top Go down
hammershoney315

PostSubject: Re: Favorite manga   Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:34 pm

I read a ton of manga/manhwa. I own a lot because I take hard copies to work to read at breaks and lunches. I work 12 hours a day so I don't get a lot of computer time. Here are some of my favorites:

From Far Away
Boys Over Flowers
Fruits Basket
Full Metal Alchemist
Bleach
Naruto
Yu Yu Hakusho
Inu Yasha
Get Backers
Tsubasa Chronicle
xxxHolic
Saiyuki
Kekkaishi
Black Bird
Sensual Phrase (Kaikan Phrase)
Black Butler
Ai Ore
Vampire Knight
Kamisama Kiss
The Story of Saiunkoku
Banana Fish
Fushigi Yuugi
Blue Exorcist
Haruka Beyond the Stream of Time
Demon Love Spell

I also like to read yaoi

Haru wo Daitte Ita (Embracing Love) which after many years out of print just got relicensed in America. First omnibus due out in Oct 2013
Junjou Romantica
Crimson Spell
The Tyrant Falls in Love
Kizuna
Only the Ring Finger Knows
Yellow
Pretty much anything by Makoto Tateno, Ayano Yamane, Youka Nitta, and Hinako Takanaga
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite manga   Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:18 pm

special a is so good
yamato nadeshiko is awesome however the romantic plot is so complicated :)3
midnight secretary is also good
kaikan phrase-love it!Surprised
wedding- good
wedding season 2- also love it but still not complete
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Favorite manga   Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:45 am

I love a several... For example, skip beat, Kimi ni todoke, Kareshi, Kimi ni todoke, the CLAMP, etc...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite manga   Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:26 pm

This is in projects so... my favourites from your projects?

That would be Diamond Life, One More Marionette. Actually I <3 most of your completed projects, sad to say I'm not that interested in the ongoing ones D:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite manga   

Back to top Go down

Favorite manga
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next