Download Scanlations from SMScans Here

BlogHomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

How did you come across HQ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: How did you come across HQ?   Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:02 am

hi guys...so how did you come across ur first Hq manga? Very Happy share it with us
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across HQ?   Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:47 am

I think I was browsing through the new mangas on mangafox when I saw The Amalfi Bride(I think) After that it was a bit of a binge read on all HQ titles on mangafox before coming here Smile
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across HQ?   Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:56 pm

For me, I was at the local comic store browsing around. Then I saw these fantastically pink and purple volumes and when I checked it out, they were "Harlequin Pink Blossom" and "Harlequin Violet *whatever*" (I forgot what the violet one was called.) And it was like Shocked

I had no idea there was such a thing as HQ manga and they were actually licensing them way back when! So I was super excited and kept trying to hunt ones down... I found a few, but not all of them... Then I realized there were lovely people like the ones here who do scanlations!

And the rest is history~ Laughing

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across HQ?   Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:36 am

well as for me I saw a picture in one reading site and in the end of the manga I saw the credits page and went to the site ^^ they after a while reading HQ I decided to join the forum and here I am cheers
Back to top Go down
Duchess
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across HQ?   Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:15 am

I came across Tameiki no Gogo when i was downloading raws for Shojo Manhwa Raws, then i search for the title on manga updates, and saw there were loads of them

Check-out Colorful Shoe Prints

Bespoke Cakes for your Memorable Occasions
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across HQ?   Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:27 am

one of my fav manga Bride of water god after a period of hiatus was taken up by this lovely group and when i came to the site i was interested in other manga by them and thats how my first HQ happened!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
morninglight
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across HQ?   Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:39 pm

I was reading one of the Harlequin manga and want to know if there are anymore, so I look up the site and that's how I got here.
Back to top Go down
aiMiXue
Cool User
Cool User

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across HQ?   Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:46 pm

I've been chasing Bride of the Water since like forever,
so I ended up @ SMScan's doorsteps xD. Of course, you don't just read 1 project from a scanlation group...

At first, I've been reading historical/regency fiction novels
who would've known Mangakas have been turning them into comics.
Back to top Go down
beenz
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across HQ?   Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:06 pm

I didn't know that there were Harlequins mangas until I came across your site.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across HQ?   Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:36 pm

I was just reading manga on mangefox, and one day I came across never kiss a stranger. After reading it and loving it, i tried to find more, but sadly only found like 3 more. Than one day, years later, i by some miracle saw another HQ, Lord Calthorpe's Promise, and discovered this fantastic site. I now in bliss every Sunday. Thank You so much for giving us the gift of HQs.
Back to top Go down
rubenz
Not So New
Not So New

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across HQ?   Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:51 pm

For me ... my country published the first HQ manga and it is Honourable Thief, I saw the cover and look at the summary then decided to buy it. And since then I am always searching for more HQ manga lol
Back to top Go down
http://goukanatokoro.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across HQ?   Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:13 am

amina9898 wrote:
I was just reading manga on mangefox, and one day I came across never kiss a stranger. After reading it and loving it, i tried to find more, but sadly only found like 3 more. Than one day, years later, i by some miracle saw another HQ, Lord Calthorpe's Promise, and discovered this fantastic site. I now in bliss every Sunday. Thank You so much for giving us the gift of HQs.

It happned the same way with me. But I didn't wait long to find the site even before this forum was created and I became even more fan of this stories. Smile
Back to top Go down
scanny
Cool User
Cool User

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across HQ?   Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:35 am

I noticed some HQ at mangafox. At first I just thought that they wer normal mangas but then I read more and more and I loved the happy endings. And then I just stalked down the mangas and landed here~~ <3
Now I am like an addicted, checking the upadte list everyday XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Mangafox and anymanga   Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:50 pm

I love reading Harliquin and manga, then one day I came across a Harliquin manga and it was amazing lol. Now I can't stop reading them. I even came across some manga on the android market where you can download it but it's all in Japanese or Korean Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across HQ?   Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:04 am

For me it was the same to some of you. I looked for new chapters of Bride of the Water God and found this great page. One day I searched the site for new release and found a harlequin release.
I think it was one with a sheik, I got interested in and began to read it – and bum it was like love at first sight. You have to know I’m a really cheesy romantic at heart. In young years it began with shoujo, then historical romance novels and then modern romance and now it doesn’t matter what genre as long as I can ship a couple XD So I read one and then I couldn’t stop – I read three days trough just to read them all (lol like pokemon: gotta chatch’em all, or something like that XD) Then I looked if I could buy them somewhere, but it seems like I am years too late, so I’m even more thankful to you all. A Big Thank to all the great people who make it possible for us to satisfy our inner romantic!
(Ow it seems “those who rest will rust” or so, because my post is full with errors. I promise to practice more >_<)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: An accident when I was still ES   Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:41 pm

Since I could read some words, I've loved reading so much.. It's so fun, I can imagine from word to word... Thanks for my daddy who taught me read letter by letter, word by word, sentence by sentence and so on...

Because I have huge love for reading, I grabbed any books which in my range whatever it is.. comic, fairy tale, myth, legend, science, bible... and of course romance books --> HQ which is my mom's
From that I found out, I love romance story... it's so beautiful (well, I know in reality, it's almost impossible to be happen)
Back to top Go down
ceres0413
Cool User
Cool User

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across HQ?   Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:22 am

silvery wrote:
I think I was browsing through the new mangas on mangafox when I saw The Amalfi Bride(I think) After that it was a bit of a binge read on all HQ titles on mangafox before coming here Smile

Like her i was reading some manga on mangafox and i came across one of sms release (don't ask me which one I can't remember ^^). I liked it and searched for more!!
Back to top Go down
Aisaka
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across HQ?   Tue May 01, 2012 7:44 pm

I came across harlequin when I was searching for manga related to pregnancies! (I'm not a woman that's pregnant nor am i older than 25!) I just find it fascinating, reading those kind of manga, so I was searching if there's any manga like that and I so happen to stumble upon a blog by some user who does comic reviews, and yet again, so happen that she was reviewing harlequin comics. I've never read nor seen any harlequin comics before so I decided to search and give them a try and found SMS!! I didn't even know that harlequin have so maaaaaaaaany titles and different versions at that! Next thing I knew is, I was downloading all the harlequin comics.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mangaupdates.com/members.html?id=293591

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across HQ?   Fri May 11, 2012 1:37 am

Actually bought HQ manga, Eve no Yuuwaku a few yrs ago and that time i didn't even know it's HQ since the cover is a little bit different in my country. Embarassed
Well, after that i've searched other HQ manga titles on mu but most of them in japanese/chinese/korean...and i'm glad i found SMS Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Hmmm...   Fri May 18, 2012 4:04 am

I do not really remember how I came across reading them, but I think it was when I was a little kid. I always went to the grocery store with my grandma or my mom and saw them and really liked the covers. That was the first encounter though, the real encounter was, I think, during my junior year of high school when some people threw away their copies of harlequin books and my dad picked them up for me. I saw the cover and did not really know if I wanted to read them, but I thought hey I did the same to Skip Beat and ended up liking it so I tried reading one of the novels and fell in love.

Last edited by shngml on Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across HQ?   Mon May 21, 2012 2:55 pm

I don't remember clearly my first one, but I'm pretty sure I ended up reading HQ thanks to the crappy shoujo. Honestly, since I started reading manga I wasn't very fond of crybabies, confessing girls and "all I want is a boyfriend" characters. I didn't know about genres, so accidentally came across something josei and fell in love. Ohhhh! I remember! It was one of Yoshihara Yuki's works. I started to read smutties, and found her, and then read Blanc Marie *one of my favorites*

Then I looked for more and became addict of Josei+Romance+Oneshots type (not very fond of loooong stories). I think Angus's Lost Lady was one of my firsts. And Cinderella no Kake is my #1 favorite, to the point I went into the original novel.

It was truly a surprise when I found out (yeahhh, I'm pretty oblivious) that my precious manga came from HQ, and that my beloved mom read them since young, I felt amazed!
Back to top Go down
blesses
Not So New
Not So New

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across HQ?   Tue May 22, 2012 4:50 pm

My first HQ wasn't from sms. It was one of those pink HQ that were released more than awhile ago. It was more than a few years back when I was in middle school. I wasn't so tuned in on scanlators and was just visiting manga aggregate sites to read mangas b/c my parents wouldn't buy me mangas/give me money to buy mangas. I think it just updated one day and I read it, enjoyed it, and wanted to read more except there weren't anymore!! (until now)

These were my first HQs-
No Competition
A Girl in a Million
A Prince Needs a Princess
Never Kiss a Stranger
My Real Fake Boyfriend
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Shojo Manhwa Scans - Greatest discovery ever!!   Thu May 31, 2012 4:51 am

I've been reading Manga for over 3/4 years now - and I've read a lot!!
At some point I discovered that when there's a particular Manga you really like, there's a good chance that its scanlation group does similar or equally interesting projects.
That's how I made the wonderful discovery of SMS!! cat
Back to top Go down
dream~
Cool User
Cool User

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across HQ?   Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:51 pm

I stumbled to the manga hq when I was looking for mangas to read, at first i didn't know they were hq.. and the novels well since i love to read, and ones that i'm not suppose to at the time >.< since i was underage... i went to downloading novels since 2 years ago Smile hehe i guess i somehow fell in love with the a romance like they describe in novels especially hq :3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across HQ?   Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:56 am

i was probably browsing through mangas online and then when i read through it the story seemed familiar. i was thinking to myself that i have read this story before and when i went through my collection of pocketbook there it was.. a hardcopy version of debbie macomber's no competition.

it was kinda weird seeing how these characters were portrayed on the pages.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across HQ?   

Back to top Go down

How did you come across HQ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shojo Manhwa Scans :: DISCUSSIONS :: General-
Jump to: