BlogHomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

How did you come across HQ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: How did you come across HQ?   Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:02 am

First topic message reminder :

hi guys...so how did you come across ur first Hq manga? Very Happy share it with us
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across HQ?   Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:48 am

I once read Wife in Time but didn't know it was HQ till I registered here.
There are still so many things to learn everyday...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across HQ?   Sat May 11, 2013 2:02 pm

i was reading a harlequin manga on mangafox. after reading that first one, i got addicted and start looking for sites with harlequin scans and found this site at mangaupdates.com.
Back to top Go down
junji0905
Cool User
Cool User

PostSubject: The Search for Devil in Winter   Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:07 pm

I just thought that maybe there are fan arts of Lisa Kleypas' books then I came upon this blog post with a couple of pictures from her 'The Wallflower' series manga. (TEASE! Rolling Eyes ) And then I went searching if I can read it online. I found Secrets of a Summer Night (Kabe no Hana: Hishoyaka na Shoka no Yoru no - Hanabusa Youko) but I can't find the other books (especially Devil in Winter because it's my most favorite of all Lisa Kleypas' books).

I tried searching and searching until I saw 'Greek Tycoon, Waitress Wife' from anymanga.com (I'm still looking for Devil in Winter at the time but I got curious with the title and I saw the authors' name). I found out it's a Harlequin'. affraid  And that's when I started looking for other Harlequin' made into manga. I just typed in 'Harlequin manga scans' and voila! SMS is the first search result. cheers
Back to top Go down
shngml

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across HQ?   Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:35 am

Well, I always knew they existed. I go to stores and see them there. I was always curious about them. When I entered high school I became a book addict. Some people put their very old copies of harlequin novels in a box and said that it was free to take. My dad thought that since I love to read so much he get me the books. I remember my first harlequin book was Vampire Lover by Charlotte Lamb.
Back to top Go down
jollychick
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across HQ?   Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:48 am

This was awhile ago...scratch 

I think I was randomly downloading manga when I accidentally clicked on a link for The Cinderella Inheritance. As I once posted in another thread, I had no idea what HQ was until I found that manga. I was a total newbie when it came to romance novels, so I knew close to zilch about all of this romancey goodness lol.

Needless to say, I've become a shameless addict. This is my go-to place for HQ manga and fun forum posts.
Back to top Go down
Veramonte
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across HQ?   Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:36 pm

There's a small magazine counter in front of my junior high school. I was bored and the only manga I haven't read was a manga titled A Girl in A Million. I bought it, thinking it was another shoujo manga. Apparently not, and that's when I came across Harlequin cheers 
Back to top Go down
alasdair_vahn

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across HQ?   Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:10 pm

I was browsing for some older HQ to read when I saw an online manga website that published HQ manga to read. I started obsessing over it and finally found SMScans.. It's like finding a treasure i tell you...
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lethalene
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across HQ?   Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:41 pm

I was reading novels than an article on the net was talking about manga versions of Harlequin novels. Back then, I was so intrigued but wasn't yet into manga. Years later, the first Harlequin comics were translated into English. But it wasn't until the first digital English versions were commercialized that I got hooked on them.
Back to top Go down
minun07

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across HQ?   Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:10 am

This was sooooo long ago before SMS existed. It was online, one of those pink HQ stories maybe? It was either No competition, My Real Fake Boyfriend I believe or that one where this girl is working as an assistant for an author and some rich guy suddenly sneaks into her room on accident, stealing a kiss from her. Just something I picked up on reading one day while browsing for something to read
Back to top Go down
tsuki1star

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across HQ?   Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:08 pm

I was going through the newly completed mangas on Mangafox, and I came across all the new HQ that has just been released. From there, I got addicted and here I am.
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across HQ?   Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:21 pm

minun07 wrote:
This was sooooo long ago before SMS existed. It was online, one of those pink HQ stories maybe? It was either No competition, My Real Fake Boyfriend I believe or that one where this girl is working as an assistant for an author and some rich guy suddenly sneaks into her room on accident, stealing a kiss from her. Just something I picked up on reading one day while browsing for something to read

I believe that one was Never kiss a Stranger... just came across it again when I was manga browsing the other day. Laughing
Back to top Go down
goddessari
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across HQ?   Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:05 pm

I believe I was reading one of the Harlequins and loved it, so I decided to look up the group that put all the hard work into scanning and translating it. From there, I was lead to your page, and hence forum and have fallen in love ever since. I absolutely adore the projects that you all put out and am truly grateful for all the hard work you all do! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
aniimeme

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across HQ?    Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:38 am

I found some harlequins on mangafox and started reading them. That is when I got interested in harlequins, so I started searching for places where I could read them easier. That's how I found HQ. cheers
Back to top Go down
thtaznshorty
Cool User
Cool User

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across HQ?   Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:46 pm

I was just browsing around finding manga to read then I came upon a HQ. I read the summary as usually and it caught my interest so I start reading it. I wasn't expected to get Hinto Q but I loved it ever since. I try to search on mangaupdates for more HQ and ended up here. I'm really glad I found this site and I appreciate the hard work you guys do to share HQ.
Back to top Go down
angel30971

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across HQ?   Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:00 pm

I was searching through shoujo and romance manga, and stumbled upon HQ. I have been on a total binge since. They're just so good!
Back to top Go down
yami12

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across HQ?   Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:04 pm

I was looking through mangafox's manga directory for something to read and found an HQ manga... one manga lead to another and I got curious so I decided to visit the scanlation group site so here I am now. hahaha!
Back to top Go down
teebee

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across HQ?   Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:51 pm

For myself, I just got tired of the shoujo mangas I grew up with and I wanted something more than regular josei- then BAM! HQ came into my life and I've loved it ever since.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did you come across HQ?   

Back to top Go down

How did you come across HQ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shojo Manhwa Scans :: DISCUSSIONS :: General-
Jump to: