Shojo Manhwa Scans

Download Scanlations from SMScans Here

BlogHomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Bots in the forum????

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Bots in the forum????   Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:15 pm

I was just on the home page and was checking out 'users online'... I noticed there was a bot. It kinda weirded me out. the only bots I know are nothing but trouble. It was identified as 'google' (using the multicolored logo style of google). Is this okay??? did u guys know? I'm having nightmares of stuff like that "Mangafox" uploader that is a pain in a$$ and i suspect uploading indiscriminantly (and incorectly to boot often) on several sites now.
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Bots in the forum????   Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:47 am

I think bots usually just spam the forum with random posts and what not. It shouldn't be a huge issue. They were on the previous forum as well and it didn't seem to affect much. Or the mods/admins are that good that I didn't notice anything.

It helps that there aren't that many sections open to the public since there are member-only sections. They're pretty common, so I don't think it's anything to lose sleep over Smile

PostSubject: Re: Bots in the forum????   Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:09 am

glad to hear ^^. I don't frequent 'forum' type boards much... truth be told i barely know how to 'view' blogs much less use one -_-. All I know is my contact with bots has never been good with on exception (a friend made a bot to keep a chat room open so I didn't have to stay logged in as room owner - the now dead msn groups thing). But that 'Mangafox' one... my bookmarks on a few reades are a mess because of it. And I am sure it has access to sites like this one, tho I don't think it is in here... I don't see SMS being multiloaded everywhere. Thank god.

If I ever learn (trying but not suceeding yet) to do up/dowloading in and out of here and to other places I will add my time to putting up new stuff to other sites. First I need to learn to just get and move the dang files around period.
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Bots in the forum????   Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:14 am

Yeah, in general bots are a bad thing. They usually just spam the board with useless posts which link to various sites for whatever reason... So in that sense, you have to be really careful of what links you click since you might end up getting viruses from them. But if you're careful and don't click things from people you don't know, then you should be alright Smile

The other thing is that the SMS site is pretty small in comparison to sites like MangaFox. I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think the larger your site is, the more likely you'll be targeted - size based on traffic.

I think it's just more obvious on this board (versus the old one) since this one actually separates them out as a "Bots" category whereas the old one just listed it along with "Members". It wasn't as obvious, but they were there too.

Cool User
Cool User

PostSubject: Re: Bots in the forum????   Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:05 am

I think Google bots enter here to get information for when someone google searches things that may relate to anything on this forum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bots in the forum????   

Back to top Go down

Bots in the forum????
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1