53%
 53% [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 32

AuthorMessage
Duchess
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Changes in your life   Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:12 am

I noticed something about myself recently that I don't like change, if something works for me i like to stick to it, so even if the change is for the better it takes me a long while to get used to it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Changes in your life   Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:28 pm

it really depends on the change...some changes can be welcomed but most of them irk.if the change is avoidable its good but sometimes its not in ur hands then you are forced to accept it...

i thought nothing could separate my sis and me but last year she got married and she had to move abroad..though we talk all day with each other i still miss her...this change i dont like but i have come to accept it
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Changes in your life   Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:14 am

I'm with sherlover on this one! It really depends on what the change is. I think in general, I do like change. I get bored easily, so it's nice to throw in something different every so often.

I'm thinking work on this one. My tasks can be really repetitive, so it's refreshing to do a different task and not get stuck in the same place all the time. And with change comes learning, so that's a good thing too ^^

Changes are just part of life, so though it may be hard(er) to accept, it's just a necessary thing.

PostSubject: Re: Changes in your life   Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:20 am

for me ... I don't like change. Not right now at least. I have live the better part of several years in varing degrees of chaos. Change is the last thing I need. There is a lot to be said for unchanging mundane routine. Stability is a much needed thing and when you don't have it boy does it take a toll. Right now I am looking forward to even a 'boring' life. OMG I have watched a couple of TV movies this last month.... somethng I have not been able to do in years!... I want to go to a theatre too.... any recs for a movie that won't blast my brains out Razz... jk...

so ya... change... no thanks not for a while at least. ^^
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Changes in your life   Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:35 am

I agree with sherlover and aerysa on this one. It depends on the change and how much of it. My first job after graduating was very routine. Nothing changed, except for the degree of busyness and I got bored and sort of depressed with the work. My second job was forever changing. Before I could get used to one thing, something new would be added and I'd be trying to master the first task while learning the second. Didn't work either. My current job has the best balance of the both, I think. Routine work most of the time with something new to do some of the time so that I don't feel like a robot Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Changes in your life   Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:03 pm

@ silvery

I sort of remember a time like that (10-15 years ago?). my career choice at the time would have been like that. (group home life... part mundane daily life, part crisis mode) maybe in a year or two I will find something new that will give me that. It really sounds nice that kind of balance. intil then i plan on wallowing in boredom for a bit.
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Changes in your life   Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:14 pm

Tiku wrote:
@ silvery

I sort of remember a time like that (10-15 years ago?). my career choice at the time would have been like that. (group home life... part mundane daily life, part crisis mode) maybe in a year or two I will find something new that will give me that. It really sounds nice that kind of balance. intil then i plan on wallowing in boredom for a bit.

It's alright to take enjoy the break for now, after all the hectic stuff you've been through. Rest and rejuvenate while you can Wink But for me, change is inevitable. The best we can do is to accept it and make the best out of it.
Back to top Go down
akinathemis
Cool User
Cool User

PostSubject: Re: Changes in your life   Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:21 pm

i really dislike change. i resist as most as i can. change scare me, disturbe me make me feel unsafe. even changing my desk chair lead to a war at home. but changing is good. I know it. I'm working on accepting it Smile
Back to top Go down
Duchess
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Changes in your life   Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:29 am

akinathemis wrote:
i really dislike change. i resist as most as i can. change scare me, disturbe me make me feel unsafe. even changing my desk chair lead to a war at home. but changing is good. I know it. I'm working on accepting it Smile

It's nice to know someone relates, and yeah I also agree with you that change is good, I need to find a way to accept it quickly, cuz i don't want to miss a good opportunity in future just b'cuz I'm scared of change. So figures cross
Back to top Go down
beenz
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Changes in your life   Fri May 04, 2012 8:44 am

I don't like too much change. The only kind of change I like is when I make it, not when it force on me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: change   Fri May 04, 2012 1:20 pm

Like other people have said, it depends on the change. Sometimes change can be for the good and other times your boss might say "change is good" to get you to buy into budget cuts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Changes in your life   Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:19 pm

I think it's part of our nature. We are in a kinetic world: the energy changes, the movement is necessary, our bodies transform, so there must be transitions in our humanity. I'm the kind of person who gets bored easily, but certainly I have things that I'll love forever, so I guess that's the reason I'm not afraid of adjustments.

I foresee 3 types of change:

1.The ones that we make consciously

*1st level. Such as ordering your room, not relevant, but can contribute to your welfare. Usually I have no problem with that, once in a while I apply this one.

*2nd level. Like cutting your hair, those you know will cause reactions on you and other people. As I mentioned, those are recurrent according to my personality.

*3rd level. If you change your job or become independent. Those which cause a major impact. I made one of this one year ago, and I don't regret it. Actually I knew that since a long time ago, but I don't know why is that difficult to change something that just don't go with your beliefs.

2. The forced

As sherlover mentioned, she didn't want her sister to move away. But that's something she sorted out in order to continue. If life is about change, it's wrong to stay in the same place wondering, craving, waiting, wanting something that cannot be anymore, for our own sanity. By the way, I had a horrible experience with those.

3. The out of nowhere

Precisely for their origin it's impossible to deepen... perhaps that bus you didn't take saved you from something bad, or that lonely guy you talked to out of pity is now the love of your life..... Obviously I can't tell them, though sometimes my subconscious kinda feels.

Sorry for the enormous post XD
Back to top Go down
blesses
Not So New
Not So New

PostSubject: Re: Changes in your life   Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:09 pm

I don't particularly like change b/c it's like one minute you start getting comfortable and the next, you are pushed out. It's hard to adjust.

I have had some traumatizing experiences with change before (not on a superficial level at all) and I don't know if I'll ever get comfortable again with the situation that is related to it....I hope to one day "change" and be able to since it's a pretty important part of life but....I just can't get into that sort of thing as easily now....one step at a time haha....^^''

Also...I'm about to partake in one of the biggest changes in my life. Many see it as a great change but I'm majorly nervous b/c I've never had a similar experience and I'm worried since the not so good change that happened before may affect me. Plus...it's a change that is both forced and chosen....x.x

But yes...change is good but it's a real bugger too at times. (understatement) If it's necessary, I force myself to accept and adapt (hopefully eventually enjoying it). I would get more into it but I'll leave at that for now....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: change   Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:04 am

Under normal circumstances I hate change in my life but unfortunately change is inevitable in life, so even if I dislike it there is nothing I can do to change it. Also there are some changes that happened in my life that were really welcome and in some ways changed my life for the better. So I guess my real answer is not so cut and dry as like or dislike. scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Changes in your life   Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:07 am

I personally like changes, but sometimes they aren't things that can ever be liked.
The greatest change was after a car accident when I was 12 year old. It was in the summer holidays.
You could say that it was really a bad accident, the only heavy injured persons were me and my little sister who was only 8 years old.
I had many broken bones and even after they healed in 4 months, I could't use them, Ihad to learn it.
Whats impotant is that I am still alive and have no scars or marks on my body.
and I changed I wasn't the idiot anymore who didn't value her life. I mean I was really greateful and had many plans for live.
I also begann to see everything in a different way.
So this change in life was a lot of hardship but I am happy it happened, then if not I wouldn't be who I am now.

sorry I wrote a lot but when I remember it I become somehow sad, because I was really scared I would lose my family!
ThANKS FOR LISTINING!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
rayghiemay

PostSubject: Re: Changes in your life   Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:10 am

akinathemis wrote:

the program i'm in right now requires a lot of change, sometimes we're given group tasks (i'm not a sociable person) so i have a hard time adjusting especially when i don't know or like the person i'm grouped with. like you, i know that change is good and i'm also working my way on accepting the changes that are happening within my radar. i hope we both 'change' for the better Laughing [justify]

"Fear can only ruin your life if you will allow for it to. In our lives we can try to bypass our fears by staying away from them as much as possible, but to truly conquer each fear we must step up to it, and take it on. We can only defeat something if we are willing to compete against it, and with a strong heart, a determined attitude, and an unbreakable will, there is nothing in this world we can't defeat if we give it our all."

afro
Back to top Go down
roranda

PostSubject: Re: Changes in your life   Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:53 am

I love changes...I already did a few times. My favorites one was when I moved to an another country...I had to change everything...it was hard but fullfilling! Now I'm back to square one and I'm planning to change my life again, it won't be easy but I'll do!
So, yes I do love changes...what scare me the most is the monotony Smile
Back to top Go down
rayghiemay

PostSubject: Re: Changes in your life   Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:33 pm

cool! reminds me of the time when i moved from another place. someday i'd like to travel to different places just to experience different cultures

"Fear can only ruin your life if you will allow for it to. In our lives we can try to bypass our fears by staying away from them as much as possible, but to truly conquer each fear we must step up to it, and take it on. We can only defeat something if we are willing to compete against it, and with a strong heart, a determined attitude, and an unbreakable will, there is nothing in this world we can't defeat if we give it our all."

afro
Back to top Go down
asiangurlie87
Cool User
Cool User

PostSubject: Re: Changes in your life   Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:58 am

I definitely agree with you because that is exactly how I feel too. I don't like change either but sometimes life will force you to change whether we like it or not.
Back to top Go down
LucyLu

PostSubject: Re: Changes in your life   Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:34 pm

I like change because in a way it is inevitable. I would have to accept it bad or good.
Back to top Go down
swedesamurai
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Changes in your life   Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:04 am

My 200th Post in this Forum, and a philosophical question to boot!

Being older than most of the people on this forum; I can safely say that Life is change.  Whether you want it or not; even if you live the most boring mundane life; it will change at some point.  Either at your volition or by events in your surroundings that will affect you with their effects.
I was fortunate I learned early that you must accept change as a part of your life (Army Brat 13 schools in 4 countries).  
I've had a variety of jobs since I was 13.(Dug Graves, Cleared land, Worked as a Garbageman, Worked as a Camping and Cooking Instuctor at a Boy Scout Camp one summer-I'm an Eagle Scout, Worked in a Diary, worked a Hayer, was a Short Order Cook, was a Cavalry Scout, worked for as an administrator for a community college, was a College Instructor, was a Defense Department Adminstrator, was a controller, was a book-keeper, was a computer technican, a Systems Administrator, was an IT Department Head, was a Web Site Developer and Server Administrator, Was a Marketing Leader, was an International Sales and Marketing Representative).  
I've worked and Lived Asia, Euope, and America (I've traveled to every other continent, except Antartica).  
I've been in many relationships most of them superfical, but I've had three significant ones, One ended due to my partners death (Talk about pain), One ended when my partner left me for someone else (We consequently divorced), and one that I've been happily in for the last 25 years.  I have three sons and a grandson.  I'm only sharing these points to show you that life has thrown me many changes.  If you read my entry in the "What are Your Hobbies?" on page three you will see that I try to live a varied life as full as I can make it.
If you embrace the changes and have the courage to adapt your life becomes so much richer.  I'm in my mid-life phase now and I have lived a full and varied life.  Sure I've made many mistakes and have regrets over some of them.  But if you don't have regrets then you have not lived, for every regret I have, I've had sucesses and joy that many-fold out-weigh the regrets.
Life is not linear it is a convoluted maze that we travel through full of mystery and adventure, where you find yourselves falling passionately in love; experience joy and happiness and also you will find yourselves full of despair and pain as well as falling into periods of mundane boredom only to be thrown into the dynamic tempest of change.
Change is inherent in every aspect of our lives.  It will happen whether you want it or not. I for one choose to embrace it!
Back to top Go down
ceres0413
Cool User
Cool User

PostSubject: Re: Changes in your life   Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:59 am

Like lots of people I don't really like changes, but if it's better after I don't mind ^^!
And I also think it's inevitable in life so...
Back to top Go down
dreamcatcherHR

PostSubject: Re: Changes in your life   Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:24 pm

I need change in my life otherwise I'd get bored. Change isn't always easy but it could be fun depending on what it is Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Loopy Loo

PostSubject: Re: Changes in your life   Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:19 pm

I like changes because in the end I always realize that it was something that I needed. I also get bored when I have the same routine for a long time, so implement a change that will help me get excited. However, when a change is forced on me I have a hard time accepting it, but after a while I learn to embrace the challenge and go with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changes in your life   

Back to top Go down

Changes in your life
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1