BlogHomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

How to write a Romance Novel.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: How to write a Romance Novel.   Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:08 pm

First topic message reminder :

1. Pick a name for your heroine. Anything like the name of a flower or a gemstone will do. Her character should be pure and bit naive.
Your herione should also be poor.
2. Pick your main hunk. Make sure he is taller than than your heroine and is rich. He could be prince of a land no one has heard of. If he is a bit of an ass, it helps with the plot.
3. Pick an exotic location than no normal person could ever afford to visit.
4. set up a conflict of some sort with heroine and the hero. She should be attracted to him for some reason but be repeled by his character of being an ass. She could be his maid or his secretary. If you make her pregnant, it helps.
5. Have some sort of nasty woman play "the other woman" part. You can also give the heroine another hunk to admire.
6. Have the main guy show off his money somehow.

7. stir well and add in a misunderstanding or two.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: How to write a Romance Novel.   Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:23 am

Haha, sorry, I forgot what we said that triggered the topic derailment. I think we also had another thread where we put in all the cliched plots we could think of... but that was also slightly derailed, as is with most of the topics here. We usually just say what we think as we post replies
Back to top Go down
swedesamurai
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: How to write a Romance Novel.   Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:59 am

Sorry for wandering off the topic; as I get older I tend to wander a bit more.  I think the most important factor in any writing is writing that is coherent.  Before I wandered I wanted to make these points.
1.  That is there must be a plausible plot, the writing must get to the point and not wander or get side tracked and all subplots (unless the book is in series) should be resolved at the end.
2. A romance story has to be romantic. Those that are approached with a mutual attraction instead of dominance and submission tend to have a better chance of having real romance develop.
I've read about 1500 HQs (Including Silhouette, and Mills & Boon) to date and some are really cogent and get through really quickly...some wander and get bogged down.  I always finish a book when I start it, even if it is the most terrible story you could imagine, just to see if it pulls its self together.  I won't mention any authors because sometimes even really good authors will write a boo-boo, and conversly sometimes authors whose writing style I'm not fond of sometimes surprise me with a gem.
Back to top Go down
Iaria
Cool User
Cool User

PostSubject: Re: How to write a Romance Novel.   Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:50 pm

that first post pretty much sums up an over-cliched romance novels alright! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to write a Romance Novel.   

Back to top Go down

How to write a Romance Novel.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2