PostSubject: General HQ thread   Mon May 07, 2012 8:19 am

First topic message reminder :

INTRODUCTION--May 6, 2012
Dear Members,

Spoiler:

READ READ READ READ READ!!
Seriously, READ IT. Especially 1,5, and 6

RULES OF DISCUSSION
These rules were put together by the current members of the discussion at that time: aerysa, Nathye, silvery, and blesses (me).
Last Edited:9th of June,2012
Spoiler:

MINI STATUS UPDATES:

OCTOBER 13, 2012
Hi guys,
I haven't been very available for discussion and it seems like no one else is too....I don't know where this is going but I'll be checking in every so often to see if people want to keep discussion. Maybe it's because summer is over so everyone's just going about their busy lives. I know I am but I'll still keep checking in.

Best,
Blesses

CURRENT SUGGESTED HQ DISCUSSION
Italian Playboy's Secret Son/Ososugita Saikai
START DATE: 17th of September, 2012 at 12:00AM/00:00 UTC+00:00
END: 30th of September 2012 at 11:59PM/23:59 UTC+00:00
SCANLATOR: SHOJO MANHWA SCANS
FORUM LINK: http://smscans.fanbb.net/t54-italian-playboy-s-secret-son

NEW RELEASE DISCUSSION
The Desert Lord's Baby
START DATE: 24th of September, 2012
END: 30th of September 2012 at 11:59PM UTC+00:00

Last edited by blesses on Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:13 pm; edited 87 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
blesses
Not So New
Not So New

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:04 am

Dark Heritage
1.) Like
2.) Why?
Spoiler:

3.) Likes
Spoiler:

4.) Dislikes
Spoiler:

5.) Confused N/A
6.) ETC
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
blesses
Not So New
Not So New

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:40 am

Hey everyone!MY LAPTOP IS ALIVE!!! Thank god. =D Don't want to be stuck using a tiny little iTouch xd

Dark Heritage
@swedesamurai
Spoiler:

@Nathye
Spoiler:

@Aerysa
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:10 pm

Dark Heritage

Spoiler:

Opinions
Spoiler:

swedesamurai, I salute you. Even I don't read that fast. Three HQs in 14 hours? That's a little over four hours each. Yes, I believe that Hugh's side of the story is underdeveloped in the manga, but with space constraints, there's only so much you can add in. Let's try reading the original and finding out Smile

Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:27 am

Off-Topic
swedesamurai wrote:
Sorry not stating clearly that I liked this Harlequin. as should have been in my first paragrasph.
No worries. It's the first time you've joined us for a discussion.

You read crazy fast! Shocked It usually takes me at least 6 hours to finish a story of HQ length, and even longer when I'm reading on the computer... Impressive!

But yes, I think the novels typically do a better job of focusing on both sides. But since we were only discussing the manga version, the biased point of view is very obvious. There's only so much room to focus on the story and cover everything. The only way to do "better" is if the story is stretched out over 2 volumes.

The nice thing is that the manga gives you a glimpse into the story, to see if you would actually want to read the novel or not.

Dark Heritage

Spoiler:

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:32 am

I'm actually glad I read this. At first I was going to pass over on this until Yoshi told me about it.
I thought it was going to be one of those sad stories which I don't like. But it wasn't all that sad that it'd make me want to cry a lot.

I liked Rebel straight forwardness, how she treated Celente as a smart child. How she wasn't completely charmed by Hugh. She thought things through well before responding.
I respect Rebel for being a logically reasonable person.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Celente adorable girl. Such a bright child makes me laugh. I love bright children, never know going to say or do. So amusing and fun to talk too.

Thanks Yoshi, you were right it was a good story to read.
Back to top Go down
blesses
Not So New
Not So New

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:18 pm

Dark Heritage

silvery wrote:
I think he's had too many bad experiences with Celente. Children, like animals, misbehave when they want attention, even if it's negative attention. Celente must've trashed some very expensive stuff for Hugh to think like that though. This is why I like the way Rebel handles Celente. She expects good behaviour, so she gets it.

Yes I agree with that which is why I said it's reasonable on his part but it's still upsetting to me to see celente's only guardian to think so horrible of her =/

@Aerysa
Spoiler:

@Celestine
Welcome to the discussion community. (how do you pronounce your name. is the "i" pronounce "eye" or "ee" like in the word seen?) Also, pardon me for being so strict but please use the review format that is posted on the first post in a spoiler. You kind of used it but it isn't so clear.
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 pm

Dark Heritage

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:07 pm

Dark Heritage

@blesses
Spoiler:

@silvery
Spoiler:

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:58 am

Dark Heritage

Spoiler:

@blesses and aerysa
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
blesses
Not So New
Not So New

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:27 pm

Dark Heritage
@ silvery and aerysa
Spoiler:

@Yoshi
Welcome to our discussion =D I don't mean to be strict but please do use the Review format for HQ discussions that take place in this thread. It is in the list of rules in the first post. Please skim through the rules, especially read the one in red please and thank you for your cooperation =)
Spoiler:

OFF TOPIC
I think now is a good time to decide what our next topic of discussion will be. We'll have one-two days to read up and review for discussion to start on Sunday 12 AM +00:00 UTC.

Who will be deciding? Are Yoshi and Celestine going to become regular discussion participants? If so, one of them can have a pick or we can finally let Nathye have a turn?

(I've sent a PM to Yoshi and Celestine so hopefully a quick response).
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:06 pm

Dark Heritage

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:05 pm

Dark Heritage

ok, my little review.

Spoiler:

@blesses
Spoiler:

Hmm I think Nathye or Celestine have the turn, my girlfriend is visiting me this weekend, so I am not in the internet in this time.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:59 pm

lately there weren't any HQ releases. don't you guys work on HQ manga anymore?????
Back to top Go down
blesses
Not So New
Not So New

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:23 pm

Dark Heritage
@silvery
Spoiler:

@Yoshi
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
blesses
Not So New
Not So New

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:34 pm

felicityhale wrote:
lately there weren't any HQ releases. don't you guys work on HQ manga anymore?????

Hi felicityhale.
The people who take part in this discussion thread are just here to discuss projects that have been released by sms. We don't do any scanlating, or at least if there is someone among us who is, I don't know. (I only know that rubenz provided raws one time). If you have any questions about HQ releases, I suggest creating a topic here-http://smscans.fanbb.net/f11-questions-suggestions
However, keep in mind that scanlators are still people who have lives of their own and they necessarily don't have that much time to work on projects in their free time.

Please feel free to come back here for discussion of projects if you wish to join. But do read or skim the list of rules posted at the top of every page because it explains how discussion of projects are organized.
Back to top Go down
Nathye

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:10 am

Dark Heritage

Celestine wrote:
I'm actually glad I read this. At first I was going to pass over on this until Yoshi told me about it.
I thought it was going to be one of those sad stories which I don't like. But it wasn't all that sad that it'd make me want to cry a lot.

I am glad you didn't pass over it Very Happy

[quote="Celestine"] I liked Rebel straight forwardness, how she treated Celente as a smart child. How she wasn't completely charmed by Hugh. She thought things through well before responding.
I respect Rebel for being a logically reasonable person.

That's something I didn't think about ^^ it sure is good to be a logically reasonable person but not to much and in this case I think it was really well though to make her with such a character ^^

Celestine wrote:
I do like that Hugh was at least reasonable when speaking with Rebel and he treated her fairly.
Ms.Ramley definitely cruel, Celente was right calling her a "snake".

Yes she really was a snake

blesses wrote:

Yes I agree with that which is why I said it's reasonable on his part but it's still upsetting to me to see celente's only guardian to think so horrible of her =/

it's really sad... imagine if Rebel hadn't show up she would probably be a really problematic person but it wouldn't be her fault

I would love to discuss more but I don't have time so sorry and since there is just 5 hours or so till the end ^^ (I really just started discussing at the end of the time limit that's so like me silent)

blesses wrote:

OFF TOPIC
I think now is a good time to decide what our next topic of discussion will be. We'll have one-two days to read up and review for discussion to start on Sunday 12 AM +00:00 UTC.

Who will be deciding? Are Yoshi and Celestine going to become regular discussion participants? If so, one of them can have a pick or we can finally let Nathye have a turn?

(I've sent a PM to Yoshi and Celestine so hopefully a quick response).

Yoshi wrote:
Hmm I think Nathye or Celestine have the turn, my girlfriend is visiting me this weekend, so I am not in the internet in this time.

I hope Celestine can do it I am a little bad at choosing Razz (there are so many of them) but she can't I don't mind Very Happy

Not So New
Not So New

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:40 am

Nathye wrote:
Dark Heritage
blesses wrote:

it's really sad... imagine if Rebel hadn't show up she would probably be a really problematic person but it wouldn't be her fault

I would love to discuss more but I don't have time so sorry and since there is just 5 hours or so till the end ^^ (I really just started discussing at the end of the time limit that's so like me silent)

Lol that's alright =) Maybe we can revisit it some other time.

Off Topic
Well I haven't heard back from Celestine yet. Also, Nathye, you have been in the discussion since the beginning so I think it's a good time for you to finally choose. =) go ahead! Please provide the forum download link and the blog link as well.
Back to top Go down
Nathye

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:03 am

blesses wrote:
Nathye wrote:

Lol that's alright =) Maybe we can revisit it some other time.

Off Topic
Well I haven't heard back from Celestine yet. Also, Nathye, you have been in the discussion since the beginning so I think it's a good time for you to finally choose. =) go ahead! Please provide the forum download link and the blog link as well.

Well she still has some time till midnight so try to wait a little bit more maybe she hasn't seen the pm yet...

In any case here is my suggestion ^^ (I really had to choose this one ! it's my most favorite one Very Happy) :

Marriage Scandal, Showbiz Baby! / Jounetsu no Hate ni

Download link
Forum link

I really hope that sms releases one HQ this weekend that way we can discuss 2 at the same time and I can have fun reading Razz

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:29 pm

Oops... haha, totally missed all the discussion!! My bad. Things have just be busy/tiring, so wasn't feeling up to participating. Which is unfortunate, since there were many good points brought up... Oh well. We could always revisit this at a later date Smile

That said...

Nathye wrote:

Download link
Forum link

I really hope that sms releases one HQ this weekend that way we can discuss 2 at the same time and I can have fun reading Razz
If I remember correctly, I totally hated this one, but I could be wrong Laughing

Anyways, I'll try to be more active this week, but things are busy, yet not busy. Lots of little things to do here and there Rolling Eyes But I'll come back to give at least a review and participate where I can.

BTW Nathye, I don't think there's a "good" or "bad" picking. We all have different tastes, so it's good that each of us pick so we're not discussing the same "type" each time! ^^ But yes, it's hard to make a decision when there are so many to choose from.

Not So New
Not So New

PostSubject: Off TOpic   Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:40 pm

aerysa wrote:
Oops... haha, totally missed all the discussion!! My bad. Things have just be busy/tiring, so wasn't feeling up to participating. Which is unfortunate, since there were many good points brought up... Oh well. We could always revisit this at a later date Smile
That's alright =) Everyone has business in their lives so we all understand. I was actually wondering where you went b/c usually you participate more and yes, we can revisit later (hopefully).

Nathye wrote:

Download link
Forum link

Celestine hasn't replied so thanks for choosing Nathye and providing all the info, I'll update right away (after posting this). =) Also for me, I remember that I enjoyed certain elements of the HQ you chose Nathye. I think we'll have a good discussion.

And yes, I hope sms releases but I don't know if they'll be able to since most of the HQs that were released were quickly obtain HQs from emanga. =/ I just wish they would release by chapters at the very least.

aerysa wrote:

BTW Nathye, I don't think there's a "good" or "bad" picking. We all have different tastes, so it's good that each of us pick so we're not discussing the same "type" each time! ^^ But yes, it's hard to make a decision when there are so many to choose from.
Well put aerysa =) I agree. I'm actually tempted to possibly choose one that I disliked the next time I have the chance to choose to see what other people's opinions are =D (that is if no one else has chosen it by the time I have that chance)

Also, I'll be keeping a list of people who have chosen and what HQ they chose so we avoid repeats and can ensure everyone has had a chance to choose if no one new joins the discussion.

___edit____
Oh dear, it' seems that I have disregarded silvery. I was under the impression that silvery has already had a chance to choose. xp Sorry....will nominate you next for sure!
Back to top Go down
Celestine
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:43 am

I'm fine with Nathye picking. It's who next right. I don't think there is a right or wrong of choosing either. Just some like certain books and others don't.

But I'm glad you choose Very Happy this one! Sorry for the PM. I don't check so often in any of my e-mails. Because people take time to reply (so I've gotten used to it)

I'm not exactly certain how that example review thing went but.. here goes anyway.

Like: An actual story plot on both main characters being celeberties and not just one. I don't know about anyone else but it's a first for me reading this type of HQ.
I like Matteo suaveness. His certainty what he wants. I like the drawings how expressive Jennifer feelings were drawn in really wrapped me up in the story.
The scenes between the past and present were very noticeable that could actually see how much they changed.
The beautiful scenes on that island.

Dislike:
Spoiler:

Jennifer wasn't exactly one of my favorite characters, but I liked her defiance and trying to stand up for herself. If it wasn't for her mother's past making her feel vulnerable.

Confusion:
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:15 am

blesses wrote:
___edit____
Oh dear, it' seems that I have disregarded silvery. I was under the impression that silvery has already had a chance to choose. xp Sorry....will nominate you next for sure!
It's getting difficult to keep track of these! We had quite a few new people join recently and some who haven't made an appearance lately. Haven't heard anything from rubenz for a while. Anyways, since Nathye picked the latest one, the current list looks like this.

Choosing order so far (from what I remember; correct me if I'm wrong)
blesses, rubenz, aerysa, swedesamurai, Nathye

Still to pick
silvery, Yoshi, Celestine

@Celestine - To follow the guideline, just answer each of the numbered sections. If you feel you have nothing to add for that section, just put "N/A" or "not applicable". What you did is correct, but if you'll just add the numbers from the sections to make it more clear. For #1, just put what your overall feeling was (in this case 'like') and put your reasoning as #2. Everything else was fine.

Marriage Scandal, Showbiz Baby!

Spoiler:

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:54 am

2) Jennifer shows absolutely no trust in her husband, even though she claims to love him. Matteo holds on to a former dream when he was the one who pushed her into the limelight, knowing full well what that world is like - after all, he's super famous himself. And the side characters... Equally dreadful.

- Hal... Disliked him from his first appearance! Even his NAME annoys me Laughing I get that he's protect his business, but seriously... He seems so emotionless/cruel. Like even if Jennifer didn't leave a message, at least he could have told Matteo that the woman called.
Ugh... Just the whole misunderstand and everything about it was so convoluted in this "ARRRGH! I WANT TO SLAP AND SHAKE ALL OF YOU!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad " way...
- The love scene in the elevator and OH MY GOSH! She's PREGNANT!!!! Shocked Rolling Eyes I probably sound like a broken record by now, but I seriously cannot stress how much I HATE that cliched plot twist. Seriously... It is so not that easy to get pregnant, yet every single one-night stand leads to pregnancy... This ploy is pretty much an instant hate in my opinion.

@aerysa: I agree on these points. Which is why Jennifer wasn't one of my favs but I can't completely blame her because of her mother's influence about don't-trust-men.
I dislike that cliched one-night stand pregnancy thing but gotten used to it. If it was a love affair it'd make more sense.
Oh I really disliked Hal in fact I don't think he even wanted Matteo being with Jennifer in the first place. He always looked arrogant when speaking to her. Which is why I find Matteo being a bit naive and too trusting to notice his secretary doings.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:23 am

Spoiler:

@aerysa
I don't want to interfere with the discussion in the sharing HQ, but when I am not logged in i can clearly open the spoilers...
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:08 pm

@ Celestine
Spoiler:

@ Yoshi
Spoiler:

Off-Topic
Yoshi wrote:
@aerysa
I don't want to interfere with the discussion in the sharing HQ, but when I am not logged in i can clearly open the spoilers...
That's not a problem at all. We mainly use the spoilers because our discussions can get rather long otherwise. It helps keep things more organized. That way, if you're addressing someone in particular, you can direct your comments to that person.

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   

Back to top Go down

General HQ thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next