PostSubject: General HQ thread   Mon May 07, 2012 8:19 am

First topic message reminder :

INTRODUCTION--May 6, 2012
Dear Members,

Spoiler:

READ READ READ READ READ!!
Seriously, READ IT. Especially 1,5, and 6

RULES OF DISCUSSION
These rules were put together by the current members of the discussion at that time: aerysa, Nathye, silvery, and blesses (me).
Last Edited:9th of June,2012
Spoiler:

MINI STATUS UPDATES:

OCTOBER 13, 2012
Hi guys,
I haven't been very available for discussion and it seems like no one else is too....I don't know where this is going but I'll be checking in every so often to see if people want to keep discussion. Maybe it's because summer is over so everyone's just going about their busy lives. I know I am but I'll still keep checking in.

Best,
Blesses

CURRENT SUGGESTED HQ DISCUSSION
Italian Playboy's Secret Son/Ososugita Saikai
START DATE: 17th of September, 2012 at 12:00AM/00:00 UTC+00:00
END: 30th of September 2012 at 11:59PM/23:59 UTC+00:00
SCANLATOR: SHOJO MANHWA SCANS
FORUM LINK: http://smscans.fanbb.net/t54-italian-playboy-s-secret-son

NEW RELEASE DISCUSSION
The Desert Lord's Baby
START DATE: 24th of September, 2012
END: 30th of September 2012 at 11:59PM UTC+00:00

Last edited by blesses on Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:13 pm; edited 87 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
blesses
Not So New
Not So New

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:06 pm

@swedesamurai

That's alright. I was thinking about start the discussion for an old HQ next week anyways. So we'll have the discussion on Princess of Convenience starting Sunday. Also I didn't notify you ahead of time so it's on me. =)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:34 pm

Marriage Wanted

1. like
2. The father of Savanna was like ähm in the Manga the millionaire bosses baby I think it was. (The HQ with the orphans, who became millionaires)
3. Dash, who sees Savanna as a person and not as a cribble. The storyline was very fluental and you could see, that Dash loves Savanna. The wedding of the 4, because it was a good impression, that he couldn't escape the wedding of his sister. The changes that dash goes through after meeting with Savanna
4. That Savanna sees Dash as a person, who don't like cribbles, but that he meant, that Savanna herself and her mind over the cribblefactor is a problem. The thing with the divorce of Savanna and Dash -.- He don't like my... I thought nice... he didn't even taste them but hey, he hates it... That she didn't see the reaction of Dash as a hint, that he was sad, that she goes back into her apartment.
5. NA
6. The drawing of the last page... i don't know, but she looks their a bit different, than I thought she was...

Princess of Convenience

1. like
2. A very nice and fluently story about the sad past of the main characters and the new beginning of them.
3. it was all
4. NA
5. NA
6. NA
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:43 pm

Princess of Convenience

Spoiler:

Marriage Wanted

Spoiler:

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:12 am

aerysa wrote:
Princess of Convenience

Spoiler:

Marriage Wanted

Spoiler:

I agree on the fact it was interesting how it switched Savanna and Dash view points on marriage as their falling in love.

Savanna dad is funny and good humored.

My own review

Marriage Wanted

1. Kinda liked

2. Liked Moments: When Savanna and Dash first meet kinda funny. Them dancing at their wedding. Dash teases her at her parent's house. Lol part he finds out she's a virgin. How Dash stopped the divorce with his client realizing still love each other. That was great. Susan dress was beautiful. Savanna's parents I loved the whole visit.
Dash says she's still beautiful after midnight.

3. Disliked Moments: Savanna negativity she too focused on her leg. When he does say it isn't her leg but her attitude about her disability drives men away. Savanna stupidity of not using a mitten glove when she pulled the pork chops out of the oven. I don't care how irrational you are, but that's pretty stupid to not think your going to burn yourself.

4. Confused on the partnership at law firm. Kinda ridiculous. Get married so you could be choosen as partner. The bet, kinda unrealistic for first chance meeting she brings him to meet her parents as part of that bet and doesn't tell her parents why.
How fast the wedding planning went.

5. I liked the expressions of the faces of the art. Art was done nicely.
Back to top Go down
swedesamurai
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Princess of Convenience   Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:15 am

Title of Story: Princess of Convenience-(Ichiya dake no Princess)

1) What I Love/Hate/Like/Dislike/Neutral about the story
I Love this Harlequin from start to finish.
2) Explain reasons for #1. (Elaborate!)
Spoiler:

3) Moments that I liked and why.
Spoiler:

4) Moments that I disliked and why.
Spoiler:

5) Things that I am confused about.
Spoiler:

6) Other comments that don't fall into categories above.
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
swedesamurai
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Marriage Wanted   Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:56 am

Title of Story: Marriage Wanted

I Liked it.]
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

None

None

Spoiler:

Sorry usually I'm more expressive but I have been quite busy as of late. Will probably update this review later with more details.

Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:47 am

@swedesamurai -
I always enjoy reading your reviews since you put a different perspective on the stories! Being an older gentleman and all. It's so rare to find a man who will read romance, or at least admit that he does Laughing

I definitely agree on your points for both stories. It's really rare to find a book/manga/movie (whatever) that you LOVE for one reason or another, but I really did for Princess of Convenience. So good choice!

Princess of Convenience

swedesamurai wrote:
2. I like stories where the characters are likable both Jessica and Raoul are very likeable characters. As you know in Harlequins mostly the heroines mostly have redeeming qualities and the Heroes are most Alpha Males that at first scare then tantalise the heroine. (They bowl them over with Testosterone) In this story Raoul is really a nice guy from start to finish. As a Guy it is great to a Harlequin confirm that not all of us are as one series I'm reading calls men Neanderthals. Of course Jessica is still bowled over but it is not from cold heartedness or arrogance as in many other Harlequins.
That's so true! A lot of stories just focus on how hard or strong a male is, in comparison to females, but there's so many dimensions to that. Raoul didn't have to be firm and commanding to come across as "male", or lord it over anyone in order to feel more powerful. And I think the fact that he ultimately couldn't save Lill made that fact more pronounced in his life.

He comes through when he needs to, but otherwise is very flexible, another reason why he compliments Jess so well since she seems really spunky and prone to spontaneous decisions.

Not So New
Not So New

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:28 pm

Off-Topic

Hey guys, sorry for not being able to join in on discussion this week. Some great points made. I see you guys began discussion of Princess of Convenience. (intended for next week but ok....I guess we'll start a new one monday) Even though I didn't reread Princess of Convenience, I remember myself liking it pretty well =) alpaca sheeps!! They're so adorable :3 It's always nice when family is included in HQs too.

Next person to choose is Nathye. We haven't heard from her in awhile so I PMed her and hopefully she will return soon.

Back to top Go down
blesses
Not So New
Not So New

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:34 pm

Hey everyone.
On Thursday I'll be off on a quick family trip with my parents and sister for a few days. I'll be able to check in occasionally just to see how discussion is going but I won't be chatting. But I will post my review before I go on my trip.

Also, I've been in contact with Nathye and she said that she'll hold off on choosing an HQ until she gets settled back in with our discussions. Therefore, I'm going to quickly choose an HQ for this week for discussion.

And before I go off on my trip, I hope Yoshi will reply to my PM because he's next to choose an HQ which will be designated for next week. I'll be back on monday.

THIS WEEK'S DISCUSSION WILL NOW BEGIN FOR Angus's Lost Lady
Back to top Go down
Celestine
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:32 pm

Princess of Conveince

1. Loved it. What an incredible story.

2. Why: The story was believable. A woman who was a mother that wanted to protect a child and she liked the Prince Raoul. So they get married, their reasons were reasonable enough. It had a nice background for both Jessica and Raoul to explain their attitudes and how they feel. It had a nice flow with them falling in love slowly. Wonderful round about story.

3. Moments Liked: Went to go find Edouard and Jessica freaked out on one of the toys. The alpacas and the reporters. The bedroom scene with the witnesses outside of the room Lol. When mother said she'd marry Anri and Anri presented the car to Raoul.

4. Disliked: Nothing. I think Cousins were a necessity there's always somebody to take the throne by being a guardian of an heir. The story needed a very good reason why Jessica and Raoul must marry.

5. Confusion: Nothing.

6. Other: Art was nice. Quite detailed. Jessica looked amazing in the dress. The barn was more comfortable then the bedrooms very hard to imagine.

Nice pick, it was great to study
Back to top Go down
blesses
Not So New
Not So New

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:57 pm

Angus's Lost Lady
1. Neutral/like
2.I didn't have much time to actually read it carefully nor take notes. It's neutral/like for me. I like how it's like a mystery of cinderella kind of thing. Though I thought the way Angus fell in love with Rebecca was kind of impulsive (then again if love isn't impulsive, what is it?). But....cinderella is kind of the same
"3. Likes
-I was amused by Vikki's childlike interest in the serious matters of this story. It's very childlike but it was very charming to me.
-I like Angus's loyalty and devotion. I could see it in how kind he was to take in Rebecca but also in how he tells Rebecca that he proposed to Vikki's mother three times despite getting rejected
-When Vikki calls Angus ""Daddy"" for the first time. =)"
"4. Dislikes
-I was bothered by Angus's constant focus on Rebecca's beauty =/ It's hard to ignore attraction but still….though there were times when it was kind of funny"
"5. Confusion
-Not so much as confused but more like questionable. I'm always surprised by children like Vikki, the way they grow up in an adult's world, learning the things they had to learn for survival…."
Back to top Go down
Nathye

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:21 am

Angus's Lost Lady

Netral.

Well I have to admit that starting with a Cinderella type story is interesting and shows what to expect from it but then everything changes and it is not a fairytale anymore. Showing new aspects that I have never seen in another HQ is really nice.

The lady with no memory is nice, nothing I had read in HQ before, the complex child that helps Rebecca in getting her memories back and also ends up liking her like a mother.

I really dislike the inefficiency of the police... I don't know if they could or not do something but she lost her memory and she was shot the should have done something.
I understand that she lost her memory but Angus should have believed in her when she said she had no fiance... Well as always I hate when a mother abandons her child this is no exception ^^

Nothing that I am confused about... it was quite clear the message.

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Angus's Lost Lady   Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:11 am

Title of Story: Angus's Lost Lady

I Liked it.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Nothing. Story was well laid out an presented straight forward.
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:51 am

Angus's Lost Lady

1) Neutral/Like

2) I like the main characters. I like how Rebecca tries to stay strong even though she's facing a really tough time and how Angus is such a gentleman (for the most part). Vikki is a total sweetheart with how she easily accepts Rebecca into their home even when she could have been an attention-grabbing brat. The flow of it was well done as well.

3) Mm...
- Vikki and her introduction/first appearance.
- How Rebecca goes along to help Angus with his work.
- The part where they eat her home-cooked meal and are enjoying it.
- Where Rebecca compares him to a knight in shining armor. Except his armor was creepy-weird looking... ha!
- When Rebecca is going to leave and Vikki puts up a tough front, but ends up crying anyways.
- The first time Vikki calls Angus "daddy" - instinctively.
- Though being held captive, Rebecca shows her spirit and fights back, giving Angus that chance to shoot the villain.

4) Not too much, but it's kind of a critical one - leading to the "neutral" feel more.
- How every "perception angle" from Angus is "how beautiful" she is... It's a little overdone and gives me the feel that he only likes her because she's a sexy babe. Instead, it would have been better to focus on her sweet and gentle nature or intelligence. Like how she always helps with Vikki when she really has no responsibility in that department. Or her quick thinking during their stakeout. Just something DEEPER than her physical appearance.

5) The one line of "my daughter - blue-eyed daughter" when Angus explains to Rebecca who Vikki is... Uh WHAT? What is the significance of saying she's blue-eyed?! Neutral It feels really out of place to me. There was another part where I felt like one of the lines was redundant or pointless, but I can't remember where now.

Anyways, side rant... But when it's condensed into something so short, I think it's critical to "maximize" the efficiency of the dialogue. Just like you pick the critical scenes to the story, you should be picking critical dialogue. So the excess pointlessness of some of it is off-putting... (Maybe I just picked poor timing to read it since I'm tired from work Laughing )

6) I totally loooove this artist's work!! Even if all her main characters look the same... haha! But it's still, so preeetty! So yeah, all the work I've seen of hers, the main guy has short, dark hair like Angus. Um, except one. And the lady has like long, flowy light-colored hair. Straaange. Oh well. That part nudges my rating closer to the "like" end XD

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:56 am

Angus's Lost Lady

1. Disliked it. Wasn't realistic enough somebody have memory loss.

2.Too much physical contact, too much self awareness, her guard should be down more if she trusts Angus and his daughter.

Too rushed. silent Mad

3. The child.

4. Parts of memory loss not realistic enough.

5. Confusion: None.

6. Characters were lively so I liked that. Art was nice.

Back to top Go down
Nathye

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:19 am

Well the majority say that they are neutral I can understand why Very Happy It is not that realistic although it is kind of funny.

I agree when blesses says that Angus feel in love to impulsive there was no development. There should be some scenes between.

I find a little hard to understand how a child that has been created with her father can't or won't be call her father "dad" or something like that. If she hadn't much contact with the father it is more or less normal, but when she has lived all her life with him, it's weird.

I also think it's pretty funny like swedesamurai said Angus trying not fall in Love with Becky. Well it must be difficult to have a sense of rationality and the "heart" saying 2 different things and opposite to each other. 'which one should I follow?' 'what is the right choice?' All those questions turning up and not having the answer ^^

When I read the story I didn't pay much attention to it but since aerysa mentioned what is the meaning of "my daughter - blue-eyed daughter" in the context ?

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:58 pm

silvery wrote:
I agree. Oh well, I like this week's release: Practice husband. I think I'm a huge sucker for childhood friends falling in love... Rolling Eyes Art was nice and there's just the right amount of tension to move the story along. I hope everyone gives their two cents before me and aerysa end up having a two way debate Wink

I think the mangaka did a very good job on this one. I really enjoyed it. She managed to convey his pain at his father's betrayal, what's holding him back from forming relationships and the attachment between the two of them. Basically, I don't really need to read the book, as I think she's managed to capture everything that was probably in the original book.
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:59 pm

Angus's Lost Lady

1) Neutral/like
2) I found the interaction between Angus and Rebecca sweet. Rebecca and Vikki also make another cute pair.
3) Likes: When Rebecca and Angus were tailing the guy who two-timed his wife, When Vikki called Angus daddy, I think more or less the same scene's everyone liked.
4) Not any, really... I can understand where Angus is coming from when he pushed her away the morning after, especially since it was a "fiance" Maybe the only thing was that I felt the officer Angus was asking help from seemed a little cold...
5) N/A
6) Art was nice and to explain aerysa and Nathye's confusion; Blue eyed girl (originally boy) means the favourite or darling or a person or group (source: Collins dictionary) Usually used to refer as the Boss' favourite (since teacher's pet can't be applied here). It meant that Angus has a "darling" waiting for him so he couldn't stay long away.

Off Topic

Hi, mangakit and welcome to the HQ discussion page. Do join us for our other discussions but be sure to read the rules before that. That way we can air our views in an orderly manner (boy I sound like a teacher Wink )
Back to top Go down
blesses
Not So New
Not So New

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:31 pm

Off Topic

I'm back!! =) Home sweet home.

It looks like we have a lot of the same opinions here.
And as usual, it's an interesting read for swedesamurai's review especially your inclusion of the old Hollywood movies this time =) When I think about it, you are right. There was a period of time when detective shows/movies were all the hype. Hearing you talk about them makes me want to watch some....gotta go to the library some time.

Great new avatars for aerysa-very pretty and swedesamurai-rurouni kenshin!! =D (Which reminds me I should get one soon....)

As for a new topic, I was hoping to post one when I got back but it looks like we'll have to wait awhile before we get our next topic to discuss.

Toodles for now....
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:52 pm

silvery wrote:
Angus's Lost Lady

6) Art was nice and to explain aerysa and Nathye's confusion; Blue eyed girl (originally boy) means the favourite or darling or a person or group (source: Collins dictionary) Usually used to refer as the Boss' favourite (since teacher's pet can't be applied here). It meant that Angus has a "darling" waiting for him so he couldn't stay long away.
Oooh!! So that's what it is. Lol, I thought he had to put some emphasis on her eyes for some reason... Like to highlight that they didn't have the same eye color or something Rolling Eyes

Thanks for clearing that up! Makes so much more sense now Laughing

blesses wrote:
Off Topic

I'm back!! =) Home sweet home.

Toodles for now....
Welcome back blesses! ^^ I'm glad I'm not the only one who enjoys reading swedesamurai's reviews. Always something interesting to add~

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:33 am

mangakit welcome I hope you can join us but like silvery said you don't need to read everything but just the important ones Very Happy

hey blesses welcome back Very Happy

I had never heard the term Blue eyed girl (or boy) but you definition sure makes sense Silvery... since normally the blue eyed are the favorites, also being blonde ^^ that was one of the conditions for the "perfects" by Hitler right?! hehe I am everything but perfect what a shame xD

Not So New
Not So New

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:32 am

Nathye wrote:

I had never heard the term Blue eyed girl (or boy) but you definition sure makes sense Silvery... since normally the blue eyed are the favorites, also being blonde ^^ that was one of the conditions for the "perfects" by Hitler right?! hehe I am everything but perfect what a shame xD

It sounds like a term usually used by Americans. I never hear it though b/c I live in a melting pot

Also, Welcome back Nathye =) we've missed you here.
Back to top Go down
Nathye

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:07 am

blesses wrote:
Nathye wrote:

It sounds like a term usually used by Americans. I never hear it though b/c I live in a melting pot

Also, Welcome back Nathye =) we've missed you here.

Thanks I am back Very Happy I also missed not being here it has been a long time ^^

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:50 pm

Off Topic

I couldn't find the etymology of the word, so I can't say whether Nathye's assumption is correct. But considering that this word is rather old and that racism (no offense meant to anyone) was prevalent until much later, it would not be surprising. It's also called fair haired boy in the US, according to the Cambridge dictionary.
Back to top Go down
blesses
Not So New
Not So New

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:56 pm

DISCUSSION WILL NOW BEGIN FOR:
Shukumei no Partner / Man of Ice

Lol this one....I remember quite well. We discussed it briefly before we got more organized =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   

Back to top Go down

General HQ thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next