PostSubject: General HQ thread   Mon May 07, 2012 8:19 am

First topic message reminder :

INTRODUCTION--May 6, 2012
Dear Members,

Spoiler:

READ READ READ READ READ!!
Seriously, READ IT. Especially 1,5, and 6

RULES OF DISCUSSION
These rules were put together by the current members of the discussion at that time: aerysa, Nathye, silvery, and blesses (me).
Last Edited:9th of June,2012
Spoiler:

MINI STATUS UPDATES:

OCTOBER 13, 2012
Hi guys,
I haven't been very available for discussion and it seems like no one else is too....I don't know where this is going but I'll be checking in every so often to see if people want to keep discussion. Maybe it's because summer is over so everyone's just going about their busy lives. I know I am but I'll still keep checking in.

Best,
Blesses

CURRENT SUGGESTED HQ DISCUSSION
Italian Playboy's Secret Son/Ososugita Saikai
START DATE: 17th of September, 2012 at 12:00AM/00:00 UTC+00:00
END: 30th of September 2012 at 11:59PM/23:59 UTC+00:00
SCANLATOR: SHOJO MANHWA SCANS
FORUM LINK: http://smscans.fanbb.net/t54-italian-playboy-s-secret-son

NEW RELEASE DISCUSSION
The Desert Lord's Baby
START DATE: 24th of September, 2012
END: 30th of September 2012 at 11:59PM UTC+00:00

Last edited by blesses on Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:13 pm; edited 87 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:13 pm

silvery wrote:
Off Topic

I couldn't find the etymology of the word, so I can't say whether Nathye's assumption is correct. But considering that this word is rather old and that racism (no offense meant to anyone) was prevalent until much later, it would not be surprising. It's also called fair haired boy in the US, according to the Cambridge dictionary.
Well... When I looked it up, apparently it got popularized by a song?

I'm not sure if this is the right one, but this is so-called the "original"??
Youtube Video

blesses wrote:
Shukumei no Partner / Man of Ice[/size]

Lol this one....I remember quite well. We discussed it briefly before we got more organized =)
.... Ahaha, of course you would remember this one... Since we were ranting about it Razz

Anyways, I'll hafta re-read it to give it a fresh look and then come back with a formal review... Though I'm pretty sure I'm still going to hate it ^^;;

Not So New
Not So New

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:42 pm

aerysa wrote:

blesses wrote:
Shukumei no Partner / Man of Ice[/size]

Lol this one....I remember quite well. We discussed it briefly before we got more organized =)
.... Ahaha, of course you would remember this one... Since we were ranting about it Razz

Anyways, I'll hafta re-read it to give it a fresh look and then come back with a formal review... Though I'm pretty sure I'm still going to hate it ^^;;

Haha exactly why I said I remember it well =)
Same, reread and review asap
Back to top Go down
swedesamurai
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Man of Ice (Shukumei no Partner)   Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:11 am

Title of Story: Man of Ice (Shukumei no Partner) [/b]

1) What I Love/Hate/Like/Dislike/Neutral about the story

I don't Just Dislike this Story I hate it!

2) Explain reasons for #1. (Elaborate!)

I do not like stories that glorify rape.

The Character Dawson is a low life dirt bag. I mean whale dung laying at the bottom of the Marians Trench must look like Shooting Stars compared to him. I have read a lot of Harlequins in the last month I'm at about 500 of them. Most have an Alpha Male that often is cold-woman hater- womanizer-what- ever but they have some redeeming qualities to offer their partner. Dawson has no redeeming qualities.

Dawson has treated Berrie very badly since she was a teenager. Calls her a Slut. Giving away her presents, that she works for, to other women. He was a heartless SOB from A to Z

Not satisfied with humiliating her for years; Dawson whilst on a family vacation - rapes Berrie. Blaming his rape of Berrie as a consequence "Because you lustfully seduced me. I seduced you." What a low life! Then he finds out that she is was pregnant with his child and miscarriages and he does what? You got that right nothing. He really is made up of that crud that you find at the bottom of your trash cans in summer.( No zhat was too mild he's the crud that you find under the rim of a public toilet) Not one thing redeems him.

Years Pass, he has trouble with his ranch so what does this president of the morals league do: he uses Berrie as he will uses her to further his schemes about buy an adjacent ranch - Ha! using her as a fake fiancée so that the limp d--k piece of dog poop does have to reveal to Mrs. Hilton that he can't get it up. Berrie agrees to help him so how does this real work of art repay her by giving her nothing but grief. Ignores her and shows Berrie that he prefers Mrs. Hilton's company over hers. Not satisfied with making her miserable he proceeds to seduce her to find out if he is potent or not-when he finds out he is potent he dumps her coldly.

To find up he impregnated her again so what does he do ....He comes and asks her to marry him. Every thing that he did to her for years all the psycho terror-rape and abuse was because he hated Berries mother-----BOO HOO- Can you feel the crocodile tears I'm shedding?

Berrie accepts his proposal! So Abuse, Rape and Terror pays off. Nice seduction Plan; it makes me sick. Berrie is such a Basket case. She shows all of the signs of an abused woman. One that has been broken by a man. She does what ever Dawson wants. She submits herself constantly to his abuse. That is not love - That is a sickness. The story talks about how her mother didn't want her and that she's has problems with her self worth, her hanging around Dawson must have really been helpful for her. If she knew she was going to live with a rapist why didn't she get a IUD placed in her?

He's such a piece of trash! I'd love nothing better than to pound my fists into his face for a couple of hours.

3) Moments that I liked and why.

Not a Single One ( Maybe the End Page- because nothing else comes up)

4) Moments that I disliked and why.

Everything-Characters-Actions-Outcome. To me it is a sad story and I don't read Harlequins because I like sad stories. I like stories to have some redeeming virtue in them. This one doesn't have that. But let ask you girls something could you trust a man like Dawson?

5) Things that I am confused about.

Why some one would write such a sick story!

6) Other comments that don't fall into categories above.

Art was OK. It showed Dawson as a really mean guy.

Off the subject
I changed my Avatar because I look too much like Toshiro Mifune(really) - This way I can look like Kenshin instead!

Last edited by swedesamurai on Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correcting my incoherencies that were due to my anger while thinking about this Manga)
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:08 pm

Man of Ice

1) HAAATE IT! RAWR~

2) Dawson is suuuuch an ass!! And Berrie somehow keeps on "loving" him... Even when he treats her filthier than garbage. Neither of the main characters are likeable. Dawson is just down right despicable and deserves a good beating - calling her filthy names from the start with absolutely ZERO consideration for her feelings or even her as a person.

3) Absolutely NOTHING. Not even the art.

4) The entire story? HA! Though to pick out some BIIIG peeves.
- Dawson's trashy attitude and his pride
- Berrie's grand illusions of love and the fact that she "fell in love with him when I first saw him". Honey, that's called LUST. And his "kind" eyes?! WHERE?! (You're FIFTEEN. The heck you know about love?! Especially when you didn't even get any from your mother...)
- Rape AAAND the fact that she freakin' got pregnant from it.
- The fact that she went to "protect" HIS pride. Honey, he has way more than enough of it. He ain't need protecting in that department! He needs to get it smashed to smithereens!! And then some!!
- His "oh, I've loved her forever and she hates me" spiel to Mrs. Hilton. NO, go figure! You freakin' forced yourself on the girl, abused her from day one if you weren't giving her the cold shoulder and blame all your OWN inadequacies on the woman.
- They have sex for yet a second time and OH MY GOOSH... Let's freak out cuz she's looking at me and then send the girl packing by ONCE AGAIN, abusing her. AAAAND of course, she gets pregnant! Like seeeriously?! You had sex twice and she gets pregnant TWICE?!?! Evil or Very Mad

Baaasically, his love for Berrie is second to his pride because he didn't want to become a "slave to sex" like his father... When she did absolutely NOTHING to provoke him. Wearing a tank top makes her a slut? Dude, go walk outside on a hot summer's day and pretty much EVERY woman is a "slut". It's HOT.

So yeah, "I love her, but hell if I don't love ME more..." Rolling Eyes Can I bitch-slap you a few million times? Cuz you need it.

And yes, I actually do not like the art. WHY are their noses soooo darn pointed?! It's so unnatural!! I mean, yeah, the typical saucer-big eyes of shoujo/josei art is pretty unnatural too, but at least it's soft and well, pretty. I'm not kidding. Their noses seriously, seriously bother me and of course it's like suuuper obvious for the insert chapter title page. BAH. Everything is so angular and hard.

5) WHAT in the world was she talking about at the end when he confessed about going to propose and she talks about her SIBLING?! That part when the landlord's son came out of her place or whatever. UH... She's an only child and her "sibling" is Dawson - by marriage... Rolling Eyes

But I agree with swedesamurai... How could someone write such a terrible story?!!

6) Oh yeah... The part where he first shows up and does his shitty spiel to her about having two men on her arms... And then when she goes home or whatever. And then she has those internal dialogue moments where she's like "OMG! He's STIIIILLL SOOOO HOT!! And he's 32!!! AND I LOVE HIM!!!"

That totally made me roll my eyes. Like uh... The 30's is like a man's prime. OF COURSE he looks good! SHEEESH!! Rolling Eyes If he was a so-called stud muffin in his 20's, he's only gonna get better in his 30's. And apparently that's super why you love him anyways, because you "saw him" and fell in love with him...

HOW many pet-peeve elements are there in that story?
- "LOVE" (aka lust) at first sight
- Jerk-faced, despicable male character
- Rape
- Pregnancy after one time of sex

Just the last one ALONE is enough to make me despise a story and to roll all THAT into one?! HA! Can't hate it enough!!

(And uhm... Please pardon my foul language because I get so riled up and there just isn't any nicer words to use to describe it!)

Off-Topic

(Takes deep breaths to calm down... ... ...) Laughing

Since swedesamurai explained... I changed my avatar/icon since I was using the old one both on here and my FF.net profile and I wanted them to be different! Got around to making a new one ^^

Not So New
Not So New

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:39 pm

I was actually trying to avoid writing this review/reread it which is why it is so late. But I finally got it over with. I didn't think it deserved an actual read so when I was reading and began to get irritated, I just started skimming.

Man of Ice

1. Hate period
2. The relationship, the misunderstandings, the unjust assumptions and mistreatment that Berrie suffers, everything was just so wrong……
3.Can't name any….Im sorry but I was really annoyed that I had a hard time sitting through it and trying to find enjoyment
4. Dislikes…..all of it but here are so highlights
-First of all….I think there may also be a problem in the name. I mean….who names their child Berrie? No offense but given events that have transpired in society, any name that is berry related just isn't right for a woman. I wouldn't call it a proper name at all. Basically what I'm saying is that right off the bat, the female lead isn't so impressionable with such a name "berrie".
-Dawson has the maturity of a elementary school boy. Bullying and putting down the girl you are attracted to. Ugh it's just so….!!!!!
-I'm so annoyed by the part when Dawson suggests touching each other before that woman comes to meet them and then says Berry won't forgive him. NO DUH YOU RAPED HER! geez for crying out loud, if he's so smart, connect the dots. It's not like he's been particularly treating Berry kindly. Look at the first reunion! He obviously thought she was a slut when she was talking to two men.
-The time when he rapes her and years later she's just like no it's ok. i was just afraid b/c it's my first time......*rolls eyes**It's not some funny story that you remember back on! It's like one of those things that you give a good laugh. You can't go "oh remember that time when you thought I was seducing you b/c I was naked and you raped me?"
-God Dawson is so rude. Like she he talks about having sex to try to get right of impotence with the widow. Do you think it's ok to talk to a girl who "had" unrequited love for you about doing it with another woman?
-No….obese babies….no. that's just wrong. Cherbus are chubby but they're not that fat
5. Confused
-What I'm surprised about is how civil the two can act around each other after what had happened. It's love that has driven them so far but….it just amazes me how Berrie can still be so calm when Dawson has acted out at her without any reason
6. ETC
-As much as this artist tired desperate to assensuate the physical "beauty" of the main characters, it became more of a turn off and contributed to the bad taste that both characters themselves portray in their words and actions.
-There are things like give and take in some relationships. In this case, all I saw was berry, giving giving giving and Dawson is all take take take. He knows how kind berry is and takes advantage of it.
-Geez….Gone with the wind anyone? I've never watched it so I may be wrong but I know the basic storyline. This isn't quite like it at all of course but still….I just can't believe how forgiving Berry is and how these two just act like none of it has happened.
Back to top Go down
swedesamurai
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:21 pm

Like I sid this is the worst Harlequin Manga/Mahawa that I've read

Quote :

aerysa says:
And yes, I actually do not like the art. WHY are their noses soooo darn pointed?! It's so unnatural!! I mean, yeah, the typical saucer-big eyes of shoujo/josei art is pretty unnatural too, but at least it's soft and well, pretty. I'm not kidding. Their noses seriously, seriously bother me and of course it's like suuuper obvious for the insert chapter title page. BAH. Everything is so angular and hard.

I agree the art work needs some real improvement..The only thing I found acceptable in it with it's hard edges was to make the eyes of Dawson look so cold. It was a digusting story wasn't it, yuk! yuk! yuk!

Quote :

blesses says:
-Geez….Gone with the wind anyone? I've never watched it so I may be wrong but I know the basic storyline. This isn't quite like it at all of course but still….I just can't believe how forgiving Berry is and how these two just act like none of it has happened.

Gone with the Wind was a great book. I went to school in Georgia (USA) during the 1960's when they were still segergated(A Hard trick for a half white half Japanese War-Baby) and it was required reading fo us . In Margaret Mitchell's Book it is Scarlet O'hara(the female protagonist) that is the user, and Brett Butler(the male protagonist) the giver. It is just the other way around from "Man of Ice"; but if I were to compare the two "Takers" Dawson and Scarlett are both cold calculating sob/dob's; but at least in "Gone with the Wind" Scarlett O'hara gets her come uppance when Brett realises that he has wasted his time loving her; so famously dumps her. "In Man of Ice" Berrie submitts to Dawson - Thereby really ruining a good Harlequin.

The ending would have been better if it had one like "Gone with the Wind". You know Berrie, after Birth, having the Child in her arms; standing in the dowway of the Ranch House clearly refusing to have anything to do with a pleading Dawson and uttering Bretts' words paraphrase in this manner "Frankly Dawson I don't give a Damn!" with a big The End. I think a bittersweet ending would have been a lot bette than the orginal. I would have loved to have seen Berrie find a backbone and some self determination for herself .
Back to top Go down
blesses
Not So New
Not So New

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:08 pm

swedesamurai wrote:
Like I sid this is the worst Harlequin Manga/Mahawa that I've read
Gone with the Wind was a great book. I went to school in Georgia (USA) during the 1960's when they were still segergated(A Hard trick for a half white half Japanese War-Baby) and it was required reading fo us . In Margaret Mitchell's Book it is Scarlet O'hara(the female protagonist) that is the user, and Brett Butler(the male protagonist) the giver. It is just the other way around from "Man of Ice"; but if I were to compare the two "Takers" Dawson and Scarlett are both cold calculating sob/dob's; but at least in "Gone with the Wind" Scarlett O'hara gets her come uppance when Brett realises that he has wasted his time loving her; so famously dumps her. "In Man of Ice" Berrie submitts to Dawson - Thereby really ruining a good Harlequin.

The ending would have been better if it had one like "Gone with the Wind". You know Berrie, after Birth, having the Child in her arms; standing in the dowway of the Ranch House clearly refusing to have anything to do with a pleading Dawson and uttering Bretts' words paraphrase in this manner "Frankly Dawson I don't give a Damn!" with a big The End. I think a bittersweet ending would have been a lot bette than the orginal. I would have loved to have seen Berrie find a backbone and some self determination for herself .
Much agreed now that I think about the whole storyline of Gone with the Wind. I was focusing on the part where there was rape. But yes, if only berrie just left and didn't bother putting up with Dawson anymore. Though there's never been an HQ where the leads don't become a happily ever after couple....
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:29 pm

blesses wrote:
-First of all….I think there may also be a problem in the name. I mean….who names their child Berrie? No offense but given events that have transpired in society, any name that is berry related just isn't right for a woman. I wouldn't call it a proper name at all. Basically what I'm saying is that right off the bat, the female lead isn't so impressionable with such a name "berrie".
AHAHA! I had to go look it up because that's just funny. Her true name as in based on the book is supposed to be "Barrie". Not that much better, but really... Not a berry.

That said... Oh my gosh, blesses! I can tell how upset this HQ made you! It took me a while to make heads or tails out of some of your comments Razz

As for Gone With the Wind... I vaguely remember bits and pieces of it, but never saw it in full so I never would have seen the correlation. I do remember that part where the guy walks out though! I think I'm mixing it up with West Side Story, another movie I couldn't watch.

As for the terrible, terrible story... It's too bad it's the first "book" I've read of hers... Because seriously, it has turned me off from all of her stories period. Cannot get over how bad this one is.

Oh, and Dawson isn't just rude. He's a cold-hearted, conniving, manipulative piece of (insert expletive, and add a few thousand more.)

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:53 pm

Mad I think it's just agreed that nobody really liked this story because Dawson is an As-fill in the blank and the heroine was just pitiful.
Back to top Go down
blesses
Not So New
Not So New

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:20 pm

[quote="aerysa]
That said... Oh my gosh, blesses! I can tell how upset this HQ made you! It took me a while to make heads or tails out of some of your comments Razz[/quote]
Yes it did. and it didn't help that I was pretty tired. Got home late from a family dinner and decided to finally read it before I went to bed.
Back to top Go down
blesses
Not So New
Not So New

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:12 pm

NEW CURRENT DISCUSSION!!!
NEW HQ RELEASE BY SMS!!!

Discussion of new topics will now begin

Check out the topics at the top.
Back to top Go down
blesses
Not So New
Not So New

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:50 pm

Passionate Fantasy/Chef to Dorobou
1. I don't know about you but I Loved it!
2. I thought it was a great story. The flow was pretty good, nothing strange. If I didn’t know that months had passed (as stated in the HQ) then I probably would have been put off by the fact it was kind of quick. The relationship and development between Darius and Kitty was natural. Most of it seemed right and in place, nothing too out of the ordinary. It really helps when there isn't the cliche of instant attraction from both characters at the beginning (though Darius does admit later that he was attracted but it wasn't clear at the beginning) =D
"3. Likes---I liked pretty much everything in this HQ manga. This may be a favorite =) But here are some highlights
Spoiler:

4. Dislikes---nothing in particular that was a major part of the story I guess. It was a really good story
Spoiler:

5. Confused---N/A
6. ETC
>Great HQ, pretty good art too. Though the eyelashes were a little over done I think. But overall, pretty great =D

Back to top Go down
Nathye

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:03 am

Passionate Fantasy/Chef to Dorobou

1. As for me... Well I have same opinion I just loved it

2. I don't really know why I just do. It was a nice plot without to much drama and had a good art ^^( nothing much to say when I like it I just do normally I don't know why Very Happy)

3. well my favorite part was undoubtedly the end ^^ when she didn't answer while he didn't say the words she wanted to hear ^^
I also liked how they treated the kid next door, and how Darius helped his mother and the cat - so sweet ^-^
I also though it was nice how she refrained herself from liking him (at least for some time -.-)

4. I need to admit I hated the way they didn't trust each other I understand that they had just met but the whole testing thing was a little insensitive. Darius even slept with Kitty just for the sake of doing it ?? (I din't understand if it was because he liked her or for some other reason ).
Well and the safe...she I didn't see she taking anything from it she just searching (probably ^^). I understand that she was struggling whether to whom she could trust but they both could (I don't know) talk about it ?!

5. Well I think I don't really understand Kitty relationship with her mother... I know her mother was good at everything and she was just average but what a huge inferiority complex.
btw what about her dad?!

6. I better read the book.. I don't know although I really love the history I feel like something is missing I just don't know what -.-'

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:35 pm

Passionate Fantasy
Spoiler:

@ Nathye: Good point. But when you're compared to a so called perfect woman, I suppose dad didn't stand a chance Wink

Italian Playboy's Secret Son
Spoiler:

Off Topic

I suppose I'm glad I didn't make it for the Man of Ice discussion... It was a unanimous dislike (same for me) and my review would not have made it any better.

Back to top Go down
Nathye

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:12 pm

silvery wrote:
Passionate Fantasy
@ Nathye: Good point. But when you're compared to a so called perfect woman, I suppose dad didn't stand a chance Wink

True ^-^ but if he was a good that he would try to help his child wouldn't he ? or maybe he couldn't be compared to the mother so it wasn't worth mentioning. I wonder if he is in the book.

Italian Playboy's Secret Son

Sorry I forgot there were 2 HQ to discuss. Later I will do my "review" about this one.

silvery wrote:
[ Off Topic

I suppose I'm glad I didn't make it for the Man of Ice discussion... It was a unanimous dislike (same for me) and my review would not have made it any better.

I was actually thinking the same thing... This is the HQ that I hate the most and I don't think I could say anything about it other than everyone else said. -.-'

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:22 am

Oops... Looks like I missed all the discussion. I'm here, but not here... Haven't felt into reading any manga so I just let it slide.

Though, we do have a new "in-progress" series being released, so we're not having a shortage of things to discuss.

I'll come check back later to see what's happening here ^^

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:31 pm

Seeing as I was the only one who managed to review The Italian's Secret Son, I say we just leave that there for a chance for everyone else to review it. I know we can review the Desert Lord's Baby, since it's been completed. There also appears to be another completed HQ, so we won't be running low on HQs to review...
Back to top Go down
blesses
Not So New
Not So New

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:37 pm

OHHHH my gosh....sorry forgot to update last night. I just moved into my dorm for college. Stressful physically and emotionally x.x got home sick yesterday T.T sigh...anyways. Yes, we can review Desert Lord's Baby starting today and continue Italian's Secret Son.

Back to top Go down
Celestine
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:42 am

Sorry I haven't replied anything. Been feeling sick, so I don't think I'll be joining in on this week topic either. Also my internet being a bit wacky anyway.
Back to top Go down
jadegreentiger

PostSubject: Where to find HQ author Manga   Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:16 am

Hello Everyone, I enjoy reading Harlequinn novels. Does anyone know how I can find out if any of the authors i like are on manga? My favorite authors are Julian Quinn and Lisa Kleypas.

I also enjoy historical romance if you know other authors of historical romance that have been made to manga, please let me know.

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:00 pm

jadegreentiger wrote:
Hello Everyone, I enjoy reading Harlequinn novels. Does anyone know how I can find out if any of the authors i like are on manga? My favorite authors are Julian Quinn and Lisa Kleypas.

I also enjoy historical romance if you know other authors of historical romance that have been made to manga, please let me know.

Thank you!

Hi there! Laughing actually you're in our book/HQ review topic but it's OK. There are a few historical romances that have been turned into manga too. There's:

An honourable thief by Anne Gracie, Emma and the Earl by Paula Marshall, The word of a Gentleman by Lyn Stone, Prisoner of the Tower by Gayle Wilson and Lord Calthorpe's Promise by Sylvia Andrew. These were translated by SMS.

I also know that There's something about Emmaline by Elizabeth Boyle and one of Lisa Kleypas' wallflower series Secrets of a Summer night have been translated by other groups. You can look them up here
Back to top Go down
Celestine
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Sat May 18, 2013 5:48 pm

I really miss doing the discussion thing for picking a book to read and discuss. Is anybody still continuing doing this?
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Mon May 20, 2013 11:43 am

I miss it too! I haven't seen blesses around for a while but I suppose we can still discuss without a moderator, provided we discuss following the same rules we use. Let's discuss the last title that blesses left there first. Will reread and post opinion here soon. Wink
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Tue May 21, 2013 4:28 pm

Yeah, she hasn't been around for a long while! We could still work around that fact somehow... Though it's kind of misleading since only she can change her posts. (I can only edit posts in certain sub-sections.)

Anyways, that's a good start! It keeps the activity on the forum up. I'll try to re-read that title and come back with my opinion.

Cool User
Cool User

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Sun May 26, 2013 8:40 am

Hey there!
I just kinda found this thread and thought of "throwing in some suggestions" bounce
Have you all like seen the new or rather latest updste by Transient Mirage? There are 2 HQ's, as far as I've seen, Toscana no Yuuutsu and Sore wa Kiss de Hajimatta.
I have to say for myself that I prefere the first one because the because the other one just striks me as well strange. The main character is just the type of rigl who wants to prove the guy that she's different and stubborn, strong and all but in my opinion it just comes over strange. Also the guy has some strange flaws. He's just the type to think that he's so much better.

Sorry for my bad english... No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   

Back to top Go down

General HQ thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 13 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shojo Manhwa Scans :: DISCUSSIONS :: Projects-
Jump to: