Shojo Manhwa Scans

Download Scanlations from SMScans Here
 
BlogHomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 General HQ thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
blesses
Not So New
Not So New


Posts : 136
Join date : 2012-03-18
Location : USA

PostSubject: General HQ thread   Mon May 07, 2012 8:19 am

First topic message reminder :

INTRODUCTION--May 6, 2012
Dear Members,

Spoiler:
 
READ READ READ READ READ!!
Seriously, READ IT. Especially 1,5, and 6

RULES OF DISCUSSION
These rules were put together by the current members of the discussion at that time: aerysa, Nathye, silvery, and blesses (me).
Last Edited:9th of June,2012
Spoiler:
 

MINI STATUS UPDATES:

OCTOBER 13, 2012
Hi guys,
I haven't been very available for discussion and it seems like no one else is too....I don't know where this is going but I'll be checking in every so often to see if people want to keep discussion. Maybe it's because summer is over so everyone's just going about their busy lives. I know I am but I'll still keep checking in.

Best,
Blesses


CURRENT SUGGESTED HQ DISCUSSION
Italian Playboy's Secret Son/Ososugita Saikai
START DATE: 17th of September, 2012 at 12:00AM/00:00 UTC+00:00
END: 30th of September 2012 at 11:59PM/23:59 UTC+00:00
SCANLATOR: SHOJO MANHWA SCANS
FORUM LINK: http://smscans.fanbb.net/t54-italian-playboy-s-secret-son

NEW RELEASE DISCUSSION
The Desert Lord's Baby
START DATE: 24th of September, 2012
END: 30th of September 2012 at 11:59PM UTC+00:00



Last edited by blesses on Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:13 pm; edited 87 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Nathye
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 296
Join date : 2012-03-18
Location : my home xD

PostSubject: Mistress Paid and Bought For/ Something from the heart/ A bed of sand   Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:21 am

Mistress Paid and Bought For

blesses wrote:
Speaking of parents, I'm happy that the mother didn't make a big deal out of not getting much of the inheritance when her husband died (guess that means she did love him). Even though she's a cougar....I thought she was pretty cool for admitting that she is one and that her daughter has nothing to do with what she does for her own enjoyment as a cougar. She wasn't as sly of a woman as another mother that I recall from another HQ, I think it's called Mistress Paid and Bought For?

Yes I think that's the name. Such a cruel mother that was ! she blamed her daughter for the dead of her husband and her son. It was an accident for God's sake how can a mother do that and on top of all that she even framed her on daughter with that money scandal... But I liked the whole plot and the box she had with photographs so sweet ^^

Something from the heart

silvery wrote:
Sweet. I liked the art style and story wise, while a bit cliched was nicely executed. The flow made sense but I'm still wondering how he ended up in bed without his clothes in the first place...

blesses wrote:
For me, the flow was okay I guess. But it was so cliche, I couldn't help constantly face-palming myself. Lol I wonder how he ended up in bed too. It seriously is a "what the heck happened" moment. Guess we'll never know for sure though (unless we read the actual HQ novel that is).

Well I would like to read the novel but I don't think I am up to it now... Although I am dying to understand how he ended up without the clothes ^^

A bed of sand

Haha I have read this a countless of times… It has such a surprising begging it's a lovable story Very Happy How can someone image that scene? It's genial… Having your imaginary fiancé (kind of) suddenly appearing in the weeding where he was not supposed to be… really nice… not just that during all the story it was really sweet although the story about the brother (Hassan I think) was a little sad but well it was needed… a little bit of drama in order to make the story more spice :p Also I think the view in the desert must be amazing I hope to see such a scenario in the future ^^

Well as for the ending… she was alone in the airport right? Having an airport just to herself well I understand that he is a prince so she herself is a princess but even though I know that it's really awesome to imagine Very Happy


_________________
No matter how DARK the night, somehow the SUN rises once again and all the shadows are chased away
Back to top Go down
aerysa
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 600
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:49 am

Oh whoa... Missed a lot of discussion! But to start with the most current one...

I guess I'm the only one who didn't like Something from the Heart? I really liked the art, but otherwise, the story was completely messed up to me... She first joined their family when she was 10 years old and he was 18 years old. During that time, they were very close and Leigh even cherished the moments she had with her stepdad and stepbrother because they showed her what "family" should be. By the time the whole incident of the misunderstanding came along, she would have been around 18? (Can't remember the timeline exactly; assumption) So WHAT THE HEECK?! ONE incident like that completely wipes out what you know of the poor girl who you have been watching grow up for the last 8 years?! Excuse me if I think that's completely ridiculous... Evil or Very Mad And so freakin' what if your stepmama came onto you? He probably never had a close relationship with her anyways, but then suddenly, your stepsis is "exactly the same" as her, just because... Seriously? Did all those growing up years mean absolutely nothing?! =__=;;

Then...
He refuses to listen to her point of view, because of the incident and sees her as "luring men" everywhere she goes. Why the HECK is he stalking her movements anyways?! Hmph... Like get a grip man. It's perfectly fine for you to lust after your little sister while snapping at her, calling her a slut. If you really thought she was a slut, I'm sure you would have done something despicable to her anyways. You already forced a kiss on her and since you're unable to control yourself, who's to say you wouldn't go further?

Gaah... Seriously, I could rant about why I hate the whole story for a long time. Morgan completely is a jerkwad and totally undeserving. He refuses to see reason at any point of the story until the end when he "thought" that other guy was coming to take Leigh away. She already married you and said she loved you! And was even a virgin! Which YOU took away...! Then he turns around and slaps the whole "slut slut slut" on her again...

There was only one part that I liked during the whole story and that was where Leigh's mother snaps back at Morgan about how she gets what she wants by herself, without needing to use her daughter. haha! That was pretty awesome. She knows she's terrible in some way, but at least she admits it and doesn't hide behind a facade. It takes a lot of confidence to admit something like that. Basically, it's like "I'm a fortune-hunting cougar? So?" XD

blesses wrote:
That's strange. If you have windows then that wouldn't happen with Windows Photo Viewer. Is it because you are using a Mac?
I do have Windows, but I use a program called IrfanView. Since the pages are numbered, it reads the file name from the first digit, regardless of the actual number. So when they number them as 1, 2, 3... 88, 89, etc. it ends up reading them in the order of 1, 10, 11, 12, etc. In order to get it to read them in the correct order, I have to rename them so that they're fully 3 digit numbers, ie. 001, 002, etc. But these newer ones, I don't have any issues with - just some of the older ones.

Jake/Marla -
I guess we don't really know what kind of amnesia it is unless there's more detail in the book, but it seems like we're all agreed that it was good, but still had "something" missing from it - mainly the whole amnesia and resolution section.

Jacques/Liza -
I don't think it's that surprising that he didn't know about her personal life either. It was never meant to be a lasting relationship where they fell in love with each other. From the get-go, Jacques already warned her that he was unable to offer those types of things and she also felt she did not want love due to her previous experience. Clearly love isn't something that you can turn on and off with a switch, but they both went into the relationship with that mentality. He was only to be a diverting bed partner as her rebound guy and she in turn served as a model for his work.
But as for the missing dialogue... Maybe I just need to read it more clearly? I don't know. It fit in with the story, but felt like something was missing before the lead up...

As for the other two - Mistress Paid and Bought For/A Bed of Sand...
Time to do some re-reading! There have been so many releases, I don't really remember them all. I just remember the ones I like Razz

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://mikarysa.livejournal.com/
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member
avatar

Posts : 466
Join date : 2012-03-20

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:46 pm

Something from the heart
aerysa brings up some very good points of discussion here. But if that's the case, I find Man of ice somewhat similar. Both are step-siblings where the guy is the one that goes around accusing his step-sister of being a slut/trying to seduce him. (at least man of ice was brave enough to admit he had loved her from a very long time ago) and the mothers of both stories appear to have married for money (except it's not quite true for Leigh's case)

A husband to belong to
aerysa wrote:
Jake/Marla -
I guess we don't really know what kind of amnesia it is unless there's more detail in the book, but it seems like we're all agreed that it was good, but still had "something" missing from it - mainly the whole amnesia and resolution section.

I agree. I guess this is why I didn't quite enjoyed the story as I would one where the story made more sense...

love child
I suppose when we've seen it form that point of view it makes sense. But if that's the case, Jacques can't blame Liza for just getting up and leaving him. It was after all supposed to be a no strings attached relationship. Bruised ego? (I have to reread to refresh my memory...)

Mistress bought and paid for
Yes, I agree, Lydia's mum was horrible. But then again, in romance stories, the "villains" mainly appear to be either the horrible mother/stepmother, the rich (usually sleazy) guy who's interested in the heroine or the gold digger (soon-to-be-ex) girlfriend... (did I miss anyone?)

Bed of sand
Seriously, who tipped him off? He shows up all decked up to say "I do"... priceless (especially since Rita has a crush on him). The flow of the story made sense and I liked that Rita was not cowed by Sakir and decided to interfere with his affairs... (men, do the really have to resolve everything with a fight? Wink)

P.S.
blesses wrote:

Your education system seems pretty complicated. Primary education and secondary is pretty much the same but your "senior high school" education is different (that's for sure).Then does that mean that you begin college before "adulthood" (in terms of USA=18 years old)?

Yes, We finish our compulsory education by age 17(drivers license can also be obtained by this age). We have one major (nationwide) exam in form five which will then determine where we can go after that. Those with good results (and money) can opt for foundation courses at a private university, saving them one year, as compared to lower and upper six (another major exam but cheaper) before going to University. It's complicated, but we have more available methods of getting a tertiary education.
Back to top Go down
aerysa
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 600
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:25 pm

silvery wrote:
Something from the heart
aerysa brings up some very good points of discussion here. But if that's the case, I find Man of ice somewhat similar. Both are step-siblings where the guy is the one that goes around accusing his step-sister of being a slut/trying to seduce him. (at least man of ice was brave enough to admit he had loved her from a very long time ago) and the mothers of both stories appear to have married for money (except it's not quite true for Leigh's case)
hahaha~ Another story I hated... For pretty much the same reasons. I don't even remember anything about the mothers. Just that the guy was a super ass towards the girl. Pretty much degraded her at every turn of the page and was "in love" with her. Sorry, but I don't equate picking on the poor woman and making her feel like trash to love. I can't even remember what his deal was. I just know I couldn't stand it and can't bring myself to re-read it.

I couldn't find the Mistress bought and paid for one? I must have read it online because I don't have the files. Speaking of which, this probably isn't the right place to ask, but does anyone have the original file for Cinderella no Kake aka The Cinderella Solution? I checked on both forums, but there's no download link! Evil or Very Mad I thought I had it on the computer, but I don't, which makes me really upset since that's still my favorite HQ so far.

Didn't read the Bed of Sand one, but I did re-read Domesticating Luc along with a bunch of other ones. What did you girls think of that one?

It was another one of my favorite ones so far. I think the story was well paced and Julie was such a strong heroine. She realized her attraction/love for Luc, but refused to give in when all he could offer was something casual, rather than a true relationship. haha, not to mention, Puppy was so darn cute to me, even though he's a giant Italian Mastiff... XD It was just cute how he played such an important role in bringing the two together.

Some favorite scenes include the part where Luc/Puppy go along with Julie to her night class and Luc freaks out about Sparky hitting on her. haha! The name is even hilarious! And his poodle was called Dynamite... Laughing
And the part where he dropped off Puppy to the new owners, ran away when he couldn't take it anymore... Only to realize that by "going home", there was "nothing to go home to".
And of course, the very end scene... When Julie's pregnant and they're on their way out, where Puppy rushes out to jump into the truck - something that was an ongoing struggle during the rest of the book.

I know there was that announcement of hitting 100 releases for HQ, but seriously! I didn't realize how many there actually were until I was looking through them again Shocked Can't even remember half of them...

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://mikarysa.livejournal.com/
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member
avatar

Posts : 466
Join date : 2012-03-20

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:50 pm

I can't understand why I liked something from the heart more... (since I didn't quite like Man of ice) could be the art gave it some brownie points then.

aerysa wrote:

Speaking of which, this probably isn't the right place to ask, but does anyone have the original file for Cinderella no Kake aka The Cinderella Solution? I checked on both forums, but there's no download link! Evil or Very Mad I thought I had it on the computer, but I don't, which makes me really upset since that's still my favorite HQ so far.

I'd love a copy of that file too. I loved that story as well.

Domesticating Luc
Yeah, I liked that story too. Especially since Julie finds Puppy to be more important than Luc. I also liked the way Luc bonds with Puppy by defying Julie. Absolutely cute Very Happy
Back to top Go down
blesses
Not So New
Not So New


Posts : 136
Join date : 2012-03-18
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:12 pm

Putting everything in spoiler tags so that the post won't take up so much space
Mistress Paid and Bought For
Spoiler:
 
A Bed of Sand
Spoiler:
 
Something from the Heart
Spoiler:
 
Love Child
Spoiler:
 
Man of ice
Spoiler:
 
Cinderella Solution
Spoiler:
 
Domesticating Luc
Spoiler:
 

PS OFFTOPIC

@silvery
Spoiler:
 
@aerysa
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Nathye
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 296
Join date : 2012-03-18
Location : my home xD

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:17 pm

Man of Ice
This was the most hateful HQ I ever read till now... I really don't like it... The story about the mother... He blaming her accusing her of controlling him... So I don't know how so many people have this as they favorite HQ. I'd like to understand why...

Domesticating Luc
well my favorite part was when they bought the cigar for Luc that was so awesome and also the Dynamite dog ^^

_________________
No matter how DARK the night, somehow the SUN rises once again and all the shadows are chased away
Back to top Go down
aerysa
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 600
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:46 am

We're discussing so many at the same time, it's hard to remember everything that was said! Shocked

Something from the Heart
The only saving grace is that I like that artist, but otherwise... Hated it! The art for Man of Ice was rather... Difficult to get used to. I didn't hate it. I've gotten better in terms of reading past the ugly art (lol!), but that story was just... I honestly don't remember much because I blotted it out from my mind.

Spoiler:
 

Love Child
Yes, I meant leading up to the point where she apologizes, not after. Just seemed like she apologized out of nowhere.

Bed of Sand
Finally got around to reading it. Agreed with blesses. He IS a CEO of a large company AND her boss. Not to mention, it seems like some sort of announcement about the wedding was made beforehand. Also, he was attracted to her as well, so it's not surprising that he would keep tabs on her - his personal secretary and all.
But yes, I liked Rita. She wasn't afraid to stand up for her love, even if he didn't return it. She did her part as best as she could - since she was supposed to be his wife and all. I think all the characters were well developed. Makes me wonder if there's a story for his brother XD haha, I love series~
I think the cute part is where the brother's like "You're not really married" And Sakir's pretty shocked while big brother just matter of factly states, "You two wouldn't stare at each other so desirously if you were" Razz

Domesticating Luc
haha yeah. She wasn't swayed by his good looks! And he thought she was talking about him when she was talking about him (Puppy) being Italian XD Overall, there were a lot of funny scenes - like the cigar thing! I forgot about that one. It was a cute read and I like cute Razz

Are my preferences starting to become clear? Lol, I just can't stand the overly dramatic UNNECESSARY drama. Cute/sweet is so much better.

Off-topic
Hm... Not sure. When I opened the file I downloaded, it wasn't named like the others. I didn't save all of them on the computer since some of them are up on online readers. *shrugs* It's no big deal.

Nathye wrote:
Man of Ice
This was the most hateful HQ I ever read till now... I really don't like it... The story about the mother... He blaming her accusing her of controlling him... So I don't know how so many people have this as they favorite HQ. I'd like to understand why...
Me too! I was like "Uh... Seriously? =__=;;" Maybe we're just too strong-willed women to enjoy it... Cool Laughing

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://mikarysa.livejournal.com/
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member
avatar

Posts : 466
Join date : 2012-03-20

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:20 pm

aerysa wrote:
We're discussing so many at the same time, it's hard to remember everything that was said! Shocked

I agree. But I guess since some of the stories have been picked to pieces, I'll give those a break.

Bed of sand
I'd love a story about his brother as well, but isn't he already married with a son? /sigh/ all the good men are taken Wink

Domesticating Luc
Well, she's a dog trainer so she would want to get to know the dog too/first. And since she knows he's a player, she's been telling herself to stay away from him. Cute and sweet indeed. I also like the other SMS release by the same artist Amber by night I just love secret identity stories for some reason.

off topic
Thanks for the links to the Cinderella Solution blesses. I still don't understand how I managed not to find the links... maybe I mixed them up with The Cinderella Inheritance

blesses wrote:
Oh I see. Well it sounds like a pretty efficient system too. If you finish compulsory edu by 17, then when do you start primary education?
We start at 6/7. I think that's the same as other countries too.
Back to top Go down
aerysa
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 600
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:33 pm

silvery wrote:
Bed of sand
I'd love a story about his brother as well, but isn't he already married with a son? /sigh/ all the good men are taken Wink
haha, it could always take place before this one! I mean, don't a lot of authors do that? "Recycle" characters because they're deserving of their own story? Smile

silvery wrote:
Domesticating Luc
Well, she's a dog trainer so she would want to get to know the dog too/first. And since she knows he's a player, she's been telling herself to stay away from him. Cute and sweet indeed. I also like the other SMS release by the same artist Amber by night I just love secret identity stories for some reason.
True that, especially since she was living at his place and he received all those phone calls from women. She actually didn't show much interest in him until a while later into the story.
I can't really remember what happened in Amber by Night. I'll have to re-read it.

Off-topic
silvery wrote:
We start at 6/7. I think that's the same as other countries too.
Oh whoa... Where are you? That seems pretty late! Here, most kids start school at 5, and I started even earlier when I was in school. I started when I was 4, going into kindergarten. After finishing the 13 years (K to 12), most people are 18 by the time they graduate high school.

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://mikarysa.livejournal.com/
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member
avatar

Posts : 466
Join date : 2012-03-20

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:31 pm

Bed of sand
aerysa wrote:

haha, it could always take place before this one! I mean, don't a lot of authors do that? "Recycle" characters because they're deserving of their own story? Smile

Very true. I hope this is one of the cases, I'd love to read his story


Off-topic
silvery wrote:
We start at 6/7. I think that's the same as other countries too.
aerysa wrote:
Oh whoa... Where are you? That seems pretty late! Here, most kids start school at 5, and I started even earlier when I was in school. I started when I was 4, going into kindergarten. After finishing the 13 years (K to 12), most people are 18 by the time they graduate high school.

Well, if you count Kindergarten, then yes, we start about 4/5. I should, since they're making kindergarten compulsory too.
Back to top Go down
blesses
Not So New
Not So New


Posts : 136
Join date : 2012-03-18
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:27 pm

aerysa wrote:
We're discussing so many at the same time, it's hard to remember everything that was said!
Haha, that’s why I write everything I say in a document as I read over people’s posts and decide how to respond. It makes it fun though. It allows me to genuinely respond to each person too. =) Also helps to headline what HQ we’re talking about and to remember the BB codes.

Something from the Heart
So true. Sometimes it is the art that pulls me along. There was this other HQ whose art really got to me. I couldn’t get over the very childish petite physique/appearance of the female lead.
Spoiler:
 

Love Child
Well if it’s the part leading up to the apology, I’m stumped there. For me, I think I thought it was because she somehow knew Jacques’s personal history, the curse and all that so it didn’t really occur to me that the dots didn’t really connect.

Bed of Sand
I still haven’t gotten around to reading this but to answer the Q that aerysa has about there being a story for the brother in Bed of Sand, yes there is. I think it’s the one where the girl is somehow tricked into marriage? Or the one where an Australian woman who is a designer with a terrible stepfamily marries a sheikh….I’m getting all my sheikh stories mixed up but I do know there is a story for the brother. I’ll check it out later and report back.

Man of Ice
If you are curious as to why it is a favorite, I suggest looking at the date of the posts as well. Man of Ice, wasn’t that among the top half of the 100 HQs that sms released? I’m not sure. But it’s definitely not one of my favorites as well. Much like the story of Something From the Heart. I had a difficult time reading it. It kind of helped that it was released in chapters though

Amber by Night
Oh…I remember that one. I thought it was kind of a funny manga.A straight uptight girl who looks way older than her real age b/c of old fashion clothes does a 180 into a beautiful temptress. The women who raised her, haha funny old women.

Off Topic
@silvery
Oh…I see. So it’s pretty much the same though isn’t it? Generally start at 4/5 in K and ending tertiary edu/high school edu at 17/18.

I think some places it’s passed 18 though. I read it once in a manga or manhwa or something where the students were passed 18 but now that I think about it, he might have been a repeat……..
Back to top Go down
Nathye
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 296
Join date : 2012-03-18
Location : my home xD

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:10 pm

aerysa wrote:
Off-topic
silvery wrote:
We start at 6/7. I think that's the same as other countries too.
Oh whoa... Where are you? That seems pretty late! Here, most kids start school at 5, and I started even earlier when I was in school. I started when I was 4, going into kindergarten. After finishing the 13 years (K to 12), most people are 18 by the time they graduate high school.

Well here we also start school at the age of 5/6... and finish 12 grade at the age of 17/18... it depends of when is the month of your birthday.

aerysa wrote:
We're discussing so many at the same time, it's hard to remember everything that was said! Shocked

That's why this time I didn't speak about any HQ... otherwise I would have got lost ^^

_________________
No matter how DARK the night, somehow the SUN rises once again and all the shadows are chased away
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member
avatar

Posts : 466
Join date : 2012-03-20

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:15 am

Nathye wrote:
aerysa wrote:
We're discussing so many at the same time, it's hard to remember everything that was said! Shocked

That's why this time I didn't speak about any HQ... otherwise I would have got lost ^^

Lol, maybe we should talk about one to two HQ, not including the current release (since we'll inevitably talk about it) at a time, agree to close the discussion before we bring in a new HQ. (kind of like a book club) We can even place the title of the next HQ that the poster wants to discuss so that everyone has a chance to reread to refresh their memory. Just a suggestion, of course.
Back to top Go down
aerysa
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 600
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:16 pm

blesses wrote:
Haha, that’s why I write everything I say in a document as I read over people’s posts and decide how to respond. It makes it fun though. It allows me to genuinely respond to each person too. =) Also helps to headline what HQ we’re talking about and to remember the BB codes.
Wow, so organized! I just open a bunch of tabs with the quotes and hope that I didn't miss anything that I wished to say Laughing

Something From the Heart
I guess it depends on the situation of what their feeling is to accept. But yeah, it's kind of that stereotype that guys aren't supposed to show any emotions, otherwise they're wimpy. But to me, it's vice versa. Takes a strong (read confident) man to be able to express his emotions, regardless of what it is.
I dunno about the kissing thing though... It could work, but really... That's like loving the physical attraction and not necessarily the person? Personally, I think there's way too much focus on the physical (sexual) side of things in terms of relationships. Where's the connection on the mental, emotional, spiritual side of things? They should all be compatible and not just "oh, he kissed me and made me feel something, so it's love".

As for Morgan, he was already IN the library. Leigh and the guy were the ones who came into the room. The guy was hitting on her/cornering her and opened the door. They were "flirting" by the doorway. When they went further into the room, the guy closed the door. After Leigh switched tactics, the guy rushed out of the room. THEN, Morgan stood up from the chair and made whatever ass-y comment he made, to which Leigh was all Shocked
So, the question now is WHY was Morgan sitting all alone in the dark of the library?!

But yeah, overall the whole thing was just so pointless to me. Them getting together and why they got together... Just didn't feel it being a true romance story.

Bed of Sand
Oh really?! That would be so cool! I know there is another "series" sheikh set of stories, but I didn't realize there was one for this one. I remember for that one, one girl went in place of her sister since her sister was in love with some other guy. They were twins? And then she fell in love with the guy, but eventually the sister came around to take her place since she couldn't let the other sacrifice herself. And then the sheikh was like "Who are you?! You're not the one!" At least... I'm pretty sure it was a sheikh story... Now I'm getting all confused too!

** But yes, I agree with silvery! We should just pick a few to dissect at a time. That way we can go more in depth with discussion if we feel like it, without having to follow 5 different trains of thoughts. So with that in mind, are there any particular stories anyone wants to continue discussing?? (I still need to catch up/refresh on some of the ones mentioned here.)

Off-topic
silvery wrote:
Well, if you count Kindergarten, then yes, we start about 4/5. I should, since they're making kindergarten compulsory too.
Ooh... Okay. Kindergarten is compulsory here, but pre-school isn't. And I think you can start anytime for that, depending on the choice the parents make.

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://mikarysa.livejournal.com/
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member
avatar

Posts : 466
Join date : 2012-03-20

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:39 pm

Something From the Heart

I think we can all agree that there are a lot of loose ends and that the characters were not as well developed as we'd like them to be. But over all, as a bit of light reading (fluff if you want to call it that) it was quite ok.


aerysa wrote:
Bed of Sand
Oh really?! That would be so cool! I know there is another "series" sheikh set of stories, but I didn't realize there was one for this one. I remember for that one, one girl went in place of her sister since her sister was in love with some other guy. They were twins? And then she fell in love with the guy, but eventually the sister came around to take her place since she couldn't let the other sacrifice herself. And then the sheikh was like "Who are you?! You're not the one!" At least... I'm pretty sure it was a sheikh story... Now I'm getting all confused too!

The one you're talking about are the Brothers of Bha'Khar by Theresa Southwick, The Sheikh's reluctant bride and The Sheikh's contract bride, which is the story aerysa's talking about. (I have a folder dedicated to the sheikhs that I like. I should have another for Italians, Rich tycoons and maybe Royalty for easy finding...)

Off Topic
aerysa wrote:
** But yes, I agree with silvery! We should just pick a few to dissect at a time. That way we can go more in depth with discussion if we feel like it, without having to follow 5 different trains of thoughts. So with that in mind, are there any particular stories anyone wants to continue discussing?? (I still need to catch up/refresh on some of the ones mentioned here).

Well, we'd need a person to moderate this (I suggest blesses who created this topic) or should we all take turns? The current moderator can suggest the next moderator along with the next HQ title
Back to top Go down
rubenz
Not So New
Not So New


Posts : 55
Join date : 2012-03-19

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:10 pm

blesses wrote:
Quote :
First of all, I'd like to express why I created this thread.There wasn't a place to talk about HQs in general (old, new, good, bad, etc) The HQ proj download threads are filled with thank you posts which therefore makes the place impossible to discuss and express one's opinions about HQs. The favorite HQ thread only applies to "favorite HQ" which is difficult to discuss in because I don't have a favorite, with new ones come out every week. I'm used to discussing mangas and I would have liked to have a thread for each HQ to make discussion more convenient but I guess this will do....

Feel free to post your opinions/comments on any of the HQ (new or old) whether it be bad or good, restrain yourselves from ill-mannered language

Valerie.
I really like this just released HQ b/c it's kind of different from the rest. in other HQs, the intensity of the story isn't really portrayed well and seems kind of fake but this one does it pretty well in my opinion. I like the push pull thing that they got here too between Colby and Valerie. I thought it was going to get a little cliche with the mentioning of Rhodey, the guy Valerie considered. I thought he was going to come into the story but he never did! It's a pretty good HQ. Even though the main topic is, as usual, romance; i thought the story did pretty well incorporating the sisterhood in just a few short pages too. The father has some pretty good sense of humor too.
I love Valeria too, the main heroine is pretty strong and a career woman, so it is kinda different from other's story.

About Rhodey, I think he has his own story, he ends up with Valeria's sister, the one who is a nurse. I forgot the name though, but I just read his story I totally love him xD
Back to top Go down
http://goukanatokoro.wordpress.com/
Nathye
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 296
Join date : 2012-03-18
Location : my home xD

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:43 am

silvery wrote:
Nathye wrote:
aerysa wrote:
We're discussing so many at the same time, it's hard to remember everything that was said! Shocked

That's why this time I didn't speak about any HQ... otherwise I would have got lost ^^

Lol, maybe we should talk about one to two HQ, not including the current release (since we'll inevitably talk about it) at a time, agree to close the discussion before we bring in a new HQ. (kind of like a book club) We can even place the title of the next HQ that the poster wants to discuss so that everyone has a chance to reread to refresh their memory. Just a suggestion, of course.

I think that would be even more difficult 'cause sometimes we connect story-lines when they are similar like the bad mother issue... Rolling Eyes


silvery wrote:

Off Topic
aerysa wrote:
** But yes, I agree with silvery! We should just pick a few to dissect at a time. That way we can go more in depth with discussion if we feel like it, without having to follow 5 different trains of thoughts. So with that in mind, are there any particular stories anyone wants to continue discussing?? (I still need to catch up/refresh on some of the ones mentioned here).

Well, we'd need a person to moderate this (I suggest blesses who created this topic) or should we all take turns? The current moderator can suggest the next moderator along with the next HQ title

How about we start with the first HQ that they released? or by alphabet order? scratch scratch

aerysa wrote:
Something From the Heart
As for Morgan, he was already IN the library. Leigh and the guy were the ones who came into the room. The guy was hitting on her/cornering her and opened the door. They were "flirting" by the doorway. When they went further into the room, the guy closed the door. After Leigh switched tactics, the guy rushed out of the room. THEN, Morgan stood up from the chair and made whatever ass-y comment he made, to which Leigh was all Shocked
So, the question now is WHY was Morgan sitting all alone in the dark of the library?!

But yeah, overall the whole thing was just so pointless to me. Them getting together and why they got together... Just didn't feel it being a true romance story.

Yup I asked myself the same question why was he sitting there in the dark alone and why didn't he do nothing? didn't he see the rest just she changing tactics? scratch scratch
Why didn't he believe in her? Evil or Very Mad I mean she said she loved him so many times and he started to believe but then a second later everything she said were lies to him Mad Mad


aerysa wrote:
Bed of Sand
Oh really?! That would be so cool! I know there is another "series" sheikh set of stories, but I didn't realize there was one for this one. I remember for that one, one girl went in place of her sister since her sister was in love with some other guy. They were twins? And then she fell in love with the guy, but eventually the sister came around to take her place since she couldn't let the other sacrifice herself. And then the sheikh was like "Who are you?! You're not the one!" At least... I'm pretty sure it was a sheikh story... Now I'm getting all confused too!

The name is The Sheikh's Contract Bride but I think it's better not start discussing this before we make or minds about what to discuss first... Wink Wink

_________________
No matter how DARK the night, somehow the SUN rises once again and all the shadows are chased away


Last edited by Nathye on Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
blesses
Not So New
Not So New


Posts : 136
Join date : 2012-03-18
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:31 am

Ok so I think we’re done talking about Something From the Heart but I like a lot of the points you make aerysa.

aerysa wrote:
But yeah, it's kind of that stereotype that guys aren't supposed to show any emotions, otherwise they're wimpy. But to me, it's vice versa.Takes a strong (read confident) man to be able to express his emotions, regardless of what it is.
I totally get that! Seriously characters like that, men in tune with their emotions or are “sensitive” to a certain degree is what shows me how strong they are. Denial of emotions is lame.
aerysa wrote:
Personally, I think there's way too much focus on the physical (sexual) side of things in terms of relationships. Where's the connection on the mental, emotional, spiritual side of things?
I understand where that’s coming from too. A lot of modern day media and mangas focus a lot on physical attraction. Yes, humans are pretty superficial, going for the looks but those special moments where the spiritual and emotional love just goes above the physical attraction and sex, it’s one thing that amazes me about humans =) The loyalty to those who are our true family and friends despite what logic tells us, we humans are amazing =D
silvery wrote:
The one you're talking about are the Brothers of Bha'Khar by Theresa Southwick, The Sheikh's reluctant bride and The Sheikh's contract bride, which is the story aerysa's talking about. (I have a folder dedicated to the sheikhs that I like. I should have another for Italians, Rich tycoons and maybe Royalty for easy finding...)
Oh…yeah. I remember now that you have provided the titles silvery, thanks. I did get my Sheikh stories mixed up. @.@ So many of them.
Ah…that’s good organization. I like to randomize rereading HQs so I keep them all in one folder (That’s how I chose the three old HQs that we were discussing before the new release)
silvery wrote:
Well, we'd need a person to moderate this (I suggest blesses who created this topic) or should we all take turns? The current moderator can suggest the next moderator along with the next HQ title
Well if I moderate, the I’m just going to choose a random one HQ, “nerdily” with stuff I learned in school =p[I used a random integer generator on my calculator]…..The one I came up with is The Sultan’s Heir. I would read it right now but don’t have time. You guys can get started on the conversation or if you guys figure out some other way to choose one.

rubenz wrote:
About Rhodey, I think he has his own story, he ends up with Valeria's sister, the one who is a nurse. I forgot the name though, but I just read his story I totally love him xD
Nice to see a new “face” here. Welcome rubenz =D
Rhodey has his own story?! I too would love to see his. Valerie’s story was a well received HQ so I hope Rhodey’s would be as good!
Back to top Go down
Nathye
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 296
Join date : 2012-03-18
Location : my home xD

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:23 am

blesses wrote:


silvery wrote:
Well, we'd need a person to moderate this (I suggest blesses who created this topic) or should we all take turns? The current moderator can suggest the next moderator along with the next HQ title
Well if I moderate, the I’m just going to choose a random one HQ, “nerdily” with stuff I learned in school =p[I used a random integer generator on my calculator]…..The one I came up with is The Sultan’s Heir. I would read it right now but don’t have time. You guys can get started on the conversation or if you guys figure out some other way to choose one.

The Sultan’s Heir
Hum I will have to look in the disc ^^ I don't really remember much but that was a join project right? with 5 chapters if I am not wrong?
Just from memory: the female character had a son and then a man from her late husband (I think) shows up and says something about the child being in danger in the end they feel in love and get together? hehe I really need to read it again xD


rubenz wrote:
About Rhodey, I think he has his own story, he ends up with Valeria's sister, the one who is a nurse. I forgot the name though, but I just read his story I totally love him xD

Do you know if it's just a novel or if it was made into HQ comic?

_________________
No matter how DARK the night, somehow the SUN rises once again and all the shadows are chased away
Back to top Go down
aerysa
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 600
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:36 am

Welcome to the discussion rubenz!! Very Happy

Nathye wrote:

I think that would be even more difficult 'cause sometimes we connect story-lines when they are similar like the bad mother issue... Rolling Eyes
That's true, but that's why we need a moderator so that we're all kept on track. And if we feel that there's something worth discussing still, then that other story could be suggested as the next topic of discussion.

Something From the Heart
Nathye wrote:
Yup I asked myself the same question why was he sitting there in the dark alone and why didn't he do nothing? didn't he see the rest just she changing tactics? scratch scratch
Why didn't he believe in her? Evil or Very Mad I mean she said she loved him so many times and he started to believe but then a second later everything she said were lies to him Mad Mad
So I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. Just all the little inconsistencies and everything... He had such a wishy-washy personality, not to mention how mean he was. I wouldn't even want to call him a "hero" or her a "heroine", considering that's usually the terminology we use for the main characters of a romance novel. They're both undeserving!

blesses wrote:
Ok so I think we’re done talking about Something From the Heart but I like a lot of the points you make aerysa.
Okay! I'm done now! And that's a nice way of saying that I'm opinionated Cool Razz

blesses wrote:
I totally get that! Seriously characters like that, men in tune with their emotions or are “sensitive” to a certain degree is what shows me how strong they are. Denial of emotions is lame.
I know... It's totally sexy! XD That a man can be so in tune and comfortable with himself like that. And yet, a lot of characters are not like that. I guess they have to have SOME sort of character flaw, though really... I hate that one the most.

blesses wrote:
I understand where that’s coming from too. A lot of modern day media and mangas focus a lot on physical attraction. Yes, humans are pretty superficial, going for the looks but those special moments where the spiritual and emotional love just goes above the physical attraction and sex, it’s one thing that amazes me about humans =) The loyalty to those who are our true family and friends despite what logic tells us, we humans are amazing =D
Yeah! Humans are the only animals that have the ability to rationalize and what not, so we bond with others on so many levels. And yet, the focus of modern day media/manga is to focus on the animalistic, physical side of things. It's like downgrading ourselves as an entire species.

silvery wrote:
The one you're talking about are the Brothers of Bha'Khar by Theresa Southwick, The Sheikh's reluctant bride and The Sheikh's contract bride, which is the story aerysa's talking about. (I have a folder dedicated to the sheikhs that I like. I should have another for Italians, Rich tycoons and maybe Royalty for easy finding...)
Oh whoa...! That's amazing! I just have everything in one folder called "Manga" and it has all sorts of stuff in it... The only reason I would recognize a sheikh story is because it says "Sheikh" in the title somewhere or it hints at it (like that Desert Warrior one - desert, desert country, sheikh...)

blesses wrote:
Well if I moderate, the I’m just going to choose a random one HQ, “nerdily” with stuff I learned in school =p[I used a random integer generator on my calculator]…..The one I came up with is The Sultan’s Heir. I would read it right now but don’t have time. You guys can get started on the conversation or if you guys figure out some other way to choose one.
Okay! I shall have to get on with my reading then. I vaguely remember bits and pieces, but nothing in particular.

rubenz wrote:
About Rhodey, I think he has his own story, he ends up with Valeria's sister, the one who is a nurse. I forgot the name though, but I just read his story I totally love him xD
I know it's in books since someone shared it in the other thread (sorry, I can't remember who!) Since that's the case, that wouldn't be too surprising for it to be a comic. I'll have to poke around and see if I can find more information! Smile

Found it!!
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=52616
http://k-harlequin.blogspot.ca/search/label/Debbie%20Macomber

Anyone want to request it if it's it not already requested?

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://mikarysa.livejournal.com/
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member
avatar

Posts : 466
Join date : 2012-03-20

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:21 pm

So many... can't keep up.

But we're done with Something from the heart, right? Smile

aerysa wrote:
Okay! I'm done now! And that's a nice way of saying that I'm opinionated Cool Razz

Everyone should have an opinion. And since you don't offend anyone with your opinions (I dislike pushy people) there is no harm Wink

Orchard Valley Brides

aerysa wrote:

rubenz wrote:

About Rhodey, I think he has his own story, he ends up with Valeria's sister, the one who is a nurse. I forgot the name though, but I just read his story I totally love him xD

I know it's in books since someone shared it in the other thread (sorry, I can't remember who!) Since that's the case, that wouldn't be too surprising for it to be a comic. I'll have to poke around and see if I can find more information! Smile

Found it!!
Anyone want to request it if it's it not already requested?

yeah, they were shared, but I haven't gotten round to reading them yet (overlarge text) I'd love it if some one requested for it.

aerysa wrote:
Oh whoa...! That's amazing! I just have everything in one folder called "Manga" and it has all sorts of stuff in it... The only reason I would recognize a sheikh story is because it says "Sheikh" in the title somewhere or it hints at it (like that Desert Warrior one - desert, desert country, sheikh...)

blesses wrote:
Ah…that’s good organization. I like to randomize rereading HQs so I keep them all in one folder (That’s how I chose the three old HQs that we were discussing before the new release)

I did that too, but then there are some HQs that I'd like to reread and then I can't find it because I can't remember the title. (It's no fun opening all the folders because of that) At least I can narrow the field down.

The Sultan's Heir? I'll have to refresh my memory first then Smile

Off topic
About our discussions, I also suggest a time limit (say a week?) for everyone to give their opinions (It might be a problem for newcomers who want to give their opinions after that though...) what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
blesses
Not So New
Not So New


Posts : 136
Join date : 2012-03-18
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:35 pm

Orchard Valley Brides
Ok I think someone should request it. I don't know if it has already been though.Whoever requests it should find the raws though It helps SMS a lot if we just give them the link to it instead of them having to find it on their own.

OFF TOPIC: TO EVERYONE
Sure 1 week discussion is ok i guess. I thought about that too but I wasn't sure you guys were up to it so I thought it would be a good idea to just keep it going until we're done dissecting it. We should agree on this first though. Anyone else have ideas on how we should organize our discussion?

BEFORE WE START THE DISCUSSION ON SULTAN'S HEIR, we should talk about how we're going to organize this. (which is why I put a strike line through the current HQ discussion in the first post)

Ideas so far (not final)--
1 week discussion (debatable)
2 HQ discussions at a time (debatable)


Back to top Go down
aerysa
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 600
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:54 pm

blesses wrote:
Orchard Valley Brides
Ok I think someone should request it. I don't know if it has already been though.Whoever requests it should find the raws though It helps SMS a lot if we just give them the link to it instead of them having to find it on their own.
Done! One of the links I shared was for the raws and the other was synopsis from mangaupdates ^^

silvery wrote:
But we're done with Something from the heart, right? Smile
Yes! Finally! Lol, I have way more to say when I hate it rather than when I like it... We pretty much talked about it forwards, backwards and inside out Shocked

silvery wrote:
Everyone should have an opinion. And since you don't offend anyone with your opinions (I dislike pushy people) there is no harm Wink
Ah, well it's a book so everyone's bound to have different opinions or even varying degrees of opinions even if they agree.

blesses wrote:
OFF TOPIC: TO EVERYONE
Sure 1 week discussion is ok i guess. I thought about that too but I wasn't sure you guys were up to it so I thought it would be a good idea to just keep it going until we're done dissecting it. We should agree on this first though. Anyone else have ideas on how we should organize our discussion?
I think it will depend on which story is being discussed, but I think it should be a week maximum unless new people join in? They should be given a fair chance to state their opinions as well. As for organizing the discussion... I think it's fine the way we've been doing it so far. Everyone read the story beforehand to refresh their memory. Then what comments come up from there... It's fine.

Or maybe have a set format to how you answer? (Gah, seems too formal...)
But potentially things to consider when answering...

1) Overall, did you love/hate/like/neutral the story? Comment on your overall opinion.
2) If you loved it, why? If you hated it, why? Explain a little more about your answer to #1.
3) Special moments that you liked?
4) Moments you didn't like?
5) Things that you felt were confusing?

Are there any other basic "questions" you would consider important?

So basically, let everyone do their "review" of the story. That way, we get an overall picture of where everyone stands in terms of the story. And then, we can address each other's #3 to 5.

blesses wrote:
BEFORE WE START THE DISCUSSION ON SULTAN'S HEIR, we should talk about how we're going to organize this. (which is why I put a strike line through the current HQ discussion in the first post)

Ideas so far (not final)--
1 week discussion (debatable)
2 HQ discussions at a time (debatable)
I think we should discuss 2 HQ at a time MAX. What if we pick one "old release" and the "new release" to discuss at a time. And if one isn't exciting enough to discuss for a week, then we just drop down to 1 HQ to discuss. And if there isn't a new release, then we still have something to discuss.

For example this Sunday we start.
- 2 HQ up for discussion: new release + The Sultan's Heir.
- Each person will post their review of the two stories
- Then we can tackle any issues that arise from other people's comments (if anyone was confused about a certain event or wanted opinions on it)

Since blesses picked the new topic, then someone else can pick the next topic and have a rotation. Say blesses picked, then silvery, Nathye and then me. (or whatever order, doesn't really matter). And then cycle back to the other person. And if someone new decides to stick around and join, then we can give them the chance to pick the topic of discussion for the following week.

Oh, and also if you could put the link to the topic that is picked when it's your turn! Either the thread for download here or if you know the link to an online reader. Add a little responsibility and make it easier for everyone else Wink

AND whoever picks the topic will take the role of "moderator". So if you feel that the discussion is straying away from the 2 stories picked, then (gently!) guide us back onto the right track.

How does that sound?

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://mikarysa.livejournal.com/
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member
avatar

Posts : 466
Join date : 2012-03-20

PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:23 pm

(too long to quote aerysa. Just read her post Wink )

I think it's a very good idea. With just five reasons, the readers can dissect the story to their liking. And if they feel neutral to the story, they can just say so. And like was mentioned, 2 HQs max so that we don't confuse ourselves with the titles and storylines.

I also agree to the rotation system, since then everyone can feel involved. I only hope that since the person who chooses the story is also suggested to be the moderator doesn't feel for the story too much, she might not want to lead us back Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: General HQ thread   

Back to top Go down
 
General HQ thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next
 Similar topics
-
» PokéShipping (Ash x Misty) General Discussion Thread
» Oh! My Goddess! aka Ā Megami-sama general discussion thread
» NR2003 General Discussion Thread
» General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6
» The Stacy Keibler general thread - part four

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shojo Manhwa Scans :: DISCUSSIONS :: Projects-
Jump to: