Shojo Manhwa Scans

Download Scanlations from SMScans Here

BlogHomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Does a Hqn like this exist...?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Does a Hqn like this exist...?   Tue May 08, 2012 4:03 am

Are there any Harlequin novels in existence where both the guy and the gal are virgins until they get married? Just wondering... Wink
Back to top Go down
Duchess
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Does a Hqn like this exist...?   Tue May 08, 2012 6:45 am

Not that i've come across, the only virgins are the female leads, They guys are always and i mean always experienced in every novel i've read so far Embarassed

Check-out Colorful Shoe Prints

Bespoke Cakes for your Memorable Occasions
Back to top Go down
Nathye

PostSubject: Re: Does a Hqn like this exist...?   Tue May 08, 2012 9:55 am

me 2 all the books I have come across so far that there was virgin's it was always the female character ^^
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Does a Hqn like this exist...?   Tue May 08, 2012 12:03 pm

There was one that I read of, but it wasn't a HQ. It's called The Naked Duke by Sally McKenzie. Someone (Can't remember who off hand) shared the book on the old forum if you're interested.
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Does a Hqn like this exist...?   Tue May 08, 2012 3:07 pm

silvery wrote:
There was one that I read of, but it wasn't a HQ. It's called The Naked Duke by Sally McKenzie. Someone (Can't remember who off hand) shared the book on the old forum if you're interested.
haha~ That would have been me, but yeah, it's not a HQ. I think most HQ either are pretty steamy or they just skirt around the issue in general. I can't think of any HQs like that, but then again, I don't read a lot of HQs to begin with.

Though, that premise alone would make a pretty interesting story, somehow. Lol~

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Does a Hqn like this exist...?   Tue May 08, 2012 3:18 pm

aerysa wrote:
silvery wrote:
haha~ That would have been me, but yeah, it's not a HQ. I think most HQ either are pretty steamy or they just skirt around the issue in general. I can't think of any HQs like that, but then again, I don't read a lot of HQs to begin with.

Though, that premise alone would make a pretty interesting story, somehow. Lol~

Ooops, sorry Wink . But that story itself was nice (reviewed in the old forum) but yeah, you'd only find a premise like that in a Shujo manga... Maybe it's cause HQs are more for adults.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does a Hqn like this exist...?   Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:16 am

do we have any HQ regency where the leads are step siblings? just curious..
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Does a Hqn like this exist...?   Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:55 am

sherlover wrote:
I highly doubt it. The whole nature of step-siblings is that parents re-marry. Back in that time era, it's very rare for anyone to divorce and even an annulment of a marriage is almost taboo. It just isn't done. The main reason why someone would re-marry is because their spouse already passed away and has become a widow/widower.

PostSubject: Re: Does a Hqn like this exist...?   Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:58 am

aerysa wrote:
sherlover wrote:
I highly doubt it. The whole nature of step-siblings is that parents re-marry. Back in that time era, it's very rare for anyone to divorce and even an annulment of a marriage is almost taboo. It just isn't done. The main reason why someone would re-marry is because their spouse already passed away and has become a widow/widower.

Yup it's like that... it's easy to find leads step siblings nowadays, if the HQ is not from regency.

PostSubject: Re: Does a Hqn like this exist...?   Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:05 am

The only one I can think is not really an HQ but it like an HQ. it is the manga Hana Yori Dango. Both the main characters ( male and female) are STILL virgins......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does a Hqn like this exist...?   Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:25 am

techgal101 wrote:
Are there any Harlequin novels in existence where both the guy and the gal are virgins until they get married? Just wondering... Wink

I know of 2 books but neither are Harlequins.

The first is called Untouched by Annna Campbell. The 25 year old virgin hero is thrown together with a woman who was once married to a man who didn't care to give her pleasure. I am reading it now.

Here is the synopsis:

Beautiful Grace Paget has no reason not to believe these words. After all, she was kidnapped, spirited away to a remote country manor, and told she is to grant this man his every desire . . . or lose her life. But Grace is no common trollop. So she risks everything to save her virtue by planning a daring escape, even though she finds herself tempted by this handsome man. There is something in his eyes that makes her wonder if he is as dangerous as he would have her believe.

Sheene knew nothing of the plan to bring him this woman. Locked up as a prisoner, called "mad" by all of the world, he will do anything to reclaim his life, and Grace's sensuous beauty has distracted him from his goals. And although he finds her irresistible, he is horrified to hold her against her will. Now, together, they must both revolt against the strange set of circumstances that have forced them together—for only then will Grace truly surrender to him . . . forever.

The other is entitled "Gentle Conquest" by Mary Balogh. In this both are virgins.

It should have been the perfect marriage for beautiful Georgiana Burton. The husband her parents had picked for her, Lord Ralph Chartleigh, was wealthy, handsome, noble, and kind. Unfortunately, he did not measure up to Georgiana's firm notions of what a man should be. He was uninterested in society, impervious to fashions, had the worst of tailors, knew little of women -- and was wary of the little he knew. Clearly Georgiana had to teach him a great deal about life and even more about love...forgetting until it was almost too late how much she had to learn herself....

Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Does a Hqn like this exist...?   Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:33 am

MoonGoddess wrote:
The first is called Untouched by Annna Campbell. The 25 year old virgin hero is thrown together with a woman who was once married to a man who didn't care to give her pleasure. I am reading it now.

The other is entitled "Gentle Conquest" by Mary Balogh. In this both are virgins.
Oooh, those sound interesting! If it's Mary Balogh, I probably already have it Laughing If you get a chance after you finish, you should give us an overview/review of the other one~

PostSubject: Re: Does a Hqn like this exist...?   Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:35 am

aerysa wrote:
MoonGoddess wrote:

Oooh, those sound interesting! If it's Mary Balogh, I probably already have it Laughing If you get a chance after you finish, you should give us an overview/review of the other one~

I am going to go ahead and share Untouched in the Harlequin Sharing thread. I won't be able to finish it in good time since I am busy doing a literary review for my grad program, but I know someone is going to read it and tell us how it was. So far it's been going good and it looks like things will get steamy soon! Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does a Hqn like this exist...?   Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:23 am

Nathye wrote:
aerysa wrote:
sherlover wrote:

Yup it's like that... it's easy to find leads step siblings nowadays, if the HQ is not from regency.
hmmm i understand...yup its easy to find it in contemporary but not interested to read thoses on the other hand moon thnx for the suggestions
Back to top Go down
romance20
Not So New
Not So New

PostSubject: Re: Does a Hqn like this exist...?   Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:53 pm

i read one romance that was not a harlequin with the man being a 30 year old virgin. but i can't remember the name of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does a Hqn like this exist...?   

Back to top Go down

Does a Hqn like this exist...?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1