Shojo Manhwa Scans

Download Scanlations from SMScans Here

BlogHomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Do you want to create your own novel or Manga?
Defenitively want to write a (romance) novel!! <3
17%
 17% [ 6 ]
Absolutely want to create a (romance) Manga!! ^.^
6%
 6% [ 2 ]
Actually finished a project!!! Yay!!
3%
 3% [ 1 ]
Work in progress!! >.<
31%
 31% [ 11 ]
Considered doing one...
31%
 31% [ 11 ]
Never! - enjoy reading them so much more~~
11%
 11% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 35

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Thu May 31, 2012 5:59 am

I've always been playing with the idea of writing my own story. Be it that I'm not quite satisfied with a character or the outcome of a story or that I've just read about anything I could find of the genre I like and want something new. Sometimes it's just that I love the story so much and don't want it to end...

Have you ever considered doing it? - And actually went forth with your idea?

I found that upon trying there seem to be a number of things that get into the way!!

There's of course the general lack of time everyone seems to have a hard time dealing with, as well as other inconvienent pleasantries like the newest release of SMS that you'd rather be reading than working on a project...
and in my case the endurence to get past 7 000 words... T.T

How about you? Similar thoughts? cat
Is there someone in the SMS community that actually managed to get published?
Back to top Go down
Nathye

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Thu May 31, 2012 10:19 pm

In my case I thought about similar things... I wan't the same character but a different story... a different ending... the continuation of the story ^^
And because of that I did start to write but nothing serious, since I am not good with writing (no matter what ^^) I came up with a short story it's still not complete but someday I hope to finish it Razz

As I recall in the old forum there was a topic about this and I think they did write a story ^^ I think (not sure) they were posting the chapters in a blog or smth... pirat
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:55 am

Actually finished a project!!! Yay!! (x7)
haha, as in I finished 7 stories of varying uh, quality. I actually shared some of them on the old forum ^^ And this is original stories, not including all the fanfiction I've written. Most of those are one-shots, though there are some longer ones.

So yeah, I'm a (hobby) writer... If that wasn't obvious by now Laughing Nothing formally published, but that's not my goal since I just write for fun~

Nathye wrote:
As I recall in the old forum there was a topic about this and I think they did write a story ^^ I think (not sure) they were posting the chapters in a blog or smth... pirat
Yup!! Except our writer (maru) is quite busy with school and exams, so we haven't got any more work done it.

This is the link to what we started so far.
http://newharlequin.blogspot.ca/

You'd have to re-find the thread on the old forum to see all the ideas we were tossing around.

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:22 pm

Hmm... I have romance novels bouncing in my head (when you read a lot of novels you get a lot of ideas) but haven't actually sat down to writing them. Adventure/fantasy, 1 story that has been written and rewritten and I still have no idea when I'll finish that. And when I was younger, I did draw another adventure/fantasy manga (I haven't drawn in ages so most likely I'll turn the whole manga into a written story, since I love my characters too much) This is why I actually envy aerysa for managing to finish 7 of her stories.
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:19 am

silvery wrote:
This is why I actually envy aerysa for managing to finish 7 of her stories.
Takes a LOT of time and dedication... I will say that much! =__=;; There's 7 that are finished, but way more that are started and left at various points in terms of the storyline. haha, got distracted by writing fanfiction which I started really getting into 3 years ago. Haven't been working on any original stories since, even though I still get story ideas... One of these days, I hope to finish some of the work I started. In the meantime, must exhaust my fanfiction tendencies Razz

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:01 pm

well, at least you're writing. I bounce between fits of writing that can last for maybe a couple of months before I hit a writers block that can last for years... by that time, my style has changed, and I don't feel satisfied with what I previously wrote. but yes, It takes time and dedication...
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:11 pm

OH, I get that too. Definitely. Sometimes it takes forever to come out of a rut! But yeah, that's why I said my finished stories are of varying "quality". Some of them I wrote a long, long time ago and was when I was first starting the hobby. But over the years, I've improved a lot so when I go back and read the old ones... It's one of those things where you wish you could burn it, but wouldn't just because you know how much blood, sweat and tears went into creating it... Even if it sucks now Laughing There's maybe 1 story like that? Though another is pretty close just because I hate the storyline now... XD

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:32 pm

Yes, because your initial memory of the story has been layered with experience, better ideas and so on. Everytime I want to start/continue my stories I have a problem because I have more or less forgotten how the story's supposed to go... (the weakness of not writing things down)
Back to top Go down
Nathye

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:25 pm

@aerysa do you have a blog or something where you post your stories I would like to read them if possible...

Yes it takes time, dedication and imagination I may have all of these qualities but I am supper bad at writing so even though I started to write a HQ (continuation of my fav HQ) I didn't finish ^^

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:15 am

Nathye wrote:
@aerysa do you have a blog or something where you post your stories I would like to read them if possible...
ATM I don't... I used to have a little website for it, but the hosting site went down a long while back. It's been on my list of "to-do", but never got around to it since no one really visits it anyways Razz But since you're interested, I'll try to put something together and link it here once I finish.

Nathye wrote:
Yes it takes time, dedication and imagination I may have all of these qualities but I am supper bad at writing so even though I started to write a HQ (continuation of my fav HQ) I didn't finish ^^
Writing really is one of those things that only gets better with practice. The good thing is that you already read a lot since that really helps. You get more ideas in terms of style and you can start by trying to imitate your favorite writers.

silvery wrote:
Yes, because your initial memory of the story has been layered with experience, better ideas and so on. Everytime I want to start/continue my stories I have a problem because I have more or less forgotten how the story's supposed to go... (the weakness of not writing things down)
Oh, I don't usually have that problem. I have pretty good memory. I can still remember ideas I haven't started at all... Lol. But then again, some of them are influenced by dreams (in some parts) and I tend to remember those since I like writing those down. But I also keep notes about story ideas pertaining to the particular story. I also try to write down what I call character profiles - name, age, height, gender, coloring, personality, etc. And if necessary, kind of a character tree of how they're related. haha, yeah... I'm quite thorough for the most part.
The thing for me is that I haven't worked on them on in a while and I think (maybe?) my writing style has changed. I'm not really sure. I can't remember which ones come first anyways. In terms of timeline of completion. *shrugs*
Fanfiction I can tell since I post that on Fanfiction.net and it keeps the "publication" date. But otherwise, I don't really know for my original stories.

BTW, inconsistencies is a word Razz

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:36 am

aerysa wrote:

Oh, I don't usually have that problem. I have pretty good memory. I can still remember ideas I haven't started at all... Lol. But then again, some of them are influenced by dreams (in some parts) and I tend to remember those since I like writing those down. But I also keep notes about story ideas pertaining to the particular story. I also try to write down what I call character profiles - name, age, height, gender, coloring, personality, etc. And if necessary, kind of a character tree of how they're related. haha, yeah... I'm quite thorough for the most part.
The thing for me is that I haven't worked on them on in a while and I think (maybe?) my writing style has changed. I'm not really sure. I can't remember which ones come first anyways. In terms of timeline of completion. *shrugs*
Fanfiction I can tell since I post that on Fanfiction.net and it keeps the "publication" date. But otherwise, I don't really know for my original stories.

BTW, inconsistencies is a word Razz

Well, at least you kept notes. The only thing I felt was important enough to keep in my head are my characters. How they relate to each other, behaviours etc. Profiling if you may. My characters have evolved and grown so much that they're like my babies and I find it hard to part with them. (And since my brother's my sounding board for my story and characters, he ended up "borrowing" one of them for his story Rolling Eyes )

I also get influenced by dreams too! Very Happy Sometimes you get that surreal feeling when you wake up that you just have to put it in your story. (I think I ought to put a notepad and pen next to my bed from now on...)
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:25 pm

silvery wrote:
Well, at least you kept notes. The only thing I felt was important enough to keep in my head are my characters. How they relate to each other, behaviours etc. Profiling if you may. My characters have evolved and grown so much that they're like my babies and I find it hard to part with them. (And since my brother's my sounding board for my story and characters, he ended up "borrowing" one of them for his story Rolling Eyes )

I also get influenced by dreams too! Very Happy Sometimes you get that surreal feeling when you wake up that you just have to put it in your story. (I think I ought to put a notepad and pen next to my bed from now on...)
Yeah, I did! hehe, I took great pride in that little notebook of mine! And then I upgraded to full-scale paper for it because there was too much to write down. And yes, I like doing that too! Planning out how each character is, how they interact and what evolves from the interaction... How they change or don't change. As for the "babies" comment - that's why I can't bear to throw away a story even though I think it's terrible Razz
As for your brother borrowing your character... *shrug* You would never find a truly original character, regardless. There isn't anything that hasn't been done, but it's a matter of how it's done. If that makes sense.

Waah~ That's so cool that you're influenced by dreams! I don't know anyone else who's like that! My other writer friend has vivid dreams, but they don't relate to stories in any way. She dreams about celebrities... XD Well, I have too, but that's totally not the point. I have dreams that are like watching a movie while I sleep. So most of the time, it's already developed to a certain aspect Smile

Nathye wrote:
Okay... I do now! Lol, though it's still a work in progress. I was able to upload the most important part.

Penned Imagination

Either scroll down until you reach the Story section or use the link on the left side. As for suggestions, I would start with A Fairytale for Charlotte. It's my favourite story I completed so far. I shared it on the old forum under the ebooks section and other people said they liked it too.

I also like Paradise Party and I would definitely read it before Operation Masquerade since it is the prequel for it. They do standalone at the same time, but I think the characters are fun, so gotta show them some love! Razz

And yeah... I haven't gotten around to writing a synopsis of the other stories, so... I'll get around to it.

Anyways, just for a feel in terms of timeline of completion. The very first story I completed is not shared on there since it's not in pdf format. Paradise Party is my second completed story. I believe A Fairytale for Charlotte is next, then Metamorphosis, My Maria, Operation Masquerade and finally A Second Prelude. I'm a bit hazy on those middle ones, but A Second Prelude is definitely the most recently completed - and that was probably 3 or 4 years ago...

Did a complete flip and started on a fanfiction phase which hasn't finished yet Embarassed Razz

(So yeah, the stuff under fanfiction is only a really, really small portion of what I've actually written.)

Anyways, regardless of which story you read, they all can use more editing. That said, lemme know what you think if you do get around to it. I'd love to hear some feedback since I'm usually the only one who reads these stories... Laughing

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:53 pm

aerysa wrote:

Yeah, I did! hehe, I took great pride in that little notebook of mine! And then I upgraded to full-scale paper for it because there was too much to write down. And yes, I like doing that too! Planning out how each character is, how they interact and what evolves from the interaction... How they change or don't change. As for the "babies" comment - that's why I can't bear to throw away a story even though I think it's terrible Razz
As for your brother borrowing your character... *shrug* You would never find a truly original character, regardless. There isn't anything that hasn't been done, but it's a matter of how it's done. If that makes sense.

I'm going to have to do that, else I'll never get motivated enough to continue.
Well, my brother liked his back story so imported my character and back story then evolved him to match his story. (If he didn't tell me which one it was, I'd have never recognized him. In a sense, aside from back story, the character has become an original of my brother's...)

aerysa wrote:
Waah~ That's so cool that you're influenced by dreams! I don't know anyone else who's like that! My other writer friend has vivid dreams, but they don't relate to stories in any way. She dreams about celebrities... XD Well, I have too, but that's totally not the point. I have dreams that are like watching a movie while I sleep. So most of the time, it's already developed to a certain aspect Smile

Well, sometimes before I sleep, I bounce story ideas in my head (doesn't help me sleep, rather the opposite) and I think because of that, I sort of dream up a continuation to where I left off... (even in my sleep my imagination is on overdrive...)

aerysa wrote:

Anyways, regardless of which story you read, they all can use more editing. That said, lemme know what you think if you do get around to it. I'd love to hear some feedback since I'm usually the only one who reads these stories... Laughing

Very Happy sure. I need to clear my back logged reading list first though...
Back to top Go down
Nathye

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:28 pm

aerysa wrote:

I will read and let you know what I think and thanks for posting it ^^

As for the dreams and the notepad... I don't really dream that often or at least I don't remember anything... I remember one I dreamed about mat cause I had a test the next day that was the only time I felt like writing the dream xD

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:51 am

I forgot to mention that I will take a some time to read 'cause I have exams Evil or Very Mad and I don't have time to read any book Crying or Very sad well I have to read but school books study study study study

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:09 am

Nathye wrote:
I forgot to mention that I will take a some time to read 'cause I have exams Evil or Very Mad and I don't have time to read any book Crying or Very sad well I have to read but school books study study study study

I'm sure aerysa wouldn't mind. We all have real lives to live anyway. Good luck for your exams cheers
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:55 pm

silvery wrote:
I'm going to have to do that, else I'll never get motivated enough to continue.
Well, my brother liked his back story so imported my character and back story then evolved him to match his story. (If he didn't tell me which one it was, I'd have never recognized him. In a sense, aside from back story, the character has become an original of my brother's...)
haha, it's the easiest way to keep track of all your ideas in one place. Not to mention, though you THINK you won't forget, really, you will. So at least this will trigger your memory when you go back to look at it. And yes, it's quite interesting how you can take similar characters, throw them into completely different stories and watch them evolve Smile

silvery wrote:
Well, sometimes before I sleep, I bounce story ideas in my head (doesn't help me sleep, rather the opposite) and I think because of that, I sort of dream up a continuation to where I left off... (even in my sleep my imagination is on overdrive...)
Oh, that's pretty neat! I've never had that happen to me. My story-related dreams are usually standalone. Sometimes I'll partly wake and then fall back asleep and the dream continues. And once, I've had a "continuation" dream like 3 months apart... Very cool and creepy at the same time XD
And yeah, thinking before sleeping usually isn't a good idea! I've never been able to get to sleep that way, that's for sure.

silvery wrote:
Very Happy sure. I need to clear my back logged reading list first though...
Nathye wrote:
No worries!! The stories aren't going anywhere and they've always only had an audience of one as it is... Lol~ As in myself. Though that's not completely true for Paradise Party and A Fairytale for Charlotte. I was posting PP chapters on the forum I was going to at the time that I was working on it. For the other one, I believe jeannemiki and sherlover read it. Slowly growing an audience! Razz
So yeah, take your time. I'm sure we're all really busy as it is anyways.

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:11 pm

aerysa wrote:

haha, it's the easiest way to keep track of all your ideas in one place. Not to mention, though you THINK you won't forget, really, you will. So at least this will trigger your memory when you go back to look at it. And yes, it's quite interesting how you can take similar characters, throw them into completely different stories and watch them evolve Smile

Yup. I didn't mind since we help each other in terms of editing and story continuation. Oh to be hit by a spark of inspiration so that I ca continue... Wink

aerysa wrote:

Oh, that's pretty neat! I've never had that happen to me. My story-related dreams are usually standalone. Sometimes I'll partly wake and then fall back asleep and the dream continues. And once, I've had a "continuation" dream like 3 months apart... Very cool and creepy at the same time XD
And yeah, thinking before sleeping usually isn't a good idea! I've never been able to get to sleep that way, that's for sure.

But you can dream up a continuation months later is also cool. I know if I wake up in the middle of a dream and continue, the dream changes and turns weird...
Back to top Go down
Nathye

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:14 am

silvery wrote:
Nathye wrote:

I'm sure aerysa wouldn't mind. We all have real lives to live anyway. Good luck for your exams cheers

aerysa wrote:

No worries!! The stories aren't going anywhere and they've always only had an audience of one as it is... Lol~ As in myself. Though that's not completely true for Paradise Party and A Fairytale for Charlotte. I was posting PP chapters on the forum I was going to at the time that I was working on it. For the other one, I believe jeannemiki and sherlover read it. Slowly growing an audience! Razz
So yeah, take your time. I'm sure we're all really busy as it is anyways.

Thanks... while I here I am also studying since one of the subjects is English ^^

aerysa wrote:

As for me I can't sleep in that situation or how should I put this... I can but can't (so weird) I enter in a state where I neither asleep or awake but between both... so I rest the body but not the mind... And I hate when that happen I mean thinking while sleeping and instead of the dream taking his course alone I will be making the course myself aware of everything (really bothersome) pale [sorry there's probably a lot of mistakes I am not up correct them 2day so please forgive me]

silvery wrote:
aerysa wrote:

Yup. I didn't mind since we help each other in terms of editing and story continuation. Oh to be hit by a spark of inspiration so that I ca continue... Wink

that's pretty nice having someone helping with the story... two writers one story two points of view sounds really interesting maybe confusing but sure interesting Very Happy

Ps. I wonder how many tabs I opened just to make this post Rolling Eyes

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:21 am

silvery wrote:
That's really cool that you share the same hobby as your brother. My sister only reads... Razz I go to her for the occasional help, like when I'm having a brain blockage and can't think of the term I want to use. Typically, the question is something like "What is a word that means 'this' or 'that', but isn't 'this word'?" Laughing

silvery wrote:
But you can dream up a continuation months later is also cool. I know if I wake up in the middle of a dream and continue, the dream changes and turns weird...
It's only happened once, but it was pretty neat! As for dreams turning weird... Mine automatically turn weird by themselves, so if I end up using a dream as inspiration for a story, it's an edited version. There always seems to be some element that is unbelievable (realistically speaking) in my dreams. I have no idea why.

Nathye wrote:
Thanks... while I here I am also studying since one of the subjects is English ^^
Reading AND writing! It is a good way since you're forced to use it in order to participate Smile

Nathye wrote:
As for me I can't sleep in that situation or how should I put this... I can but can't (so weird) I enter in a state where I neither asleep or awake but between both... so I rest the body but not the mind... And I hate when that happen I mean thinking while sleeping and instead of the dream taking his course alone I will be making the course myself aware of everything (really bothersome) pale [sorry there's probably a lot of mistakes I am not up correct them 2day so please forgive me]
Ooh, I do get that! I usually end up dreaming when I'm in that state, and they're reaaally weird dreams. Usually happens when I wake up suddenly, but I'm not fully awake before I fall back asleep, except I'm not fully asleep either. It's quite strange.

Nathye wrote:
that's pretty nice having someone helping with the story... two writers one story two points of view sounds really interesting maybe confusing but sure interesting Very Happy[
Yeah, that is nice! Especially since each person has their own strengths and weaknesses, so when they're complimentary, it turns out better than if only one person wrote it. Though yeah... Ideas can get complicated if there's too many possibilities Razz

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:32 pm

Nathye wrote:

Well, you've come to the right place to practice. Reading a lot helps too. After a while you automatically know what comes next. Very Happy all the best!

Nathye wrote:

As for me I can't sleep in that situation or how should I put this... I can but can't (so weird) I enter in a state where I neither asleep or awake but between both... so I rest the body but not the mind... And I hate when that happen I mean thinking while sleeping and instead of the dream taking his course alone I will be making the course myself aware of everything (really bothersome) pale

I think you wake up feeling more tired after that... after all the mind has been running around all night...

aerysa wrote:
It's only happened once, but it was pretty neat! As for dreams turning weird... Mine automatically turn weird by themselves, so if I end up using a dream as inspiration for a story, it's an edited version. There always seems to be some element that is unbelievable (realistically speaking) in my dreams. I have no idea why.

Lol. Yes, there always is. But that's what makes it interesting... You have a plot of sorts to build on and then how you incorporate your own ideas to your dream to make a believable, interesting plot is the fun part.

Nathye wrote:
that's pretty nice having someone helping with the story... two writers one story two points of view sounds really interesting maybe confusing but sure interesting Very Happy

Well, more like two writers, one character, different stories. More of a continuation of my character after my story ends... (if I get around to finishing it...)

aerysa wrote:
That's really cool that you share the same hobby as your brother. My sister only reads... Razz I go to her for the occasional help, like when I'm having a brain blockage and can't think of the term I want to use. Typically, the question is something like "What is a word that means 'this' or 'that', but isn't 'this word'?" Laughing

It is. There are problems where we try to impose our own ideas onto the others' story so the key is to know when to draw the line. Well, only when we write the same genre (fantasy/adventure + comedy) I doubt he'd be any help if I write romance...
Back to top Go down
Nathye

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:05 am

silvery wrote:
Nathye wrote:

Well, you've come to the right place to practice. Reading a lot helps too. After a while you automatically know what comes next. Very Happy all the best!

Thanks ^^ The English exam is tomorrow I am so anxious... but I hope everything turns out for the best Very Happy

silvery wrote:
Nathye wrote:

As for me I can't sleep in that situation or how should I put this... I can but can't (so weird) I enter in a state where I neither asleep or awake but between both... pale

I think you wake up feeling more tired after that... after all the mind has been running around all night...

It's true that when this happens I wake up in a bit of a bad mood Evil or Very Mad but it soon goes away Very Happy

silvery wrote:
aerysa wrote:

It is. There are problems where we try to impose our own ideas onto the others' story so the key is to know when to draw the line. Well, only when we write the same genre (fantasy/adventure + comedy) I doubt he'd be any help if I write romance...

I feel a little bad now Rolling Eyes ... Am I the only one in this topic that's a only child? I mean I don't have a sister to read or a brother to help with my stories or that impose his ideas... but being a only child is good in a lot of other ways so I won't feel bad santa geek

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:19 am

Nathye wrote:
Thanks ^^ The English exam is tomorrow I am so anxious... but I hope everything turns out for the best Very Happy
Ooh... Good luck with your exam!! You've been practicing lots Wink

silvery wrote:
That's so true... I always feel lethargic and unmotivated when that happens! It's like your brain functions in overdrive and then crashes when it should be functioning normally...

silvery wrote:
haha, that'd be pretty cool if your brother helped with a romance XD Though really, you always get that Rolling Eyes reaction when it's guys + romance novels... It's still pretty neat that you have someone to assist you, even if you might argue at times. You can use him as a sounding board to flush out flaws with ideas or input ideas when you're struggling.

Nathye wrote:
I feel a little bad now Rolling Eyes ... Am I the only one in this topic that's a only child? I mean I don't have a sister to read or a brother to help with my stories or that impose his ideas... but being a only child is good in a lot of other ways so I won't feel bad santa geek
Laughing Why would you feel bad? Nothing wrong with being an only child! It has its benefits I'm sure. Like when your sibling is being annoying and you want nothing more than to SMACK him/her! Razz

silvery wrote:
Lol. Yes, there always is. But that's what makes it interesting... You have a plot of sorts to build on and then how you incorporate your own ideas to your dream to make a believable, interesting plot is the fun part.
Yeaah! It gives you crucial scenes and then you get to play around it, depending on where it falls as a story. Like creating events that lead up to that event or playing with how the character evolve after that event happens. That's why it's kind of nice I dream "movie style". Gives me a lot more to play with, like already having a setting, crucial events and characters ^^

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:59 am

aerysa wrote:
Nathye wrote:
Ooh... Good luck with your exam!! You've been practicing lots Wink

Yup I sure did... but now the English one is over cheers And actually it was really nice I am not good with the writing part but it went well and the rest was like normally is which is good... The bad part is that I will just know for sure in July Neutral

aerysa wrote:
Nathye wrote:
Laughing Why would you feel bad? Nothing wrong with being an only child! It has its benefits I'm sure. Like when your sibling is being annoying and you want nothing more than to SMACK him/her! Razz

Well being a only child does have a lot of benefits and I know it but having a older sister would be nice sometimes ^^

aerysa wrote:
silvery wrote:
Yeaah! It gives you crucial scenes and then you get to play around it, depending on where it falls as a story. Like creating events that lead up to that event or playing with how the character evolve after that event happens. That's why it's kind of nice I dream "movie style". Gives me a lot more to play with, like already having a setting, crucial events and characters ^^
While you guys were discussing I was thinking that HQ sometimes ask them to start with some words or finish with them other times writers write books that are in a volume with other writers so they have some character in common things like that... This is more or less what you guys do in your dreams and with your siblings which is pretty awesome

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:00 am

Nathye wrote:
Yup I sure did... but now the English one is over cheers And actually it was really nice I am not good with the writing part but it went well and the rest was like normally is which is good... The bad part is that I will just know for sure in July Neutral
At least it's over with! And you feel pretty confident about it Smile How come it takes so long before you find out your results?

Nathye wrote:
Well being a only child does have a lot of benefits and I know it but having a older sister would be nice sometimes ^^
Well, for one thing it's nice when you need someone to talk to. And you can do things together. But that's more if you have common interests and what not.

Nathye wrote:
While you guys were discussing I was thinking that HQ sometimes ask them to start with some words or finish with them other times writers write books that are in a volume with other writers so they have some character in common things like that... This is more or less what you guys do in your dreams and with your siblings which is pretty awesome
Hm... What do you mean they're asked to start with some words or finish with them?
But yes, it's pretty common to have shorter stories compiled in anthologies where each author follows a certain theme. I think it's a nice break for authors since they can still do what they love, but they're not pressured to write a full novel and it's still a release for the fans to read Smile
Or, they want to revisit a character and give them their own story, but don't have enough to have a full story. It still gives us some insight into the characters.

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   

Back to top Go down

Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next