Shojo Manhwa Scans

Download Scanlations from SMScans Here

BlogHomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Do you want to create your own novel or Manga?
Defenitively want to write a (romance) novel!! <3
17%
 17% [ 6 ]
Absolutely want to create a (romance) Manga!! ^.^
6%
 6% [ 2 ]
Actually finished a project!!! Yay!!
3%
 3% [ 1 ]
Work in progress!! >.<
31%
 31% [ 11 ]
Considered doing one...
31%
 31% [ 11 ]
Never! - enjoy reading them so much more~~
11%
 11% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 35

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Thu May 31, 2012 5:59 am

First topic message reminder :

I've always been playing with the idea of writing my own story. Be it that I'm not quite satisfied with a character or the outcome of a story or that I've just read about anything I could find of the genre I like and want something new. Sometimes it's just that I love the story so much and don't want it to end...

Have you ever considered doing it? - And actually went forth with your idea?

I found that upon trying there seem to be a number of things that get into the way!!

There's of course the general lack of time everyone seems to have a hard time dealing with, as well as other inconvienent pleasantries like the newest release of SMS that you'd rather be reading than working on a project...
and in my case the endurence to get past 7 000 words... T.T

How about you? Similar thoughts? cat
Is there someone in the SMS community that actually managed to get published?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:18 pm

Nathye wrote:
Yup I sure did... but now the English one is over cheers And actually it was really nice I am not good with the writing part but it went well and the rest was like normally is which is good... The bad part is that I will just know for sure in July Neutral

Hope you did well, after all, you did practice with us Very Happy

aerysa wrote:
haha, that'd be pretty cool if your brother helped with a romance XD Though really, you always get that Rolling Eyes reaction when it's guys + romance novels... It's still pretty neat that you have someone to assist you, even if you might argue at times. You can use him as a sounding board to flush out flaws with ideas or input ideas when you're struggling.

Yeah. He did read the Bridgerton series (at my urging) because I said it was funny. And he did also read The last song by Nicholas Spark for a class assignment (grumbling all the way while he was doing so). But yeah, guys and romance are... we always talk about his and my story when we meet. He nearly had a heart attack sometime back when he realized that he'd sent his computer to be fixed (and reformatted) without backing up his story. Luckily he'd saved all but the recent chapter in his thumbdrive. (which is a relief because he'd written so much already, I don't think he'd have the heart to continue/restart)

aerysa wrote:
Nathye wrote:
I feel a little bad now Rolling Eyes ... Am I the only one in this topic that's a only child? I mean I don't have a sister to read or a brother to help with my stories or that impose his ideas... but being a only child is good in a lot of other ways so I won't feel bad santa geek
Laughing Why would you feel bad? Nothing wrong with being an only child! It has its benefits I'm sure. Like when your sibling is being annoying and you want nothing more than to SMACK him/her! Razz

I agree. My brother and I have had some lots of hair raising arguments in the years when we grew up. After I left for University, we sort of calmed down. We might have drifted apart if it weren't for most of our shared hobbies...
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:44 pm

silvery wrote:
Yeah. He did read the Bridgerton series (at my urging) because I said it was funny. And he did also read The last song by Nicholas Spark for a class assignment (grumbling all the way while he was doing so). But yeah, guys and romance are... we always talk about his and my story when we meet. He nearly had a heart attack sometime back when he realized that he'd sent his computer to be fixed (and reformatted) without backing up his story. Luckily he'd saved all but the recent chapter in his thumbdrive. (which is a relief because he'd written so much already, I don't think he'd have the heart to continue/restart)
haha, as a fellow writer, I feel his pain! Thankfully, I'm one of those writers who loves doing things the old-fashioned way - as in with pen and paper. It takes a lot more work since you eventually have to type it up, but I just like it better that way. I can type things up directly onto the computer, but I feel a stronger "connect" with the story when I write it out first. Especially since I can write anywhere when I do it that way, rather than having to be connected to a computer. Also, you'll always have a copy of your story, unless you throw it out Smile

silvery wrote:
I agree. My brother and I have had some lots of hair raising arguments in the years when we grew up. After I left for University, we sort of calmed down. We might have drifted apart if it weren't for most of our shared hobbies...
Having a sister, we never argued the way that brothers and sisters argue. My friends with brothers would actually get physical with each other. Me and my sister just had yelling spats before we stormed off. Then things would be alright again after we calmed down XD

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:55 pm

aerysa wrote:

haha, as a fellow writer, I feel his pain! Thankfully, I'm one of those writers who loves doing things the old-fashioned way - as in with pen and paper. It takes a lot more work since you eventually have to type it up, but I just like it better that way. I can type things up directly onto the computer, but I feel a stronger "connect" with the story when I write it out first. Especially since I can write anywhere when I do it that way, rather than having to be connected to a computer. Also, you'll always have a copy of your story, unless you throw it out Smile

I do that too and I know what you mean about connecting to your stories. But I plan to type it up since I have lots of ideas I want to add to my stories and there's only so much room on the borders...

aerysa wrote:

Having a sister, we never argued the way that brothers and sisters argue. My friends with brothers would actually get physical with each other. Me and my sister just had yelling spats before we stormed off. Then things would be alright again after we calmed down XD

When we were a whole lot younger, it was rather physical, hitting each other and all, but then we both stopped because he's a growing boy and it's not right to hit a girl and because he can't hit me/back, it's unsporting if I hit him. Now we use sarcasm, which is twice as painful...
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:12 am

silvery wrote:
I do that too and I know what you mean about connecting to your stories. But I plan to type it up since I have lots of ideas I want to add to my stories and there's only so much room on the borders...
Laughing That's why you need a little notebook or something! Something that fits in your purse or pocket. You can jot down ideas as you get them and keep them all in one place. And yes, there's a deeper connection when you write it by hand since you're more involved in the process - for some reason. I mostly like it for the editing. It's easier to jot down changes that need to be made without fussing over where the silly cursor is located.
You should type up your stories! And share them Very Happy

silvery wrote:
When we were a whole lot younger, it was rather physical, hitting each other and all, but then we both stopped because he's a growing boy and it's not right to hit a girl and because he can't hit me/back, it's unsporting if I hit him. Now we use sarcasm, which is twice as painful...
Ahh... Yeah, it was like that for friends... They would hit each other and everything... Thankfully that never happened since I have a sister Razz She hit me once when I was really little (which we caught on tape since I was playing with her tape recorder) and she got in trouble, especially since she's 4 years older than me. (We were 3 and 7 at the time.) Very cute now when we relisten to that tape... Lol!

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:50 am

aerysa wrote:
Nathye wrote:
Yup I sure did... but now the English one is over cheers And actually it was really nice I am not good with the writing part but it went well and the rest was like normally is which is good... The bad part is that I will just know for sure in July Neutral
At least it's over with! And you feel pretty confident about it Smile How come it takes so long before you find out your results?

It takes time because they are sent to Cambridge University in England to be corrected just after that I will receive a certificate and the results Very Happy My exam will go to England before I... that's totally not acceptable xD

aerysa wrote:
Nathye wrote:
Well being a only child does have a lot of benefits and I know it but having a older sister would be nice sometimes ^^
Well, for one thing it's nice when you need someone to talk to. And you can do things together. But that's more if you have common interests and what not.

Yes and now having someone to talk would be great ^^ but well not like I can't live without it so it's fine Very Happy At least I have my mom just to myself ^^ (I'm actually pretty spoiled Razz )

aerysa wrote:
Nathye wrote:
While you guys were discussing I was thinking that HQ sometimes ask them to start with some words or finish with them other times writers write books that are in a volume with other writers so they have some character in common things like that... This is more or less what you guys do in your dreams and with your siblings which is pretty awesome
Hm... What do you mean they're asked to start with some words or finish with them?
But yes, it's pretty common to have shorter stories compiled in anthologies where each author follows a certain theme. I think it's a nice break for authors since they can still do what they love, but they're not pressured to write a full novel and it's still a release for the fans to read Smile
Or, they want to revisit a character and give them their own story, but don't have enough to have a full story. It still gives us some insight into the characters.

I mean that they are given a phrase and they have to create a story from there ^^

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:58 am

aerysa wrote:

Laughing That's why you need a little notebook or something! Something that fits in your purse or pocket. You can jot down ideas as you get them and keep them all in one place. And yes, there's a deeper connection when you write it by hand since you're more involved in the process - for some reason. I mostly like it for the editing. It's easier to jot down changes that need to be made without fussing over where the silly cursor is located.
You should type up your stories! And share them Very Happy

Very true. It was also fun when I was typing away at a typewriter my dad brought back when I was a kid. You really felt like you were a writer (it's a pain when you make a mistake but you can't get the same experience on a computer...) wow, thanks for the encouragement. I feel fired up to write! Very Happy Hope to share it with you all some day then.

aerysa wrote:
Ahh... Yeah, it was like that for friends... They would hit each other and everything... Thankfully that never happened since I have a sister Razz She hit me once when I was really little (which we caught on tape since I was playing with her tape recorder) and she got in trouble, especially since she's 4 years older than me. (We were 3 and 7 at the time.) Very cute now when we relisten to that tape... Lol!

Lol, that sounds so cute. I'd say it's a good thing your parents intervened early then. Now you can still have a good relationship with each other without resorting to violence. Talking your disagreements are better (although sometimes when the other person is trying to be reasonable makes you feel childish and more prone to anger bursts...)
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:14 am

Nathye wrote:
It takes time because they are sent to Cambridge University in England to be corrected just after that I will receive a certificate and the results Very Happy My exam will go to England before I... that's totally not acceptable xD
Ooh... No wonder. That seems really official and everything! Shocked

Nathye wrote:
Yes and now having someone to talk would be great ^^ but well not like I can't live without it so it's fine Very Happy At least I have my mom just to myself ^^ (I'm actually pretty spoiled Razz )
haha, see! Another perk! Don't have to share your mom and don't have to share toys when you're young... No fighting over things that aren't "fair" because someone else got something that you didn't Razz

Nathye wrote:
I mean that they are given a phrase and they have to create a story from there ^^
Oh, you mean a prompt! Sometimes, those are reaaally hard to write! I tried it before (for a contest) and it took me forever... But it's actually really fun too ^^

silvery wrote:
Very true. It was also fun when I was typing away at a typewriter my dad brought back when I was a kid. You really felt like you were a writer (it's a pain when you make a mistake but you can't get the same experience on a computer...) wow, thanks for the encouragement. I feel fired up to write! Very Happy Hope to share it with you all some day then.
We used to have one too! And yeah, it was pretty fun to hear the click-clack, click-clack of it, until you typed something wrong... Laughing But yeaah, share if you get a chance! It's always encouraging to have someone who reads your work. One of the reasons why I like writing fanfiction now since I have a couple friends who always support me Razz

silvery wrote:
Lol, that sounds so cute. I'd say it's a good thing your parents intervened early then. Now you can still have a good relationship with each other without resorting to violence. Talking your disagreements are better (although sometimes when the other person is trying to be reasonable makes you feel childish and more prone to anger bursts...)
It really is... Very Happy And yeah, my mom was really good at intervening even though my sister thought it was unfair that I would do bad things and she gets in trouble for it, for being the "older sister" Razz Now we don't fight much at all. We've grown out of the phase XD

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:03 pm

aerysa wrote:
Nathye wrote:
Ooh... No wonder. That seems really official and everything! Shocked

That's just like the Japanese Language Proficiency Test that I took last time! The papers are sent to Japan to be marked and all. The wait was a killer.

aerysa wrote:

haha, see! Another perk! Don't have to share your mom and don't have to share toys when you're young... No fighting over things that aren't "fair" because someone else got something that you didn't Razz

Lol, the only time my brother and I fought over something was who would get to read the manga we bought first. (This was way~ before internet) He's a slow reader whereas I tended to blurt out spoilers... Buying the manga was also a pain since our allowance wasn't much. Wink

aerysa wrote:
Nathye wrote:
Oh, you mean a prompt! Sometimes, those are reaaally hard to write! I tried it before (for a contest) and it took me forever... But it's actually really fun too ^^

I remember those too. They used to have those when we did essay writing in school. I remember that I'd always choose those over factual essays. Smile

aerysa wrote:

We used to have one too! And yeah, it was pretty fun to hear the click-clack, click-clack of it, until you typed something wrong... Laughing But yeaah, share if you get a chance! It's always encouraging to have someone who reads your work. One of the reasons why I like writing fanfiction now since I have a couple friends who always support me Razz

Support is always important. If my brother didn't support my writing and vice versa, I think I'd have stopped years ago... (as opposed to stopping and picking up like now)

aerysa wrote:

It really is... Very Happy And yeah, my mom was really good at intervening even though my sister thought it was unfair that I would do bad things and she gets in trouble for it, for being the "older sister" Razz Now we don't fight much at all. We've grown out of the phase XD

It's the same everywhere. My brother and I don't fight anymore (me not being at home helps) but instead we go through a phase of "spoiling each other". I'd take him out for lunch, he'd pay for my movie tickets, that sort of thing. More fun now.
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:11 pm

silvery wrote:
Lol, the only time my brother and I fought over something was who would get to read the manga we bought first. (This was way~ before internet) He's a slow reader whereas I tended to blurt out spoilers... Buying the manga was also a pain since our allowance wasn't much. Wink
Lol, already fighting over manga... We didn't buy manga back then. Me and my sister fought over the computer since we only had one and had to take turns using it Razz

silvery wrote:
I remember those too. They used to have those when we did essay writing in school. I remember that I'd always choose those over factual essays. Smile
I don't think we had a choice. We always got those opinion essays where you pick between two topics.

silvery wrote:
Support is always important. If my brother didn't support my writing and vice versa, I think I'd have stopped years ago... (as opposed to stopping and picking up like now)
I guess I'm just weird in a sense Laughing I didn't really care if people read it or not. I was just that obsessed with writing. I would eventually re-read my own work and I was happy with it XD But yeah, it's really nice to have an audience who doesn't know what to expect and give you positive feedback!

silvery wrote:
It's the same everywhere. My brother and I don't fight anymore (me not being at home helps) but instead we go through a phase of "spoiling each other". I'd take him out for lunch, he'd pay for my movie tickets, that sort of thing. More fun now.
Yeah! My sister does that too! Like for birthday presents, she's usually the one who gets me that fancy, expensive thing I want (mp3 player, digital camera, etc.) And we have the same give-and-take when we go out. Like if we share lunch, one of us pays and the other pays for drinks or something Smile

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:53 pm

aerysa wrote:

Lol, already fighting over manga... We didn't buy manga back then. Me and my sister fought over the computer since we only had one and had to take turns using it Razz

Well, we didn't really fight over the computer. Maybe because I preferred to watch my brother play the games more than I liked playing them myself. Manga, well, that was something we just had to have to ourselves.

aerysa wrote:

I don't think we had a choice. We always got those opinion essays where you pick between two topics.

Since English wasn't the national language, we were taught many different styles of writing. It was fun.

aerysa wrote:

I guess I'm just weird in a sense Laughing I didn't really care if people read it or not. I was just that obsessed with writing. I would eventually re-read my own work and I was happy with it XD But yeah, it's really nice to have an audience who doesn't know what to expect and give you positive feedback!

That's so nice. Being happy with yourself and what you can do. I think I became a little over critical with myself when I got older so I kept putting my writing off.

aerysa wrote:
I
Yeah! My sister does that too! Like for birthday presents, she's usually the one who gets me that fancy, expensive thing I want (mp3 player, digital camera, etc.) And we have the same give-and-take when we go out. Like if we share lunch, one of us pays and the other pays for drinks or something Smile

It's more fun this way. My brother's still studying so I do most of the treating. But he'll usually save up his money to get me something special for my birthday. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:14 am

silvery wrote:
Well, we didn't really fight over the computer. Maybe because I preferred to watch my brother play the games more than I liked playing them myself. Manga, well, that was something we just had to have to ourselves.
Oh... We fought over it because we would chat with friends and play games on it. Then it always seemed like she was on it forEVER, and vice versa. So the whole "You're on it too long!" "Am not! I was only on for 15 minutes!" arguments would come up Laughing

silvery wrote:
Since English wasn't the national language, we were taught many different styles of writing. It was fun.
Well, English is one of the national languages here, but for those formal tests, it was always the same type of essays. But in class, we would learn the other ones too Smile

silvery wrote:
That's so nice. Being happy with yourself and what you can do. I think I became a little over critical with myself when I got older so I kept putting my writing off.
Yeah, it is. It would be nice to have an audience, but *shrugs* I still like my stories! Since I've gotten better over the years, I'm like that towards my older writing... Lol, I think it sucks, but really... You always have to start somewhere.

silvery wrote:
It's more fun this way. My brother's still studying so I do most of the treating. But he'll usually save up his money to get me something special for my birthday. Very Happy
Definitely! And it's not like you're counting who paid for what. We kind of do when it comes to treating my parents for special occasion, but it doesn't really matter since I know I make more than her.

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:55 pm

silvery wrote:

Oh... We fought over it because we would chat with friends and play games on it. Then it always seemed like she was on it forEVER, and vice versa. So the whole "You're on it too long!" "Am not! I was only on for 15 minutes!" arguments would come up Laughing

My parents decided we didn't need the internet (much) when we were younger so we didn't have that kind of problems. Also we were monitored over our playing time so books were better at that time.

aerysa wrote:

Yeah, it is. It would be nice to have an audience, but *shrugs* I still like my stories! Since I've gotten better over the years, I'm like that towards my older writing... Lol, I think it sucks, but really... You always have to start somewhere.

Yes you do. Well, as you write, your style changes depending on your experiences. What gets to me sometimes is that due to a long break from writing my stories, my beginning as a certain style while the ending has a totally different style, making it rather disjointed.

aerysa wrote:

Definitely! And it's not like you're counting who paid for what. We kind of do when it comes to treating my parents for special occasion, but it doesn't really matter since I know I make more than her.

Very true. We just tell my brother he's paying when gets his first paycheck Wink
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:55 pm

silvery wrote:
My parents decided we didn't need the internet (much) when we were younger so we didn't have that kind of problems. Also we were monitored over our playing time so books were better at that time.
Yeah... The start of the internet age was like the start of my parents' nightmare... Laughing They didn't monitor us, not that we ever did anything bad. It was more that we would both want to be on, but we only had one computer so we had to take turns. Of course when you're young, it's always really long (in terms of waiting) when you aren't the one using it.

silvery wrote:
Yes you do. Well, as you write, your style changes depending on your experiences. What gets to me sometimes is that due to a long break from writing my stories, my beginning as a certain style while the ending has a totally different style, making it rather disjointed.
So true! I've been re-reading my old work and editing I notice things that I would repeatedly do/repeatedly did that I don't do anymore. Now it's like, "Ugh... Now I have to correct everything." Razz For example, my description skills have improved so when I read what I thought was descriptive in the past... It's alright, but could have added a whole lot more. But overall, for certain stories, I still really like them.

silvery wrote:
Very true. We just tell my brother he's paying when gets his first paycheck Wink
haha, yup! He should treat you guys all out for supper Razz

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:33 am

Hello everyone!

From the way I see it, everyone is doing great and writing stories Very Happy and having fun of course. (I didn't read all of the messages though)

I am finally back. The torturous university exams are finally over and I'm completely free cheers

So, let's see. I asked almost the same question last year Very Happy and we started a very enjoyable journey. Except that I wrote several short stories, tried some experimental writing and also wrote a distopia -all in Turkish (well, it's my mother-language).

Also my friend and I had started one big manga project (she would draw and I would write the chapters). It started as a fan manga (doujinshi) of Death-Note but after me adding all the other stuff and characters it didn't seem like fan work. It became original in one night Very Happy I wrote the backstory (I explained even how the world was created in our story) and 5 chapters. I guess it's on hiatus right now because I argued with my friend (it was a long time ago) and I guess we will never become as close as before... But I will -someday- finish writing the story.

The only problem is I planned it to be at least 60 chapters long so I'm not sure how long it will take...
And this one is also in Turkish! (and if it's satisfactory will be translated to english someday)

There are 3 other projects which I haven't started yet. One is a novel about Adam and Eve, starting point of humanity, one is a book about death and immortality and life, the last one is a self-help book Razz

Last but not least, after making you wait a whole year, Love Contract is my first priority. I was enjoying the experience of working as a group, sharing ideas and having lots of encouragement. I'm not sure how the story will go from here and also I don't know whether I am capable of writing the rest of the story smoothly, but I will try my best! (and I'm relieved that my friends here such as aerysa are good with words)

I guess, I'm going to open a new thread for the story again tonight Smile yay
Back to top Go down
Nathye

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:04 am

marumarusan wrote:
Hello everyone!
(...)
I guess, I'm going to open a new thread for the story again tonight Smile yay

I think you should do that Very Happy I don't know if I can be of any help but if you need anything I will try to help you Very Happy

silvery wrote:
aerysa wrote:
Nathye wrote:

aerysa wrote:
silvery wrote:
Well, English is one of the national languages here, but for those formal tests, it was always the same type of essays. But in class, we would learn the other ones too Smile

It's the same for me I learned all of the types of writing and them on the exam I just need to choose one. This time I choose the history (where you have the prompt)... I really think it's easy... but not always you have a time limit and you have 2 parts in the writing exam the first part you will get a email or a letter (you don't choose you do what you get at the exam) the second part you have 5 choices essay, letter the history (with the prompt) and talk about a book that they suggest the easy one at that moment for me was the story so I just did it Very Happy (the entire exam has 5 parts, writing is only one of them).

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:02 am

i'd rather just read... i'm no good with words (especially writing..)

Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:03 am

Yep, I always write when I read something and come up with an idea. This also happens if I watch dramas. I have to stop writing though since I have so much I started and they all have no endings. Most of the writings I write is in dialogue format.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:15 pm

Yes, I've wanted to write a novel and yes, I've wanted to make a manga.

In fact, I have so many stories written in my notebooks and so many character designs on my sketchpads that it's ridiculous. I've finished some stories already but they're all written. I've never actually attempted to draw a manga though. Anyway, even after all the writing that I've done so far, there's this story, rather, these characters I always go back to. I just love them to bits but it's just hard to fit them in a story. I keep getting that nagging thing in my head that keeps on telling me it won't work if I do it like I wanted to.

Neutral

Still, I'm not going to give up. It's fun thinking up new settings anyway. cheers
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:17 am

underjuvie wrote:
In fact, I have so many stories written in my notebooks and so many character designs on my sketchpads that it's ridiculous. I've finished some stories already but they're all written. I've never actually attempted to draw a manga though. Anyway, even after all the writing that I've done so far, there's this story, rather, these characters I always go back to. I just love them to bits but it's just hard to fit them in a story. I keep getting that nagging thing in my head that keeps on telling me it won't work if I do it like I wanted to.
Oh yay! Another writer on the forum Very Happy

I totally feel you about having so many ideas. I always get new ideas when I still haven't finished old ones. But I don't want to forget them, so likewise, I jot everything down into a notebook. Or at least somewhere... haha! Every time I go through all my writing notes, it's such a mess... Rolling Eyes

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:04 pm

Quote :
Every time I go through all my writing notes, it's such a mess... Rolling Eyes

I know! Sometimes, I even forget which notebook I wrote it in. Or, I know which notebook I'm looking for but can't find it when I need it.
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:06 pm

Wow, not just a writer but an aspiring mangaka. I hope you get it right. I tried, but I never got past the first 20 pages of my manga...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:35 am

Well, I've written a few chapters here and there of other novel genres (mystery, fantasy, etc...) that would eventually include romance... haha. Smile I think there was really only one time that I'd ever thought of writing a romance-only novel, but never did come out with a plausible plot.

One day, maybe!
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:30 pm

Well, mine was a fantasy adventure with some hints of romance, that was as far as I could take it. If I were asked to draw (or write) a romance only story, I don't think I can...
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:36 am

kalekala wrote:
Well, I've written a few chapters here and there of other novel genres (mystery, fantasy, etc...) that would eventually include romance... haha. Smile I think there was really only one time that I'd ever thought of writing a romance-only novel, but never did come out with a plausible plot.
silvery wrote:
Well, mine was a fantasy adventure with some hints of romance, that was as far as I could take it. If I were asked to draw (or write) a romance only story, I don't think I can...
Reaally?? I think all the ones I've written were all "romance"... Laughing Like really, just two people falling in love and outlining the process of how it happens and what not... I think there's like one (my really first one) which is somewhat more "shoujo, supernatural manga" feel to it, since I wrote it thinking of it as an anime... One of them is a bit more action-y/drama, but still pretty romance, but that one's not finished yet.

I think I'm bad at those other genres... XD Not very creative in terms of fantasy and what not.

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:25 pm

Very Happy well, the first manga I read was Doraemon followed by Dragon Ball. No romance there. And as I grew up, I usually read shounen manga, since there was action and comedy (and also because I was splitting the cost with my brother) I actually started reading romance novels when I was maybe 17 or 18. It was also around that time that the local manga publishers decide to translate and print shoujo manga to cater to the female market. By then after nearly ten years of fantasy/adventure stories kinda got embedded in the soul...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?   

Back to top Go down

Ever considered writing a (romance) novel or Manga?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next