0% [ 0 ]
Sweden
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
Nathye

PostSubject: Euro 2012   Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:17 am

Well I was watching TV and happen to sew the last games between Spain vs Italy and I started to think who might win this year... I have not yet reached a conclusion but while I am thinking I decided to ask you guys about it I want to know your opinion about it.
who has more chances of going to the final?
who are the best players?

Think about it and lets see who is right in the end ^^

Ps. I couldn't put the 16 Team in the poll option so I took out some
The ones that I took out
From Team
A Czech Republic/Poland
B Netherlands
C Croatia/Republic of Ireland
D Ukraine

Teams
A CZE GRE POL RUS
B DEN GER NED POR
C ESP CRO IRL ITA
D ENG UKR FRA SWE

I saw silvery post and here is the link for the points here

Last edited by Nathye on Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012   Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:56 am

Hm... That's a difficult question considering I never follow it... I'm more likely to just randomly guess a team and know absolutely nothing about them... Lol.

I'd have to do a bit of research to see who the strong contenders are, but really, it would just be an educated guess in that sense.

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012   Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:57 am

Not much of a football fan, actually. So same as aerysa, I'll have to research a bit before I can say...
Back to top Go down
Jibril
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012   Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:03 pm

i am not really into soccer as well but as a good citizen i will ofc say my country is going to win Wink
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012   Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:33 am

Jibril wrote:
i am not really into soccer as well but as a good citizen i will ofc say my country is going to win Wink
LOL! Which country would that be?

PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012   Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:00 am

I can't say I am a fan of soccer but I like to know who loses and who wins ^^
I would like if Portugal won this year but I doubt that will happen ^^ Maybe someone new could win this year Very Happy

aerysa wrote:
Jibril wrote:

Yes I also would like to know that Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012   Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:03 am

My husband is german, so I vote for Germany. The problem is, I may not watch TV everytime germany plays against other countries. My husband, his friends and my kids think everytime I watch with them on TV, germany is ALWAYS doomed affraid Twisted Evil Laughing Superstition yeah, but it's true. Fortunately I don't really like soccer, so I don't mind sunny
Back to top Go down
Nathye

PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012   Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:01 am

Chloevien wrote:
My husband is german, so I vote for Germany. The problem is, I may not watch TV everytime germany plays against other countries. My husband, his friends and my kids think everytime I watch with them on TV, germany is ALWAYS doomed affraid Twisted Evil Laughing Superstition yeah, but it's true. Fortunately I don't really like soccer, so I don't mind sunny

Well that happened with me when Brasil played in the world cup last time... when I wasn't watching they scored when I was watching they didn't score and sometimes suffered some goals. It was pretty bad luck Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012   Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:54 am

Nathye wrote:
Well that happened with me when Brasil played in the world cup last time... when I wasn't watching they scored when I was watching they didn't score and sometimes suffered some goals. It was pretty bad luck Very Happy

This bad luck thing,It's weird, isn't it? On Saturday (Germany VS Portugal) maybe I only watched for max. 1 minute and what happened? Portugal almost scored Laughing they sent me out to another room immediately hahahahahahaha Laughing
Back to top Go down
Nathye

PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012   Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:14 am

Chloevien wrote:
Nathye wrote:

This bad luck thing,It's weird, isn't it? On Saturday (Germany VS Portugal) maybe I only watched for max. 1 minute and what happened? Portugal almost scored Laughing they sent me out to another room immediately hahahahahahaha Laughing

woo really? so you can never watch Germany games unless you want them to lose... I have an Idea Very Happy when Germany play against someone that I want to win like when Germany plays against Portugal again I would like to request for you to please watch the game at least for the first half in order for Portugal to score at least one... then you can leave and Germany can win. But at least I wana see them score one in this championship xD Although I dont think your husband, his friends and your kids will like the idea ^.^

PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012   Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:28 am

Hmm soccer...
I don't know on saturday is the group trial for my country finished.
If they will win or not is something i mustn't know, but I think, they will go to the quarter final or the half final.
I hope at least, that England will not make it to the K.O. Round.

In the K.O. Rounds is England quite good... i hate to admit it.
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012   Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:46 am

Haha, It's just like that time when they had the octopus predict the winners for the World Cup. I don't think Chloevien is a jinx, it was just a matter of coincidence. Since I'm not from Europe, I don't have a particular team to support.(This isn't even like the World Cup where even though my country wasn't in I could at least support an Asian team like Japan and Korea) But all the best to the teams then.
Back to top Go down
Jibril
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012   Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:43 pm

aerysa wrote:
Jibril wrote:

haha i am german^^
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012   Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:32 am

Chloevien wrote:
AHAHA! That's really funny! XD

Jibril wrote:
aerysa wrote:
Jibril wrote:

haha i am german^^
So that makes it 2 votes for Germany! Smile

silvery wrote:
Haha, It's just like that time when they had the octopus predict the winners for the World Cup. I don't think Chloevien is a jinx, it was just a matter of coincidence. Since I'm not from Europe, I don't have a particular team to support.(This isn't even like the World Cup where even though my country wasn't in I could at least support an Asian team like Japan and Korea) But all the best to the teams then.
It's just superstition. I mean, HOW many people must be watching at the same time? A lot, that's for sure. I'm not from Europe either, so I wouldn't have anyone to support. As for World Cup... My country sucks too much to even make it into the regular rounds! Laughing Laughing

Anyways, I haven't guessed any team yet, but glancing at the statistics on their website... Looks like Russia is off to a good start. They have the most goals scored and the most % of ball possession. It's always important to score and to have the ball under your teams control. I'll have to keep up with the stats and see Razz Hopefully make an educated guess? XD

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012   Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:36 am

wow, you're going to look it up? All I'm mostly doing is listening to the standings of the group matches on the radio as I drive to work. Maybe I'll make up my mind after the preliminaries...
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012   Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:06 pm

Lol, it's not that hard. They do have their own website for the whole tournament. Just google "Euro 2012" and it will pop up.

PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012   Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:01 am

Nathye wrote:
woo really? so you can never watch Germany games unless you want them to lose... I have an Idea Very Happy when Germany play against someone that I want to win like when Germany plays against Portugal again I would like to request for you to please watch the game at least for the first half in order for Portugal to score at least one... then you can leave and Germany can win. But at least I wana see them score one in this championship xD Although I dont think your husband, his friends and your kids will like the idea ^.^

Will do Razz I enjoy so much, seeing their angry faces Razz

silvery wrote:

I remember Paul the Octopus yes, what a hassle! Poor Octopus, he's passed away already Sad
However coincidence, jinx or bad luck, I admit, I enjoy so much their angry faces everytime I sneak in living room Laughing bounce Ohhhhhhh how I love to anger my husband sometimes cheers lol!
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012   Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:29 am

Chloevien wrote:
I remember Paul the Octopus yes, what a hassle! Poor Octopus, he's passed away already Sad
However coincidence, jinx or bad luck, I admit, I enjoy so much their angry faces everytime I sneak in living room Laughing bounce Ohhhhhhh how I love to anger my husband sometimes cheers lol!
Lol, that's funny XD It must have worked a number of times in order for them to think this way Razz

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012   Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:25 pm

aerysa wrote:
Chloevien wrote:
Lol, that's funny XD It must have worked a number of times in order for them to think this way Razz

If I recall correctly, Paul's prediction rate was 100%
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012   Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:37 pm

rooting for portugal!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012   Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:37 am

aerysa wrote:
It has worked smoothly Razz The funny thing is, my husband and his friends are scientists, being logical are their first credo right? But they are suprisingly superstitious when it comes to soccer Wink

silvery wrote:
If I recall correctly, Paul's prediction rate was 100%
Not really, but almost. Paul has already predicted for UEFA Euro 2008 and was not 100% correct.
2010 FIFA World Cup, that was another story, Paul was good with his predictions. I said a hassle, yes, lived in Germany at that time, and I can't imagine what kind of stress Paul had, reporters here and there, oh well.....
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012   Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:58 pm

Chloevien wrote:
aerysa wrote:
It has worked smoothly Razz The funny thing is, my husband and his friends are scientists, being logical are their first credo right? But they are suprisingly superstitious when it comes to soccer Wink

Yes, after all there are guys who swear by things such as lucky underwear/socks and stuff like that when it comes to their games...

Chloevien wrote:
Not really, but almost. Paul has already predicted for UEFA Euro 2008 and was not 100% correct.
2010 FIFA World Cup, that was another story, Paul was good with his predictions. I said a hassle, yes, lived in Germany at that time, and I can't imagine what kind of stress Paul had, reporters here and there, oh well.....

I didn't know that! He only shot to fame in 2010 so that was when I heard about him.

And the group standings at the moment (I never thought there'd be a day when I'd be discussing football on a forum with ladies Wink )

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012   Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:01 pm

Chloevien wrote:
haha, I guess the two things just aren't equal! At least you get to have fun with it Wink

silvery wrote:
And the group standings at the moment (I never thought there'd be a day when I'd be discussing football on a forum with ladies Wink )
Laughing Nothing wrong with that! We can enjoy it too.

But how does this work? Do the top 2 teams from each group continue on? Also, does it go by points first and then looking at other stats?

In terms of points, it looks like quite a number of teams are tied, even though they're not in the same group.

Anyways, not sure what all the letters at the top mean... So it's kind of confusing Razz

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012   Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:54 pm

aerysa wrote:

haha, I guess the two things just aren't equal! At least you get to have fun with it Wink

Very true. go ahead and drive your husband and his friends wild.

aerysa wrote:

Laughing Nothing wrong with that! We can enjoy it too.

But how does this work? Do the top 2 teams from each group continue on? Also, does it go by points first and then looking at other stats?

In terms of points, it looks like quite a number of teams are tied, even though they're not in the same group.

Anyways, not sure what all the letters at the top mean... So it's kind of confusing Razz

New age women, we can enjoy anything we want. Razz

I believe the teams will have a match against all the other teams in their group (three matches total) and the top two teams will advance. So the points are important in your own group, for now. As for the letters, I think you can get the meaning if you scroll over them. G(for goal is the most obvious Wink )
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012   Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:18 pm

silvery wrote:
New age women, we can enjoy anything we want. Razz

I believe the teams will have a match against all the other teams in their group (three matches total) and the top two teams will advance. So the points are important in your own group, for now. As for the letters, I think you can get the meaning if you scroll over them. G(for goal is the most obvious Wink )
haha, exactly! Nothing is just "men's interests" or "women's interests" nowadays.

Ooh... So that's what the D is for! Though, I still can't figure out what this F (For) and A (Against) means... *shrugs* There's even a legend at the bottom... Totally didn't notice Embarassed
From the current points, it looks like Germany, Portugal and Czech Republic are doing the best. Though, Group C and D have played one less game than the other two (which those three are in).

Overall, looks like Germany's doing the best. They haven't lost a single game so far! So regardless of which teams win in the next games for Group C and D, they're still not as good as Germany. Smile

PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012   

Back to top Go down

Euro 2012
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next