Sweden
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
Nathye

PostSubject: Euro 2012   Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:17 am

First topic message reminder :

Well I was watching TV and happen to sew the last games between Spain vs Italy and I started to think who might win this year... I have not yet reached a conclusion but while I am thinking I decided to ask you guys about it I want to know your opinion about it.
who has more chances of going to the final?
who are the best players?

Think about it and lets see who is right in the end ^^

Ps. I couldn't put the 16 Team in the poll option so I took out some
The ones that I took out
From Team
A Czech Republic/Poland
B Netherlands
C Croatia/Republic of Ireland
D Ukraine

Teams
A CZE GRE POL RUS
B DEN GER NED POR
C ESP CRO IRL ITA
D ENG UKR FRA SWE

I saw silvery post and here is the link for the points here

Last edited by Nathye on Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012   Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:02 pm

very true. Looks like you can tell who's going to be knocked out already. But Germany's leading by the most now.

And the latest points:
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012   Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:26 am

Hm... So looks like Poland, Netherlands, Ireland and Sweden will be knocked out... Even if Sweden wins (which gives them 3 points), they're still tied for bottom perhaps.

I think the overall points don't matter as long as they continue onto the next round, but it's still a good indication of who is doing well and who isn't!

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Euro 2012   Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:10 pm

First of all I live in Germany. On June 22, 2012, my son had his "Abschussball" for graduating from Gymnasium (13 years of Schooling), The Abschlussball is really a Graduation Ceremony with dinner and entertainment. It differs from the Proms we had in the US by not having dancing. Because it was an Offical Ceremony the Graduates received there "Abitur" certificates in a ceremony. Afterwards there was a Buffet Dinner, followed by hours of staged entertainment. Sounds like a normal semi offical function right?

But on this night Germany was playing in the Quarter-Finals of the European Cup. In the hall that the ceremony took place had a balcony in the back, where in the olden days an orchestra up to and including a symphony orchestra could fit. A large screen TV was placed there so that the die hard football fans could watch the game.

The evenings festivities went on as planned until 2045 hrs (8:45 PM) when the game between Germany and Greece started. I could feel sorry for the organizers of the event. At this time just about all of the male ( and some of the female) attendees (both families and graduates) disappeared from the hall and went to watch the game on the Big screen TV. The hall once full seemed to have been half emptied. As all three of my sons left to watch the game (I'm an American and from the generation before soccer infected the US-Die hard Baseball fan-Go Braves!), I remained to watch over our hats and coats. I guess out of maybe 750 people in the hall I was one of 9 men still left.

The female students who organized the program put on a brave face and continued to march on with the program. From the Balcony came hoots and shouts as the game played on, especialy when near misses came and went. Distracting the remaining audience from the activities on the stage. Those who had pereformances that night must have been really brave to stand on that stage. Almost no one paid them any attention, what with the noise level from the Balcony and the remaining people in the hall torn between what was on the stage and the festivities surrounding the Big Screen TV. When Germany scored a gigantic victory roar erupted. When Greece scored a roar of dismay and derisiveness echoed in the hall. I can remember a brave magician on the stage doing his performance when Germany scored, It was hopeless, everyone being distracted by the game, despite the sudden roar that shook up his magic act, he continued to plug on.

The one lesson I have learned in this Brave new 21st century. Never plan an event when soccer (football) is going to be televised.

By the way Germany won 4:2 over Greece.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012   Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:12 am

tonights match seems exciting portugal vs spain!!!! both are good teams...wonder who will reach the final!!
Back to top Go down
Nathye

PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012   Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:13 am

sherlover wrote:
rooting for portugal!!

Yay makes it 2 Very Happy I am kind of watching the game Portugal vs Spain right now (there is more 20 minutes till the end of the game )... I hope Portugal wins but who knows... I'm always told that the ball is round and anything can happen Very Happy

Chloevien wrote:
@silvery wrote:
If I recall correctly, Paul's prediction rate was 100%
Not really, but almost. Paul has already predicted for UEFA Euro 2008 and was not 100% correct.
2010 FIFA World Cup, that was another story, Paul was good with his predictions. I said a hassle, yes, lived in Germany at that time, and I can't imagine what kind of stress Paul had, reporters here and there, oh well.....

Poor him... I feel sorry for him... Before the start of Euro 2012 I saw a animal like Paul (I don't think it was him) on tv... but it didn't make the right prediction ^^

PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012   Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:31 am

Portugal lost to Spain on penalties 4-2... I fell sorry for Portugal but now I hope whether Italy or Germany wins... Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012   Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:16 am

Poor Germany, Italy won. My husband has almost cried, so have his friends, even one of them has really cried affraid Rolling Eyes
It seems that Nathye's wish comes true, Portugal will finally meets Germany, at least in 'small' final:)
Back to top Go down
Nathye

PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012   Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:34 am

Chloevien wrote:
Poor Germany, Italy won. My husband has almost cried, so have his friends, even one of them has really cried affraid Rolling Eyes
It seems that Nathye's wish comes true, Portugal will finally meets Germany, at least in 'small' final:)

Haha 'small' final... that doesn't count xD 'cause if it were in the final if Portugal lost he would be 2nd but now he will be the 4th, I really have no hope of Portugal wining against Germany -.- (I'm sad to say this but it's reality).

As for the final... I hope Italy win Very Happy As long as that happens I will be happy ^^

PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012   Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:17 am

Chloevien wrote:
Were you watching it with them or something!?!? Razz

I'm not really sure who the favorite teams were, but it seems like there were a number of "upsets" or unexpected outcomes this time around.

Anyways, I'm not rooting for anyone in particular, so may the best team win. That's all I can say Laughing

PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012   Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:58 pm

@aerysa wrote:

I'm not really sure who the favorite teams were, but it seems like there were a number of "upsets" or unexpected outcomes this time around.

Anyways, I'm not rooting for anyone in particular, so may the best team win. That's all I can say Laughing

Not exactly, only turned the radio on, maybe that's why Germany lost? Shocked Razz

@Nathye wrote:
Haha 'small' final... that doesn't count xD 'cause if it were in the final if Portugal lost he would be 2nd but now he will be the 4th, I really have no hope of Portugal wining against Germany -.- (I'm sad to say this but it's reality).

I really do believe, that Portugal can beat Germany though. But we'll see who is luckier Wink Germany as far as I can 'hear' from Radio yesterday, played actually really good, but they had no luck Wink

This time I'll vote neither Spain nor Italy, just be Switzerland Neutral Cool I wish for both teams good luck cheers
Back to top Go down
Nathye

PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012   Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:59 am

Chloevien wrote:
@aerysa wrote:

Not exactly, only turned the radio on, maybe that's why Germany lost? Shocked Razz

who knows maybe it's because of just turning the radio on xD

Chloevien wrote:
@Nathye wrote:

I really do believe, that Portugal can beat Germany though. But we'll see who is luckier Wink Germany as far as I can 'hear' from Radio yesterday, played actually really good, but they had no luck Wink

This time I'll vote neither Spain nor Italy, just be Switzerland Neutral Cool I wish for both teams good luck cheers

I really prefer Italy to win this year, I know Spain is good (way better than I give credit) but I wish Spain would lose this time Very Happy ... as for Germany... well everyone knows that Germany is tough... although I still wish to see Portugal win. I have to be realistic... that may not happen ^^ (but since the ball is round everything can happen Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012   Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:04 am

@Nathye wrote:
Chloevien wrote:
Ahaha!! Maybe it is that. Your bad luck is just that powerful Razz

I'm like Switzerland on the whole thing too! Very Happy Doesn't really matter to me who wins.
Though sometimes, I hate to say it, but it depends on who the referees are... As terrible as that sounds. I can't remember what year it was, but I was watching a game between Netherlands and Brazil. And it seemed like the referees kept handing out flags/cards to the Netherlands team and not to Brazil, even when it TOTALLY looked like they should have got something!!
But yeah, as they say... Luck is also part of your skill, even if it's something you can't control XD

PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012   Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:08 am

@aerysa wrote:
@Nathye wrote:
Chloevien wrote:
Ahaha!! Maybe it is that. Your bad luck is just that powerful Razz

yup maybe it really is powerful xD

@aerysa wrote:

I'm like Switzerland on the whole thing too! Very Happy Doesn't really matter to me who wins.
Though sometimes, I hate to say it, but it depends on who the referees are... As terrible as that sounds. I can't remember what year it was, but I was watching a game between Netherlands and Brazil. And it seemed like the referees kept handing out flags/cards to the Netherlands team and not to Brazil, even when it TOTALLY looked like they should have got something!!
But yeah, as they say... Luck is also part of your skill, even if it's something you can't control XD

The referee is Portuguese Very Happy I know who he is but can't remember the name ^^

btw there will be no "final" with Germany and Portugal because there is no 3 ^^ so they are not facing each other now there is just the final ;D

PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012   Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:25 pm

@Nathye wrote:
The referee is Portuguese Very Happy I know who he is but can't remember the name ^^

btw there will be no "final" with Germany and Portugal because there is no 3 ^^ so they are not facing each other now there is just the final ;D
I wouldn't know who he is even if you gave a name Laughing

So wait, the two losing teams from the semi-final rounds don't get to play again?? I thought that was how it works, to see who comes in third place... Though really, I guess it doesn't matter since they don't win the trophy XD

PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012   Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:48 pm

@aerysa wrote:
So wait, the two losing teams from the semi-final rounds don't get to play again?? I thought that was how it works, to see who comes in third place... Though really, I guess it doesn't matter since they don't win the trophy XD

Just the world cup has a 3rd place ^^ in the Euro there's just 1st and 2nd the others are the losers xD

PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012   Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:45 am

It's half time and Spain is winning 2-0 against Italy... if Italy plans to win it's better to work really hard to change the score (2-0 is really difficult to change) but good luck Italy ^^ if you wana know minute by minute goo to this site UEFA

PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012   Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:58 am

@Nathye wrote:
Just the world cup has a 3rd place ^^ in the Euro there's just 1st and 2nd the others are the losers xD
haha, that's funny... Though if you think about it that way, since 3rd place doesn't matter, neither should 2nd. Because as they say... "2nd place is the 1st loser" Laughing

So looks like no one guessed right... And Spain won big time as the final score was 4 to 0.

Congrats to Spain! They've always been really strong at soccer/football from what I can remember. Not that I really follow sports all that much Razz

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012   Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:49 pm

Just my luck, I had to be away for a course during the last crucial week of the games... But I think the men in the course suffered more. Anyway, good for Spain! It was fun to discuss it with all of you, even if I couldn't be here for the Quarter finals onwards.
Back to top Go down
Nathye

PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012   Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:48 pm

@silvery wrote:
Just my luck, I had to be away for a course during the last crucial week of the games... But I think the men in the course suffered more. Anyway, good for Spain! It was fun to discuss it with all of you, even if I couldn't be here for the Quarter finals onwards.

It's okay you had things to do so don't worry, there was a time when I also couldn't come here ^^ yup they surelly did soffer there was even some crying (although I think it was because they lost the game Very Happy).

@aerysa wrote:
@Nathye wrote:
haha, that's funny... Though if you think about it that way, since 3rd place doesn't matter, neither should 2nd. Because as they say... "2nd place is the 1st loser" Laughing

So looks like no one guessed right... And Spain won big time as the final score was 4 to 0.

Congrats to Spain! They've always been really strong at soccer/football from what I can remember. Not that I really follow sports all that much Razz

yah right congrats to Spain Crying or Very sad they did play well even won 4 - 0 that's not easy to do in a final (although in this one it was Mad ) And yes Spain is strong they are the world Cup champion and 2 times the Euro champion ^^

Yes you are right the "2nd place is the 1st loser" and the 2nd don't like to be rewarded there was once a game I think Brazil vs Argentina (not so sure) where Brasil won and Agentina got second... So Brasil got the trophy and the gold medal while Agentina got the silver medal as soon as they got the medal they took it off... really like looser they couldn't even accept the medal ...

PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012   Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:47 am

@Nathye wrote:

I don't even know that Embarassed My husband hadn't enlightened me Mad As I asked him, when was the small final, he just laughed at me, arghhhhhhh Rolling Eyes
However, congrats to Spain. Well ladies, I believe we can talk (again) about soccer and sport soon, Olympics is almost here cheers
Back to top Go down
Nathye

PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012   Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:58 am

Chloevien wrote:
@Nathye wrote:

I don't even know that Embarassed My husband hadn't enlightened me Mad As I asked him, when was the small final, he just laughed at me, arghhhhhhh Rolling Eyes
However, congrats to Spain. Well ladies, I believe we can talk (again) about soccer and sport soon, Olympics is almost here cheers

I also didn't know but than when I asked about the game Portugal vs Germany someone told me that there's no 3rd place ^^ Another version that I heard (I don't know if it's true I didn't check) is that the one who played with the champion (in this case Spain) is the one who get's 3rd in with this logic Portugal is the 3rd. There is one last version is that the one with more points is the 3rd between Germany an Portugal. I don't know if any of it is true I have yet to search to know scratch scratch

Yah the Olympics ^^ Does anyone knows when it's going to start??

PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012   Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:14 am

The Summer Olympics begins Friday, July 27, 2012, and ends Sunday, August 12, 2012, Prof. Google told me Smile
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012   Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:18 pm

The biggest sporting event of the world! Very Happy Although I do think there's too many sports for us to discuss about... And I predict China will rake in the most, due to sheer numbers...
Back to top Go down
Nathye

PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012   Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:46 pm

@silvery wrote:
The biggest sporting event of the world! Very Happy Although I do think there's too many sports for us to discuss about... And I predict China will rake in the most, due to sheer numbers...

true to be told it's always EU of A or China or big countries like that ^^ small countries never have a change in the whole picture. What I mean is if we see the final score of medals the winner are always the big countries ^^

PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012   Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:39 am

Chloevien wrote:
Lol, maybe he doesn't want to so you don't become interested... Because we all know what happens when you watch their games Razz

@silvery wrote:
Well, we could always pick sports that are interesting to us! It's not necessary to discuss ALL of them... And yes, China usually does really well from what I can remember.

@Nathye wrote:
true to be told it's always EU of A or China or big countries like that ^^ small countries never have a change in the whole picture. What I mean is if we see the final score of medals the winner are always the big countries ^^
Definitely. They have more funding to encourage participation in all the different sporting events!! My country is big (in terms of size), but small in terms of population Laughing And we're more a winter country, so we never do really well at the Summer Olympics. But we are proud of the fact that we show improvement! ^^

PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012   

Back to top Go down

Euro 2012
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next