Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
blesses
Not So New
Not So New

PostSubject: Discover Online Manga   Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

What's your story?
I'm curious as to how people discovered the world of online manga.

I first discovered the world of online manga about 6 years ago when I was still in middle school. I was borrowing manga at my local library, one of which was right next to my school =) However, many mangas were slow in being published in english. My friend introduced me to a site that she found which was how I got started on online manga. I found lots of sites back then (but have now shut down), except anime-eden which was connected to Mangafox. Still visit mangafox now too.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Discover Online Manga   Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:47 am

rayghiemay wrote:
right now i'm reading manga at mangareader using all mangas reader's extension/program (sorry i dunno the right term) Embarassed so i can read manga in pdf-like form (no need to hit the "next page" anymore haha! Laughing
Whaaat! There's an program thing like that?! I always just read it directly on the reader thing where you have to hit "next page"... haha, it's super annoying when a random page decides to misbehave and not work.

Usually I read stuff on MangaFox, but then when that happens, I jump over to Mangareader... Cuz I'm such an impatient person like that Laughing

PostSubject: Re: Discover Online Manga   Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:45 pm

@aerysa:
-go to allmangasreader.net
-on the top right you will see an "install now" sign. click it.
-after you download it, go to google chrome's setting>extensions
-find the file you downloaded and simply drag it to that part (extension)

... and poof!! check out your fave manga on any (supported AMR websites) enjoy! Very Happy Very Happy

"Fear can only ruin your life if you will allow for it to. In our lives we can try to bypass our fears by staying away from them as much as possible, but to truly conquer each fear we must step up to it, and take it on. We can only defeat something if we are willing to compete against it, and with a strong heart, a determined attitude, and an unbreakable will, there is nothing in this world we can't defeat if we give it our all."

afro
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Discover Online Manga   Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:59 am

Thanks rayghiemay! I'll have to try that sometime so I can avoid all that wasted load time Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Discover Online Manga   Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:19 pm

you're welcome Very Happy
anyway, just so you'd get excited, it should look like this:

enjoy Smile Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

"Fear can only ruin your life if you will allow for it to. In our lives we can try to bypass our fears by staying away from them as much as possible, but to truly conquer each fear we must step up to it, and take it on. We can only defeat something if we are willing to compete against it, and with a strong heart, a determined attitude, and an unbreakable will, there is nothing in this world we can't defeat if we give it our all."

afro
Back to top Go down
jollychick
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Discover Online Manga   Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:08 am

silvery wrote:
My brother introduced me to OneManga back when they were still hosting manga on their sites. And since I desperately needed my manga fixes, I became a fixture of sorts there. When they removed the manga, I floated off to MangaFox before coming to Manga Traders. I also went to certain group sites and Manga Avenue too. More or less floated around looking for manga...
This is so similar to mine it's crazy Shocked! My brother introduced me to OneManga but I found MangaFox one day. Since they had more of the genre I was looking for I stayed there for a while. I moved to Manga Traders because some groups who translated my favorite series were really irregular with their releases. It was easier to check Manga Traders for it than to go to each group's site. Now that Manga Traders has a reader, I'm pretty much always there Embarassed.
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Discover Online Manga   Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:26 pm

jollychick wrote:
silvery wrote:
My brother introduced me to OneManga back when they were still hosting manga on their sites. And since I desperately needed my manga fixes, I became a fixture of sorts there. When they removed the manga, I floated off to MangaFox before coming to Manga Traders. I also went to certain group sites and Manga Avenue too. More or less floated around looking for manga...
This is so similar to mine it's crazy Shocked! My brother introduced me to OneManga but I found MangaFox one day. Since they had more of the genre I was looking for I stayed there for a while. I moved to Manga Traders because some groups who translated my favorite series were really irregular with their releases. It was easier to check Manga Traders for it than to go to each group's site. Now that Manga Traders has a reader, I'm pretty much always there Embarassed.

That really is similar Very Happy amazing what a person will do for the love of manga Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discover Online Manga   Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:59 am

A friend from school introduced me to naruto & bleach, and I started reading chapters on bleachexile. But then switched to onemanga which had a better search engine. About half a year later mangafox was launched and since their search engine was quite good I also started read there. Later on onemanga removed all their manga, and I switched entirely to mangafox. Now days I don't stick to any specific mangareader, I read anywhere I can find HQs & unread manga of the tags: josei & romance or shoujo, drama & romance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discover Online Manga   Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:50 pm

I had a friend introduce me to manga as a freshman in high school before it became as main stream as it is now. And when I transferred schools I met another person who collected as well and she introduced me to scanlation and hosting sites, most of which are gone now. For the most part I only visited ten occasionally till I became an avid collector of manga and the publishers couldn't keep up with me. So back I went to the Internet to get ahead on favorite series and discover new ones. I'll admit my friends have gotten embarrassed a couple times going into book stores with me when I discover one or more of my online favorites have been licensed. Though I'll admit there have been more then a couple times when I have bought the "professional" translations and just gone well that suck the scanlation was so much better done.
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Discover Online Manga   Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:45 am

mokona wrote:
I had a friend introduce me to manga as a freshman in high school before it became as main stream as it is now. And when I transferred schools I met another person who collected as well and she introduced me to scanlation and hosting sites, most of which are gone now. For the most part I only visited ten occasionally till I became an avid collector of manga and the publishers couldn't keep up with me. So back I went to the Internet to get ahead on favorite series and discover new ones. I'll admit my friends have gotten embarrassed a couple times going into book stores with me when I discover one or more of my online favorites have been licensed. Though I'll admit there have been more then a couple times when I have bought the "professional" translations and just gone well that suck the scanlation was so much better done.

The thing about scanlations are that they're done by fans for fans. So the amount of effort, time and love that goes into their works are sometimes more than the publishers... Of course we do get lousy scans as well but I think majority of the scans i find online are getting better and better. Technology plays a part, I guess.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discover Online Manga   Sun May 05, 2013 2:46 pm

Its really just a simple way, got bored one day found a manga awhile back on OneManga stayed their till they took away the reader and move to Batoto where I've been since.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discover Online Manga   Sat May 11, 2013 12:34 pm

It all started with anime which then became a manga obsession....i began with animes i really liked and read them in their original manga version which i really loved!!! I found hanakimi on onemanga, had a vampire knight marathon..omg i read so many chapters that i didn't sleep at all and then had to get up early the following day, so many manga's such little time...then i migrated to mangafox when onemanga was shut down and now use mangahere mostly.
Back to top Go down
nippergryph2

PostSubject: Re: Discover Online Manga   Sun May 12, 2013 1:56 am

My sister was into anime and she got me started on that. Then I found out that many of the anime were based on manga so I was hooked. I started on I think Narutomangadownload, goldlillys and stoptazmo.
Back to top Go down
shngml

PostSubject: Re: Discover Online Manga   Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:47 pm

If I remember correctly, I started with downloading first. Then found out about all these websites that I can read manga online. The one that I am most familiar with was onemanga, but that site is no longer available.
Back to top Go down
Veramonte
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Discover Online Manga   Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:36 pm

Never knew this thread exist Very Happy

Everything started in onemanga! Back in the days, it was still hosting manga. I did not really remember how it all started, but I think I was searching for bleach. Then I kinda got attached to it because of Immortal Regis ^^
Back to top Go down
amayahime

PostSubject: The discovery of online manga...   Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:49 pm

I first read manga in middle school and was like "I'll check online for more stories to read." I was just looking for what kind of manga to buy and where to go or something like that. Never really thought of reading them online. My first site was mangafox and then onemanga. Then I realized downloading them worked too because I found stoptazmo. These things opened up my world of manga to the ones I cannot access at a book store. I was very happy and still am. I'm still finding new things online about manga and anime online after these 6 years, only a year ago did I actually start going to the scan sites. So thanks for everything internet world.Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
MielCanela

PostSubject: Re: Discover Online Manga   Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:05 pm

I discovered it so long ago I don't even remember. I probably was in high school though. I started reading manga when tokyopop was still around and pretty new but I got tired of waiting for new volumes to come out and went online and voila, I found online manga. cheers 
Back to top Go down
salamand

PostSubject: Re: Discover Online Manga   Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:15 pm

At first I watched animes in my own language, but the selection was really poor and most of the projects were unfinished. So, I skipped to online anime in English, but there were still a lot of unfinished projects, and that was the time I discovered the bliss of reading manga, more particularly online manga. I am hooked ever since!
Back to top Go down
izumi
Cool User
Cool User

PostSubject: Re: Discover Online Manga   Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:39 pm

My online manga discovery was differently within the first few weeks of college, with having my own laptop. It was a link i forgotten where but it lead me to Spectrum Nexus and from there I gradually branch out. It was easier than having to watch youtube clips of manga.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discover Online Manga   

Back to top Go down

Discover Online Manga
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2