Download Scanlations from SMScans Here

BlogHomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Romance Anime suggestions...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Romance Anime suggestions...   Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:47 pm

Sorry if this has been posted before but I noticed this becoming a topic in chat. What anime would you recommend for the rommance addict?

My personal favorite is The story of Sainunkoku. So many hot guys to pick from.....and lots of different personalities....
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Romance Anime suggestions...   Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:05 am

I haven't noticed if this was started as a thread.

Hm... Honestly, I don't watch much anime at all, so all my references are relatively old. I don't know if there are any series that are "strictly" romance, but a lot of them incorporate as a subplot. So it depends on what you like as a "side" genre... If that makes sense at all Rolling Eyes

Anyways, titles I can think of that I liked that had romance elements in it...

1) Nodame Cantabile. I really liked the interaction between Nodame and Chiaki and how the relationship between the two of them develops. Also, I liked listening to all the music that they "played" since it's set in a music school.
2) La Corda D'oro. I don't recall how much romance romance was in this one since it's based on an otome game, but there are hints of it. And again, I liked listening to the music with this one... haha~
3) Honey and Clover. A slice of life series about Hagu and the guys she meets at an art school which she attends and her relative teaches at. This one is more serious/dramatic, though it does have its comic moments. I can't remember if I watched both seasons, but I remember it being something fresh and different.
4) Magic Knight Rayearth. It's CLAMP! So how can it not be awesome?! Laughing Well, I liked this one the most out of the ones I've watched out of their work. Cardcaptor Sakura is too kiddy, cutesy to me though it does have its romance in it. This one mixes some of everything in it - fantasy, action/adventure, romance...

And that's all I can think of.

But yes, I really liked Saiunkoku! I just never finished watching it... XD I've been meaning too, but I struggle to find time to do so. I still haven't been able to pick a favorite guy from that series cuz like you said, so many hot guys Razz

Not So New
Not So New

PostSubject: Re: Romance Anime suggestions...   Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:00 pm

Hmm a very good romance in anime is kinda rare, how about:

- Kimi ni todoke
- Romeo x Juliet -> full romance xD and a bit of action
- Fruit basket
- Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou -> hilarious romance comedy Smile

Back to top Go down
http://goukanatokoro.wordpress.com/
swedesamurai
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Romance Anime suggestions...   Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:48 pm

I Still think that Itazura na Kiss is one of the better ones Naoki Irie the male protagonist is like so many of the male protagonists in Harlequins. He's super sucessful at everything he does, he is cold, he has the highest standards possible....then this cutesy, klutzy, not so bright girls makes him her target. I mean so many of the "mean" scenes could have come out of a Harlequin.

Gotta aggree with you on all the interations Nodame Cantible - Nodame and Chiaki are good and the music is great. I just wish it (both the animie and the manga) ended better. Instead of Chiaki standing dumbly in the church - lame ending.

Kimi ni Todoke is such a great animie - I still read the manga because I want to know what becomes of everyone. I really liked how the 2nd season (animie)ended.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Romance Anime suggestions...   Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:09 am

I am not too fond of "It started with a kiss because I dislike the way the heorine is stupid and the main character is so cold." The kdrama is much worse....I wish they would finish fruits basket.
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Romance Anime suggestions...   Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:59 am

swedesamurai wrote:
Gotta aggree with you on all the interations Nodame Cantible - Nodame and Chiaki are good and the music is great. I just wish it (both the animie and the manga) ended better. Instead of Chiaki standing dumbly in the church - lame ending.
Is that what happened at the end of the manga? I didn't read all of it, but watched the anime. I know the manga wasn't finished at the time, so I didn't think too much of the anime ending because of that. But yeah, the characters and everything else was really great.

PostSubject: Re: Romance Anime suggestions...   Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:15 am

have you checked the latest KIDS ON THE SLOPE...aka sakamichi no apollon it is earning a lot of praises now a days...have great elements of friendship music and romance...typical slice of life...

my all time fav is SKIP Beat..special a..kaichou wa maidsama
Back to top Go down
Nathye

PostSubject: Re: Romance Anime suggestions...   Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:29 am

sherlover wrote:
have you checked the latest KIDS ON THE SLOPE...aka sakamichi no apollon it is earning a lot of praises now a days...have great elements of friendship music and romance...typical slice of life...

I have to check it out (have never heard about it).

As for favorites kaichou wa maid-sama and La Corda D'oro although the last one (La Corda D'oro) the anime (2 seasons) had a rather strange ending (for me)... All I can say I didn't like the ending and I heard there will be no season 3 so bad xD but the manga is still ongoing if I am not mistaken.
I also like The one is pretty nice 2 Very Happy

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Romance Anime suggestions...   Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:24 pm

aerysa wrote:
swedesamurai wrote:
Is that what happened at the end of the manga? I didn't read all of it, but watched the anime. I know the manga wasn't finished at the time, so I didn't think too much of the anime ending because of that. But yeah, the characters and everything else was really great.

Yes, the ending was a little lame... but then they picked it up with another two additional books, Opera Hen. But again, the ending is left hanging, even though there's some progress. So for those who like neat/ happy endings (like in HQ), don't expect it.

I think I mentioned it before but I'd recommend Lovely Complex. It's more rom-com, but when it gets romantic, it really makes you go awww~ all round good feeling Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Romance Anime suggestions...   Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:31 pm

sherlover wrote:

I have not heard of Kids on the slope...I will have to check that one out. I have watched Skip Beat, Special A and Kaichou wa maidsams. I like those three. What is Kids on the slope about?
Back to top Go down
Nathye

PostSubject: Re: Romance Anime suggestions...   Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:58 am

Algenon wrote:
I have not heard of Kids on the slope...I will have to check that one out. I have watched Skip Beat, Special A and Kaichou wa maidsams. I like those three. What is Kids on the slope about?

Now that you ask... what is Kids on the slope about? I have no idea ^^ And let me tell you I have read the same phase more than a couple of times and I never saw what was really written in there xD

PostSubject: Re: Romance Anime suggestions...   Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:30 am

sherlover wrote:

Like everyone else is asking... What IS Kids on the Slope?! I've never heard of it Laughing

Oooh, I really like Skip Beat! too. Except the anime wasn't that good... Since they only had one season and it got cut off. There was no real ending. At least, it didn't get anywhere... But I really love the manga.

silvery wrote:
Yes, the ending was a little lame... but then they picked it up with another two additional books, Opera Hen. But again, the ending is left hanging, even though there's some progress. So for those who like neat/ happy endings (like in HQ), don't expect it.
Oh one of those... It kind of depends on the series and how it leads up to the ending. Sometimes I don't mind that it's more open ended, but other times I want there to be complete closure. Like how sometimes stories just end with them together at that moment where others include a so-called epilogue and show "3 years later" or whatever timeline they decide. I like those more when I really liked the characters Razz

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Romance Anime suggestions...   Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:44 pm

aerysa wrote:

Like everyone else is asking... What IS Kids on the Slope?! I've never heard of it Laughing

i'd never heard of it either but the internet is your friend Smile

Kids on an slope

aerysa wrote:
Oooh, I really like Skip Beat! too. Except the anime wasn't that good... Since they only had one season and it got cut off. There was no real ending. At least, it didn't get anywhere... But I really love the manga.

I have yet to catch up... For some reason the story didn't appeal to me even though I loved the mangaka's previous work, Tokyo Crazy Paradise. Time to try again, I suppose.

aerysa wrote:

Oh one of those... It kind of depends on the series and how it leads up to the ending. Sometimes I don't mind that it's more open ended, but other times I want there to be complete closure. Like how sometimes stories just end with them together at that moment where others include a so-called epilogue and show "3 years later" or whatever timeline they decide. I like those more when I really liked the characters Razz

I agree. I don't mind open endings if you're going to revisit the characters again, but sometimes I hate to be left hanging... But there are times when you read a story and you think: "this ending is just right!" regardless of whether it's open or closed.
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Romance Anime suggestions...   Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:36 pm

silvery wrote:
i'd never heard of it either but the internet is your friend Smile

Kids on an slope
Ooh, that sounds like it might be pretty interesting! Jazz music background... Seems pretty slice of life to me though, so maybe a little more on the serious side?

silvery wrote:
I have yet to catch up... For some reason the story didn't appeal to me even though I loved the mangaka's previous work, Tokyo Crazy Paradise. Time to try again, I suppose.
I super love Tokyo Crazy Paradise! It's just too bad the quality of the scanlations are in pretty rough shape... Lol, the ones that I could find anyways. They're always on the dirty/messy end. But at least I can read it. I wish they licensed that one... I would totally get it.

Oh really? What about the story didn't you like? I guess for one thing, there are a LOT more characters in this one that TCP. Like a lot of the people Kyoko ends up meeting, they have pretty much "disappeared". There are so many side stories too, that a lot of them get lost. I'm not sure how far you've read... So I don't want to say too much Razz

silvery wrote:
I agree. I don't mind open endings if you're going to revisit the characters again, but sometimes I hate to be left hanging... But there are times when you read a story and you think: "this ending is just right!" regardless of whether it's open or closed.
Yeah, another way to revisit characters is to have a series, but ultimately, it depends on the individual story. That said, in general, I prefer it to be closed XD Like when you read a manga and all that happens is that they (finally!) got together without all the issues between them. "What happens after?!?! That's it?! Shocked "

Lol, that's generally my reaction because I think it's super cute to see if they have like kids and stuff like that... Depending on the characters XD

PostSubject: Re: Romance Anime suggestions...   Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:14 am

Algenon wrote:
sherlover wrote:

its about how two guys meet..how one of them discovers the beauty of jazz and how they both face their love lives and how their journey supporting each other continues..i usually am not a fan of slice of life themes but this one is really heart touching and deals with realistic aspects
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Romance Anime suggestions...   Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:24 pm

aerysa wrote:

Ooh, that sounds like it might be pretty interesting! Jazz music background... Seems pretty slice of life to me though, so maybe a little more on the serious side?

It does, doesn't it? Well, so far sherlover appears to be the only one who's watched it before...

aerysa wrote:

I super love Tokyo Crazy Paradise! It's just too bad the quality of the scanlations are in pretty rough shape... Lol, the ones that I could find anyways. They're always on the dirty/messy end. But at least I can read it. I wish they licensed that one... I would totally get it.

Oh really? What about the story didn't you like? I guess for one thing, there are a LOT more characters in this one that TCP. Like a lot of the people Kyoko ends up meeting, they have pretty much "disappeared". There are so many side stories too, that a lot of them get lost. I'm not sure how far you've read... So I don't want to say too much Razz

Yeah, I loved Tokyo Crazy Paradise too! Although I kept thinking the leads looked too old to be fourteen... but that may have been a lost in translation kinda thing...

I'm not sure why exactly, maybe I just felt that her reason for getting into showbiz (revenge) was kinda shallow and weak. I felt that she was shallow and weak. And I didn't really care for the things she was doing, so I kinda lost interest in it pretty fast. Well, tastes change over the years, maybe it's time for another try.

aerysa wrote:

Yeah, another way to revisit characters is to have a series, but ultimately, it depends on the individual story. That said, in general, I prefer it to be closed XD Like when you read a manga and all that happens is that they (finally!) got together without all the issues between them. "What happens after?!?! That's it?! Shocked "

Lol, that's generally my reaction because I think it's super cute to see if they have like kids and stuff like that... Depending on the characters XD

Lol, I get that kind of feeling too. An example would be Daa! Daa! Daa! The story was sweet and the ending was cliched and expected so I didn't mind but the sequel, Shin Daa! Daa! Daa!'s ending didn't appeal that much. The timing of everything also felt wrong...

Oh, Ouran High School Host Club is another romantic comedy that I'd recommend. But I think the manga is way better than the anime.
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Romance Anime suggestions...   Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:48 pm

silvery wrote:
Yeah, I loved Tokyo Crazy Paradise too! Although I kept thinking the leads looked too old to be fourteen... but that may have been a lost in translation kinda thing...

I'm not sure why exactly, maybe I just felt that her reason for getting into showbiz (revenge) was kinda shallow and weak. I felt that she was shallow and weak. And I didn't really care for the things she was doing, so I kinda lost interest in it pretty fast. Well, tastes change over the years, maybe it's time for another try.
Oh my goooosh, right!? I thought he was 13... But 13/14, what's the diff? Anyways, he totally does NOT look his age!! Honestly, none of them do. And he knows things/does things that kids his age aren't supposed to know/do... Or maybe it was just the time period since it was set in the future? LOL, who knows?

Oh... Well, that part is kind of weak yes, but I still think it's pretty interesting! haha, one of those things that you just want to know - even if it's shallow. It's been a while since I read it (from the beginning), so I can't remember all that much.

silvery wrote:
Lol, I get that kind of feeling too. An example would be Daa! Daa! Daa! The story was sweet and the ending was cliched and expected so I didn't mind but the sequel, Shin Daa! Daa! Daa!'s ending didn't appeal that much. The timing of everything also felt wrong...
I guess it was one of those ones where they didn't need to have a continuation, but were trying to milk the series for all it's worth? I hate it when they do that...

PostSubject: Re: Romance Anime suggestions...   Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:43 am

aerysa wrote:
silvery wrote:

Oh my goooosh, right!? I thought he was 13... But 13/14, what's the diff? Anyways, he totally does NOT look his age!! Honestly, none of them do. And he knows things/does things that kids his age aren't supposed to know/do... Or maybe it was just the time period since it was set in the future? LOL, who knows?

Oh... Well, that part is kind of weak yes, but I still think it's pretty interesting! haha, one of those things that you just want to know - even if it's shallow. It's been a while since I read it (from the beginning), so I can't remember all that much.

haha I really loved the her final fight and the afterward when she just would hit everyone that associated her with her mother or something like that, I read it a long time so I don't remember the details... But it sure was a nice read...

And yes that kid was definitely NOT a kid... there is no way that a kid like that would exist in real world, right?

aerysa wrote:
silvery wrote:
I guess it was one of those ones where they didn't need to have a continuation, but were trying to milk the series for all it's worth? I hate it when they do that...

Ah I don't know that one is it good?

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Romance Anime suggestions...   Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:03 pm

aerysa wrote:

Nathye wrote:
haha I really loved the her final fight and the afterward when she just would hit everyone that associated her with her mother or something like that, I read it a long time so I don't remember the details... But it sure was a nice read...

And yes that kid was definitely NOT a kid... there is no way that a kid like that would exist in real world, right?

Which was why I was hoping it was a mistake in the translation... High school first year (16) sounds more plausible than middle school first year...

aerysa wrote:

I suppose it's a mark of a good mangaka that you would want to find out what happens next even when the plot is somewhat weak.

aerysa wrote:

Well, the story was cute and they'd treated it as a sequel to the original, but I still felt like the ending was some what forced.

@Nathye
Daa! Daa! Daa! is the story about an alien baby landing on earth and how the two main characters look after him and try to keep his alien powers a secret. very cute. I think the English version of the anime was called UFO Baby
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Romance Anime suggestions...   Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:19 pm

silvery wrote:
Nathye wrote:

Which was why I was hoping it was a mistake in the translation... High school first year (16) sounds more plausible than middle school first year...
I guess you wouldn't really know unless you had access to the raws, but *shrugs* It's minor detail. Everything else was good. There were so many funny scenes in it XD Like the when she got "sick" and was acting all girly... And creeping everyone out!

silvery wrote:
I suppose it's a mark of a good mangaka that you would want to find out what happens next even when the plot is somewhat weak.
Lol, it's more like giving her the benefit of the doubt that it'll be awesome since I liked TCP that much Razz But yes, I really like Skip Beat! too.

silvery wrote:
@Nathye
Daa! Daa! Daa! is the story about an alien baby landing on earth and how the two main characters look after him and try to keep his alien powers a secret. very cute. I think the English version of the anime was called UFO Baby
Ahaha... Alien baby... That sounds pretty funny. Kind of reminds me of Aishiteruze Baby, though the baby wasn't an alien Razz

PostSubject: Re: Romance Anime suggestions...   Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:25 am

has anyone heard of natsuki rendevous here...its good but only two episodes have come out.
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Romance Anime suggestions...   Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:54 pm

sherlover wrote:
has anyone heard of natsuki rendevous here...its good but only two episodes have come out.

No, I haven't. What's the story about?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Romance Anime suggestions...   Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:32 pm

silvery wrote:
sherlover wrote:

No, I haven't. What's the story about?
a guy falls in love with a florist who is a widow...he later finds out that the widow's husband's soul lingers at the florists place and only this guy can see him thus he tries to win the florist when the ghost tries to scare him off initially thats the story till episode 3..this anime is josei and has some intimate scenes
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Romance Anime suggestions...   Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:02 pm

sherlover wrote:

a guy falls in love with a florist who is a widow...he later finds out that the widow's husband's soul lingers at the florists place and only this guy can see him thus he tries to win the florist when the ghost tries to scare him off initially thats the story till episode 3..this anime is josei and has some intimate scenes

That sounds interesting. Maybe I'll give it a try when the whole series is out. I don't like waiting too long for an episode... I tend to forget what's going on... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Romance Anime suggestions...   Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:29 pm

silvery wrote:
That sounds interesting. Maybe I'll give it a try when the whole series is out. I don't like waiting too long for an episode... I tend to forget what's going on... Rolling Eyes
I know what you mean!! Having to wait a week or whatever it is... Then you have to go back and watch it all over again to remind yourself what happened... Rolling Eyes

Actually, it does sound really interesting! It reminds me of this one manga I read before, but I can't remember the name of it.

Though, maybe it's a bit like Full Moon wo Sagashite too. Since there was a haunting spirit in that series...

PostSubject: Re: Romance Anime suggestions...   

Back to top Go down

Romance Anime suggestions...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next