BlogHomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Romance Anime suggestions...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Romance Anime suggestions...   Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

Sorry if this has been posted before but I noticed this becoming a topic in chat. What anime would you recommend for the rommance addict?

My personal favorite is The story of Sainunkoku. So many hot guys to pick from.....and lots of different personalities....
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Romance Anime suggestions...   Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:59 am

Hmmm. In anime I say Fushigi Yuugi- although if your not a fan of a helpless main girl character then I don't recommend it. Hana Yori Dango, Special A, Skip Beat, Angelique series, Harukanaru Toki no Naka de, Library Wars, maybe Hakuouki, or Hanasakeru Seishounen.
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Romance Anime suggestions...   Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:35 pm

shngml wrote:
Hmmm. In anime I say Fushigi Yuugi- although if your not a fan of a helpless main girl character then I don't recommend it. Hana Yori Dango, Special A, Skip Beat, Angelique series, Harukanaru Toki no Naka de, Library Wars, maybe Hakuouki, or Hanasakeru Seishounen.

Wow, that's quite a list of manga you're recommending there. Thanks. I've read and watched quite a few of those so I guess I can say they're an acquired taste...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Romance Anime suggestions...   Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:13 pm

Romance anime? If you're a fan of CLAMP and you practically know the majority of their mangas/stories, then try Kobato. I know the crossover thing was done in Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles but Kobato gives a little twist to that.

Kimi ni Todoke is great. It's also finished already. The anime at least. If you haven't checked that out yet, you should try it. It's nice. If you're interested, you can also check out the live-action movie equivalent of the story. It's not bad.

Lovely Complex is okay too. If you don't mind the guy being shorter than the girl Smile

I don't know if you're familiar with this anime but I've always loved St. Tail. A Robinhood type story where the girl transforms into a mischievous magician, St. Tail, and steals back what was stolen to return it to the proper owners. Loved watching that as a kid.

Hanasaku Iroha is pretty recent but focuses more on the life of the girl rather than the romance. The animation is great though. You might want to check it out.

Toradora is a definite MUST watch. It's really great. The characters in the story react according to their situations in a way that make it seem realistic. Because of that, you'll find yourself sympathizing with the characters. At least, that's what happened when I watched it. The storyline is great and it's slice-of-life but not too hard on the drama. It's bearable.

The others I'm thinking of have already been suggested by the other users. I'll try and think of some other titles that I might have forgotten. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Romance Anime suggestions...   Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:19 pm

Lol, I'm craving for Natsuyuki Rendezvous too! The manga is so nice.

Well, on topic, the best romance I've come across is Itazura Na Kiss. I'm not fan of crybabies, but I admit she did her best. And I love the fact that it's like "Coming of Age", that makes it beautiful.

Hanasakeru Seishonen has a very nice heroine. Love all the guys excepting Rumati (kinda stubborn for me).

Skip Beat!. Nakamura Yoshiki sure knows how to make people laugh. It's sad that some characters in the manga, like Reino (The Beagle), aren't in the anime.

Uragiri wa Boku no Namae o Shitteiru. Really, don't worry about the Shounen-ai tag, it's very nice and full of bishies. Added to the action, I'm crazy about the way love is portrayed, like full of sacrifices, passion, everlasting.

Bokura ga Ita. Even though I don't like it to death, this definitely made me cry. It's so painful and full of misunderstandings. Great for a drama-lover.

Vampire Knight. Many people dislike it for the heroine, but talking about romance it's quite nice. For one side we have the patient lover, the one who does everything for you, is waiting for you, and loves you from the shadows; on the other side, the action lover, romantic, passionate, direct person with a dark touch.

Hakuouki Shinsengumi Kitan series. It has a nice and well done historical background mixed with fantasy. Starring a group of male characters interesting outside and inside, we can get in touch with Japanese culture in an easy way.

For mature audience.
Nana. Love it! It has the amount of drama that we need, with lots of situations that make you think it twice. The characters are realistic, full of flaws and moved by desires many times. Acclimated with a musical background, it's perfect for a josei fan.

Paradise Kiss. From the same author of Nana, it's worth of your time. Featuring realism, it knows how to reveal the human nature, their dreams, hopes, and instincts. In my humble opinion, it follows a great plot and the best ending I could think of.

Back to top Go down
swedesamurai
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Romance Animie Suggesstions-Part II   Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:01 am

I talked about several here and my opinions of them remain the same: However these ones are also good IMHO:

1. Skip Beat - Really good animie - The manga arcs that follow on at first are really good but now they have been moving into some really dark areas-This is really turning out to be a heavy manga.
2. Toradora - Who could not find the feisty Palm Top Tiger Cute?
3. Kaichou wa Maid-sama - I found this funny but the guy is dead serious about the girl.
5. Peach Girl - This is a really dramatic Love Story. Really Good in My Opinion.
6. Lamune - If you ever had a Childhood Friend that you had a Crush on this one will move you. Some sad Parts.
7. Itazura na Kiss - This is one of my most beloved Animies. Kokoro and Irie's convoluted story is well done.
8. His And Her Circumstances - What can I say a classic.
9. Da Capo - Serius and interesting too many choices for one guy.
10. Clannad and Clannad After Story - The saddest Love Story I've ever watched. Watched it one time and haven't had the courage to see it again.
11. Ah! My Goddess - Love transcends godesses and demons and idiots.
12. Ai Yori Aoshi & Ai Yori Aoshi-Enishi - The first "animie" that I watched got me hooked. What man doesn't want a girl like Aoi? (Read the Manga to see how this story ends it is worth it!)
13. Lovely Complex - Good Romantic Comedy and also good on the romance side as well.
14. Love Hina - How a loser becomes an winner - through love. Lots of Temptation to take esier ways out. Funny.
15. Maburaho - OK it's a stupid cartoon level animie (almost mina) but I liked it. Not complex like Nejima.
16. Mahoraba - Heartful Days - Real simple easy to watch
17. Princess Lover - Intense - Good
18. Special A - You gotta give the NUMBER TWO credit for trying. Funny-Serious-enjoyable.
19. Valkyria Chronicles - Intense Love story in war.
20. Gosick - Nicely done -One of my favourites of the newer animies.
21. Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi - It's sad that the guy breaks the hearts of two girls on his way to his Love. Well done.
22. Mamoru-kun ni Megami no Shukufuku wo - Light entertainment - Magic Love- adventure.
23. School Rumble - Three way romance and comedy what more.
24. Stars Chronicles - Old animie - more for guys but the relationships between the main protagonists both Male and Female develop well over the three series.
25. Tonagura! - How to love a pervert (And Enjoy it!)
26. Whisper of the Heart - One of my favourite animie movies - girl meets boy - love ensues. Great Art!
27. Mayo Chiki - Relationship with crossdressing girl. Funny but nice.
28. Mashiro Iro Symphony - Good and mushy.
29. Kobato - Romance not important till end of story but it ties the whole series together.
30. Shuffle! - Come on guy chose one of the four will ya. He does- Funny and intense at the same time.
31. Tayutama-Kiss on my Deity - The marriage ceremony is worth tons of tissues.
32. To Heart- All Interations - Simple old School romance.
33. UFO Princess Valkyrie - I know it's stupid but I liked it. so there!!!

These are just a few of the animies that I've watched with romance in them. I've left out some obvious ones like Tenshi-Muyo and others because well harem ones just mean that there is a indecisive weak guy in the middle. Things like Ah! My Goodess- Moriaty loves Bel-Dandy no matter what. Like wise in Love Hina; I brought Shuffle! to this because some of episodes are intense and really good for a harem romance animie.

Although I like animies they can not compete with a good manga. This may be off topic but try reading these two mangas:

Kare First Love
Private Prince

They are like somewhat simliar to Harlequins in that the have a Alpha Male guy - A shy heroine- Happy Ending.

Back to top Go down
ceres0413
Cool User
Cool User

PostSubject: Re: Romance Anime suggestions...   Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:47 pm

for those who loved Lovely complex, School rumble is a must watch ! So many awkward situations with a lot of comedy. I love it !!
Hakuouki is also a good anime !
And i almost forgot Uta Prince (lot of bishies but the main character is a bit like Kaho in Corda d'oro
Back to top Go down
Duchess
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Trying to get into anime again   Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:36 am

I've watched a lot of anime over the years but I only watch Naruto and Bleach now, I want new romance manga that's not childish with 12 yr old looking character trying to pass as adults. I'd like an interesting story like Nana without that tragedy though

Check-out Colorful Shoe Prints

Bespoke Cakes for your Memorable Occasions
Back to top Go down
Nathye

PostSubject: Re: Romance Anime suggestions...   Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:46 am

Duchess wrote:
I've watched a lot of anime over the years but I only watch Naruto and Bleach now, I want new romance manga that's not childish with 12 yr old looking character trying to pass as adults. I'd like an interesting story like Nana without that tragedy though

I understand the feeling I don't know how many animes I have seen but right now I just watch Naruto and even this one I haven't seen for a long time. And about the manga I have seen so many that I can't stand childish plots anymore I want something new or something like that.

PostSubject: Re: Romance Anime suggestions...   Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:29 pm

Duchess wrote:
I know what you mean! I pretty much stopped watching all anime... Just because I can't find anything that keeps my attention. I rather read the manga if there is one and even then, those shoujo high school/junior high stories are just... Ugh.

It seems like lately, there's so many animes that are based on otome games... Hakuouki, Uta-pri... I guess they know that hot guys sell when it comes to female interest Laughing

PostSubject: Re: Romance Anime suggestions...   Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:04 am

aerysa wrote:

I know what you mean! I pretty much stopped watching all anime... Just because I can't find anything that keeps my attention. I rather read the manga if there is one and even then, those shoujo high school/junior high stories are just... Ugh.

It seems like lately, there's so many animes that are based on otome games... Hakuouki, Uta-pri... I guess they know that hot guys sell when it comes to female interest Laughing

They do research to see what are is the interest of females and males of all ages and then they will just "play" with it and make things that catch our interest. whether it is manga anime clothes toys all sort of things they just make things that are more likely to sell. and we just buy those things. ^^

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Romance Anime suggestions...   Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:37 am

aerysa wrote:

Agreeing with you too. I end up watching either older anime or shounen anime since I don't really relate to kids half my age anymore...
Oh, yeah, I heard about those too. Usually if I see a reverse harem anime, I usually wonder if it was based on an otome game... Mangas usually have two or three love rivals at the most...
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Romance Anime suggestions...   Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:37 pm

silvery wrote:
Agreeing with you too. I end up watching either older anime or shounen anime since I don't really relate to kids half my age anymore...
Oh, yeah, I heard about those too. Usually if I see a reverse harem anime, I usually wonder if it was based on an otome game... Mangas usually have two or three love rivals at the most...
I haven't watched anime in maybe a year? I don't even know, but yeah... I don't relate to kids at all ^^;;

Yup, you're probably right that it is if you see reverse harem. And of course when it's popular, they permeate into the manga world too.

The ones that I can think of that were turned into anime and/or manga.
- Hakuouki (seems to be the hugest one right now)
- Hiiro no Kakera (I think is getting it's own anime soon)
- Uta no Prince-sama (Uta-pri)
- SLH (Stray Love Hearts)
- Nise(i) no Chigiri
- Starry Sky

There's probably more than that XD Those are just the ones I can think of. And of course the other thing that's suuper popular to spin out from those is Drama CDs and/or Character CDs.

PostSubject: Re: Romance Anime suggestions...   Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:45 pm

Duchess wrote:
i really suggest you try natsuki rendovouz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Romance Anime suggestions...   Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:14 pm

Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge AKA Perfect Girl Evolution!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
romance20
Not So New
Not So New

PostSubject: Re: Romance Anime suggestions...   Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:51 pm

has anyone seen munto? i think it has a sort of cute romance.
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Romance Anime suggestions...   Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:44 am

romance20 wrote:
Never heard of that one. The one I'm watching right now is Kamisama Hajimemashita.

PostSubject: Re: Romance Anime suggestions...   Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:48 pm

aerysa wrote:
romance20 wrote:
Never heard of that one. The one I'm watching right now is Kamisama Hajimemashita.

I finished watching that one on Hulu...I hope they have a second season. It would be nice if they make an updated verison of Boys before Flowers.
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Romance Anime suggestions...   Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:52 pm

Algenon wrote:

I finished watching that one on Hulu...I hope they have a second season. It would be nice if they make an updated verison of Boys before Flowers.

Boys before flowers? I thought it was boys over flowers. I have mixed feelings over that one... maybe it was because I'd watched the Taiwanese version (Meteor Garden) before I heard about the manga.

Reading Koukou debut at the moment ^_^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Romance Anime suggestions...   Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:00 pm

I would also recommend Boys over flowers..older anime but good story. Kamisama is awesome, love the manga and the anime! Ouran High School Host Club would be another recommendation. Paradise Kiss, Romeo x Juliet...to think of a few.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Romance Anime suggestions...   Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:14 am

i would recommend itazura na kiss and fushigi yugi or inuyasha
though i havent watched a lot of animes but i liked them
Back to top Go down
roranda

PostSubject: Re: Romance Anime suggestions...   Sat May 11, 2013 7:33 pm

I suggest

Sukitte Ii na yo
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
Kamisama Hajimemashita
Tonari Kaibutsu kun
Back to top Go down
jollychick
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Romance Anime suggestions...   Tue May 28, 2013 1:06 pm

I'd probably suggest:

- Ouran High School Host Club
- Library Wars
- Ristorante Paradiso (old man fetish...lol Very Happy)
- Kamisama Hajimemashita
- Aishiteruze Baby
- Special A
- Vampire Knight
- Perfect Girl Evolution
- La Corda d'Oro
- Itazura na Kiss
- Kaichou wa Maid-sama

I was gonna suggest something like Fushigi Yuugi but I never finished it, and have no plans to, so I guess that means I didn't like it too much Razz. My favorite is Library Wars. Great chemistry and character interaction, the story's also pretty unique. I'd suggest to anyone who hasn't tried it to hunt down an episode or two. I loved it.
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Romance Anime suggestions...   Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:34 pm

jollychick wrote:
I'd probably suggest:

- Ouran High School Host Club
- Library Wars
- Ristorante Paradiso (old man fetish...lol Very Happy)
- Kamisama Hajimemashita
- Aishiteruze Baby
- Special A
- Vampire Knight
- Perfect Girl Evolution
- La Corda d'Oro
- Itazura na Kiss
- Kaichou wa Maid-sama

I was gonna suggest something like Fushigi Yuugi but I never finished it, and have no plans to, so I guess that means I didn't like it too much Razz. My favorite is Library Wars. Great chemistry and character interaction, the story's also pretty unique. I'd suggest to anyone who hasn't tried it to hunt down an episode or two. I loved it.
I just finished watching Library Wars! I love it Very Happy The reason why I really got into it is because I've been collecting the manga for it and then found out that it was also an anime. I just love the dynamics between all the characters.

Not going to lie. Totally went to check out Ristorante Paradiso because of your side comment... LOL. Reminds me a bit of some of the josei mangas that I started reading. Though it is a bit... Too much for me. I wouldn't go there personally, but the story itself is fine. And the whole premise behind it is rather funny... How they all have to wear glasses for work XD

As for some of the other suggestions - I actually didn't like the anime for Kamisama Hajimemashita. The manga goes into way more depth and how it ends was just so abrupt in comparison. Jumped the gun on that one. As for Fushigi Yuugi... I watched it a long time ago, but for it's length and quality... I wouldn't recommend it. Lol~ The characters are a bit annoying (namely Miaka, who happens to be the protagonist...) and for bishies, there are plenty of other animes to watch for that reason alone... So I wouldn't waste your time on that one.

I mean for bishies, something like Saiunkoku would be awesome. Lots of guys in it and has a good plot going for it Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Romance Anime suggestions...   Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:13 pm

For me, Itazura na Kiss, Hanasakeru Seishounen and Ayashi no Ceres are good romance animes if someone like to try this anime genre for the first time.
Back to top Go down
jollychick
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Romance Anime suggestions...   Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:31 pm

aerysa wrote:
Not going to lie. Totally went to check out Ristorante Paradiso because of your side comment... LOL. Reminds me a bit of some of the josei mangas that I started reading. Though it is a bit... Too much for me. I wouldn't go there personally, but the story itself is fine. And the whole premise behind it is rather funny... How they all have to wear glasses for work XD

Watching Ristorante Paradiso started as a joke. I couldn't believe that there was such an anime (or manga) that starred men in their 50's and 60's so I got one episode Shocked. It's hilarious how they're portrayed as the ultimate glasses-wearing fantasy. Too much is a great way to describe it, haha! What drew me was the quality of animation and the 3d backgrounds and camera work, which was used pretty heavily in the first few episodes. This series just proves that there's an anime for, just about, every preference out there! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Romance Anime suggestions...   

Back to top Go down

Romance Anime suggestions...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next