Download Scanlations from SMScans Here

BlogHomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

baking the harlequin

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: baking the harlequin   Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:04 am

Hello everybody, this is maru here.

As I wrote it at the other thread (ever considered writing a (romance) novel or manga) my exams are finally over!! And now I can continue the harlequin we were writing together.

But I think we need to remember several things about the story because I forgot Rolling Eyes
Firstly, I will re-read the old topic at the old forum and copy paste the important parts here. But I'm not going to copy the story here again, so anybody who wants to read the story, please go either to the blog or the old forum Very Happy

I wanted to give you the good news but it's 2 o'clock and I'm too sleepy to read, it will just have to wait for a little more Smile

Hope to see everyone soon!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: baking the harlequin   Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:10 am

maru san im just glad we are going to start it again..i have become really busy these days but i will surely check ur updates!!
Back to top Go down
Nathye

PostSubject: Re: baking the harlequin   Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:32 am

Could you please post here the link for the blog?
If I can be of any help you count with me if you need anything Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: baking the harlequin   Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:28 am

Nathye wrote:

of course, you will be great help! I'm not that great...
and here's the link of the blog: freshly baked harlequin

So this is basically what we did last year:

So, should we try to write a harlequin? (it can also be a game you know?)
I have a plot from last night (and it's a little bit longer than normal manga length -I think if it was a manga it would took 2 volumes- and has a handsome sheikh, a handsome CEO, a nice girl, a wife, an ex-fiance and the list goes on) and if you would like we can write it here?

I should write about my plot, then we can change and alter it however we like.

I wanted a girl who is in love with her handsome boss to be the heroine. She should be a good worker, pretty and admired by all of her collagues. The boss (handsome CEO) also likes her but not in a romantic way... She also knows this and knows she can't be his lover so she doesn't mention anything to him. But we learn she was in love with him as she says his name in her sleep etc.

Then one day a sheikh prince from an arabic country comes to america to sign a deal with the company she works at and her boss makes her in charge of the sheikh and his attendants.

I don't know what happens (as in I didn't think about it) but he fells in love with her. (she may told something good about him?) and wants to take her with him so he offers to sign the contract only if she comes with her and becomes his private secretary (or some position like that). Because the deal was so important for her boss she sacrifices herself and goes with the sheikh.

The sheikh , being single though he was considered very very handsome and could have any girl he wants, tries to seduce her. But she rejects him and this incites him more~ He gives her flowers, kisses her forcefully every night etc. (this is the fill in part- the hard part) and she slowly gets attracted to him and one day she finds herself in love with the sheikh. But at the same time she wonders why the sheikh was single and asks him. He tells her the story of his ex-fiance who had gone missing in the desert when he was 15 years old (now he is in his 30s) and how this affected him. She feels sad about that story and one day invites the sheikh to her bed (well, romance happens..), they spend several days very happy but after those days the sheikh learns that they found his ex-fiance (his ex-fiance came to visit him).

That night the sheikh doesn't come to her (the heroine's) room and she goes downstairs to see what was happening. She saw him hugging his ex-fiance and saying "I'm really glad you're here.. I really missed you" and thinks that he just toyed with her feelings, he was still in love with his ex-fiance and she leaves the palace very quickly (and the sheikh doesn't notice this because he was with his ex-fiance and went somewhere for a week).

She goes to meet her ex-boss to say that she left the sheikh, she resigned and things like that. But to her surprise she found the boss married.(Though she doesn't feel anything for him, she was still shocked ) He married her (the heroine's) assistant. They go to a restaurant all together. When the boss's wife went to the ladies room some journalists take their photos secretly.

After that night, she goes to a friend's mansion in california. There she realizes she was pregnant.. and feels very bad, thinks how fool she was.. but still decides to raise the child as a single mom.

At the same time, when the sheikh returns to his palace and finds out she was gone, he looses his temper.. how could they let her go?! And he hires several private detectives to search for her. There he sees the photos taken with her boss and after 6 months the detectives find the mansion in california.

The sheikh being very angry with her, buys the mansion next to her, he buys every mansion surrounding her.. This takes a month for him to do... then he goes to visit her in california, to tell her that she can't go anywhere, that she is "his". There he sees her belly and assumes that the father is her ex-boss (because he knows she was in love with him). They argue, girl cries, he smashes some furniture.. and at that time because of the excitement, she goes into labor. he forgets everything and takes her to the doctor.

the baby girl looks like his father.. like the sheikh (her skin color especially). there he understands that the baby was his. apologises to the heroine.. but she was still sad because he was still in love with his ex-fiance. he tells her that, his ex-fiance got lost in the desert, some wandering tribe found and rescued her and she married a man there and has 3 kids from him. but she found out she was adopted and to find her real family she came to him. he was just helping her.. so there was no love. she cries again, she cries saying how foolish she acted and how meaningless her sorrow was. He also asks about her ex-boss, why they had those photos together and she says how his boss was married and how they were eating together..

When all the misunderstandings were cleared he proposes to her and they marry...

the end~

oh, I almost forgot... what will their names be? I'm sooo bad at naming

Ahaha~ This is so fun! I love writing~

I was thinking, if the heroine is supposed to be a princess of an aristocratic family, then she's probably really used to seeing fancy people. She'd have been to fancy parties and what not, so in that sense, she's not impressed by that world. Therefore, when she meets the sheikh, maybe he's interested in her because she's NOT interested in him, whereas most women would throw themselves at him in such an opportunity. (They end up spending a lot of time together because she's supposed to take care of him during his time there.)

I think that's pretty typical. He knows he's handsome and filthy rich, yet this woman is not interested in him in the slightest. She's more interested in her boss, even if he doesn't know that. As a result, it piques his interested and he's determined to make her fall for him (at first). (She's the first woman to treat him as such.) Then he comes up with the outrageous plan that he won't agree to sign the contract unless she goes with him.

Characters
1. Cecilia Rose Angelica von Kryha
aka Julie Craford
- blond hair, blue eyes
- personal assistant to Conrad
- lady from European country, but left and assumed a commoner's name because of desire for independence
- in love with Conrad
- age??
- height??

2. Christopher Conrad
- tall
- light brown hair, green eyes
- toned body
- Julie's boss
- in love with or engaged to Anna

3. Anna
- Conrad's lover...

4. Ahmad ibn Hasan ibn Abdal bin Meluk (or Ahmad for short!)
- tall
- dark haired (long?)
- hazelnut brown eyes
- muscular/toned
- tattoo of scorpion on right side of chest
- in discussion of deal/project with Conrad

5. Peter
- Julie's brother
- sister complex
- blond hair, blue eyes
- average height
- normal build
- needs a fancy name...

6. Lord Gabriel Liam Jonathan Huntington
- Julie's childhood friend
- baron?
- tall
- slim
- long blond hair (wavy?)
- green eyes
- moron, narcissistic personality - artist type perhaps??

7. Patrick G. (as in Gimizoe, lol) Owens
- bad guy...

And that's everything that was discussed/suggested in terms of character. None of them have ages and we're still missing some details on appearance for some of them.

and the last time I wrote a little was my birthday (which was in october) and while I was reading the old thread I became a little bit excited Very Happy

(sorry that the copy-paste thing is a little bit messy, because I thought everything was important, I gave up after a while Razz )

And next I will re-read the story and CONTINUE!! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: baking the harlequin   Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:03 am

hey Welcome back Very Happy heheh what am i saying i was gone missing for sometime my self due to work and such but would be glad to help again if wanted sunny but i`ll have to read up on the story as well but anyway nice to cu all again lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: baking the harlequin   Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:06 am

Welcome back maru! And you too jeanne ^__^

For a minute there, I thought you wanted to start all over again! I didn't realize the writing in green was copied and pasted Laughing

I remember most of the stuff mentioned, but where does this Patrick G guy fit in? Shocked

PostSubject: Re: baking the harlequin   Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:28 am

marumarusan wrote:
Nathye wrote:

of course, you will be great help! I'm not that great...
and here's the link of the blog: freshly baked harlequin

Thanks for the link i will read as soon as I can (I'm a little busy right now, and I still have @aerysa stories to read, but I can do both so not a problem) also I am not great either (by far) ^^

PostSubject: Re: baking the harlequin   Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:01 am

Nathye wrote:
Thanks for the link i will read as soon as I can (I'm a little busy right now, and I still have @aerysa stories to read, but I can do both so not a problem) also I am not great either (by far) ^^
No rush in reading mine... I'm hoping to find some time to go back and edit them some more Laughing

But if you catch up with the group story, you can always help out with ideas! maru has been doing a good job of including everything we discussed.

PostSubject: Re: baking the harlequin   Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:49 am

aerysa wrote:
Nathye wrote:
No rush in reading mine... I'm hoping to find some time to go back and edit them some more Laughing

ok thanks but I still want to read ^^ But right now although my exams are over I quite busy so it's a little hart to read

aerysa wrote:
But if you catch up with the group story, you can always help out with ideas! maru has been doing a good job of including everything we discussed.

Yah in her (I think it's a girl, hope not to have mistaken ^^ sorry if you are not a women) case I just need to read the post for now so it's faster... then later I will read the rest (like the blog)...

PostSubject: Re: baking the harlequin   Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:06 am

well anna is the character we have the least on so let me start like this
Name: Anna Maria Walsh or so
Look Tall about 1.70 cm chin long hair a bob maybe brown redish her figure slender
maybe a childhood friend of Conrad
work lawyer maybe cause the girls got to be smart
character tough smart but warm friendly and easy too get along with

our heroin
she should be around 28 and lets say 175 cm

that would be my idea for now let me think some more study
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: baking the harlequin   Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:25 pm

jeannemiki wrote:
well anna is the character we have the least on so let me start like this
Name: Anna Maria Walsh or so
Look Tall about 1.70 cm chin long hair a bob maybe brown redish her figure slender
maybe a childhood friend of Conrad
work lawyer maybe cause the girls got to be smart
character tough smart but warm friendly and easy too get along with

our heroin
she should be around 28 and lets say 175 cm

that would be my idea for now let me think some more study
Hm... Did we decide what kind of company Conrad has? I think that's kind of important so we can pair him up with someone "equal" (as terrible as that sounds...)

If he is a CEO of a company (whatever it sells/does and also needs a fitting name), then he should have an equal status girlfriend. That way, it makes it more believable that Julie doesn't want to say anything. Maybe she even knows about Anna, but still fell in love with Conrad - especially being alone in a different country where she doesn't know much.

Also, I think the age should be relative to Conrad, since he doesn't have an age either Laughing He'd have to be older if he's the boss of a company, I would think. So maybe like 34 or 35? And maybe Anna is a rising star in her field - like young, but accomplished a lot? So 29 would be a good age if she's a lawyer since it takes forever to get a lawyer license.

And uhm, I think Julie should be quite a bit younger, but not TOO young. Lol, everything is relative. If she's too old, I think she would have been forced to be married off or something - depending on the country.

Suggestions for ages:
Julie - 25 (maybe escaped because she was expected to be married by then and didn't want to be?)
Chris Conrad - 34
Anna - 29
Ahmad - 29
Peter - 28
Gabriel - 27
Patrick - 32

That's it for now... I'm going to try to think of names for Peter Razz

PostSubject: Re: baking the harlequin   Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:41 pm

I feel like I'm spamming the thread... Rolling Eyes

Anyways, one of the issues that came up was a "fancy name" for Julie's brother, so I was thinking of possibilities. Coming up with nice names is one of my favorite parts of character design.

So here's the list I came up with so far.

1- Marcellus Bradley Rylan von Kryha
2- Alastair James Charleston von Kryha
3- Leander Elliot Sinclair von Kryha
4- Raphael Ilya Demetrius von Kryha
5- Zachariah Abbott Montgomery von Kryha
6- Keiran Pierce Nathaniel von Kryha
7- Laurence Slade Forrester von Kryha
8- Saeran Emmett Ramsey von Kryha
9- Sebastian Gerard Jaxon von Kryha
10- Grayson Lyle Connley von Kryha

Of course you can always mix around whatever names you like. For me, I like #1, 4 and 8 the most. #6 is good too. Uh... I guess I like all of them since I did come up with them Razz

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: baking the harlequin   Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:18 pm

Don't worry, you're not. it's just that since I didn't have anything to say.... I prefer 7, 9 and 10 though Wink it will still depend on Maru... maybe or can we vote?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: baking the harlequin   Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:42 pm

they do sound good i like nr 6 too
but help me i can´t remember did we select country or continent were they come from like Europa or so
.ahhh about the Company if i remember correctly it was an oil company that´s why i thought of his girlfriend as an lawyer an she might be the in the company as the legal advisor and such but like silvery said we will have to wait for maru- san cause it is her choice after all
i´m really looking forward to the result i have a good feeling this is going to be an really interesting story Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: baking the harlequin   Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:29 pm

wow jeanne you are here too...great
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: baking the harlequin   Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:01 am

hehe at your service as hard my job is right now i would not want to miss this for any thing in the world it just to much fun and gets my mind off other things

ohh and by the way how about our bady who would be in the same trade as conrad know who julie really is and trying to take advantage of it some how that would be good time of our hero to step in with out knowing anything
of course its just a thought might make things even more interesting
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: baking the harlequin   Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:27 pm

@Jeanne -
For the life of me, I can't remember if we picked a country or not. I think we just said she was from a foreign country, but did not pick one in particular. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Oh, and was it an oil company? I guess that makes the most sense if Ahmad is supposed to come do a business deal with Chris! Since there's a lot of oil in those Middle Eastern countries.

As for baddy Patrick G... Lol, I can't remember why we decided to use him or what his specific contribution to the storyline was going to be. Was he going to try and kidnap her or something?? Rolling Eyes
Mm... It seems like it would get too complicated if he knows who Julie really is. Like how would he find out and why would he look into that sort of thing to begin with? Unless he is secretly a baddy from her country to begin with and is actually her brother's enemy! Laughing

I think if he's Chris's rival, then it makes sense for him to be in the same trade. Maybe they were both trying to acquire the same deal for their respective companies, but in the end Chris won. And somehow, it made Patrick lose face at his company. So he wants to get revenge somehow.

(haha, btw... I think it's really funny how we all think of Conrad as Conrad, rather than Chris since Conrad is supposed to be his last name XD Just a random point.)

PostSubject: Re: baking the harlequin   Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:45 pm

you will have to forgive me to be honest i had forgotten his first name conrad stuck with me hahah Laughing oh and that with the baddy was just a random thought Very Happy but anyway i´m off to work for now Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: baking the harlequin   Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:27 pm

haha, I always thought it was his first name until I saw maru's re-posting of what we decided on!

Well, I guess we can see what other suggestions come up in terms of the baddy since I don't recall where he fits in exactly. Wait until maru has time to join in again Smile

PostSubject: Re: baking the harlequin   

Back to top Go down

baking the harlequin
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1