BlogHomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Flash Animation and Chatbox Quit Running in Vista 64 bit

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
swedesamurai
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Flash Animation and Chatbox Quit Running in Vista 64 bit   Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:30 am

This Solution works only with Firefox - It does nor reenable the Chatbox and Flash animation in Internet Explorer

I noticed that with the latest update of Adobe Flash that the flash animation that is on the SMS website quit working and that the chatbox also returned just a place holder. (By the way it also stops you from watching things on YouTube)

This is because adobe dropped support of flash for Vista 64 bit operating systems.

To get around this:

1. Download the latest version of Shockwave Player froim the Adobe download site.
2. Uninstall Adobe Flash.
3. Install Shockwave.
4. Try the SMS site the chat-box and animation should work. (You Tube works too)

My primary browser is Firefox-I am uninterested in using the others: Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari etc.; Therefore I have no workaround for them.

(Why Adobe dropped Vista 64 support for Flash but keeps supporting XP- I have no idea)

Hope this helps Vista 64 users.
Back to top Go down
Nathye

PostSubject: Re: Flash Animation and Chatbox Quit Running in Vista 64 bit   Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:15 am

I haven't notice anything like that on my Firefox but maybe it's because I haven't been using it recently but thanks for the tip, now if something happen I know what to do. Very Happy

Cool User
Cool User

PostSubject: Re: Flash Animation and Chatbox Quit Running in Vista 64 bit   Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:31 pm

Firefox FTW Never had any Flash problem
Vista User as well =]

What sucks is flash can't be enabled on Mobile Devices...

Elite Member

PostSubject: Adobe Flash   Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:28 am

Adobe has stopped supporting flash on vista 64 bit version. 32 bit is still supported.
Please see this site at Adobe: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ warning direct on page.

Shockwave will fix it in Firefox but not on Internet Explorer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flash Animation and Chatbox Quit Running in Vista 64 bit   

Back to top Go down

Flash Animation and Chatbox Quit Running in Vista 64 bit
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1