BlogHomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

swedesamurai Finally Introduces himself

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
swedesamurai
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: swedesamurai Finally Introduces himself   Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:29 pm

First off, I am a middle aged guy that has lived a complicated but exciting life.

I was born in Japan my mother was Japanese and my father an American of Swedish descent. Hence swedesamurai, My ancestors were really samurai. I grew up all over the United States as a Kid- went to 13 different schools because of my father's job.

Moved to a location in Europe to live and work and raise a family. Divorced - Her infidelity not mine! Cause: I'm a work-a-holic-with a Japanese Type A personality. Have 3 Sons 22, 20, and 12. Staying close by to help raise them. Just working toward retirement now. I've worked in all sorts of jobs. I like change and Challanges. Was an Army Scout for ten years, worked as a network administrator, web designer, as/400 RPG programmer, PHP/SQL Programmer, Government Adminstrator, Grave Digger, Cook, Dishwasher and Bottle Opener. Have a Master's Degree in Public Administration/IT. Fluent in German relearning Japanese. Can speak but learning how to read and write for my retirement. Hirgana and Kakatana are easy-Kanji is almost a deal breaker for an old geezer like me.

I Will retire in Japan. My current job takes me all over the world and I have always thought it would be best to grow up on one continent, work on another, and retire and die on another.

Why do I like SMS. Well I like those old fashioned romantic comedies and romantic drama films from about 1935 to 1959. Hollywood doesn't make those kinds of films any more. You know the films with Irene Dunne, Jean Arthur, Kate Hepburn etc. The only place that I can find those type of stories today in a fast paced compact way is in Shoujo Mangas. Which have lead me to Romantic Seinen Mangas. Which lead me to Romantic Josei Manga. Which lead me to Shojo Manhwa Scans.

You know as a guy I am definitely not here for the Bishounen or Smutty aspects of manga. I am more interested story plots and character developement set in a romantic atmosphere. That's why I like these Harlequin Mangas/Manhwas. So if you don't mind a somewhat battered old geezer sometimes commenting, I'm glad I found this site.

Thanks for tolerating me.
Back to top Go down
Nathye

PostSubject: Re: swedesamurai Finally Introduces himself   Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:09 am

Hey there what a life so many jibs and all ;D welcome to the forum although I have seen you in some of the posts around the forum I haven said welcome ^^

swedesamurai wrote:
You know as a guy I am definitely not here for the Bishounen or Smutty aspects of manga. I am more interested story plots and character developement set in a romantic atmosphere. That's why I like these Harlequin Mangas/Manhwas. So if you don't mind a somewhat battered old geezer sometimes commenting, I'm glad I found this site.

Thanks for tolerating me.

It's nice to see from a guy point of view ^^ so feel free to join all the conversations Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: swedesamurai Finally Introduces himself   Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:21 pm

Middle-aged = battered old geezer?!?! I think not!! Shocked

And that's totally cool that you like josei mangas!! But welcome~ I hope you'll continue to join in on our discussions. No need to feel shy!

PostSubject: Re: swedesamurai Finally Introduces himself   

Back to top Go down

swedesamurai Finally Introduces himself
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1