Download Scanlations from SMScans Here

BlogHomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Points system

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Points system   Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:54 am

Hi,

I realized that there are points for us. What are the points about? Like what is it use for and such? ^^
Back to top Go down
Nathye

PostSubject: Re: Points system   Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:07 am

If I am not mistaken you get points by making posts and creating topics.
But I think there is no use for it. It's just numbers to see who is more active and such ^^

Not So New
Not So New

PostSubject: Re: Points system   Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:36 pm

Yeah...the points....makes sense to see activity but people get reputation points too. It seems like those only refer to how many threads you create in the forum.
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Points system   Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:15 pm

ATM, the points aren't used for anything, but like Nathye said, you earn them when you create new threads and participate by posting.

As for the reputation number, each post made by other people should show a + or - sign in the upper right hand corner. If someone else clicks the "+" on your post, it's the equivalent of giving you a "like" and a "-" would be a dislike. The number of your reputation represents your overall "like" level.

Not So New
Not So New

PostSubject: Re: Points system   Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:23 pm

oh i see. never noticed it before.
I assumed it was b/c of creating threads b/c it was after I created some threads that I got one. Makes sense now.
Back to top Go down
Nathye

PostSubject: Re: Points system   Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:21 pm

yup it's just like aerysa said but it's not "like" but "thanks" ^_^ No wait... I think there are both like and thanks ... I am not sure

PostSubject: Re: Points system   Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:57 pm

Ooh that makes sense now. I don't think I ever really noticed that we had points until it was pointed out. Haha. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Points system   Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:35 pm

Since one of the rules is not to start a new topic, I'm piggybacking on to this topic. Smile

Concerning the points and reputation. I'm wondering why someone would give me a negative mark/reputation.

I've been gone from the manga and forum community since almost April of last year and returned to discover that I had to rejoin the forum.

The only posts I've made since re-joining have been to thank the staff for their hard work and for the newest releases. Those responses are, of course, posted in the project area of each title.

Am I not supposed to be posting my thanks in those areas?

I know the reputation and point system doesn't really matter but if I've done something against the rules I prefer to know about rather than be left wondering.

Thanks.

faechilde
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Points system   Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:10 am

Hi faechilde, I looked into your concern.

After a post received either a "like" or "dislike", the reputation of the post appears where the + and - sign is. Since you have a small number of posts, I was able to see that someone "disliked" your comment under "The Baby Proposal" thread. It is a bar of either green (likes), red (dislikes) or both, to represent the reputation of that post.

To me, it just appears that someone is either being mean or playing around with the system because a number of people have received a "dislike" under that thread.

But for the content itself, yes, that is where you are supposed to express your thanks. You've done nothing wrong. Unfortunately, there's really nothing we can do to counter this if people choose to abuse the system.

PostSubject: Re: Points system   Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:52 pm

Thank you for your kind reply, Aerysa.

I thought that might be what it was, but because I've been gone so long, I wanted to be sure I hadn't overlooked any rules. Some forums have taken to not having the thanks placed in the project thread, but have instead created a thread just for thanks for all their projects. Smile

Too, I wanted to be sure I hadn't said something that might have offended someone.

Thanks again.

faechilde

aerysa wrote:
Hi faechilde, I looked into your concern.

After a post received either a "like" or "dislike", the reputation of the post appears where the + and - sign is. Since you have a small number of posts, I was able to see that someone "disliked" your comment under "The Baby Proposal" thread. It is a bar of either green (likes), red (dislikes) or both, to represent the reputation of that post.

To me, it just appears that someone is either being mean or playing around with the system because a number of people have received a "dislike" under that thread.

But for the content itself, yes, that is where you are supposed to express your thanks. You've done nothing wrong. Unfortunately, there's really nothing we can do to counter this if people choose to abuse the system.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Points system   Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:45 pm

Yeah I got a negative post as well. I am glad you told me how exactly to find out which post was the one that received the negative feedback. I really don't mind like that but I thought it was a bit odd since I have no plus or minus for other people so it must be just a system for veterans of the board right?
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Points system   Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:20 pm

The plus/minus thing only shows up if you're logged in since it's not a feature available to guests. BUT, the reputation of a post will show up for guests. Your reputation (under your name) is the cumulative score of all the feedback you have received.

The plus/minus system should show up for everyone, but it will NOT appear for your own posts. Lol, makes sense. You can't like/dislike your own posts.

I hope that helps.

Oh, and just discovered this! If you hover your mouse over the reputation bar, it gives you a summary. It will say "Message reputation: x% (x votes)" I guess that helps since the bar by itself doesn't tell you much. Just something kind of neat.

Also, if you really care about this type of thing, you can click your username (or anyone's name) which brings up the "View Profile" section. One of the links is "Statistics" where it summarizes your information - Points, Reputation, Topics, etc.

PostSubject: Re: Points system   Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:11 pm

thanks no... I am logged in and still don't get plus or minus for anyone. But its cool. Thanks for the information, I was only curious really and thought that maybe it was something older members got or something. I probably would never use it personally even if I had it. It wasn't important like that.
Back to top Go down
gatobus
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Points system   Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:36 am

I was also concerned about the "minus points", I think I have -6 and I was looking in my profile to see if there was some rules I broke, so this past two weeks I didn't write more reply because I did'nt know if I was doing something wrong. No , thanks aerysa for the plus/minus thing reply you wrote.
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Points system   Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:42 pm

gatobus wrote:
I was also concerned about the "minus points", I think I have -6 and I was looking in my profile to see if there was some rules I broke, so this past two weeks I didn't write more reply because I did'nt know if I was doing something wrong. No , thanks aerysa for the plus/minus thing reply you wrote.
You're welcome Smile I wouldn't worry about it too much since it just looks like people are having fun playing with it. A lot of "thank you" posts received negative feedback when really, those projects are started so people can do just that.

If you are breaking a rule, either a moderator or admin will inform you through PM as warning.

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Points system   Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:05 am

Thanks a lot for the explanation aerysa Smile I'll re-enjoy writing replies in the forum. sunny
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Points system   Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:04 am

gatobus wrote:
Thanks a lot for the explanation aerysa Smile I'll re-enjoy writing replies in the forum. sunny
Please do! We encourage participation in the forum ^__^

PostSubject: Re: Points system   Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:20 am

gatobus wrote:
This was the main reason why I didn't post thank yous....Thanks for clearing this up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Points system   

Back to top Go down

Points system
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1