Shojo Manhwa Scans

Download Scanlations from SMScans Here

BlogHomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Which Manhwa/Manga would you like to turn to anime?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Duchess
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Which Manhwa/Manga would you like to turn to anime?   Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:54 am

I'd really like to see Noblesse, i love the occasional comedies especially with Rai, he makes me laugh so much Laughing , as an anime, though I'm worried they might screw it up>_<
Back to top Go down
blesses
Not So New
Not So New

PostSubject: Re: Which Manhwa/Manga would you like to turn to anime?   Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:00 am

W Juliet by Emura

Since reading this manga, I've been a huge fan of Emura's manga. W Juliet was my first by her and is among my favorite mangas. When I finished reading it, I thought "hey this is a great manga, I'm sure it's already an anime." but to my disappointed it wasn't =(

It's a gender bender about a guy (one of the leads) who is the only son of a martial arts academy striving to be an actor (he's really good too). Of course the father is a traditionalist and tries to stop him but strikes a deal telling the son to attend high school and graduate as a female student. He transfers to a new school and meets a girl (she's more like the lead of the manga than the guy) who is a tom boy to the max (wears the boy's uniform, is really tall, hair is short) who is in the drama club. She is the only daughter in a family of boys (mother died young). Accidentally she finds out that the "girl" is a guy and b/c the tomboy girl is really passionate about dreams and such, she helps him survive the rest of his high school career as a female.

I really like it b/c it includes almost all of the elements that I love: gender bender, dreams/ambitions, some sort of arts/entertainment (drama club). It's a great manga and it's got some great comedy too. usually I hate seeing mangas being adapted into an anime but in this case I really want to see it! I'd love to see the plays that they put on in this manga!

Grand Sun is another manga I'd like to see adapted but W Juliet is definite!
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Which Manhwa/Manga would you like to turn to anime?   Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:05 pm

Duchess wrote:
I'd really like to see Noblesse, i love the occasional comedies especially with Rai, he makes me laugh so much Laughing , as an anime, though I'm worried they might screw it up>_<
Oh my gosh! Yeaaah! I LOVE that manhwa! Except it has that whole Bleach/Naruto/Reborn thing going for it... Lol, like it's super darn long and we STILL don't know so much stuff!

I loved the latest chapter and in general, how Rai seems he's so focused on something super important and then it turns out it's related to gaming and how he's trying to improve at it... Laughing He's so darn adorable in that way. Utterly serious in his naivety regarding the human world.

Another one that I would want to see is The One.

Synopsis
Lele was born into the fashion industry. Both her parents were models, and they both die in a tragic airplane crash leaving a 5-year-old Lele orphaned. Therefore, it is no surprise that Lele hates the industry, thinking it’s superficial and unnecessary!

Raised by her maternal grandmother, Lele reaches seventeen years of age before she is sucked in when her mother's sister – a fashion model agent and former model, convinces the reluctant Lele to model. Lele had been adverse to the whole idea, until she sees a photo shoot of popular American model Angus Lanson, and she begins to see modeling as an art form.

When Aunt Fei's magazine editor invites Angus Lanson to a meeting of all the top fashion ambassadors, a curious Lele is invited to meet him. She does not know that Angus' twin elder brother, Eros Lanson, is secretly accompanying his brother. This obviously leads to confusion and is the start of a charming story of Lele's goals: fashion in NYC, becoming a top model, and…love???

It's a Taiwanese manhwa?

For the most part, it started out relatively light, but has been getting seriously darker with each chapter. Like some of the background info on the characters and stuff... But I like it!

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Which Manhwa/Manga would you like to turn to anime?   Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:31 pm

I love W Juliet too! Very Happy and I'd love it if they could just continue W Juliet II further too. To my knowledge, there were drama CDs released but that was all. Another I liked is Nousatsu Rock Shounen.

It's about an indie rock band that's gaining popularity and the lead singer who behaves like a dork/geek to hide his identity. It has some of the elements of W Juliet in it... Secret identity, romance, comedy... but well, it's so far only has two tankoubons and some side stories regarding the other band members, so no hope there
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Which Manhwa/Manga would you like to turn to anime?   Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:25 pm

silvery wrote:
It's about an indie rock band that's gaining popularity and the lead singer who behaves like a dork/geek to hide his identity. It has some of the elements of W Juliet in it... Secret identity, romance, comedy... but well, it's so far only has two tankoubons and some side stories regarding the other band members, so no hope there
Ooh, that sounds interesting silvery! I should check it out Very Happy I really like those singer/actor/entertainer stories since it's like being immersed in a whole different world~

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Which Manhwa/Manga would you like to turn to anime?   Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:32 pm

It is. But the story concentrates more on the relationship of the two mains more. The band does make an appearance every chapter (so as to show the coolness of the lead character) but it's not in-depth like in skip beat
Back to top Go down
romance20
Not So New
Not So New

PostSubject: Re: Which Manhwa/Manga would you like to turn to anime?   Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:57 pm

I would like to see red river, romance papa and Kindan no Koi de Ikou. i think they would be so so cute. I love you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Reply   Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:02 pm

romance20 wrote:
I would like to see red river, romance papa and Kindan no Koi de Ikou. i think they would be so so cute. I love you

Oh red river is a great manga to make in anime.

Some manga that is not a shougo manga but still has something is "Until death do us part" it can be an anime and it can also be a movie cat I love this manga.
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Which Manhwa/Manga would you like to turn to anime?   Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:38 pm

nimoniyu wrote:
Some manga that is not a shougo manga but still has something is "Until death do us part" it can be an anime and it can also be a movie cat I love this manga.
Ooh, me too!! For a while there, they stopped scanlating the series so I was very disappointed. I love how action-packed and exciting it is. Then I discovered people were still scanlating it, so I had a few chapters to catch up on. I think it would be super difficult to make it into a movie because so much happens even in such a short chapter. But an anime would be exciting.

PostSubject: Re: Which Manhwa/Manga would you like to turn to anime?   Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:08 pm

I would say another season of skip beat especially since they stopped right before the part reino comes into the picture to make ren and sho jealous. Or other ones I would like to see are Dengeki Daisy, Love So life (cuz the twins are so cute), faster than a kiss, l-dk or arisa
Back to top Go down
swedesamurai
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Which Manhwa/Manga would you like to turn to anime?   Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:22 am

I would really also like to see a second season or even a third of Skip Beat....Especially up until the end end of the Dark Moon Arc.

Kare First Love by Miyasaka Kaho - This one first Shoujo Mangas that I read to the end and it has a lot in common with a Harlequin style novel. Even though it is a Shoujo High School Romance the problems and the ending are so Harlequinish that I would greatly like to see it made into an animie.

From the SMS Mangas/Manhwas:
I guess since I liked the story so much Dark Heritage would be a good animie movie. I think that it could really be made to be both funny and serious. The same goes for If Love be Blind If handeled right they could be good romantic comedies.

For a heavier Animie then Powerful Persuasion in which a poor woman is completely dominated by a man. or for a Cinderekka type story I think that The Italian's Token Wife would be perfect.

For a real heavy Regency Drama I guess Lord Calthorpes Promise would fit the bill perfectly.

But seriously I think some real Harlequin Novels would make perfect animies such as:

The Prince's Royal Dilemma by Brenda Harlen
EXTRA! EXTRA! PRINCESS WANTED!
Lovely ladies of Tesoro Del Mar, it's your lucky day! The brand-new--and undeniably dreamy--Crown Prince Rowan must marry in six months or give up the throne.

But you've got competition--my spies tell me that Rowan only has eyes for the royal nanny. The luscious Lara Brennan is as loving to the children as she is exasperating--and unforgettable--to the prince. But gorgeous or not, innocent Lara can't be a true contender for Rowan's heart; since she wasn't born in our kindgom, she is not eligible to be his bride. It's going to be a tough choice for Rowan: leading the country he loves, or loving the woman who captured his heart...

Unlocking her Innocence by Lynne Graham
Three years ago Ava Fitzgerald stole what was most important to billionaire Vito Barbieri — his brother's life — leaving an insurmountable void in his once full and pleasurable existence.

Since her release from prison Ava has agonised over her fragmented memories of that night — her misguided play for Vito, his humiliating rejection and then...nothing.

Vito's latest business merger brings him face-to-face with his new employee — a troubled-eyed Ava. Haunted by the dark shadows of their past, Vito is intent on revenge. Yet despite his iron will, his plan gives way to an impossible desire…

The Australian's Housekeeper Bride by Lindsay Armstrong
Perfect housekeeper...
Rhiannon Fairfax believes everything should be calm and orderly. And she's made a career out of ensuring that other people's lives are perfect.
Convenient wife...
Then billionaire Lee Richardson hires her. Stormy, complex and autocratic, he needs a wife--and he wants Rhiannon! Swept out of her sensible shoes, Rhiannon agrees. But as secrets begin to emerge, she wonders if she can trust her new husband....
Wedlocked: Legally wed, but he's never said, "I love you."

Royal Dad by Leanne Banks
When Maggie Gillian met Prince Michel Phillipe, his aura of command emanated from him like heat from the sun. His seeming perfection annoyed Maggie. Teaching His Majesty's young son was the reason she was in his kingdom, not the boy's surprisingly sexy single father. But she found herself wanting to know the man behind the prince...

Prince Michel was accustomed to women who agreed with every breath he took. But the feisty American tutor was turning out to be more than he'd bargained for. This royal dad was a man, with a man's needs... and what he needed was Maggie Gillian.

Marco's Convenient Wife by Penny Jordan
Italian count Marco di Vincenti feared for baby Angelina's safety. He needed a wife to get custody -- so he proposed a marriage of convenience to the baby's English nanny, Alice Walsingham!
Having secretly fallen in love with Marco, Alice found the wedding pure torture! All her family and five hundred other guests expected to see lots of passion.... Marco was all too willing to oblige in public -- but what about in private, on their wedding night...?

Deserving of His Diamonds by Melanie Milburne
His not-so-perfect fiancée…
Emilio Andreoni’s goal is perfection: a corporate king and Italy’s most eligible bachelor, he craves only one more thing to complete his phenomenally successful life - the perfect woman! Once he thought that woman was shy Gisele Carter - until her scandalous goings-on became headline news and he called off their seemingly perfect engagement.
But now Emilio is faced with proof of Gisele’s innocence! He’s determined to win back the only woman who ever truly satisfied him, but first he must persuade Gisele she’s worthy of wearing his diamonds again…
Don’t miss this first installment in Melanie Milburne’s The Outrageous Sisters duet!

The Secrets She Carried by Lynne Graham
From the embers of their passion...

Erin Turner and Cristophe Donakis set the bedsheets alight during their scorching affair. But Erin's hopes of a diamond ring turned to ash when he unceremoniously kicked her out of his bed and onto the cold London streets.

Years later, Erin's world is rocked again when she meets her newest business client. She knows it's him the moment his designer aftershave hits her senses....

Cristophe is going to make Erin pay back what he believes she stole-in whatever way he demands.... But little does he know that Erin's about to drop two very important bombshells!

I think the Harlequins above would really be good animies as the characters are great you can see that some of the authors are really great at their trade craft and combined with the story and the Characters they left me with a great impression. I've been inactive for a while on this forum because I've been into the world of Harlequin Novels--Lets put it this way my Calibre has 3229 Harlequins-Silhouette-Mills & Boon Novels on it. I've read about 900 of them so far and those above are some of my favourites.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which Manhwa/Manga would you like to turn to anime?   Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:19 am

Duchess wrote:

I would have to agree. This is one of the best Manhwa series I have ever read.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which Manhwa/Manga would you like to turn to anime?   Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:41 pm

aerysa wrote:
nimoniyu wrote:
Ooh, me too!! For a while there, they stopped scanlating the series so I was very disappointed. I love how action-packed and exciting it is. Then I discovered people were still scanlating it, so I had a few chapters to catch up on. I think it would be super difficult to make it into a movie because so much happens even in such a short chapter. But an anime would be exciting.

I agree. I think Red River would make a great anime and a great K-drama.
I think Dengeki Daisy would make a great anime as well.
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Which Manhwa/Manga would you like to turn to anime?   Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:07 pm

I forgot about Skip Beat! That would be super cool if they made more seasons for it! They ended it in such an ambiguous manner (understandably so). I always wished they would continue with it. It's fun to see the characters from a favorite manga in animated fashion.

As for HQ mangas as anime... They would make really good movies! I mean, they already do that with some of them, don't they?

In general, I think one of the cool things about manga turned anime is seeing how they're characterized. Like who they pick as the voice actor and how it fits with your own image in your head. Or even how they choose opening/ending songs Smile

Cool User
Cool User

PostSubject: Re: Which Manhwa/Manga would you like to turn to anime?   Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:16 pm

I'd like to see Bride of the Water God turned into an anime! But it would have to be high quality anime.
Back to top Go down
jollychick
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Which Manhwa/Manga would you like to turn to anime?   Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:10 am

I guess I'm gonna have to shout it from the rooftops until I see it happen...

*ahem~~*

I WANT TO SEE DENGEKI DAISY AS AN ANIME NOW, OR SO HELP ME.....I'LL...THEN I'M GONNA SHOVE....RIGHT AFTER I STOMP A…SO HARD…GRANDCHILDREN WILL FEEL IT!!! because I feel it would be ever so popular.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which Manhwa/Manga would you like to turn to anime?   Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:31 pm

Duchess wrote:

That would be a good one although I think Frankenstein makes me laugh more....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which Manhwa/Manga would you like to turn to anime?   Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:56 pm

The breaker

I really like that Manhwa and if they did a good job with it I would love to see it as an anime. But I would worry that it may not come out goodm that seems to be most people's worry when it comes to making things into a anime. It would really depend on who does the anime, and how much they cut and add. If they made it like the Samurai Deeper Kyo anime with how much they changed and bunched together events I would hate it. There are many I would love to see turned into anime if they are done in the right way though.

I also agree that Noblesse would be a good anime as well.

I think its kinda sad as well how many shoujo and shonen manga become anime but barely any Josei or Manhwa of any kind make it. Hopefully the industry will begin to expand their focus.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which Manhwa/Manga would you like to turn to anime?   Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:22 pm

casandra29 wrote:
The breaker

I think its kinda sad as well how many shoujo and shonen manga become anime but barely any Josei or Manhwa of any kind make it. Hopefully the industry will begin to expand their focus.

I think it is even sadder what they do pick...I mean I saw some of the line-up and I thought, "They picked THAT!??? And over decent ones like Dengeki Daisy and Nobelesse?!!!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which Manhwa/Manga would you like to turn to anime?   Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:38 pm

Algenon wrote:

I think it is even sadder what they do pick...I mean I saw some of the line-up and I thought, "They picked THAT!??? And over decent ones like Dengeki Daisy and Nobelesse?!!!"

Dengeki Daisy is awesome. I agree with that. I really like that one as well. I also agree that it's sad what they pick out of all of the possibilities of manga. Even the good ones they do pick they usually get picked up by one of the companies that require them to mash the whole manga in to less than 24 or 13 episodes or something. I wonder how many of the ones that are not made into anime are partly because the artist and author's don't want to have their stuff on the chopping block.
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Which Manhwa/Manga would you like to turn to anime?   Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:16 pm

casandra29 wrote:
Dengeki Daisy is awesome. I agree with that. I really like that one as well. I also agree that it's sad what they pick out of all of the possibilities of manga. Even the good ones they do pick they usually get picked up by one of the companies that require them to mash the whole manga in to less than 24 or 13 episodes or something. I wonder how many of the ones that are not made into anime are partly because the artist and author's don't want to have their stuff on the chopping block.
UGH... Like Skip Beat!! Sad Then again, those really popular mangas are typically hard to turn into anime because they're already a million chapters long (haha, total exaggeration, but you get what I mean). So they either end up truncating it so much that you barely get any of the story (Skip Beat!) or dragging it out forEVER while changing stuff here and there (Bleach).

All the series tend to be harem-y things (targeting males) or reverse harem-y things (targeting females) which are based off of super popular otome games. I don't enjoy either of those, so it's super rare for me to watching anime.

PostSubject: Re: Which Manhwa/Manga would you like to turn to anime?   Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:00 pm

I too would agree with Bride of the Water God..that may even be better as a live action drama. I think that if a good anime studio made it, it could be really amazing to see!!! i would weep with happiness since it is one of my top faves Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which Manhwa/Manga would you like to turn to anime?   Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:05 pm

koukou debut..i can't believe i forgot about this manga...I laughed my head off and really enjoyed this as much as lovely complex which gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling. They have a live action.. I can't believe there is no anime version..it is so popular too.
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Which Manhwa/Manga would you like to turn to anime?   Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:26 pm

Yeah, Koukou Debut was interesting. I just read it recently myself. Yoh was so~ cute Very Happy but Harun drove me up and down the wall a few times...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which Manhwa/Manga would you like to turn to anime?   Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:32 pm

Harun could definitely be dense, but you couldn't help but root for her and Yoh was the best love coach/boyfriend a girl could ever dream of. I also would love to see Yumeiro Taiyou in anime form. The interactions between the koala fiend Zen, and Shimana are priceless. The landlord wish-washiness was really annoying, i wanted to scream so many times at this emotional treatment of Shimana but ultimately I'm glad things worked out they way they did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Manhwa/Manga would you like to turn to anime?   

Back to top Go down

Which Manhwa/Manga would you like to turn to anime?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next