Download Scanlations from SMScans Here

BlogHomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Creativity Sounding Board

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
aerysa

PostSubject: Creativity Sounding Board   Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:09 pm

So something that seems to creep up quite often is that a lot of us are writers. And if not writers in the sense that we actually get writing done, we at least have story ideas - whether for mangas or novels.

silvery brought this up in another thread and I thought it'd be something fun to try. We already have a creative writing project in the works, but this is nothing so strenuous.

Rather, this is a place for you to share any and/or every idea you have that relates to a story. (Think of this as that little scrap of paper you scribble it down on and inadvertently always lose.)

It can be a title, a character, a specific scenario, a setting, or even a full-blown storyline - regardless of its progress in terms of being birthed as something more concrete. As in, it doesn't have to be a story you're working on. It can just be that silly idea that keeps tickling the back of your mind.

And in response, others can give you feedback on said idea. Perhaps help you brainstorm how to carry it further or just say "Awesome idea! I love it!" A little encouragement never hurts anyone Wink

If you have some writing that has been fully conceptualized, even better! Feel free to share it with us - poetry, lyrics, short stories, or stories... Whatever you want!

And since this is my idea... I'll start first. (I have many, many ideas, but this is just one Laughing )I had this idea many, many years ago that has never seen much work. I have some basic character designs, a storyline which has some holes in it and about 2 pages of written work. No title. I tend to give it one after a story is completed... Weird, I know. It just works better for me that way.

Basic Storyline
A strict police organization oversees the running of the city. Each member of the force is specially trained and chosen with a one-out policy. There is only one chance to pass the stringent testing and if someone fails, there is no second try to joining the organization. Once they become part of the organization, their civilian identities are replaced with aliases. Also, once you are in, there is no out.

One such acting member is Pheyte (read: Fate, her alias) who has been with the organization since a very young age. She was taken in and trained up in the ways of the organization, but the very rules of the organization go against her nature. Despite knowing their no-out policy, she is still hopeful that someday, somehow, she can break free from the chains bound around her and just live a normal civilian life.

Characters
The character names are written as "Civilian name" ("Alias"). Only some of them have been decided on so far.

- Keilantra (Pheyte), our main character. 23-yr old female, 5 foot 7, dark brown wavy hair and brown eyes || compassionate, hopeful, sweet personality
- Jacob (Axarian), Pheyte's friend/team leader. 24-yr old male, 5 foot 10, light brown wavy hair and grey eyes || strict on duty, but generally laid back || similar background to Pheyte
- Austin (Vajran), officer in training. 18-yr old male, 5 foot 11, blond short cropped hair and blue eyes || ambitious and protective of Kanida
- Cleo (Kanida), officer in training. 18-yr old female, 5 foot 5, black chin-length hair and brown eyes || dependable, hard-working

(Above 4 form a team where Vajran and Kanida are trained under the supervision of Axarian.)

- Darren (Rakkhan), Axarian's superior. 37-yr old male, 5 foot 11, dirty blond medium length (for male) hair and green eyes.
- Farah (Liyha, read: Leah, 'h' is silent), Axarian's superior. 32-yr old female, 5 foot 8, long curly red hair and blue eyes
- Isadora (Mila), highest commanding officer. 29-yr old female, 5 foot 7, long straight blonde hair and hazel eyes

Other Info
I'm sure there are more characters to be birthed in the process, and I have a list of "unclaimed" aliases.

- Sharith (male)
- Nyikha (female, read: Nika)
- Davira (female)
- Tsering (male)
- Caiyan (male)

And that's all I have. I didn't even write down specific story ideas... Like how smart was that? XD

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Creativity Sounding Board   Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:17 pm

Revolver-Story Outline-©Eugene Taro Christenson 2012-(yup my real name)

I know that usually I use the colour blue and italic letters when making a post but since this is a story outline I thought I would use normal text.

Premise for story:
Years ago when my last son was in his mother’s womb I came across an Article in the German Journal of Psychology – I read Harlequins for entertainment and I read scientific papers to broaden my knowledge (I’m just too curious about everything). I came across an article about Dissociative Amnesia Related to Pregnancy. Well when your significant other is pregnant, you become a quasi-hypochondriac and worry about everything. So what who happen if your spouse had amnesia after the Birth of your child and disappears? Of course the husband doesn’t now the wife has amnesia so this story was born. I glad that my son was born healthy and that his mother did not in fact come don with amnesia. Whew!!!!!

Revolver Characters

Jin Kameda - Husband

Kamiko Kameda – Wife (Kichida)

Kamiko Kichida – Wife Maiden Name

Katsumi Kameda – Daughter

Hoshiko Kameda – Mother

Akihiro Yamada- Man 2

Haruto Yamada- Man 2 Son

Masato Sugiyama – Man 3

Shoji Fujimoto – Doctor

Chise Shintani –Date

Hiroshi Tanaka – Police Detective Sergeant

Mitsuko Tsuda – Head Waitress

Story Outline:

Jin Kameda marries Kamiko Kichida his childhood friend and high school sweetheart, just after High School. They have a daughter, Katsumi, 1 year after they are married. Jin works in a large retail chain store in an entry level job. This job can lead to internal advancement and because he supports his mother, Hoshiko, cannot afford to go to University. They live in the house of the man’s mother. Kamiko and Hoshiko get along real well since they have known each other since the girl was in elementary school. Jin and Kamiko are happily married.

Jin and Kamiko support each other and complement each other. It seems perfect for example when Kamiko becomes pregnant and fears that she would not be a good mother the man assures her that she will be. He’s known her for years and knows how caring she is and how much love she has in her heart and there could never be a reason that she would not be a good mother except if she was to be a great mother. The togetherness that they share seems to solve all problems. Kamiko seems reassured and prepared to be a mother. Life goes on as normal as Jin works, comes home and spends time with first Kamiko and after Katsumi’s birth with his Kamiko and Katsumi. Together with Hoshiko they form a loving and peaceful family unit.

Shortly after the Katsumi’s 2d birthday Kamiko suddenly disappears. Jin and Hoshiko can not understand her disappearance, the family was so close and no indications of disaffection or dissatisfaction ever appeared. There is no note and no clues. Kamiko has not taken any extra clothes she has just vanished leaving all behind. Jin is frantic and checks every with every person that the couple knows, searching for the whereabouts of Kamiko. No one knows where she is.

Jin goes to the police to report that his wife is missing. The Police place Kamiko on a missing person’s bulletin. Jin constantly goes back to the police awaiting news but nothing comes up. He starts to aggravate the police, with his repeated visits, and one of them begins to suspect him of doing something to Kamiko. They start investigating him, assigning Police Detective Sergeant Hiroshi Tanaka to investigate him. Detective Sergeant Tanaka finds nothing. The detective that does the investigation is really surprised to find out that couple were high school sweethearts and had a happy marriage. Sergeant Tanaka feels real sorry for Jin and consoles him as much as possible but explains that the limit of what the police can do is at an end.

Sergeant Tanaka informs Jin that since a couple of months have passed that either Kamiko has purposely left and covered her tracks; or she has fallen prey to foul play. With no leads the Police are forced to assume that Kamiko is purposely hiding or is dead. Jin takes this news really bad. He knows that she is not dead, and he can not understand why she would abandon him and her family.

Jin, just makes ends meet so he can’t afford to hire a private detective nor miss work so he is forced to raise his daughter with his mothers help alone. He is constantly posting missing persons notices at supermarkets on streetlights and daily can be found surfing the internet looking for his wife. He is constantly in chat rooms and is posting her picture just about anywhere that he can upload it.

A year goes by, then two, then three. Jin goes to work every day and come home to Katsumi. Because of the loss of his wife he is spends as much time as he can with his daughter. He still does not give up hope of finding Kamiko. His daily ritual is work, spend time with his daughter, and help his mother. After that he surfs on the internet looking for clues of his lost wife.

After four years the Jin has been promoted and has been selected for in house managerial training. He is moving up in the world. His relationships with his Katsumi and Hoshiko are great. He however is still alone, missing Kamiko and privately is very depressed. To the outside world he has built a false façade of a happy energetic person but alone he is despondent. He misses Kamiko so much. His friends try to convince him that she is either dead or has abandoned him and he should find another woman. He refuses because Kamiko was the love of his life and he knows that no one else can replace her.

At age six Katsumi starts school. After 4 and one half years: One night he is surfing on the internet when he sees a notice for a missing woman from a man from a place just two towns away from where he lives. The other man has posted a picture of his missing girl friend and woman pictured is exactly the same as his wife. He contacts the man per email with a picture of his wife. They agree to meet. He calls the police and talks to the Police Detective Sergeant Tanaka from before and he agrees to accompany the man to the meeting.

They meet at the apartment of the man from the internet. His name is Akihiro Yamada. The two men show each other pictures of their missing women. The women in the pictures are identical. The two men are astounded. The police detective begins to question the man and his story is:

Around 3 and one half years before, he met his girl friend, Kamiko Kichida. She was working as a waitress in a diner in his town. After asking her repeatedly to go out with him she finally did. Over the next six months they gradually fell in love and then moved in with each other. She never talked about her past. But sometimes at night he would hear her call out for a Jin who ever that was. She claimed never to remember. Their relationship was almost perfect she was accepted by all of his friends. Apparently she did not have two many friends of her own except those who worked at the diner. This however did not bother the man because everything that they did together was like heaven to him.

Detective Tanaka investigates the background of Kamiko Kichida in this town. He is interested in how she obtained work and a place to live before she met Akihiro Yamada. He interviews the head waitress at the diner, Mitsuko Tsuda, about how she got a job there. She said about 4 and one half years ago Kamiko showed up at the diner and had a coffee and just sat for hours. She seems distressed. Mitsuko Tsuda has previously been in an abusive relationship and thought the symptoms that Kamiko displayed were a result of some problem with a man. She decided to help her. She got her a job at the diner, and even co signed for her to get an apartment. She did not question Kamiko too much about her past and Kamiko never volunteered information about it. Mitsuko Tsuda has always thought that some things are left best alone. Detective Tanaka questioned several other workers at the diner and found out that Kamiko was well liked and after meeting Akihiro Yamada she seemed to be happy.

Even after meeting Yamada Kamiko continued to work at the diner. Akihiro Yamada had asked Kamiko to marry him, she refused. This bothered Yamada, and for a couple years he was relentless in asking her to marry him, but she always refused. She said that was something she could never do. When pressed by him she once said it was something that she would never do again. He asked her if she had been married before but she never answered him. But he did not care so long as she was by his side.

Kamiko made friends fast and easily and they settled into a regular relationship where Yamada worked full time and Kamiko took care of him and the apartment; while working part time at the diner. Kamiko became pregnant and had a baby boy, Haruto. Yamada accepted and recognized the son. He said everything was looking up; that they planned for their future lives together. Everything seemed to be in order. Sure he worked hard and long hours but he always made time for her too. No there was conflict in their relationship. Then one day he went to work and when he came back, she was gone. Only a note saying, that she was going out and to pick the baby up at the Sitters. The man was devastated.

The two instant Bachelors looked at each other and they both resembled each other. In body and deportment aside from their faces they could have been twins. The detective noticed this early on but kept quiet about it. Of course the man reported it to the local police and the detective checked on the progress that had been made, but apparently just as in the first case there were no leads. The woman just disappeared from the face of the earth.

Jin explained to Akihiro about his life with Kamiko. The two men seemed to bond with the loss of the same woman. Strange Jin thought that he should feel jealous and hurt because of the relationship between Kamiko and Akihiro but he was more relieved that Kamiko was alive. He knew now that she was in some sort of trouble. Jin resolved not to give up but to find her somehow someway.

Several days later Detective Tanaka informed both Jin and Akihiro what he learned about Kamiko from the diner that she worked at. He also reported that although he interviewed her neighbors no one had an idea of where she could be. Both men left the meeting in a depressive mood. No trace of Kamiko was found.

In the ensuing weeks following the meeting the two men would meet and sometimes bring their children. In a sad way the loss that each of the two men shared bonded them at first for support and understanding but as time went by they became friends out of having each possessing a like personality. Over the years they would meet at least twice a week and would spend vacations together.

Both continued to pursue their lost women on the internet and life went on. Katsumi grew and progressed well in school. His career took off and he was now in upper middle management and could provide well for his daughter and mother. Searching for his wife in the ensuing years became a routine. Reading Blogs, entering Chats rooms, Instant Messaging, but nothing turned up. Still Jin pursued it with a will. He would not give up. He knew that Kamiko was in trouble and needed her.

Life goes on and his daughter is now 10 and entering the 5th grade in school. Jin continues to search and continues to hope. He just knows that Kamiko is out there somewhere and in trouble; and that she needs him. He has over the years been sad, despondent, insecure, angry, and lost but no one would ever guess that he has gone through each of these successive stages because he puts on his war face to the world and every one thinks everything is OK. Because his underlying personality is one of fairness and compassion he treats all he comes in contact with, with respect and always displays a optimistic and cheerful disposition. Little do most people know how much at night he cries, nor about his fits of rage at being so helpless, nor of the hours spent just sitting and staring off into space. As each day goes by, his loneliness increases. Jin knows he is alone and can not stand it.

It’s been 9 years since his Kamiko disappeared. He continues to hold on to hope. During this year some of his friends set him up on a blind date with a woman that they feel would be right for her. Chise Shintani seems to be the right kind of woman for him. Their personalities match and they enjoy each other’s company. She also likes his Katsumi more over his Katsumi likes her. He sees Chise a couple times and is always a gentleman in her presence.

Katsumi who des not remember her mother, but who knows that Jin is suffering from his loss of her begins to pressure Jin into seeing Chise. Secretly Katsumi is hoping that Chise will make her father happy. Katsumi sees Chise as a good match for her father. Katsumi tells Jin this and although he gets along with Chise very well; she is not Kamiko. He can’t bring himself to replace Kamiko. Jin loved his Kamiko so much and to him it is impossible for him to have another by his side. Chise senses something is wrong for her relationship with Jin is not moving forward. Chise wants to develop the relationship but he refuses to get closer. On their dates he has never held her hand let alone hugged or kissed her. He has remained ever correct and amusing, serious, and kind but he has never let her into his heart.

Chise confronts Jin about this, and he tells her that she is a great person and that she would make a great wife; but not for him. He explains about his love for Kamiko about how much she means to him. In Kamiko, Jin found his partner and no one could replace her. Even if he were to fall in love with her it would never be the same for him, because Chise is not Kamiko. Chise might be able to occupy a place in his heart but she would never fill it. He thinks that this would be unfair to them both. Chise tells Jin that he is the type of man she was always looking for and that she doubted that she would ever find another like him.

Jin says well as a matter of fact that he knew a man just like him. In looks personality and temperament. If that’s the type of man you’re looking for may be I can set you up. Chise looks at him with a lot of skepticism. Jin tells her about Akihiro Yamada. Hell tells her about the circumstances of how they met and how they are just alike in so many ways. Surprisingly she agrees to meet him

After introducing Chise to Akihiro; while surfing in his social networks, Jin comes into contact with a woman. Her internet name is written in English as K.K. The contact comes in a primitive chat room, where the man responds to a woman who writes…

I am Alone and feeling empty. The walls seem to close in on me. I can not remember important things. I feel so lost, it seems that I have forgotten many important things, and there is a vast emptiness in me that just will not go away. It seems that a part of me is lost and that I am losing more of it everyday. What is happening to me?

Something about the way that this message is posted strikes Jin as familiar. He responds that he has felt emptiness for years and understands what she is feeling. He explains that each cause of emptiness is different. His emptiness comes from a specific loss that can not be replaced. He recognizes this and continues on, but that it is not easy. He admits that this emptiness is a scary thing. Whether the emptiness comes from a loss of memory, a loss of a dear one or just a loss of character it is a very lonely and personal loss and that it is scary.

K.K. responds the next day and they exchange parts of their stories with each other. Not in detail but she seems drawn to him by the way he is discussing her problems with him. She finds it comforting. Jin finds out that she is an unmarried woman expecting. K.K. says that she should be happy because she loves the man in her life but each day there is more difficult than the one before. It is not what the man does that makes her the way she is. He is nice but as time goes by she forgets some parts of her life with him and it seems a part of her soul dies with each loss.

Over time, Jin asks K.K. about her past at first she is evasive about it. After more discussion she admits that she can not remember much of her past. Some things she can remember but much is gone. Not just about her present relationship but of many things in her past. Then…

“What worries me the most is that I feel that I will not be a good mother….”

Jin sits dumbfounded for this is exactly the same conversation he had had with his Kamiko about ten years ago. He decides that he must somehow meet this person.

They exchange email addresses and he wonders how to meet her. Jin finally sends her a picture of him and says that he would like to meet her and her friend, that maybe together they could find a solution to her problems. Jin explains that he is a single father, who is devoted to raising his daughter, so there should not be anything to fear from him. Jin does it in a way that convinces her to talk to her friend first so that an arranged meeting is agreed upon.

In another email session; Jin reassures the friend of the woman that he is not trying to take her away from him but is only trying to help and if it works then their relationship will be fixed and they can get on with their lives. The friend, Masato Sugiyama, agrees and they meet.

As soon as Jin meets the couple he knows that this is his Kamiko. They meet at the couple’s apartment. Kamiko has aged in the ten years but still looks as beautiful to him as the day that she left. The man once again could be a spitting image of his self. His body build and stance are just like his, and come to think of it just Akihiro Yamada; all three of us could be triplets! It is obvious that Masato Sugiyama loves Kamiko, just as Akihiro Yamada did and as surely as much as Jin does himself.

Kamiko does not seem to recognize him. This in a way hurts him more than anything he has ever encountered. The conversation stumbles as Jin ponders what to do? Although he suspected and hope it would be her; the reality of it paralyses him into in action.

Should he confront the couple with the truth? Or should he just dance around it? He decides to go for the truth. He tells them that eight years ago his wife disappeared. He shows them a picture that he had of her. The couple is shocked. He tells them of his life with Kamiko her disappearance, his search and about Akihiro Yamada. Not only does he show them pictures of him and Kamiko but he shows them pictures of Akihiro with Kamiko. This was another shock for the couple of them.

Jin looks Kamiko in the eyes and says, “You don’t remember me do you?”

Kamiko returns Jin’s look and Jin can see in her eyes that she doesn’t know him. Jin breaks the silence of the stares and says, “Hi, I’m Jin.” Kamiko shakes her head. Jin notices that Kamiko is feeling very uncomfortable, so he breaks eye contact. Suddenly Kamiko stands and runs from the room. He tells Sugiyama to go after her and not to let her out of his sight. Jin knows that Kamiko is confused and that for him to chase after her would complicate matters worse. Jin is beginning to believe Kamiko is suffering some form of amnesia or depression, God he wished that he could understand what is going on. The depression part he can emphasize with from his bouts of depression since Kamiko’s disappearance 10 years ago. After a while the couple has still not returned so he places a business card on the table and leaves.

The next day, at work Jin receives a phone call, from Masato Sugiyama. Sugiyama states that Kamiko does want to see him again. Sugiyama thinks that this is right. Jin tells Sugiyama that he should take her to see a psychiatrist. Sugiyama says that he loves her and will protect her at all costs. He will not give her up. Jin relates the story of his and Yamada’s loss once again to Sugiyama. Jin stressed that Kamiko might one day also run out on him. Not by choice but something is wrong with her. Sugiyama does not sound convinced so the Jin gives him the contact information for Yamada and asks Sugiyama if he was willing to meet with Yamada. Reluctantly Sugiyama agrees and Jin arranges a meeting between Yamada and Sugiyama. Sugiyama is obviously very anxious and concerned over his Kamiko’s state of mind.

Jin also tells Sugiyama about what Police Detective Sergeant Tanaka uncovered in Yamada’s town. He quickly uses his mobile phone to call Tanaka to see if he could come to the meeting with Sugiyama. He agrees. Sugiyama is wary of Jin’s reasons for this meeting and asks him not to attend because he wanted to hear from Yamada and Tanaka independently. Jin agrees. Sugiyama, Yamada, and Tanaka agree to meet at a bar and discuss the matter over drinks.

Sugiyama meets with Yamada and they exchange stories. Sugiyama learns of Yamada’s and Kamiko’s son and the disappearance of Kamiko from Yamada’s life 4 years ago. Tanaka informed Sugiyama of his investigation of both Jin and Kamiko. Tanaka suggests that to get a complete picture of the situation Jin should also be at this meeting. Sugiyama reluctantly gives in and calls Jin on his mobile phone and Jin joins them.

Jin relates his story to Sugiyama and Yamada in great detail. He told them how the Kamiko and he grew up and went to school together. How theirs was a fairy tale romance and wedding and how it ended. Both of them told of their bewilderment at the disappearance of Kamiko. Jin also learns for the first time that his Chise and Akihiro are seeing each other seriously and that they are a regular item in the mean time.

Sugiyama is afraid of losing Kamiko. But with the photographic evidence and the information by the police convince him that Kamiko is the same woman; the wife of Jin; the ex-lover of Akihiro; as well as his current lover. He begins to open up to the three men and relates how he met Kamiko.

Sugiyama met Kamiko one day about a year ago when she showed up at his company as a temporary worker. One day after work he invited her to dinner and one thing lead to the next and then they started to see each other. Before he knew it she was living with him and the two of them were really happy. He asked her to marry him but she also refused him. She said it was something that she would never do again. The way he related this part of the story was almost identical to the story that Yamada lived through. He also disclosed to the Jin and Akihiro that Kamiko was pregnant. She was only about a month pregnant and they were really looking forward to the child. He also stated that he has recently begun to put pressure on Kamiko to marry him; but thus far all attempts have failed.

As much as the Jin wishes to have Kamiko back he does not want to endanger her health while she is carrying. He also does not want to spook her into disappearing again. So he recommends to Sugiyama that he should get her some type of psychiatric help. The fears that she has of being a good mother were all shared fears that he and Yamada had with her. Tanaka said that, “Sometime after the exhibition to this symptom the wife would disappear.” Jin tells Sugiyama that unless he wants to lose her he should take action now and get her treated and hopefully cured.

This leaves the Jin in a quandary because he wants Kamiko back but he also wants her to be safe and healed. From his last meeting; with Kamiko, he knows that if he was to directly intervene; that Kamiko would reject the help and possibly run. He has to leave it in the hands of Sugiyama. Jin knows the risk that he is taking, once healed Kamiko would probably stay with Sugiyama. He reconciles with himself that it is better if the wife is healed and lives a normal life even if it is not with him.

Sugiyama arranges to talk to a psychiatrist, Shoji Fujimoto, he gives the Doctor all of the background information that the Jin and Yamada have given him. He provides the information of what has passed since he met Kamiko. The Doctor Fujimoto informs him that it could be a case of, Dissociative Amnesia or an extreme form of Post Partum Amnesia but that he could not really tell until he examines Kamiko.

After considerable discussion between Sugiyama and Kamiko; she agrees to see the Doctor Fujimoto. After examining her and listening to her Fujimoto begins therapy with relaxing drug treatments, memory exercises, and finally hypnosis. The woman begins to remember her life going back through her time with Sugiyama 3 then her past with Yamada begins to open up to her.

Kamiko is confused at this point over her past and can only remember her life with Sugiyama and Yamada. She feels that this is too much pressure and wants to slow down on the treatment Sugiyama and Fujimoto agree. She is now living with the memories of her lives with Sugiyama and Yamada. She feels that she should meet Yamada and confirm her past relationship with him.

Sugiyama telephones Jin and informs him of the status of the treatment that Kamiko is undergoing. Jin has many questions but Sugiyama because he sees Jin as a Threat is short with him. He does however give him the telephone number of Doctor Fujimoto. Jin calls Doctor Fujimoto and explains who he is what interest he has in Kamiko’s case. The Doctor agrees to meet with Jin. The Doctor informs Jin that he has regained Kamiko’s memories to the point of her relationship with Yamada. He is taking it slow so that she can get used to regaining one aspect of her lost life. He recommends that Jin stay out of the treatment until Kamiko starts to remember him and comes to grips with her past. The Doctor cannot promise Jin that she will come back to him. So much time has gone by and her emotional state is ifferent than it was 10 years ago. Jin understands. He agrees to keep his distance but requests to be informed of the treatment and her progress.

Jin informs Katsumi and Hoshiko that Kamiko has been found and that she seems to have lost her memory. Both Katsumi and Hoshiko are anxious over this development. Jin tells them that she is in treatment and that they should be patient. He informs them of all of the details that he knows of about her life with Yamada and Sugiyama. He tells them that he still loves her and understands that her actions were caused by her sickness and not by intention or evil intent. He tells them that if and when she is cured and has memories back and that if she decides to return home he would welcome her and that both mother and daughter should too.

Kamiko and Sugiyama meet with Yamada, his son, Haruto, and the Chise. Chise has since moved in with Yamada. Yamada has decided to provide a mother for Haruto and to seek a new partner. Yamada feels that the Chise at this point is the correct woman to meet his needs and has fallen in love with her. They plan to marry in spring. Kamiko apologizes to Yamada for her actions and informs him that at the time she was really in love with him and cherished him above all else. She does not know yet why she behaved the way that she did, and really is sorry for the problems that she has caused him. She also speaks to her son and explains that she was sick and forgot everything and that with care that she is getting she will be better and asks him if he could foresee a chance that they could meet as friends in the future. The son is looking forward to her getting better but has grown attachments to Chise and sees her as his mother.

Sugiyama and Kamiko return home. Sugiyama is relieved that Yamada has someone else in his life. He does not want to lose Kamiko to anyone; he fears to continue treatment for her because he fears Kamiko remembering Jin. He tries to block it by not mentioning it. However, the Kamiko feels that all is not in order. She can now remember a part of her life that was lost to her before. However, something appears not to be right something is missing she tries and tries to remember more but nothing s coming. She explains her fears to Sugiyama but he plays her fears down and always tries to change the subject. Kamiko is under a lot of stress. Sugiyama continues to try to convince Kamiko to marry him. He his desperately trying everything he can to bind her to him.

The stresses on Kamiko mount. With the combination of her drug treatment, the stresses of remembering her Life and meeting Yamada and her son Haruto, cause her to miscarriage at the end of her 1st Trimester. Sugiyama is devastated but continues to shelter and protect Kamiko. Kamiko begins to dream of her Life before Yamada. These dreams are warm and comforting but she can never fully remember. She still has no recollection of her life with Jin.

However, at night sometimes Kamiko would murmur Jin- Jin- Jin. Sugiyama awakes one night hearing her call for Jin and begins to realize that Wife is dreaming of her lost Husband. This disturbs him. He tries to distract her by proposing marriage and to convince her to have another child. He is beginning to get desperate to bind her to him. The stresses build up in Kamiko as the internal pressures from memories suppressed and the external pressures placed on her by Sugiyama build.

One Sunday morning Kamiko awakes and get dressed and walks out of the apartment. Sugiyama hears the door closing. He springs out of bed and quickly dresses and springs out of the house following after Kamiko. He spots her, as she is just about to turn a corner. She is a foot and he runs after her. He catches up with her and grabs her arm to ask her where she is going. She just stares at him as if he were a stranger. Indeed he is, for she has had a relapse and has forgotten her life with Sugiyama. He sees this, in her eyes, and is totally crushed. Holding her arm he collapses. Kamiko sees only a strange man that has collapsed and starts asking people for help. Sugiyama apparently recovers and convinces Kamiko to accompany him to a Doctor for treatment. She agrees. He uses his cell to call the Doctor Fujimoto and they meet at hospital, where instead of Sugiyama getting treatment; Kamiko is admitted, and begins treatment.

Sugiyama can only see the lost look in Kamiko’s eyes in his minds eye. This once again crushes him. His worst fears has already hit him he has lost Kamiko. This loss enables him to emphasize, for the first time, with the feelings that Jin and Yamada had. He had always ignored these as they were unreal to him, but faced with this loss, he begins to feel remorse that he left Jin out of the treatment phase and that he did not complete the treatment for Kamiko. He realises that her relapse was his fault. Kamiko is moved to a sanatorium for in patient care. Sugiyama after some consideration decides to call Jin.

Sugiyama informs Jin about the new case of memory loss and that Kamiko is being treated. Sugiyama blames himself for her condition and all the pressures that he has placed on her because of his fears of losing her. He apologizes to Jin.

Jin comes to the sanatorium and after being briefed by Sugiyama, speaks to Doctor Fujimoto. He is informed that Kamiko is really afraid, and at present Jin, Yamada, and Sugiyama should stay away, if he would like; Doctor Fujimoto will keep him informed of Wife’s progress by phone. He states that this time they will take their time and try to recover all of her dissociative memories and try to find the cause and hopefully a cure. Jin understands and agrees to stay away.

Spring comes, Yamada marries Chise. Yamada, Chise, and Haruto are happy. Jin and Katsumi attend their wedding. Jin is the best man. Jin is very happy for his friend Yamada. He is also relieved that Chise has found the type of man that she deserves.

By Mid May after eight months of treatment Kamiko has all of her memories back. She now knows what sent her over the edge. It was an irrational fear that Jin would love their daughter more than her. The stress of this was more than she could bear. She was never jealous while they were in school of other women for Jin never looked at another since the day they were together. The manifestation of his love for the child was the first time Kamiko ever had to confront that Jin could love for someone else. Doctor Fujimoto helped her to see that the love of a father is different than the romantic and deep love between Husband and Wife. Kamiko feels shame and a lot of pain for abandoning Jin and Katsumi. She is having slowly building up her courage to meet him again.

Kamiko meets with Sugiyama and explains to him that she loves Jin and will return to him, if he will take her, as soon as she builds up her courage. She thanks Sugiyama for his love and for looking out for her, but explains that although she did love him at the time they were together, that she does not anymore. She is very contrite for the pain she caused him and that if it was not for her sickness she would never have left home. After all she had loved Jin since they were children.

Sugiyama apologizes to Kamiko for placing the pressures on her that he did and realizes that possessiveness is not a substitute for love. He accepts that he will never see Kamiko again. Kamiko returns to the sanatorium to build up her courage.

On the first Sunday in June; Jin, Katsumi, and Hoshiko are just sitting down in the Living Room after eating lunch when the doorbell rings. They all wonder about who it could be on a Sunday. Jin goes to the door with Katsumi and Hoshiko following. He opens the door Kamiko is standing there and says in a low voice “I’m back.”

Jin, Katsumi, and Hoshiko spring on Kamiko and hugging her saying together, “Welcome Home!”

[i]
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Creativity Sounding Board   Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:19 pm

Oh whoa! That's really in-depth swedesamurai! So is it actually a completed story that you've finished writing??

I'm impressed though. It mixes all the elements you like, mainly the medical aspect since you mention that quite a bit in your HQ reviews. I never knew such an illness like that existed though. That would be pretty scary... Just suddenly waking up one day and not remembering anything...

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Creativity Sounding Board   Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:14 pm

aerysa wrote:
Oh whoa! That's really in-depth swedesamurai! So is it actually a completed story that you've finished writing??

I'm impressed though. It mixes all the elements you like, mainly the medical aspect since you mention that quite a bit in your HQ reviews. I never knew such an illness like that existed though. That would be pretty scary... Just suddenly waking up one day and not remembering anything...

It is indeed. Everything is so detailed and you can see the flow of the story. I believe there's more to the story and it's just waiting for swede to give the story it's polish.

@aerysa: Your story or rather bits and pieces have potential too. Is this going to be a sci-fi romance? I can see your story going in many directions... Pheyte and Axarian falling in love, the two of them fighting the system, a group of rebels/terrorists fighting/attacking the system/city, inside forces etc. Once you have a direction for the story, do let us know...

Idea that's been bouncing in my head

basic storyline

Magic/ fantasy romance with a bit of action adventure. A dragon prince is walking along the coastline next to a cliff when he sees someone falling off. He rushes over and finds a young woman (about 20) who's dying from the fall. Since dragons (Chinese/oriental ones anyway) have a pearl that is sometimes associated with longevity and power, he uses the pearl in hopes of healing her and save her life. However it backfires and the pearl, along with him are absorbed by the girl. The girl survives but now she has a living dragon in her and he manifests himself as a tattoo on her body (disclaimer: I thought of this plot way before the girl with the dragon tattoo, so no, i wasn't influenced by the name). She is a demon hunter and she had been fighting several demons before she was defeated and thrown down the cliff. then follows their quest to separate themselves again. On the way they fall in love, bla bla bla that kind of story. (it feels more like a manga story, honetsly)

Characters

I have yet to give them satisfactory names but the characters I have thought up:

Hero: Dragon prince, 500 years old, give or take. Long black hair with aquamarine eyes, fair and tall. I have yet to decide on the height.

Heroine: Demon hunter/slayer, 20-21 at the start of the story (prologue, perhaps) she will age further but not sure how many years. Slender, dark hair and eyes (colour undetermined) Also have not decided on her height.

Side/supporting characters

Elder Brother of hero
Younger sister of hero
The dragon king and Queen (hero's parents)

Frederick "Freddy" Zilant (strange how he's got a name first): Demon hunter, age undetermined, blonde with green eyes, sense of humour and a slight crush on the heroine.
Kai: Also a demon hunter, silver hair and eyes, mysterious come and go character. He and heroine may be related.

There are more but this is so far the basic outlines that I have so far...
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Creativity Sounding Board   Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:58 am

silvery wrote:
@aerysa: Your story or rather bits and pieces have potential too. Is this going to be a sci-fi romance? I can see your story going in many directions... Pheyte and Axarian falling in love, the two of them fighting the system, a group of rebels/terrorists fighting/attacking the system/city, inside forces etc. Once you have a direction for the story, do let us know...
Strangely enough... This is one of the story ideas I had where romance didn't play a big part, if any part at all... Laughing

From what I can recall, the story was supposed to follow where Pheyte finds a young boy who may or may not have been part of a big crime. Given the strict laws, basically "guilty until proven otherwise", he's placed under confinement and treated like a common criminal. She has the feeling that he isn't involved, but has no proof. And so, she fights back against the system. She does everything she can to free the boy, even though it's just not done. And eventually gets kicked out of the group for all her efforts. So basically gains her wish of freedom, after all this hardship.

The details weren't really worked out so I didn't say anything at first. And really, it's a very old idea that I had maaany years ago. Doesn't help that I pretty much get new story ideas every so often Rolling Eyes Hard to keep track of them all unless I take the time to write everything down.

As for your story...
Sounds fun! How the dragon guy gets absorbed into the girl. Though that would suggest that there's something special about her? Like beyond being just a demon hunter.

And honestly, that would be suuuper creepy! Laughing Like a man living in you, but isn't you... *shivers* And like how intertwined are the two? Like can he hear her thoughts and see what she sees or is he just "there"?

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Creativity Sounding Board   Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:27 pm

aerysa wrote:

As for your story...
Sounds fun! How the dragon guy gets absorbed into the girl. Though that would suggest that there's something special about her? Like beyond being just a demon hunter.

And honestly, that would be suuuper creepy! Laughing Like a man living in you, but isn't you... *shivers* And like how intertwined are the two? Like can he hear her thoughts and see what she sees or is he just "there"?

Well, yes, I do have plans for the girl not being all human. If I recall, her father is also a dragon, and she takes up after him, as in born with a pearl of her own. But because her pearl is too small and cannot support her powers, her father took the pearl away in hopes of letting her live like a human, and at the same time, protect her pearl, which is equivalent to her life. So when the dragon prince put his pearl near her, she absorbed it, because her body was made to contain a dragons' pearl.

As for the prince, he's usually is in hibernation, as his pearl, which was meant to only support one life is now supporting two. She uses his powers to seek artifacts that can remove the pearl without killing her or him and he only wakes when she's in danger or when she bathes the tattoo in the light of the full moon. They do communicate when he's inside her, and sometimes through dreams. Literally a dream guy. Laughing

@aerysa: I think your story sounds good. A woman's quest to prove a person's innocence, the wish to leave a confining system, I would also say a sense of self worth as well, if she's kicked out of the system early. After all, she was trained since a young age to live only for this group. The adjustment period would also be interesting to read/write about.
Back to top Go down
rayghiemay

PostSubject: Re: Creativity Sounding Board   Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:43 pm

swedesamurai wrote:

I know that usually I use the colour blue and italic letters when making a post but since this is a story outline I thought I would use normal text.

Premise for story:
Years ago when my last son was in his mother’s womb I came across an Article in the German Journal of Psychology – I read Harlequins for entertainment and I read scientific papers to broaden my knowledge (I’m just too curious about everything). I came across an article about Dissociative Amnesia Related to Pregnancy. Well when your significant other is pregnant, you become a quasi-hypochondriac and worry about everything. So what who happen if your spouse had amnesia after the Birth of your child and disappears? Of course the husband doesn’t now the wife has amnesia so this story was born. I glad that my son was born healthy and that his mother did not in fact come don with amnesia. Whew!!!!!

Revolver Characters

Jin Kameda - Husband

Kamiko Kameda – Wife (Kichida)

Kamiko Kichida – Wife Maiden Name

Katsumi Kameda – Daughter

Hoshiko Kameda – Mother

Akihiro Yamada- Man 2

Haruto Yamada- Man 2 Son

Masato Sugiyama – Man 3

Shoji Fujimoto – Doctor

Chise Shintani –Date

Hiroshi Tanaka – Police Detective Sergeant

Mitsuko Tsuda – Head Waitress

Story Outline:

Jin Kameda marries Kamiko Kichida his childhood friend and high school sweetheart, just after High School. They have a daughter, Katsumi, 1 year after they are married. Jin works in a large retail chain store in an entry level job. This job can lead to internal advancement and because he supports his mother, Hoshiko, cannot afford to go to University. They live in the house of the man’s mother. Kamiko and Hoshiko get along real well since they have known each other since the girl was in elementary school. Jin and Kamiko are happily married.

Jin and Kamiko support each other and complement each other. It seems perfect for example when Kamiko becomes pregnant and fears that she would not be a good mother the man assures her that she will be. He’s known her for years and knows how caring she is and how much love she has in her heart and there could never be a reason that she would not be a good mother except if she was to be a great mother. The togetherness that they share seems to solve all problems. Kamiko seems reassured and prepared to be a mother. Life goes on as normal as Jin works, comes home and spends time with first Kamiko and after Katsumi’s birth with his Kamiko and Katsumi. Together with Hoshiko they form a loving and peaceful family unit.

Shortly after the Katsumi’s 2d birthday Kamiko suddenly disappears. Jin and Hoshiko can not understand her disappearance, the family was so close and no indications of disaffection or dissatisfaction ever appeared. There is no note and no clues. Kamiko has not taken any extra clothes she has just vanished leaving all behind. Jin is frantic and checks every with every person that the couple knows, searching for the whereabouts of Kamiko. No one knows where she is.

Jin goes to the police to report that his wife is missing. The Police place Kamiko on a missing person’s bulletin. Jin constantly goes back to the police awaiting news but nothing comes up. He starts to aggravate the police, with his repeated visits, and one of them begins to suspect him of doing something to Kamiko. They start investigating him, assigning Police Detective Sergeant Hiroshi Tanaka to investigate him. Detective Sergeant Tanaka finds nothing. The detective that does the investigation is really surprised to find out that couple were high school sweethearts and had a happy marriage. Sergeant Tanaka feels real sorry for Jin and consoles him as much as possible but explains that the limit of what the police can do is at an end.

Sergeant Tanaka informs Jin that since a couple of months have passed that either Kamiko has purposely left and covered her tracks; or she has fallen prey to foul play. With no leads the Police are forced to assume that Kamiko is purposely hiding or is dead. Jin takes this news really bad. He knows that she is not dead, and he can not understand why she would abandon him and her family.

Jin, just makes ends meet so he can’t afford to hire a private detective nor miss work so he is forced to raise his daughter with his mothers help alone. He is constantly posting missing persons notices at supermarkets on streetlights and daily can be found surfing the internet looking for his wife. He is constantly in chat rooms and is posting her picture just about anywhere that he can upload it.

A year goes by, then two, then three. Jin goes to work every day and come home to Katsumi. Because of the loss of his wife he is spends as much time as he can with his daughter. He still does not give up hope of finding Kamiko. His daily ritual is work, spend time with his daughter, and help his mother. After that he surfs on the internet looking for clues of his lost wife.

After four years the Jin has been promoted and has been selected for in house managerial training. He is moving up in the world. His relationships with his Katsumi and Hoshiko are great. He however is still alone, missing Kamiko and privately is very depressed. To the outside world he has built a false façade of a happy energetic person but alone he is despondent. He misses Kamiko so much. His friends try to convince him that she is either dead or has abandoned him and he should find another woman. He refuses because Kamiko was the love of his life and he knows that no one else can replace her.

At age six Katsumi starts school. After 4 and one half years: One night he is surfing on the internet when he sees a notice for a missing woman from a man from a place just two towns away from where he lives. The other man has posted a picture of his missing girl friend and woman pictured is exactly the same as his wife. He contacts the man per email with a picture of his wife. They agree to meet. He calls the police and talks to the Police Detective Sergeant Tanaka from before and he agrees to accompany the man to the meeting.

They meet at the apartment of the man from the internet. His name is Akihiro Yamada. The two men show each other pictures of their missing women. The women in the pictures are identical. The two men are astounded. The police detective begins to question the man and his story is:

Around 3 and one half years before, he met his girl friend, Kamiko Kichida. She was working as a waitress in a diner in his town. After asking her repeatedly to go out with him she finally did. Over the next six months they gradually fell in love and then moved in with each other. She never talked about her past. But sometimes at night he would hear her call out for a Jin who ever that was. She claimed never to remember. Their relationship was almost perfect she was accepted by all of his friends. Apparently she did not have two many friends of her own except those who worked at the diner. This however did not bother the man because everything that they did together was like heaven to him.

Detective Tanaka investigates the background of Kamiko Kichida in this town. He is interested in how she obtained work and a place to live before she met Akihiro Yamada. He interviews the head waitress at the diner, Mitsuko Tsuda, about how she got a job there. She said about 4 and one half years ago Kamiko showed up at the diner and had a coffee and just sat for hours. She seems distressed. Mitsuko Tsuda has previously been in an abusive relationship and thought the symptoms that Kamiko displayed were a result of some problem with a man. She decided to help her. She got her a job at the diner, and even co signed for her to get an apartment. She did not question Kamiko too much about her past and Kamiko never volunteered information about it. Mitsuko Tsuda has always thought that some things are left best alone. Detective Tanaka questioned several other workers at the diner and found out that Kamiko was well liked and after meeting Akihiro Yamada she seemed to be happy.

Even after meeting Yamada Kamiko continued to work at the diner. Akihiro Yamada had asked Kamiko to marry him, she refused. This bothered Yamada, and for a couple years he was relentless in asking her to marry him, but she always refused. She said that was something she could never do. When pressed by him she once said it was something that she would never do again. He asked her if she had been married before but she never answered him. But he did not care so long as she was by his side.

Kamiko made friends fast and easily and they settled into a regular relationship where Yamada worked full time and Kamiko took care of him and the apartment; while working part time at the diner. Kamiko became pregnant and had a baby boy, Haruto. Yamada accepted and recognized the son. He said everything was looking up; that they planned for their future lives together. Everything seemed to be in order. Sure he worked hard and long hours but he always made time for her too. No there was conflict in their relationship. Then one day he went to work and when he came back, she was gone. Only a note saying, that she was going out and to pick the baby up at the Sitters. The man was devastated.

The two instant Bachelors looked at each other and they both resembled each other. In body and deportment aside from their faces they could have been twins. The detective noticed this early on but kept quiet about it. Of course the man reported it to the local police and the detective checked on the progress that had been made, but apparently just as in the first case there were no leads. The woman just disappeared from the face of the earth.

Jin explained to Akihiro about his life with Kamiko. The two men seemed to bond with the loss of the same woman. Strange Jin thought that he should feel jealous and hurt because of the relationship between Kamiko and Akihiro but he was more relieved that Kamiko was alive. He knew now that she was in some sort of trouble. Jin resolved not to give up but to find her somehow someway.

Several days later Detective Tanaka informed both Jin and Akihiro what he learned about Kamiko from the diner that she worked at. He also reported that although he interviewed her neighbors no one had an idea of where she could be. Both men left the meeting in a depressive mood. No trace of Kamiko was found.

In the ensuing weeks following the meeting the two men would meet and sometimes bring their children. In a sad way the loss that each of the two men shared bonded them at first for support and understanding but as time went by they became friends out of having each possessing a like personality. Over the years they would meet at least twice a week and would spend vacations together.

Both continued to pursue their lost women on the internet and life went on. Katsumi grew and progressed well in school. His career took off and he was now in upper middle management and could provide well for his daughter and mother. Searching for his wife in the ensuing years became a routine. Reading Blogs, entering Chats rooms, Instant Messaging, but nothing turned up. Still Jin pursued it with a will. He would not give up. He knew that Kamiko was in trouble and needed her.

Life goes on and his daughter is now 10 and entering the 5th grade in school. Jin continues to search and continues to hope. He just knows that Kamiko is out there somewhere and in trouble; and that she needs him. He has over the years been sad, despondent, insecure, angry, and lost but no one would ever guess that he has gone through each of these successive stages because he puts on his war face to the world and every one thinks everything is OK. Because his underlying personality is one of fairness and compassion he treats all he comes in contact with, with respect and always displays a optimistic and cheerful disposition. Little do most people know how much at night he cries, nor about his fits of rage at being so helpless, nor of the hours spent just sitting and staring off into space. As each day goes by, his loneliness increases. Jin knows he is alone and can not stand it.

It’s been 9 years since his Kamiko disappeared. He continues to hold on to hope. During this year some of his friends set him up on a blind date with a woman that they feel would be right for her. Chise Shintani seems to be the right kind of woman for him. Their personalities match and they enjoy each other’s company. She also likes his Katsumi more over his Katsumi likes her. He sees Chise a couple times and is always a gentleman in her presence.

Katsumi who des not remember her mother, but who knows that Jin is suffering from his loss of her begins to pressure Jin into seeing Chise. Secretly Katsumi is hoping that Chise will make her father happy. Katsumi sees Chise as a good match for her father. Katsumi tells Jin this and although he gets along with Chise very well; she is not Kamiko. He can’t bring himself to replace Kamiko. Jin loved his Kamiko so much and to him it is impossible for him to have another by his side. Chise senses something is wrong for her relationship with Jin is not moving forward. Chise wants to develop the relationship but he refuses to get closer. On their dates he has never held her hand let alone hugged or kissed her. He has remained ever correct and amusing, serious, and kind but he has never let her into his heart.

Chise confronts Jin about this, and he tells her that she is a great person and that she would make a great wife; but not for him. He explains about his love for Kamiko about how much she means to him. In Kamiko, Jin found his partner and no one could replace her. Even if he were to fall in love with her it would never be the same for him, because Chise is not Kamiko. Chise might be able to occupy a place in his heart but she would never fill it. He thinks that this would be unfair to them both. Chise tells Jin that he is the type of man she was always looking for and that she doubted that she would ever find another like him.

Jin says well as a matter of fact that he knew a man just like him. In looks personality and temperament. If that’s the type of man you’re looking for may be I can set you up. Chise looks at him with a lot of skepticism. Jin tells her about Akihiro Yamada. Hell tells her about the circumstances of how they met and how they are just alike in so many ways. Surprisingly she agrees to meet him

After introducing Chise to Akihiro; while surfing in his social networks, Jin comes into contact with a woman. Her internet name is written in English as K.K. The contact comes in a primitive chat room, where the man responds to a woman who writes…

I am Alone and feeling empty. The walls seem to close in on me. I can not remember important things. I feel so lost, it seems that I have forgotten many important things, and there is a vast emptiness in me that just will not go away. It seems that a part of me is lost and that I am losing more of it everyday. What is happening to me?

Something about the way that this message is posted strikes Jin as familiar. He responds that he has felt emptiness for years and understands what she is feeling. He explains that each cause of emptiness is different. His emptiness comes from a specific loss that can not be replaced. He recognizes this and continues on, but that it is not easy. He admits that this emptiness is a scary thing. Whether the emptiness comes from a loss of memory, a loss of a dear one or just a loss of character it is a very lonely and personal loss and that it is scary.

K.K. responds the next day and they exchange parts of their stories with each other. Not in detail but she seems drawn to him by the way he is discussing her problems with him. She finds it comforting. Jin finds out that she is an unmarried woman expecting. K.K. says that she should be happy because she loves the man in her life but each day there is more difficult than the one before. It is not what the man does that makes her the way she is. He is nice but as time goes by she forgets some parts of her life with him and it seems a part of her soul dies with each loss.

Over time, Jin asks K.K. about her past at first she is evasive about it. After more discussion she admits that she can not remember much of her past. Some things she can remember but much is gone. Not just about her present relationship but of many things in her past. Then…

“What worries me the most is that I feel that I will not be a good mother….”

Jin sits dumbfounded for this is exactly the same conversation he had had with his Kamiko about ten years ago. He decides that he must somehow meet this person.

They exchange email addresses and he wonders how to meet her. Jin finally sends her a picture of him and says that he would like to meet her and her friend, that maybe together they could find a solution to her problems. Jin explains that he is a single father, who is devoted to raising his daughter, so there should not be anything to fear from him. Jin does it in a way that convinces her to talk to her friend first so that an arranged meeting is agreed upon.

In another email session; Jin reassures the friend of the woman that he is not trying to take her away from him but is only trying to help and if it works then their relationship will be fixed and they can get on with their lives. The friend, Masato Sugiyama, agrees and they meet.

As soon as Jin meets the couple he knows that this is his Kamiko. They meet at the couple’s apartment. Kamiko has aged in the ten years but still looks as beautiful to him as the day that she left. The man once again could be a spitting image of his self. His body build and stance are just like his, and come to think of it just Akihiro Yamada; all three of us could be triplets! It is obvious that Masato Sugiyama loves Kamiko, just as Akihiro Yamada did and as surely as much as Jin does himself.

Kamiko does not seem to recognize him. This in a way hurts him more than anything he has ever encountered. The conversation stumbles as Jin ponders what to do? Although he suspected and hope it would be her; the reality of it paralyses him into in action.

Should he confront the couple with the truth? Or should he just dance around it? He decides to go for the truth. He tells them that eight years ago his wife disappeared. He shows them a picture that he had of her. The couple is shocked. He tells them of his life with Kamiko her disappearance, his search and about Akihiro Yamada. Not only does he show them pictures of him and Kamiko but he shows them pictures of Akihiro with Kamiko. This was another shock for the couple of them.

Jin looks Kamiko in the eyes and says, “You don’t remember me do you?”

Kamiko returns Jin’s look and Jin can see in her eyes that she doesn’t know him. Jin breaks the silence of the stares and says, “Hi, I’m Jin.” Kamiko shakes her head. Jin notices that Kamiko is feeling very uncomfortable, so he breaks eye contact. Suddenly Kamiko stands and runs from the room. He tells Sugiyama to go after her and not to let her out of his sight. Jin knows that Kamiko is confused and that for him to chase after her would complicate matters worse. Jin is beginning to believe Kamiko is suffering some form of amnesia or depression, God he wished that he could understand what is going on. The depression part he can emphasize with from his bouts of depression since Kamiko’s disappearance 10 years ago. After a while the couple has still not returned so he places a business card on the table and leaves.

The next day, at work Jin receives a phone call, from Masato Sugiyama. Sugiyama states that Kamiko does want to see him again. Sugiyama thinks that this is right. Jin tells Sugiyama that he should take her to see a psychiatrist. Sugiyama says that he loves her and will protect her at all costs. He will not give her up. Jin relates the story of his and Yamada’s loss once again to Sugiyama. Jin stressed that Kamiko might one day also run out on him. Not by choice but something is wrong with her. Sugiyama does not sound convinced so the Jin gives him the contact information for Yamada and asks Sugiyama if he was willing to meet with Yamada. Reluctantly Sugiyama agrees and Jin arranges a meeting between Yamada and Sugiyama. Sugiyama is obviously very anxious and concerned over his Kamiko’s state of mind.

Jin also tells Sugiyama about what Police Detective Sergeant Tanaka uncovered in Yamada’s town. He quickly uses his mobile phone to call Tanaka to see if he could come to the meeting with Sugiyama. He agrees. Sugiyama is wary of Jin’s reasons for this meeting and asks him not to attend because he wanted to hear from Yamada and Tanaka independently. Jin agrees. Sugiyama, Yamada, and Tanaka agree to meet at a bar and discuss the matter over drinks.

Sugiyama meets with Yamada and they exchange stories. Sugiyama learns of Yamada’s and Kamiko’s son and the disappearance of Kamiko from Yamada’s life 4 years ago. Tanaka informed Sugiyama of his investigation of both Jin and Kamiko. Tanaka suggests that to get a complete picture of the situation Jin should also be at this meeting. Sugiyama reluctantly gives in and calls Jin on his mobile phone and Jin joins them.

Jin relates his story to Sugiyama and Yamada in great detail. He told them how the Kamiko and he grew up and went to school together. How theirs was a fairy tale romance and wedding and how it ended. Both of them told of their bewilderment at the disappearance of Kamiko. Jin also learns for the first time that his Chise and Akihiro are seeing each other seriously and that they are a regular item in the mean time.

Sugiyama is afraid of losing Kamiko. But with the photographic evidence and the information by the police convince him that Kamiko is the same woman; the wife of Jin; the ex-lover of Akihiro; as well as his current lover. He begins to open up to the three men and relates how he met Kamiko.

Sugiyama met Kamiko one day about a year ago when she showed up at his company as a temporary worker. One day after work he invited her to dinner and one thing lead to the next and then they started to see each other. Before he knew it she was living with him and the two of them were really happy. He asked her to marry him but she also refused him. She said it was something that she would never do again. The way he related this part of the story was almost identical to the story that Yamada lived through. He also disclosed to the Jin and Akihiro that Kamiko was pregnant. She was only about a month pregnant and they were really looking forward to the child. He also stated that he has recently begun to put pressure on Kamiko to marry him; but thus far all attempts have failed.

As much as the Jin wishes to have Kamiko back he does not want to endanger her health while she is carrying. He also does not want to spook her into disappearing again. So he recommends to Sugiyama that he should get her some type of psychiatric help. The fears that she has of being a good mother were all shared fears that he and Yamada had with her. Tanaka said that, “Sometime after the exhibition to this symptom the wife would disappear.” Jin tells Sugiyama that unless he wants to lose her he should take action now and get her treated and hopefully cured.

This leaves the Jin in a quandary because he wants Kamiko back but he also wants her to be safe and healed. From his last meeting; with Kamiko, he knows that if he was to directly intervene; that Kamiko would reject the help and possibly run. He has to leave it in the hands of Sugiyama. Jin knows the risk that he is taking, once healed Kamiko would probably stay with Sugiyama. He reconciles with himself that it is better if the wife is healed and lives a normal life even if it is not with him.

Sugiyama arranges to talk to a psychiatrist, Shoji Fujimoto, he gives the Doctor all of the background information that the Jin and Yamada have given him. He provides the information of what has passed since he met Kamiko. The Doctor Fujimoto informs him that it could be a case of, Dissociative Amnesia or an extreme form of Post Partum Amnesia but that he could not really tell until he examines Kamiko.

After considerable discussion between Sugiyama and Kamiko; she agrees to see the Doctor Fujimoto. After examining her and listening to her Fujimoto begins therapy with relaxing drug treatments, memory exercises, and finally hypnosis. The woman begins to remember her life going back through her time with Sugiyama 3 then her past with Yamada begins to open up to her.

Kamiko is confused at this point over her past and can only remember her life with Sugiyama and Yamada. She feels that this is too much pressure and wants to slow down on the treatment Sugiyama and Fujimoto agree. She is now living with the memories of her lives with Sugiyama and Yamada. She feels that she should meet Yamada and confirm her past relationship with him.

Sugiyama telephones Jin and informs him of the status of the treatment that Kamiko is undergoing. Jin has many questions but Sugiyama because he sees Jin as a Threat is short with him. He does however give him the telephone number of Doctor Fujimoto. Jin calls Doctor Fujimoto and explains who he is what interest he has in Kamiko’s case. The Doctor agrees to meet with Jin. The Doctor informs Jin that he has regained Kamiko’s memories to the point of her relationship with Yamada. He is taking it slow so that she can get used to regaining one aspect of her lost life. He recommends that Jin stay out of the treatment until Kamiko starts to remember him and comes to grips with her past. The Doctor cannot promise Jin that she will come back to him. So much time has gone by and her emotional state is ifferent than it was 10 years ago. Jin understands. He agrees to keep his distance but requests to be informed of the treatment and her progress.

Jin informs Katsumi and Hoshiko that Kamiko has been found and that she seems to have lost her memory. Both Katsumi and Hoshiko are anxious over this development. Jin tells them that she is in treatment and that they should be patient. He informs them of all of the details that he knows of about her life with Yamada and Sugiyama. He tells them that he still loves her and understands that her actions were caused by her sickness and not by intention or evil intent. He tells them that if and when she is cured and has memories back and that if she decides to return home he would welcome her and that both mother and daughter should too.

Kamiko and Sugiyama meet with Yamada, his son, Haruto, and the Chise. Chise has since moved in with Yamada. Yamada has decided to provide a mother for Haruto and to seek a new partner. Yamada feels that the Chise at this point is the correct woman to meet his needs and has fallen in love with her. They plan to marry in spring. Kamiko apologizes to Yamada for her actions and informs him that at the time she was really in love with him and cherished him above all else. She does not know yet why she behaved the way that she did, and really is sorry for the problems that she has caused him. She also speaks to her son and explains that she was sick and forgot everything and that with care that she is getting she will be better and asks him if he could foresee a chance that they could meet as friends in the future. The son is looking forward to her getting better but has grown attachments to Chise and sees her as his mother.

Sugiyama and Kamiko return home. Sugiyama is relieved that Yamada has someone else in his life. He does not want to lose Kamiko to anyone; he fears to continue treatment for her because he fears Kamiko remembering Jin. He tries to block it by not mentioning it. However, the Kamiko feels that all is not in order. She can now remember a part of her life that was lost to her before. However, something appears not to be right something is missing she tries and tries to remember more but nothing s coming. She explains her fears to Sugiyama but he plays her fears down and always tries to change the subject. Kamiko is under a lot of stress. Sugiyama continues to try to convince Kamiko to marry him. He his desperately trying everything he can to bind her to him.

The stresses on Kamiko mount. With the combination of her drug treatment, the stresses of remembering her Life and meeting Yamada and her son Haruto, cause her to miscarriage at the end of her 1st Trimester. Sugiyama is devastated but continues to shelter and protect Kamiko. Kamiko begins to dream of her Life before Yamada. These dreams are warm and comforting but she can never fully remember. She still has no recollection of her life with Jin.

However, at night sometimes Kamiko would murmur Jin- Jin- Jin. Sugiyama awakes one night hearing her call for Jin and begins to realize that Wife is dreaming of her lost Husband. This disturbs him. He tries to distract her by proposing marriage and to convince her to have another child. He is beginning to get desperate to bind her to him. The stresses build up in Kamiko as the internal pressures from memories suppressed and the external pressures placed on her by Sugiyama build.

One Sunday morning Kamiko awakes and get dressed and walks out of the apartment. Sugiyama hears the door closing. He springs out of bed and quickly dresses and springs out of the house following after Kamiko. He spots her, as she is just about to turn a corner. She is a foot and he runs after her. He catches up with her and grabs her arm to ask her where she is going. She just stares at him as if he were a stranger. Indeed he is, for she has had a relapse and has forgotten her life with Sugiyama. He sees this, in her eyes, and is totally crushed. Holding her arm he collapses. Kamiko sees only a strange man that has collapsed and starts asking people for help. Sugiyama apparently recovers and convinces Kamiko to accompany him to a Doctor for treatment. She agrees. He uses his cell to call the Doctor Fujimoto and they meet at hospital, where instead of Sugiyama getting treatment; Kamiko is admitted, and begins treatment.

Sugiyama can only see the lost look in Kamiko’s eyes in his minds eye. This once again crushes him. His worst fears has already hit him he has lost Kamiko. This loss enables him to emphasize, for the first time, with the feelings that Jin and Yamada had. He had always ignored these as they were unreal to him, but faced with this loss, he begins to feel remorse that he left Jin out of the treatment phase and that he did not complete the treatment for Kamiko. He realises that her relapse was his fault. Kamiko is moved to a sanatorium for in patient care. Sugiyama after some consideration decides to call Jin.

Sugiyama informs Jin about the new case of memory loss and that Kamiko is being treated. Sugiyama blames himself for her condition and all the pressures that he has placed on her because of his fears of losing her. He apologizes to Jin.

Jin comes to the sanatorium and after being briefed by Sugiyama, speaks to Doctor Fujimoto. He is informed that Kamiko is really afraid, and at present Jin, Yamada, and Sugiyama should stay away, if he would like; Doctor Fujimoto will keep him informed of Wife’s progress by phone. He states that this time they will take their time and try to recover all of her dissociative memories and try to find the cause and hopefully a cure. Jin understands and agrees to stay away.

Spring comes, Yamada marries Chise. Yamada, Chise, and Haruto are happy. Jin and Katsumi attend their wedding. Jin is the best man. Jin is very happy for his friend Yamada. He is also relieved that Chise has found the type of man that she deserves.

By Mid May after eight months of treatment Kamiko has all of her memories back. She now knows what sent her over the edge. It was an irrational fear that Jin would love their daughter more than her. The stress of this was more than she could bear. She was never jealous while they were in school of other women for Jin never looked at another since the day they were together. The manifestation of his love for the child was the first time Kamiko ever had to confront that Jin could love for someone else. Doctor Fujimoto helped her to see that the love of a father is different than the romantic and deep love between Husband and Wife. Kamiko feels shame and a lot of pain for abandoning Jin and Katsumi. She is having slowly building up her courage to meet him again.

Kamiko meets with Sugiyama and explains to him that she loves Jin and will return to him, if he will take her, as soon as she builds up her courage. She thanks Sugiyama for his love and for looking out for her, but explains that although she did love him at the time they were together, that she does not anymore. She is very contrite for the pain she caused him and that if it was not for her sickness she would never have left home. After all she had loved Jin since they were children.

Sugiyama apologizes to Kamiko for placing the pressures on her that he did and realizes that possessiveness is not a substitute for love. He accepts that he will never see Kamiko again. Kamiko returns to the sanatorium to build up her courage.

On the first Sunday in June; Jin, Katsumi, and Hoshiko are just sitting down in the Living Room after eating lunch when the doorbell rings. They all wonder about who it could be on a Sunday. Jin goes to the door with Katsumi and Hoshiko following. He opens the door Kamiko is standing there and says in a low voice “I’m back.”

Jin, Katsumi, and Hoshiko spring on Kamiko and hugging her saying together, “Welcome Home!”

[i]

i like how the story flowed and ended.
when will you be writing again? Very Happy

"Fear can only ruin your life if you will allow for it to. In our lives we can try to bypass our fears by staying away from them as much as possible, but to truly conquer each fear we must step up to it, and take it on. We can only defeat something if we are willing to compete against it, and with a strong heart, a determined attitude, and an unbreakable will, there is nothing in this world we can't defeat if we give it our all."

afro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Creativity Sounding Board   

Back to top Go down

Creativity Sounding Board
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1