Share | 

Diamond Life

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Duchess
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Diamond Life   Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:39 pm

I haven't been that surprised about something in a manga in a long time, not since i read Nana, after reading chapter 8 i wonder if they're going to have a happy ending Question

Check-out Colorful Shoe Prints

Bespoke Cakes for your Memorable Occasions
Back to top Go down
Mana89

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Life   Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:44 pm

Ahh I actually cried when I read this chapter I mean I am a huge cry baby when it come to Manga but this was as u stated about your shock from Nana I would say that sad n lonely feeling I had reading thru Nana was wat I was left with here I was all yay mutual feelings then but whyyyy followed by tears I wanna know how and if they will manage a happy ending I find Diamond Life a wonderful story thanks for picking it up
Back to top Go down
ddaredevil
Valued Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Life   Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:26 am

same here duchess but I think they are going to have a happy ending Smile
Back to top Go down
Asha2188
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Spoiler Alert!!   Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:07 pm

Highlight to read
They do have a happy ending Haruki and Kanae have a son together named Kouki.
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Life   Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:27 pm

Well, I like the plot of the story. It's has a Cinderella feel to it, yet with a twist. But is it just me? I think the art is kind of... Inconsistent or sloppy sometimes. scratch

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Life   Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:00 pm

I can see where you are coming from with the art being inconsistent. But I don't think it is ever really bad. I have seen plenty worse. I am sure you have too. But for me the story is what makes this one great not the art really.
I really like the story. It is pretty hard to get such a original story now a days. Plus they are able to add humor even with such a heavy topic and make it interesting and educational at the same time. The person who made this is in my opinion very smart and skilled at writing.
I've read somewhere some spoilers about it, but I wonder if it was the truth or not. However, because I did read it, I can't give my guesses about how it will end because i may have more info if the info I heard was really the truth. I had looked it up before you picked up diamond life. Since I was unsure I would be able to finish it and I really wanted to so I tried to find summaries and stumbled upon someone talking about the ending, anyways, I look forward to reading more. sunny
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Life   Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:50 pm

Yeah, that's true. It's not BAD art or anything, just inconsistent. But like you, I'm drawn in by the story itself. The latest chapters really threw in a curveball! I like that though. It isn't the same "rich guy wants poor girl" story that you tend to get. And the issue was addressed in a very realistic manner.

I guess for the humor, there are always some typical character types. Like the president's partner being the serious one who adds the drama while Kanae's dad is the one who adds in the humor. And even the president himself... I think it has a good balance of both.

I never heard of it before they started scanlating so I don't know anything extra about the story. Just waiting patiently for chapters to be released ^^

PostSubject: Question (spoiler)   Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:18 pm

If you have not read chapter 11 don't check the spoilers unless you want to listen to talk about it before you read it. I want to see if anyone else has some guesses about this.

Question(spoiler):
Spoiler:

Some ramblings about chapter 11 and some of my thoughts in regards to my question:
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Glad it's on a roll   Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:09 pm

I was so glad when they picked this manga up and am even more so that it is coming out quickly. When I read the part about HIV, I was like "didn't see that one coming."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Life   Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:58 am

thanks for doing this proyect. Is an excelent work, not really good drawing but cute plot and characters.

thank you very much.
Anochan!
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Life   Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:11 am

amayahime wrote:
I was so glad when they picked this manga up and am even more so that it is coming out quickly. When I read the part about HIV, I was like "didn't see that one coming."
Yeah, that part was really unexpected! I mean, the title of the chapter hinted at something that was a big secret, but I didn't except it to be about HIV.

As for casandra29's topic.

Spoiler:

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Life   Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:44 pm

So happy this was picked up.
I was shocked when the HIV part came out, but relieved in a way. I couldn't figure out why he was being such a jerk to her. It sure explained a lot, and made me like him a lot more. Hope it ends well, always super excited for the updates. Thank you!!!
Back to top Go down
Duchess
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Life   Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:15 am

Read Spoiler only if you've read chapter 11

Spoiler:

Check-out Colorful Shoe Prints

Bespoke Cakes for your Memorable Occasions
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Life   Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:36 pm

Duchess wrote:
Read Spoiler only if you've read chapter 11

Spoiler:

Unfortunately I already heard a little from a place who spoiled a small portion for me prior to you picking up this manhwa cause nobody was working on it for a while and i wasn't sure if I was going to get to read the ending... but I don't know anything leading up to the ending and just one small portion of something that happens in the future that is unrelated to what is going on now. That's all I know about. So I can only speculate on this question I am asking about the next chapter.

In these spoiler's we are talking about chapter 11 so don't read it until you have finished the chapter. The question I asked is in my previous post in the spoiler. I have written in the beginning of this spoiler below a response to a small portion of aerysa's thoughts on my question as well as some more thoughts on my speculation.

Spoiler:

Below this spoiler, I am talking about some other possibilities, no matter how unlikely, that could be the answer to my spoiler question in the previous post.
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Life   Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:30 pm

Okay, so I cheated and took a look at the raws even though I couldn't read anything... So I already know the answer Laughing But I won't say anything and my reply is based on my feeling prior to discovering the truth.

casandra29 wrote:
Below this spoiler, I am talking about some other possibilities, no matter how unlikely, that could be the answer to my spoiler question in the previous post.
Spoiler:

My opinions on the list of "possibilities".
Spoiler:

Now just to wait patiently for the scanlations~

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Life   Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:48 pm

Oh and quickly in regards to one of the options we spoke of. I think cheating is not far fetched for someone young. I think someone of his looks and intellect could have been like he is now all along... so your way is a possibility. But just because he is nice now doesn't mean he was back then. People change with major life changing events and they start to appreciate things that they didn't before. I am not saying that is what happened in this case... just that it is not out of the question. But other than that, I don't really have anything else to say about diamond life. It is one of my favorites so I was just wanting to discuss it.

I hope this discussion wasn't sounding to you like I was trying to push you all to get it out quicker. You said just patiently wait... so I worried I might have somehow come across as trying to push the people to release it quicker. Anyways, have a good day. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Life   Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:31 pm

I wonder if anyone else cried while reading chapter 12. Sad
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Life   Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:44 pm

casandra29 wrote:
I wonder if anyone else cried while reading chapter 12. Sad
Well, I didn't cry, but I felt emotional. I really like how Oda added in that personal aspect to the speech - like how Kanae was saying it wasn't originally a heartfelt speech, but he was able to do that by relating to everyone on a personal level. It takes a lot of courage to share something like that, especially when the subject itself is somewhat taboo AND he was doing so in front of sooo many people. I mean, I get nervous just talking in front of a small group of people... Embarassed

And I meant patiently wait (as in me) for the releases since I get excited about it when I start chit-chatting about it! Makes me more eager to see what happens next. haha, I didn't mean that you were being pushy or anything like that.

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Life   Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:34 am

There are two things I like about this one:
It occurs while there are some Aids treatments. If the story had occurred a few years previously, the lead man's prognosis would not nearly be as good.
It is a heterosexual couple. It isn't a gay only disease so it is good to have this type of variety.

P.S. If you get a chance, see the movie Jeffery. There the couple is gay but it is one that concludes that the best way to handle a serious and heavy topic is with comedy.
Back to top Go down
noyb

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Life   Sun May 12, 2013 7:04 am

Like this series very much. Sadly I have a feeling as to where it is going to end up. It seems to be following a predictable plot line. But who knows I may be mistaken. I will keep watching just to see.

Back to top Go down
izumi
Cool User
Cool User

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Life   Tue May 14, 2013 3:22 am

It's not often you find a manga that will talk about a real life situation like this. I think I know of the outcome but I hope for a happy ending.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Life   Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:58 pm

This is one of those stories where I wish I could bang the main characters heads together and yell "get with it!" to them. lol
Back to top Go down
ermo
Cool User
Cool User

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Life   Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:40 am

I liked it, but the outcome was very surprising.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Life   

Back to top Go down

Diamond Life
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1