View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Duchess
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Recruiting Team   Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:22 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi I've been awol for a while, this is because I'm working 60 hours a week so and I'm by myself atm, a few people have volunteered but again I'm tired when i get home so I haven't had the chance to give them details on how things work, So I'm recruiting a team;

Harlequin Manga Team: I need 3 people who will capture images of the harlequin mangas, the site I purchase the manga from is online reading only, so you'll need to capture the images and send them to me for release

Cleaning Team: I'll need a leader preferably someone with a cleaning a experience because the leader will be in charger of new recruit, checking their work and also giving out work.

Image Editor: I'll need a leader for this team as well, you'll collaborate with the cleaning team most of the time, just like the harlequin team there are some raws that's can't be downloaded especially the webtoon projects, some are online only, so we normally need a copy for the translators and the cleaners

Translators Team: I need Korean, Japanese, and Chinese Translators, again I'll appoint a leader for each language so we can work on releasing more chapters of one project per month

Typesetter: I'm still in charge of typesetting so anyone interested please take the test and send it to me via e-mail

Scan providers: We need scans for Beautiful Guy and Suspicious Scandal, if you know where to find the raws please contact me

P.S No ones get paid for what we do at SMS, so If anyone is interested and would like to volunterr please e-mail smscans@gmail.com and please we'll need reliable people for these job, only apply if you'll in in for the long haul.

Check-out Colorful Shoe Prints

Bespoke Cakes for your Memorable Occasions

Last edited by Duchess on Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting Team   Mon May 13, 2013 8:05 am

so basically you are forcing all members to post like idiots every 26 days or else they will be deleted? That hardly seems fair - we have life outside manga (university exams for the next 2 weeks on top of it) and I see no reason why posting is necessary, just to stay a member here. Some people try to stay out of facebook and any kind of a similar thing in order to save their time. What is really the reason for this nonsense?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting Team   Mon May 13, 2013 11:27 am

es11 wrote:
so basically you are forcing all members to post like idiots every 26 days or else they will be deleted? That hardly seems fair - we have life outside manga (university exams for the next 2 weeks on top of it) and I see no reason why posting is necessary, just to stay a member here. Some people try to stay out of facebook and any kind of a similar thing in order to save their time. What is really the reason for this nonsense?

Since you are reading their hard work for free on your own valuable time, I do not think it is too much to ask to post a couple of times(which takes less time than to read their work).... Especially when they also have a life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting Team   Mon May 13, 2013 11:32 am

I expected this kind of reply - I do not. I only come here to find out about manga, I have only downloaded here once. And what is the point of the comments? Do they receive money from them? Then I guess it would be kind of understandable. If not, then all they want is people's time, which is even more valuable than money. Furthermore, it is not like you cannot read manga translated by them in other pages, therefore as a marketing student I would like to explain why I am concerned about this - this is only going to cause people to leave this page (part of them). In the end, not a very favorable outcome for anyone.
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting Team   Mon May 13, 2013 12:01 pm

es11 wrote:
I expected this kind of reply - I do not. I only come here to find out about manga, I have only downloaded here once. And what is the point of the comments? Do they receive money from them? Then I guess it would be kind of understandable. If not, then all they want is people's time, which is even more valuable than money. Furthermore, it is not like you cannot read manga translated by them in other pages, therefore as a marketing student I would like to explain why I am concerned about this - this is only going to cause people to leave this page (part of them). In the end, not a very favorable outcome for anyone.

If you look at this place as just a source of information, then yes, I would agree that it seems pointless to post every 26 days like an idiot as you've said. However, if you look at it as a place to socialize and exchange opinions is a nice way, then I think it's ok to come here when you have the time. Everyone here has a life outside the forum; family, work, studies etc. I don't think any of the members/ admin come here everyday. I think the reason the administrators are asking for one post every 26 days is not so that it will be a chore to all the forum members but so that :
1) you can use the forums as a platform to socialize, debate and learn from others
2) the administrators have an easier time when they want to purge the forum of unwanted data. Space is limited, even in the virtual world
3) the forum stays alive. The admin might not get paid for all our posts but when they see activity in the forums, they know that there are still people waiting for the scanlations which they have sacrificed their time and sometimes money to bring to readers/fans for free.

I believe that everyone is entitled to an opinion and I respect that. However, if you think that stopping by the forums at least once a month is too much for you, I guess I won't be seeing you in the discussions pages, which is too bad, since I like people who can debate in a logical manner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting Team   Mon May 13, 2013 12:13 pm

silvery wrote:

If you look at this place as just a source of information, then yes, I would agree that it seems pointless to post every 26 days like an idiot as you've said. However, if you look at it as a place to socialize and exchange opinions is a nice way, then I think it's ok to come here when you have the time. Everyone here has a life outside the forum; family, work, studies etc. I don't think any of the members/ admin come here everyday. I think the reason the administrators are asking for one post every 26 days is not so that it will be a chore to all the forum members but so that :
1) you can use the forums as a platform to socialize, debate and learn from others
2) the administrators have an easier time when they want to purge the forum of unwanted data. Space is limited, even in the virtual world
3) the forum stays alive. The admin might not get paid for all our posts but when they see activity in the forums, they know that there are still people waiting for the scanlations which they have sacrificed their time and sometimes money to bring to readers/fans for free.

I believe that everyone is entitled to an opinion and I respect that. However, if you think that stopping by the forums at least once a month is too much for you, I guess I won't be seeing you in the discussions pages, which is too bad, since I like people who can debate in a logical manner.

I agree with the part "when you have the time", but giving people a time limit, beyond which it is "sorry, you did not say anything for the past 30 days, so bye bye". And is it not the purpose of socialization for it to be a pleasant and volunteered activity?

Look, I really respect scanlators and translators and editors... I even wanted to help with editing since sometimes the manga just does not make sense language-wise (I mean in general, non sms scans) and it ruins the art. I know only spoken Japanese and no Chinese and only a few words in Korean, so I would not be able to read manga without these people (plus in my country, you do not get manga easily; when you do, it is translated very badly and very childishly and manga in English is unheard of). But I really hate when people force me to things - you want me to donate some of my free time into helping you with the language? Sure. Be my guest, I would even be happy to do that. Just do not force me to write into forums because of some rule - I will do it when I feel like it, when I want to share my opinions and when something touches my heart in manga. I do not want to come into a forum, just for the sake of staying a member here, which I think is very reasonable.
Back to top Go down
lidofarieangel
Cool User
Cool User

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting Team   Thu May 16, 2013 5:54 pm

Please don't deactivate my account!!! Just been so crazy. Thank you. Smile
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting Team   Fri May 17, 2013 10:13 am

es11 wrote:
I agree with the part "when you have the time", but giving people a time limit, beyond which it is "sorry, you did not say anything for the past 30 days, so bye bye". And is it not the purpose of socialization for it to be a pleasant and volunteered activity?

Look, I really respect scanlators and translators and editors... I even wanted to help with editing since sometimes the manga just does not make sense language-wise (I mean in general, non sms scans) and it ruins the art. I know only spoken Japanese and no Chinese and only a few words in Korean, so I would not be able to read manga without these people (plus in my country, you do not get manga easily; when you do, it is translated very badly and very childishly and manga in English is unheard of). But I really hate when people force me to things - you want me to donate some of my free time into helping you with the language? Sure. Be my guest, I would even be happy to do that. Just do not force me to write into forums because of some rule - I will do it when I feel like it, when I want to share my opinions and when something touches my heart in manga. I do not want to come into a forum, just for the sake of staying a member here, which I think is very reasonable.
I don't understand how it's being unreasonable to ask you to participate at least once a month. The purpose of a forum is for socializing and if they didn't want that, they would have just put their links as DDL and left it as that.

If you're just here for the manga, like you said - they're already uploaded onto online readers. There's no need for you to register for the forum.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting Team   Fri May 17, 2013 10:40 am

aerysa wrote:
es11 wrote:

I don't understand how it's being unreasonable to ask you to participate at least once a month. The purpose of a forum is for socializing and if they didn't want that, they would have just put their links as DDL and left it as that.

If you're just here for the manga, like you said - they're already uploaded onto online readers. There's no need for you to register for the forum.

I REALLY DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE ARE EVEN DEBATING ABOUT THIS, LIKE AERYSA SAID, IF YOU CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO POST AT LEAST ONCE EVERY MONTH DON'T BOTHER REGISTERING AT ALL, THIS FORUM WAS CREATED SO WE CAN KNOW THE OPINIONS OF OUR READERS ON THE PROJECTS WE SCANLATE. SO AGAIN IF YOU CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO POST ONCE A MONTH WAIT FOR IT TO BE UPLOADED ON AN ONLINE READING SITE, IS NOT LIKE WE HAVE A WAITING PERIOD TO UPLOAD THEM THERE!!!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting Team   Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:32 am

Thanks for your great work, it is understandable that you want users to be active and get some feedback!
its a two way street. sometimes it is hard to log on and post because of other commitments.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting Team   Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:19 am

Thank you very much for your efforts in scanlating the manga.
And the forum new look is very lovely. Thank you!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting Team   Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:48 pm

Snap. I didn't see this and just re-registered... oh well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: oh my   Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:58 am

alright posts it is..
Back to top Go down
Duchess
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting Team   Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:26 am

leoteesh1 wrote:
Thanks for your great work, it is understandable that you want users to be active and get some feedback!
its a two way street. sometimes it is hard to log on and post because of other commitments.

Again i understand, I have a job as well, but i still have to proofread qcing and occasional cleaning and typesetting on top of managing translator typesetters cleaners and so on who btw have jobs and school as well, but we do this because we love manga. So when ppl keep posting that they have other commitments i feel insulted cuz they seem to be implying that we don't.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting Team   Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:53 pm

Duchess wrote:
Again i understand, I have a job as well, but i still have to proofread qcing and occasional cleaning and typesetting on top of managing translator typesetters cleaners and so on who btw have jobs and school as well, but we do this because we love manga. So when ppl keep posting that they have other commitments i feel insulted cuz they seem to be implying that we don't.

I don't think you should feel insulted. I think everyone needs to appreciate that we all lead different lives and have different schedules. I work 6 days a week, from 5am - 10 pm. That doesn't really leave me a lot of leisure time. For some people it might be reasonable to log in once every day, for others it might be once a week/fortnight/month etc.
Back to top Go down
usoppnomiko
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting Team   Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:31 pm

Thanks for your hard work in releasing these mangas. I will try to be more active in posting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.usoppnomiko.insanejournal.com

PostSubject: Thank you!!   Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:27 pm

Thank you for all of your hard work. I love what you do!!!
If you ever need any help with translating from French, I would love to help!
I am so grateful that I was able to renew my membership!
It has been really hectic for me for the last 2 months, but I am looking forward to participating more fully from now on...

Now, I will go get some Harlequin joy!!

Three cheers for Shojo Manhwa Scans!king
Back to top Go down
mk-chan160
Cool User
Cool User

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting Team   Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:32 pm

Hi. I received your warning e-mail, but it went to my spam folder o.o
So I just saw it today, but I guess I wasn´t desactivated, or I was and didn´t notice ^^
Can you help me saying in what situation I am?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
skinnyminny
Cool User
Cool User

PostSubject: Wow   Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:37 pm

Wow this is surprising
Back to top Go down
skinnyminny
Cool User
Cool User

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting Team   Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:38 pm

Why is there so little updates on the comics
Back to top Go down
agat62menia

PostSubject: hi!   Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:54 pm

ah.. so that's why my old username cant log in.. sorry.. I have just been busy with work, didn't have time to check for updates.. pls dont delete my account.. I really love reading harlequin manga.. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting Team   Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:04 am

explains what happened. So I re-registered.
Back to top Go down
CatiMed
Cool User
Cool User

PostSubject: Thanks   Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:55 am

Thanks you all for the hard work, you are great Very Happy . At the moment I can´t post much, because my internet is damaged, but I will post once in a while. See you soon.
Back to top Go down
tomoko_kana

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting Team   Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:28 pm

HI
please do not delete my acc just made a new acc as my old acc was deleted
have been really busy with both work and School Sad((
Love this forum
Back to top Go down
IasaSinni
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting Team   Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:44 am

Just checking in. I've been very busy writing about sexy aliens, demon hunting elves, and other fantasy-type people.  bounce Writer's block broken!
Back to top Go down
http://forum.imperfekt-industrees.com/index.php
tez-chan

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting Team   Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:35 am

Hi sorry I'm a little bit busy with my job so didn't touch my internet for a while, so please don't delete my account  flower 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting Team   

Back to top Go down

Recruiting Team
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next