2% [ 1 ]
Antarctica
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 57

AuthorMessage
aerysa

PostSubject: Where Are You?   Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:55 pm

Hm... I'm surprised we didn't have a poll for this earlier. Since we're connected by the internet, I'm sure we're all located in many different countries across the world. It'd be interested to see where everyone is.

Unfortunately, to list all the countries of the world would be... Crazy Laughing So I'll settle for continent. If you're comfortable with it, you can name your country in your reply, but at least your answer to the poll would be nice.

As for me, I'm located in North America - Canada ^^

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Where am I?   Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:29 pm

I always write down just west of the Equator, but I really right in the middle of Europe (Deutschland). An American of Japanese-Swedish Ancestry living in the middle of Beer and Bratwurst Heaven. Life doesn't get any better than that!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where Are You?   Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:01 pm

At the moment, 2 - 3 months of a year in Switzerland and the rest of it in Germany, but I hope, next year we could go back to Switzerland for good Razz
Back to top Go down
jollychick
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Where Are You?   Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:18 am

Deep South, USA!! Home of banjo music, warm winters and the best comfort food!
Back to top Go down
Jibril
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Where Are You?   Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:41 am

i live in germany as well Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where Are You?   Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:09 am

aerysa wrote:

We are close to being neighbors. I live in Wisconsin. So Very north part of the U.S. I went just over the border there a few times when I was younger but now your required to have a passport just to travel over to canada or mexico it sucks...

To be fair though I live in the lower part of wisconsin in Madison but I visit family in Superior sometimes.
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Where Are You?   Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:43 pm

casandra29 wrote:
aerysa wrote:
We are close to being neighbors. I live in Wisconsin. So Very north part of the U.S. I went just over the border there a few times when I was younger but now your required to have a passport just to travel over to canada or mexico it sucks...

To be fair though I live in the lower part of wisconsin in Madison but I visit family in Superior sometimes.
Yeaaah! Vice versa for us! Before we never needed our passports to cross the border, but they had to tighten up security.

I'm actually in Alberta, the province above Montana so we're on opposite-ish ends of the continent Razz

I'm a little jealous of people in Europe! Travel time is a huge difference. You guys can drive 4 hours and be in the neighboring country. We drive 4 hours and we're either in the middle of nowhere or in the next biggest city... Laughing It's definitely on my wishlist of places to visit.

PostSubject: Re: Where Are You?   Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:25 pm

Seattle in Washington State....I am waiting for someone to say they are from Antartica.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where Are You?   Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:41 pm

Algenon wrote:
Seattle in Washington State....I am waiting for someone to say they are from Antartica.....

Wisconsin sometimes feels as cold as the arctic...lol. Especially during this season. I am a baby. I make my 9 yr old go out and clean my windshields when it snows so I don't have to be out there that long. He is happy to do it though cause I give him extra allowance money when that happens.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where Are You?   Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:42 pm

I`m also from germany in the south part and it`s freezing cold at the moment everywhere you look snow and ice . Suspect can`t stand the winter No
Back to top Go down
swedesamurai
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Forgot Somthin'   Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:59 am

casandra29 wrote:
aerysa wrote:

I forgot to say that when I lived in the States I lived in Superior Wisconsin as well. Well I mean the village of Superior out by Pattison Park. All of my Swedish relatives immigrated and settled between Superior and Ashland. When I was in the U.S. Army years ago I was stationed in El Paso, Texas and I can appreciate Areysa's comment on how far and wide it is out West. I drove once, to visit family, from El Paso to Superior and then to Billings Montana and then back to El Paso; let me tell you two landscapes I personally do not ever to live in are: Desert and the Great Plains. Too hot, too Open, and so Far from anything, I need Trees so..
Where I now live in Southwest Germany, surrounded by forest (The Black forst is 15 minutes away). I was just suprised to here some one came from Superior here-Small World.
In Germany I live south of Stuttgart. So it's 2 half hous to either France or Switzerland-I drive fast! And it take me eight hours to drive to my favourite place in the world-Tuscanny. I you love to travel then Germany is the best place in Europe to live. You can just take off and go-whereever your in the middle of it all. 6 hours to Amsterdam-12 hours to Denmark, Next year I'm going to drive up to Sweden to check out my ancestry and the country.
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Where Are You?   Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:39 pm

Hmm, of all that poled, I'm the only Asian in Asia, huh? I'm from Malaysia to be exact
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Where Are You?   Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:48 pm

swedesamurai wrote:
When I was in the U.S. Army years ago I was stationed in El Paso, Texas and I can appreciate Areysa's comment on how far and wide it is out West. I drove once, to visit family, from El Paso to Superior and then to Billings Montana and then back to El Paso; let me tell you two landscapes I personally do not ever to live in are: Desert and the Great Plains. Too hot, too Open, and so Far from anything, I need Trees so..
haha, I totally understand that. We used to drive down to Las Vegas all the time and whooa! SUPER hot!! And driving through Central Canada is like... All flat land - farmland type. Nothing to see whatsoever.

Honestly, I'm so used to the open space here I almost feel claustrophobic in larger cities. I mean, our entire population of the country is the equivalent of some very, very large American cities. Shocked
And when I was traveling in Asia for vacation, it was really different to face that concrete jungle. There were hardly any green spaces anywhere! And just massively tall buildings everywhere.

hehe yeah silvery~ Our first Asian in Asia ^__^

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Where Are You?   Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:15 pm

aerysa wrote:
swedesamurai wrote:
When I was in the U.S. Army years ago I was stationed in El Paso, Texas and I can appreciate Areysa's comment on how far and wide it is out West. I drove once, to visit family, from El Paso to Superior and then to Billings Montana and then back to El Paso; let me tell you two landscapes I personally do not ever to live in are: Desert and the Great Plains. Too hot, too Open, and so Far from anything, I need Trees so..
haha, I totally understand that. We used to drive down to Las Vegas all the time and whooa! SUPER hot!! And driving through Central Canada is like... All flat land - farmland type. Nothing to see whatsoever.

Honestly, I'm so used to the open space here I almost feel claustrophobic in larger cities. I mean, our entire population of the country is the equivalent of some very, very large American cities. Shocked
And when I was traveling in Asia for vacation, it was really different to face that concrete jungle. There were hardly any green spaces anywhere! And just massively tall buildings everywhere.

hehe yeah silvery~ Our first Asian in Asia ^__^

Yes, we tend to have concrete jungles when we're in cities or high density areas. That's why our parks and gardens are called "green lungs" in the cities. And in tropical places like Malaysia, the outside is either hot and humid or wet and inside buildings, cold. But outside the cities, we have quite a lot of green. Especially when I'm on the highway ^_^
Back to top Go down
swedesamurai
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Where Are You?   Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:07 am

silvery wrote:

Yes, we tend to have concrete jungles when we're in cities or high density areas. That's why our parks and gardens are called "green lungs" in the cities. And in tropical places like Malaysia, the outside is either hot and humid or wet and inside buildings, cold. But outside the cities, we have quite a lot of green. Especially when I'm on the highway ^_^

I've had to travel to Singapore a lot I've always wanted to take the time to drive from Singapore up to Kula Lumpar. Unfortunately the four times I wanted to do it something always comes up. Twice I had to go to Hong Kong and once to London on short notice...The other time I came down with a pretty bad bug and stayed in the hotel for an extra week just to recover.....Some day!
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Where Are You?   Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:26 am

swedesamurai wrote:

I've had to travel to Singapore a lot I've always wanted to take the time to drive from Singapore up to Kula Lumpar. Unfortunately the four times I wanted to do it something always comes up. Twice I had to go to Hong Kong and once to London on short notice...The other time I came down with a pretty bad bug and stayed in the hotel for an extra week just to recover.....Some day!

You really should. And if you're heading north from Singapore, you should stop in Malacca first. It's the so called place where it all began, being a port in the olden days. The Straits of Malacca is called after this place after all. Kuala Lumpur (or KL to us) is a little like Singapore, being full of skyscrapers and tall buildings. But a whole lot more chaotic in feel. It really depends on what you like and what you want to see (and eat. Malaysia is a good place to get fat Wink )
Back to top Go down
rayghiemay

PostSubject: Re: Where Are You?   Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:18 am

Philippines!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

"Fear can only ruin your life if you will allow for it to. In our lives we can try to bypass our fears by staying away from them as much as possible, but to truly conquer each fear we must step up to it, and take it on. We can only defeat something if we are willing to compete against it, and with a strong heart, a determined attitude, and an unbreakable will, there is nothing in this world we can't defeat if we give it our all."

afro
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Where Are You?   Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:41 am

rayghiemay wrote:
Philippines!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Yay! Then that's another South East Asian Very Happy I know Mii-Pyon's from Japan but you're so much closer Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where Are You?   Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:11 pm

Well... I'm a half-Brit living in France in Lyon so I'm pretty close to our German friends here xD
I've never been to the US though so I can't really compare ^^'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where Are You?   Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:35 pm

I'm really surprised at how many people are from North America. I live in the U.S myself. Grew up right outside NY city and I am now living very unhappily in the very wet state of Washington. Can't wait to get back to the east coast.
Cool to see the diversity of places people live. Even in the states to see where others are from, as areas can be quite different.
Great topic!!!! bounce
Back to top Go down
dream~
Cool User
Cool User

PostSubject: Re: Where Are You?   Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:56 pm

I live in Australia^^
Back to top Go down
@Danda@

PostSubject: Re: Where Are You?   Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:25 am

I'm from Italy, country of pasta and art Smile
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Where Are You?   Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:26 am

spamy1 wrote:
Cool to see the diversity of places people live. Even in the states to see where others are from, as areas can be quite different.
Great topic!!!! bounce
That's what I think too! It's so easy to forget that distance when you're on the internet, but really, lots of us are hundreds of miles away from each other physically!

Yay! We're getting more spread in our representation. Our first Australia on the board ^__^

PostSubject: Re: Where Are You?   Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:01 am

Hello!
I live in France. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jollychick
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Where Are You?   Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:09 am

@Danda@ wrote:
I'm from Italy, country of pasta and art Smile
Two of my most favorite things Smile!! I'd love to visit Italy one day~
Back to top Go down