Shojo Manhwa Scans

Download Scanlations from SMScans Here

BlogHomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

How did you pick your name for the forum?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: How did you pick your name for the forum?   Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:27 pm

I"ll go first. I picked my name from a book "Flowers for Algernon." It is one of my favorite books because of the message it sends. I shorten the name because when I played video games they usually only allowed seven letters so I dropped the "r" and decided to keep it for the forum.
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: How did you pick your name for the forum?   Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:09 pm

Oooh, that's pretty cool! My username comes from my hobby of writing. I like making up names (or think I make up names) and Aerysa is from that process. It's now the screen name I use pretty much everywhere (blogs, ff.net, forums, etc.) It's supposed to be pronounced "Air-ee-sa"

I used to use "Mikare" (pronounced "Mik-car-ee") which came from an idea a friend and I had of giving ourselves "Japanese" names Laughing Mine starts with M since that's the first letter in my real name.

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: How did you pick your name for the forum?   Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:47 am

I wanted a name that reflected who I am. I'm half Japanese and half Swedish- hence Swede Samurai. On other sites sometimes I use the name Baka-Viking but Baka-Viking has been slowly dying out from lack of use.
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: How did you pick your name for the forum?   Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:48 pm

My Chinese name has the character silver in it. So I tend to use a name that reflects that. My other user name is Silvertytan, which has a combination of my real name and my love for Greek mythology.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: My name!~   Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:27 pm

My name has no special meaning behind it.
Embarassed I just like bunnys :3
That's how I got "Pyon"
My name is Miyuki or for short people call me
Mii.
That's how I got Mii-Pyon~
Back to top Go down
IasaSinni
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: How did you pick your name for the forum?   Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:38 pm

It's from Sanskrit. Iasa means out as in out in the open, and Sinni means vanity or vain.
Openly vain.
Kinda a joke, and also the name of a djinn in a book project I'm working on.
Back to top Go down
http://forum.imperfekt-industrees.com/index.php
jollychick
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: How did you pick your name for the forum?   Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:31 am

Great question!

Unfortunately, my name is really simple, so I don't have anything interesting to tell. The very first email account I created was: jollyrancherchick. When I needed a forum name, I just kicked out "rancher" from the middle to make jollychick and the rest is history Razz.
Back to top Go down
ceres0413
Cool User
Cool User

PostSubject: Re: How did you pick your name for the forum?   Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:16 am

My name combine two interest of mine ,the greek mythology and mangas (my first purchased serie was Ayashi no Ceres)
and the number are for the two counties i'm living in ^^!
So simple ^^!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did you pick your name for the forum?   Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:08 pm

This is a nickname given to me by my ex-colleague who state that this name reflects my character.
What a Face
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did you pick your name for the forum?   Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:21 pm

My username was created with my love of fire (though I'm not a pyromaniac, just so you know). I'm just fascinated with the concept of fire and well its also my element. So I just spelled it backwards and stylised it as is. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: How did you pick your name for the forum?   Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:12 am

eRif wrote:
My username was created with my love of fire (though I'm not a pyromaniac, just so you know). I'm just fascinated with the concept of fire and well its also my element. So I just spelled it backwards and stylised it as is. Very Happy
Oh whoa, that's really cool! I totally wouldn't have realized that if you didn't say anything at all.

PostSubject: Re: How did you pick your name for the forum?   Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:27 pm

well, my name isn't special at all. I started using the name of water when I signed up for the first time in a forum. I needed a username and the only thing I could think of at the time, there were already people using those names. So I decided to try my luck with water, which incidentally is my favorite drink, however someone was already using that as well. -____-;;; Thus, I translated it into spanish and bingo \(^____^)/. And that's how I got the username. Now, I use agua for everything that needs a username. o^_____^o
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did you pick your name for the forum?   Sat May 11, 2013 7:57 am

My name comes from my favorite classical music, canon by pachelbel, and one of my favorite Japanese artist, Kanon Wakeshima.
Back to top Go down
@Danda@

PostSubject: Re: How did you pick your name for the forum?   Sat May 18, 2013 8:36 am

My nick is the name that my little brother used when was little, now the only real person that call me "Danda" is my father when he want me to do something XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did you pick your name for the forum?   Sat May 18, 2013 6:07 pm

Algenon wrote:
I"ll go first. I picked my name from a book "Flowers for Algernon." It is one of my favorite books because of the message it sends. I shorten the name because when I played video games they usually only allowed seven letters so I dropped the "r" and decided to keep it for the forum.

Alegnon-san, i really like your screen name. i read that novel as well. it's one of my favorite books.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did you pick your name for the forum?   Sat May 18, 2013 6:18 pm

i was called Yoshi by my classmates in grade school
because i used play Yoshi's Island when i come home
from school. later on, i started eating sushi so i combined
my nickname with my fave Japanese dish.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did you pick your name for the forum?   Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:07 pm

my name is spelled differently than how it's spelled. my dad
told my name came from an Aztec goddess who is known for
her beauty so my name means beautiful. i always wondered
why my name is spelled different from the original.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did you pick your name for the forum?   Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:45 am

I'm afraid I'm not that original.
I like cats, my cat was grey and very beautiful.

So I choose grey cat
Back to top Go down
usoppnomiko
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: How did you pick your name for the forum?   Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:41 pm

I really love Usopp from One Piece and I can just identify with him on so many levels so it makes sense to me to adopt his name for my forum name/email etc. cat 
Back to top Go down
http://www.usoppnomiko.insanejournal.com

PostSubject: Re: How did you pick your name for the forum?   Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:09 am

I used to write stories, especially fanfics about various martial-arts anime. One of those won 8th place in a writing contest and I've been using the heroine's name in various forums since.
Back to top Go down
moon-2012
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: How did you pick your name for the forum?   Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:19 am

I got the name from my favorite sonata 'Moon Light' by Beethoven.
so I decided to use moon from it and 2012 is the year that i joined the forum.Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
nippergryph2

PostSubject: Re: How did you pick your name for the forum?   Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:41 am

My forum name is rather boring. It is just my cat and dog's name combined.
Back to top Go down
salamand

PostSubject: My Favourite animal   Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:40 am

It was quite simple, since it is my chosen nickname from a long time ago. Basically I wanted to be called Salamandra, but it could not be fitted on a grain of rice (you know these rip of pendants, where they write your name on a grain of rice and put it in a glass vial filled with a coloured liquid and viola you have a necklace), so I ended up with only Salamand written on it and I like it in the end. My friends use an even shorter version, and call me simply Sal.
Back to top Go down
CatiMed
Cool User
Cool User

PostSubject: Mine is very simple   Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:01 am

Mine is very simple, I just combine my name and surname Laughing 
Back to top Go down
ambiku

PostSubject: A hindu goddess of the moon   Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:52 pm

I found that my real name was too common to be accepted on most forums/email programs/ etc. So I looked up the name of a Goddess and have been using it for years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did you pick your name for the forum?   

Back to top Go down

How did you pick your name for the forum?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next