BlogHomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Anyone else sick?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jadegreentiger

PostSubject: Anyone else sick?   Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:23 pm

Completely off the HQ/Manga?Manwha topic.

Not sure what's going around this cold season, but it seems everyone around me is sick. Now, I've caught the bug from my children (they've had flu shots, but they've been sick for the last two weeks and one has an ear infection). However, my symptoms are completely different: I feel like I've been hacking a lung. My brother lives in a different state and he caught the flu last week. I swear many of the FB posts I've read are about people getting sick.

So it's OJ, chicken noodle soup, tea, and drinking lots of fluids time.

Stay healthy everyone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sick?   Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:37 pm

My kids have been sick the past week too. I am just waiting to catch it. I seem to always be the last one in the house to get whatever is going around.
I guess that's good in a way, nothing worse than having to take care of others when you feel so bad Sad
Hope you get better soon!!
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sick?   Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:43 pm

wow, that sounds bad. Hope you get better soon, jadegreentiger and you don't catch it, spamy1. I sometimes get a 24hour bug due to over work or the weather but lots of water and a good night's rest usually cures me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Sick?   Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:00 pm

U.U
Sick?
Owh, Well anyone that is sick,
I hope they get better ^-^
Best Regards,
Mii-Pyon~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Flu   Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:29 pm

I've got the same. Just in case, things that might help are lemon with honey in warm water to ease your lungs, gargle with warm water with salt to ease your throat and lots of sleep. drunken
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sick?   Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:32 am

I am sick too but i think it is something other than the flu or a cold. my throat feels like it is being pressed on just enough to be annoying but only late at night. I cannot figure out why. Im going to the doctor this evening I hope it's nothing serious (I am a smoker).
I hope everyone else feels better soon. Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Jibril
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sick?   Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:57 am

have been sick the whole week already. since it didnt get better i was at the docters yesterday and now i have to stay home for another week....
another reminder to cure your cold immedeatly so it wont get worse
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sick?   Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:49 pm

Jibril wrote:
have been sick the whole week already. since it didnt get better i was at the docters yesterday and now i have to stay home for another week....
Ack!! That's terrible~
But yeah... For any sickness, it's best to act immediately - nip it in the bud. When I started feeling sick (minor headache and sniffles), I quickly took medication and slept early. Then it was gone before it could turn into something serious.

I hope everyone is taking care of themselves and their loved ones, getting the medication, rest and relaxation they need! The flu here has been suuuper bad this year and so many sick people were at the hospital that they even had to postpone surgeries for a while Neutral

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sick?   Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:00 am

Jibril wrote:

I feel you same thing happened to me except I went to the doctors after three days and was still out for two weeks.
Make sure that once you get better not to catch a different cold. I went from a stomach virus to a sinus infection. I think life hated me the past two weeks. Now I have soooo much make-up work and homework to do... Sad
Back to top Go down
Jibril
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sick?   Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:09 pm

Arian_Mikki wrote:
Jibril wrote:

I feel you same thing happened to me except I went to the doctors after three days and was still out for two weeks.
Make sure that once you get better not to catch a different cold. I went from a stomach virus to a sinus infection. I think life hated me the past two weeks. Now I have soooo much make-up work and homework to do... Sad

my cold became a nasty ear infection. the funniest is i was supposed to have some vacation days this week and instead of having some fun i was mostly in bed. my boss now isnt happy that i will be gone from work even longer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sick?   Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:45 pm

Jibril wrote:
Arian_Mikki wrote:
Jibril wrote:

my cold became a nasty ear infection. the funniest is i was supposed to have some vacation days this week and instead of having some fun i was mostly in bed. my boss now isnt happy that i will be gone from work even longer

No kidding, but unless your boss knows some awesome cure there isn't anything you can do about. My boss actually made me take the week off so I can get better and not worse. Sometimes bosses can be more overprotective then your own parents. It is my teachers who are getting antsy over me being sick.
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sick?   Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:22 pm

Wow, everyone seems to be down with a bug of some sort. Hope all of you get well soon. I agree with aerysa though, it's always better to nip it in the bud, so I actually do as she does. Call it a day earlier if I'm not feeling well. It usually works. Which is why I feel so bad for my housemate... she's been coughing for more than a week now...
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sick?   Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:29 am

Ack! I think it's getting to me now... But I took some medicine and feel better already. Even if it's all in my head... haha. My mom was like "What?! That fast?!"

Feel like the flu is about to hit me - headache, sore throat, aches and pains... Yuck. So time to rest early tonight and make sure it goes away for good.

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sick?   Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:26 pm

I just got over my sickness a few weeks ago. It wasn't the flu, just the cold. I hate being sick because I don't like to feel miserable.
Back to top Go down
rayghiemay

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sick?   Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:59 am

i'm not sick. but i swear i'm getting there. just yesterday my cousin woke up in the middle of the night (i was awake at the time) and suddenly asked me if i got any medicine in store. luckily i do. i get this feeling that i'm going to be the next one getting flu or something worse. anyways, i plan to have flu shots and pneumonia shots in december (it's only feb though). stay warm and safe everyone! Smile

"Fear can only ruin your life if you will allow for it to. In our lives we can try to bypass our fears by staying away from them as much as possible, but to truly conquer each fear we must step up to it, and take it on. We can only defeat something if we are willing to compete against it, and with a strong heart, a determined attitude, and an unbreakable will, there is nothing in this world we can't defeat if we give it our all."

afro
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sick?   Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:46 pm

You beat me...I was going to make a thread similar to this one. I have been so ill that the doctor had to give me a shot in the behind.....And I had a flu shot.

Apparently I have been exposed to toxic mold and it is in my system.

I have three friends who have been diagnosed with cancer.....They are going through a whole lot of procedures an mental anguish which makes my problems very look small.
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sick?   Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:06 pm

Algenon wrote:
You beat me...I was going to make a thread similar to this one. I have been so ill that the doctor had to give me a shot in the behind.....And I had a flu shot.

Apparently I have been exposed to toxic mold and it is in my system.

I have three friends who have been diagnosed with cancer.....They are going through a whole lot of procedures an mental anguish which makes my problems very look small.
Oh ack!! How did the mold issue happen?! That's some pretty serious business there... Especially if you got it in your system. Is there medication for it or do you just wait until your system naturally clears it out??

And I'm sorry to hear about your friends. That's always hard news to hear, but if it was caught early, there's good chances of full recovery.

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sick?   Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:45 am

[Oh ack!! How did the mold issue happen?! That's some pretty serious business there... Especially if you got it in your system. Is there medication for it or do you just wait until your system naturally clears it out??

And I'm sorry to hear about your friends. That's always hard news to hear, but if it was caught early, there's good chances of full recovery.[/quote]

The pipe under the shower in the bathroom next to my bedhroom had a leak. Since it was under the house we did not discover it until the mold had taken over the bathroom. All the walls, carpet, floor boards, the shower etc. had to be taken out and destroyed. I have medicine to help but it will about six months until I am completely recovered.
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sick?   Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:45 am

Oh wow, that's really brutal Sad It's such a tricky situation since you don't see it right away, or else you could have caught it earlier. But since it's hidden away, you've been exposed without even knowing it.

Does it affect you really badly to the point that you're on long-term disability or is it more just constant discomfort?? Either way, I'm glad to hear there's medication - though 6 months is still a long time for recovery.

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sick?   Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:09 pm

Wow, that's hard... I hope you get well soon. I hope your friends can beat their cancer too. All the best.
Back to top Go down
ddaredevil
Valued Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sick?   Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:37 am

Wow, that's really bad... I hope you get well soon. I hope your friends can beat their cancer and they get better too. All the best for you and your friends.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sick?   Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:38 pm

Six months of meds? That's tough. Were I in your shoes, I'd forget to take the meds after a week if someone doesn't bother to remind me.

Anyway, I just recovered from Dengue which left me with only 35 platelets (the normal platelet count for an adult is between 150,000 and 40,000 for every micro liter of blood). Everyone thought I would die, and I almost did. I remember my sister crying her eyes out. When I got discharged, she told me that she was preparing herself in case I died, so that she won't cry like hell during my funeral. How flattering.
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sick?   Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:23 pm

Wow... that must have been a very difficult time for you and your family. I'm glad you're all better now. We who live in the tropics are always worried about dengue... especially during/after the monsoon.
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sick?   Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:34 pm

Oh wow, that's just horrible!! I'm glad to hear you've recovered verklempt. I can't even imagine that type of suffering you and your family were going through.

I'm lucky in that regards since there aren't so many diseases like that. Germs and what not don't survive so well in our cold climate. Though this year, the flu that has been going around was particularly bad. So many people were in the hospital from it that they couldn't even perform surgeries... Rolling Eyes

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sick?   Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:18 am

Thanks silvery and aerysa. Good thing I held out, and now I'm alive and kicking. However, what awaited me were heaps of homework, projects, and an unfinished thesis (which I need to finish, btw, since my deadline's next week). I almost wanted to go to the hospital and beg them to take me back.

Yeah, dengue's a big problem in the tropics. Mosquitoes, dengue carrier or otherwise, breed really fast so they're pretty difficult to exterminate. Having the flu, though, sucks big time. Especially if it involves diarrhea or vomiting. If the flu that's been going around your area's really bad, then you'd better watch out so that you don't catch it for good.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sick?   

Back to top Go down

Anyone else sick?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next