4%
 4% [ 2 ]
Anime openings
16%
 16% [ 7 ]
American RNB/Hiphop
4%
 4% [ 2 ]
Asian Pop (Not including Kpop and Jpop since I've already mentioned them)
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Australian Country Music
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
American (The rest of the genres)
20%
 20% [ 9 ]
Genre not mentioned
24%
 24% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 45

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: I wonder.....Your favourite?   Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:24 pm

Okay,
Latey many types of music have been caught in my eye,
So I wanted to know?
What's everyone else's "Favourite Genre of music"
There is so many... Mad
My favourites are Nightcore,Jpop,Kpop and Anime openings
scratch For some reason my mom says she hates it.
Why? Why? Why do hate?
I like many others but these are my favourite out of all.
Btw, I realise that Anime opening can be Jpop, But some anime openings aren't
JPOP,
Or the song could be in a different langauge...
Blah Rolling Eyes So on.
Anyway, Sorry, I blabbed off there. Okay, What's your favourite music genre?
Dearly
Mii-Pyon~
Sorry I didn't add all genres, Then again, I couldn't. I just picked the most common for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I wonder.....Your favourite?   Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:31 am

I listen to rock music, classical music and also music from movies ( mainly the songs in them )
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: I wonder.....Your favourite?   Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:17 am

My fave types of music are J-rock and J-pop, but I do listen to K-pop and English songs as well. Mostly the English songs are cuz of the radio at work... The other thing I like listening to is OSTs (original soundtracks) from animes and what not! Very Happy

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: I wonder.....Your favourite?   Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:06 pm

hmmm... this is hard... my playlist has 7-8 languages, then there's a mix of pop, anime, classic, oldies, instrumental, a bit of rock, comedy... it's a melting pot and people who ride in my car have been known to go "..." because Ranma 1/2's Baka song was playing at that time Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Haha~   Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:44 pm

silvery wrote:
hmmm... this is hard... my playlist has 7-8 languages, then there's a mix of pop, anime, classic, oldies, instrumental, a bit of rock, comedy... it's a melting pot and people who ride in my car have been known to go "..." because Ranma 1/2's Baka song was playing at that time Laughing
Lol, I can understand why xD
Dearly,
Mii-pyon
Back to top Go down
swedesamurai
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: I wonder.....Your favourite?   Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:47 pm

I had a really rich exposure to many different genres of music as I was growing up. I'm a War Baby a product of the American Occupation of Japan after the Second World War. I grew up in the US and thus was exposed to many differing genres of music from the times. The times being 1950's-1960's. In the day where a better equipped house had a record player with a changer that could have up to 5 LP's on it our house was constantly filled with differing music...My Father liked European and American Classical Music as well as Country & Western Music ( At the time there was a Difference between them). So while I was being exposed to Beethoven, Mozart, Tchaikovsky, Copeland, and Gershwin I was educated in Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, Ernest Tubb and Pasty Cline. My Mother came from a well to do family in Japan, one that owned a lot of Land in Hokkaido, and she received care packages from Japan with lots of records. Most of these records were Enka records so I would be exposed to Hibari Misora, Ishikawa Sayuri, Murata Hideo and many others as well as pop music (The Peanuts etc.) from Japan from around 1955-through about 1975.

It got more complicated when either I was visiting my Swedish American Grandparents or they were visiting us and we listened to music from another time. My Grandmother loved music and could play the piano and she played old Swedish folk and dance songs My Grandfather played the Accordion and could rap off Polka songs at the drop of a hat. When They were not playing but listening Big Band -Miller-Goodman-Shaw and the Crooners of the 30's and 40's Sinatra-Crosby-Martin would be played.

It was not uncommon in our house's record player to have albums like: Tchaikovsky 1812, followed by a Hibari Misora Album, followed by Johnny Cash, followed by Benny Goodman, and ending with and Elvis LP. This sort of eclectic music selection exposure has allowed me to enjoy music from all genres.

I read a lot when I read the SMS Mangas and Manhwas I often listen to Enka Music. When I read HQ I listen to Classical. When I'm studying ( I'm in my mid 50's and learning never stops) I listen to yeah you got me Animie music the peppier the better-somehow it helps me read faster!

But....

I love dramatic music! Music that can move you...this means the types of music I like cross varied genres, European Type Classical, for example: simple things such as: Aaron Copeland's-Fanfare to the Common Man; and Satie's Gymnopedie no 1 transcend all types of music genres; whereas a complex Beethoven Symphony can evoke a full range of emotions if you let yourself go into the music....Some Japanese Koto music is really inspirational and moving...as well as really hardy bagpipe music-Who is not moved by Scotland the Brave....Not to mention military marches can be profoundly emotive.
Getting into the 20th Century to present-I have always gotten off on Big Band/Swing music-watching the Japanese Movies Jazz Girls from 2007 shows that this genre can even be moving in the 21st Century. Even some of the Crooners of the 30's and 40's Sinatra-Crosby-Martin etc have many songs that remain popular because the are moving in form or another-And Speaking of this era of music I grew up in a house with a Japanese mother that loved Enka music it was funny in the early 1960's and when my mother would play records in the house she would have an album by Hibari Misori followed by and Elvis album. The my father would come home and play Mozart followed by Ernest Tubb (Real old Country Music) While I had my own transistor radio (which was real hi-tech in 1963) and would listen to Jan and Dean and any type of music that was commonly on American Bandstand. But I'm wandering....(again)
Rock has produced some really emotive music....Moody Blues...Pink Floyd....music that sort of borders on something transcendental...
Some Animie OSTs are really great such as Heroic Age...Shuffle! I like a lot of the songs in the openings and endings of Bleach and Gintama.
So in short I like just about all genres of music and can tolerate all the other ones that I do not really like....Except for DISCO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: ^-^   Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:59 pm

swedesamurai wrote:
I had a really rich exposure to many different genres of music as I was growing up. I'm a War Baby a product of the American Occupation of Japan after the Second World War. I grew up in the US and thus was exposed to many differing genres of music from the times. The times being 1950's-1960's. In the day where a better equipped house had a record player with a changer that could have up to 5 LP's on it our house was constantly filled with differing music...My Father liked European and American Classical Music as well as Country & Western Music ( At the time there was a Difference between them). So while I was being exposed to Beethoven, Mozart, Tchaikovsky, Copeland, and Gershwin I was educated in Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, Ernest Tubb and Pasty Cline. My Mother came from a well to do family in Japan, one that owned a lot of Land in Hokkaido, and she received care packages from Japan with lots of records. Most of these records were Enka records so I would be exposed to Hibari Misora, Ishikawa Sayuri, Murata Hideo and many others as well as pop music (The Peanuts etc.) from Japan from around 1955-through about 1975.

It got more complicated when either I was visiting my Swedish American Grandparents or they were visiting us and we listened to music from another time. My Grandmother loved music and could play the piano and she played old Swedish folk and dance songs My Grandfather played the Accordion and could rap off Polka songs at the drop of a hat. When They were not playing but listening Big Band -Miller-Goodman-Shaw and the Crooners of the 30's and 40's Sinatra-Crosby-Martin would be played.

It was not uncommon in our house's record player to have albums like: Tchaikovsky 1812, followed by a Hibari Misora Album, followed by Johnny Cash, followed by Benny Goodman, and ending with and Elvis LP. This sort of eclectic music selection exposure has allowed me to enjoy music from all genres.

I read a lot when I read the SMS Mangas and Manhwas I often listen to Enka Music. When I read HQ I listen to Classical. When I'm studying ( I'm in my mid 50's and learning never stops) I listen to yeah you got me Animie music the peppier the better-somehow it helps me read faster!

But....

I love dramatic music! Music that can move you...this means the types of music I like cross varied genres, European Type Classical, for example: simple things such as: Aaron Copeland's-Fanfare to the Common Man; and Satie's Gymnopedie no 1 transcend all types of music genres; whereas a complex Beethoven Symphony can evoke a full range of emotions if you let yourself go into the music....Some Japanese Koto music is really inspirational and moving...as well as really hardy bagpipe music-Who is not moved by Scotland the Brave....Not to mention military marches can be profoundly emotive.
Getting into the 20th Century to present-I have always gotten off on Big Band/Swing music-watching the Japanese Movies Jazz Girls from 2007 shows that this genre can even be moving in the 21st Century. Even some of the Crooners of the 30's and 40's Sinatra-Crosby-Martin etc have many songs that remain popular because the are moving in form or another-And Speaking of this era of music I grew up in a house with a Japanese mother that loved Enka music it was funny in the early 1960's and when my mother would play records in the house she would have an album by Hibari Misori followed by and Elvis album. The my father would come home and play Mozart followed by Ernest Tubb (Real old Country Music) While I had my own transistor radio (which was real hi-tech in 1963) and would listen to Jan and Dean and any type of music that was commonly on American Bandstand. But I'm wandering....(again)
Rock has produced some really emotive music....Moody Blues...Pink Floyd....music that sort of borders on something transcendental...
Some Animie OSTs are really great such as Heroic Age...Shuffle! I like a lot of the songs in the openings and endings of Bleach and Gintama.
So in short I like just about all genres of music and can tolerate all the other ones that I do not really like....Except for DISCO.

I really enjoyed reading your comment.
It was like reading a wise person words ^-^
Yeah, I don't really like Disco either.
What I hate,that I can't stand is my friend's mom music.
It's all this old rock or country music, that I don't find very appealing.
Yes, Some Anime OTS's are very amazing,
I really like Maid-sama opening and Bleach Opening (I like a lot, But can't think of them)
It's old to hear that even the elder generation are still enjoying music and culture.
Dearly,
Mii-Pyon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: LoL   Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:51 pm

aerysa wrote:
My fave types of music are J-rock and J-pop, but I do listen to K-pop and English songs as well. Mostly the English songs are cuz of the radio at work... The other thing I like listening to is OSTs (original soundtracks) from animes and what not! Very Happy

>...<
Radios, They are so old xP
A new genration, Ipods bro zD
Dearly,
Mii-Pyon
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: I wonder.....Your favourite?   Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:36 pm

Mii-Pyon wrote:
>...<
Dearly,
Mii-Pyon
lol!

Well... Since I'm not the only one working in that space, that'd be difficult since I would need to have the same taste as my coworkers - which I don't. So just for something in the background, radio it is!

PostSubject: Meh!   Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:13 pm

aerysa wrote:
Mii-Pyon wrote:
>...<
Dearly,
Mii-Pyon
lol!

Well... Since I'm not the only one working in that space, that'd be difficult since I would need to have the same taste as my coworkers - which I don't. So just for something in the background, radio it is!

Razz
I know what you mean.
Meh, Still, Your work place should try to go Arrow instead of backwards.
I don't have the same taste as my friends, We like some same music,
Like Jpop and some Kpop but they don't listen to Nightcore or Anime OSTs.
Lonely world~
Dearly,
Mii-Pyon
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: I wonder.....Your favourite?   Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:19 pm

Mii-Pyon wrote:
aerysa wrote:
Mii-Pyon wrote:
>...<
Dearly,
Mii-Pyon
lol!

Razz
I know what you mean.
Lonely world~
Dearly,
Mii-Pyon

I understand why you'd think it's backwards. But for those who want their own personal music, they can use headphones. I can't. The minute I put on my headphones on, someone calls, or i have to go for a meeting. ^^; so since my staff has the radio on at her cubicle, I just leave my door open. Not exactly what I would listen to personally but better than near silence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: :   Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:45 pm

silvery wrote:
Mii-Pyon wrote:
aerysa wrote:
Mii-Pyon wrote:
>...<
Dearly,
Mii-Pyon
lol!

Razz
I know what you mean.
Lonely world~
Dearly,
Mii-Pyon

I understand why you'd think it's backwards. But for those who want their own personal music, they can use headphones. I can't. The minute I put on my headphones on, someone calls, or i have to go for a meeting. ^^; so since my staff has the radio on at her cubicle, I just leave my door open. Not exactly what I would listen to personally but better than near silence.

.....I disagree there.
I think it's not better then near silence.
Dearly,
Mii-Pyon~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I wonder.....Your favourite?   Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:08 am

I mostly listen to american music. Any type of Rock (except 80's.... ewwww) and I like older R&B love songs.
As far as international music. I must say I am behind the times. I am not even sure about what 1/2 the definitions for the poll were... Embarassed Is JPop and Kpop like Japanese pop and Korean Pop? I found a couple Korean songs I liked on MMV's of favorite manhwas and as for Japanese music I like some theme songs to anime I used to watch a lot and some AMV and MMV's that I found online.
Most of what I listen to in Rock Music is like Adalita's Way, Three Days Grace, Apocalyptica, Slipknot, System of a Down, Limp Bizkit, Nonpoint, Godsmack, and some others of those types.

Yes I am not with the times... you are free to laugh at me... Smile
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: I wonder.....Your favourite?   Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:40 am

Mii-Pyon wrote:
silvery wrote:

.....I disagree there.
I think it's not better then near silence.
Dearly,
Mii-Pyon~
Actually, I agree with Mii-Pyon on this one. I rather listen to nothing at all than something I don't like. But really, my tolerance of music is pretty broad. I'm too used to listening to music or just having background noise. Obviously the best is when I'm listening to my own stuff, which I do when I'm working by myself Smile

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: I wonder.....Your favourite?   Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:36 pm

casandra29 wrote:
I mostly listen to american music. Any type of Rock (except 80's.... ewwww) and I like older R&B love songs.
As far as international music. I must say I am behind the times. I am not even sure about what 1/2 the definitions for the poll were... Embarassed Is JPop and Kpop like Japanese pop and Korean Pop? I found a couple Korean songs I liked on MMV's of favorite manhwas and as for Japanese music I like some theme songs to anime I used to watch a lot and some AMV and MMV's that I found online.
Most of what I listen to in Rock Music is like Adalita's Way, Three Days Grace, Apocalyptica, Slipknot, System of a Down, Limp Bizkit, Nonpoint, Godsmack, and some others of those types.

I don't think that's bad. I don't actively search for new songs to listen to. Since I listen to the radio most of the time, if they happen to be playing a new song then it's ok. If not, meh, I don't really mind.

aerysa wrote:
Actually, I agree with Mii-Pyon on this one. I rather listen to nothing at all than something I don't like. But really, my tolerance of music is pretty broad. I'm too used to listening to music or just having background noise. Obviously the best is when I'm listening to my own stuff, which I do when I'm working by myself Smile

Well, everyone has their tastes. I don't actually listen to the songs, since sometimes the staff are louder than the radio ^_^; but I kinda got used to listening to songs that aren't usually my taste from a long time ago so I don't really mind (unless it's a song that's been overdone by the station) The plus side is that I sometimes grow to like a particular song that I would not normally have heard since it's not my choice station. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: xD   Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:37 pm

silvery wrote:
casandra29 wrote:

I don't think that's bad. I don't actively search for new songs to listen to. Since I listen to the radio most of the time, if they happen to be playing a new song then it's ok. If not, meh, I don't really mind.

aerysa wrote:

Well, everyone has their tastes. I don't actually listen to the songs, since sometimes the staff are louder than the radio ^_^; but I kinda got used to listening to songs that aren't usually my taste from a long time ago so I don't really mind (unless it's a song that's been overdone by the station) The plus side is that I sometimes grow to like a particular song that I would not normally have heard since it's not my choice station. Very Happy

xD
I feel sorry for you (if you need it)
And yes everyone has their own tastes.
Dearly, Mii-pyon
Back to top Go down
nippergryph2

PostSubject: Re: I wonder.....Your favourite?   Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:15 pm

My favorite genre of music changes with what mood I am in at the time. Long car trips stuff I can sing to is the best. For doing homework something that I like but is not attention grabbing. I have a very eclectic collection of music: Big Band, Glenn Miller, Nina Simone, Korean Drama OSTs, Indian Movie OSTs, Rock, Rap, Country, Broadway, and much more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Oh!   Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:10 pm

nippergryph2 wrote:
My favorite genre of music changes with what mood I am in at the time. Long car trips stuff I can sing to is the best. For doing homework something that I like but is not attention grabbing. I have a very eclectic collection of music: Big Band, Glenn Miller, Nina Simone, Korean Drama OSTs, Indian Movie OSTs, Rock, Rap, Country, Broadway, and much more.

Thats really interesting to know!
My favourite type of music doesn't change to my mood.
But sometimes I just don't want to hear a song from now and then when I'm a bit angry.
Embarassed I'm weird right?
Dearly,
Mii-Pyon
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: I wonder.....Your favourite?   Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:59 pm

silvery wrote:
Yeah! That happens to me sometimes too! Like maybe I'll just think a song is okay and kind of like it at the beginning, but as I hear it more, I like it a lot more. It's pretty rare that I'll have a song that I just LOVE from the get-go. Most things just fall in the "like" category, but "love" songs are the ones that I'd listen to forever on repeat and still not get sick of it.

nippergryph2 wrote:
Well, I wouldn't say that my favorite genre changes, but my mood definitely affects what I'll want to listen to. Like when I just want to unwind and relax, I tend to listen to something more mellow or ballads, but if I'm in a good mood, I'll want to listen to something more peppy and upbeat.

And yeees!! The homework thing... I get so distracted when I know the songs well and end up just singing along rather than doing work. Or if I'm writing something, I might end up writing what I hear instead of what I'm actually working on.

Mii-Pyon wrote:
But sometimes I just don't want to hear a song from now and then when I'm a bit angry.
Dearly,
Mii-Pyon
I think that's normal. Music can affect our mood and vice versa. So sometimes there's a song that I'll really, really want to hear, but other days, I won't care for it at all and skip it completely if it comes up.

PostSubject: xD   Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:15 pm

aerysa wrote:
silvery wrote:
Yeah! That happens to me sometimes too! Like maybe I'll just think a song is okay and kind of like it at the beginning, but as I hear it more, I like it a lot more. It's pretty rare that I'll have a song that I just LOVE from the get-go. Most things just fall in the "like" category, but "love" songs are the ones that I'd listen to forever on repeat and still not get sick of it.

nippergryph2 wrote:
Well, I wouldn't say that my favorite genre changes, but my mood definitely affects what I'll want to listen to. Like when I just want to unwind and relax, I tend to listen to something more mellow or ballads, but if I'm in a good mood, I'll want to listen to something more peppy and upbeat.

And yeees!! The homework thing... I get so distracted when I know the songs well and end up just singing along rather than doing work. Or if I'm writing something, I might end up writing what I hear instead of what I'm actually working on.

Mii-Pyon wrote:
Dearly,
Mii-Pyon
I think that's normal. Music can affect our mood and vice versa. So sometimes there's a song that I'll really, really want to hear, but other days, I won't care for it at all and skip it completely if it comes up.

xD
Just like me!~
Sometimes I love the song but then my mood is bad so I won't listen to the long at all.
Dearly,
Mii-Pyon
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: I wonder.....Your favourite?   Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:31 pm

aerysa wrote:
silvery wrote:

This is how I come to like most of the songs I hear (except maybe Gangam style... I think that one's done to death) Upbeat songs catch my attention faster than slow songs and I tend to pay attention to the lyrics more than the song itself after a while.

aerysa wrote:
nippergryph2 wrote:

Which is why I kinda stopped listening to music when I'm studying/ typing. I found that I worked slower than when I'm not listening to anything. Most likely because of my habit of concentrating to the lyrics. ^^;

aerysa wrote:
Mii-Pyon wrote:
Dearly,
Mii-Pyon

I have a friend like that. She'll only listen to certain music when she's in a certain mood. So her playlist is huge~ me, I'm usually fine with anything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Hehe   Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:36 pm

silvery wrote:
aerysa wrote:
silvery wrote:

This is how I come to like most of the songs I hear (except maybe Gangam style... I think that one's done to death) Upbeat songs catch my attention faster than slow songs and I tend to pay attention to the lyrics more than the song itself after a while.

aerysa wrote:
nippergryph2 wrote:

Which is why I kinda stopped listening to music when I'm studying/ typing. I found that I worked slower than when I'm not listening to anything. Most likely because of my habit of concentrating to the lyrics. ^^;

aerysa wrote:
Mii-Pyon wrote:
Dearly,
Mii-Pyon

I have a friend like that. She'll only listen to certain music when she's in a certain mood. So her playlist is huge~ me, I'm usually fine with anything.

Hehe..
That's cute...
My playlist isn't that big...Maybe only 80 songs or so...
I mainly just listen to music on youtube xD
Dearly,
Mii-Pyon~
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: I wonder.....Your favourite?   Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:19 am

silvery wrote:
haha~ That is a really catchy song, but I don't particularly care for it. ATM, it's one of those "one-hit wonders" in my opinion. I definitely didn't rush out to check out more of his music, just because of it. If you get what I mean.

silvery wrote:
That's why I listen to Japanese music Razz Don't understand it.

silvery wrote:
Mii-Pyon wrote:
Hehe..
That's cute...
My playlist isn't that big...Maybe only 80 songs or so...
I mainly just listen to music on youtube xD
Dearly,
Mii-Pyon~
Uhm... Define "huge~" XD Currently on my mp3 player, I have about 700 songs? That's definitely way more than 80, but I don't know if that's considered "huge~". hehe~

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: I wonder.....Your favourite?   Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:33 am

I carry about 4000 songs and symphonies on my mp3 player; with me everywhere I go. On my Cell are over 2000 others so I'm well covered with exactly the types od music I love.
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: I wonder.....Your favourite?   Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:57 am

aerysa wrote:
Uhm... Define "huge~" XD Currently on my mp3 player, I have about 700 songs? That's definitely way more than 80, but I don't know if that's considered "huge~". hehe~

swedesamurai wrote:
I carry about 4000 songs and symphonies on my mp3 player; with me everywhere I go. On my Cell are over 2000 others so I'm well covered with exactly the types od music I love.

Hmmm... I can't say how many songs in number, actually. I just know that since I've known her nearly 10 years ago, she's always been collecting OSTs and other music. During our Uni days she'd burn those onto CDs and now she saves most of them in HDDs. I think her collection is closer to swede's than yours, aerysa. She gets bored with her music so fast she needs to stock up on what she wants to listen to. I still remember listening to Bon Odori music on weekends when we were lazing in the room Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I wonder.....Your favourite?   

Back to top Go down

I wonder.....Your favourite?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next