Shojo Manhwa Scans

Download Scanlations from SMScans Here
 
BlogHomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Please Help >..<

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Please Help >..<   Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:30 pm

I've read a lot of Mangas and the "Surprise" button on manga websites just isn't....
Working out for me,
I'm always getting mangas I've already read,
It's so disapointing.
Can anyone suggest some ROMANCE mangas,
Please if you do suggest,NO hentai or Ecchi,
I would prefer mangas with Girl main characters
Dearly,
Mii-Pyon~ Question
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Please Help >..<   Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:45 pm

You should provide a list of what you read already.

I like Dengeki Daisy, The Story of Saiunkoku, Red River....
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Please Help >..<   Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:03 pm

I am the same. I have read tons of manga and manhwa. Most is Romance. I am having a hard time finding new ones I want to read too. I keep a list of ones I read in the past and give them stars 1 - 3 based on how I like them. There are so many different types of romance out there. You said no Hentai or Ecchi does that mean exclude sex or clevage all together? If not then the possibilities of not finding you a good match are still super huge.

*Red - (this is different than Red River one previously mentioned, its just "Red") Its about a woman with a bad home life and was made fun of for her red hair she left the abuse and started a new life for herself. Its a older audience type like harlequins I don't think they classify it as a Josei though. Its by flower comics. If you haven't tried it you should its good.

Be Heun is a interesting Korean Manhwa currently ongoing. It is a martial arts historical and romance one. Its super funny at times too.

Home- Is definitely one you should check out. Its a Japanese man and English woman set in that era. Its a really good one, if you haven't tried it you should

*Sengoku Danshi Hana no Ran this is a really awesome one being released now. Its a historical romance. A samurai guy and a girl from the present. There are 3 brothers who are retainers for Oda Nobunaga and Nobunaga himself being brought to the present. Its actually quite a interesting story so far.

*Koukyuu Days - Shichi Kuni Monogatari - This is a Gender Bender that is the exception to the rule for me, so far, but there are only 3 scanned in English. Its about a girl who is a male cross dressing actor on stage. The King sees her and decides to hire her to entertain the women in his harem which he has been neglecting.

Ookami-heika no Hanayome - The Wolf King Bride - This one is pretty good. Its got a decent story about a king with a sort of split personality. One of his personalities is scary to the main girl in the story and most everyone else in the story. The other personality is only seen by her and his closest advisers. She was hired to be the kings fake consort.... its odd. But its a good read so far.

Afew more off the top of my head that were good
*Another Kingdom - This one is a completed one. Good Romance
Xue Lian
The Queen's Knight
*Yume no Shizuku, Ougon no Torikago

EDIT: I put * next to the ones that have women as the main character. None of the ones I mentioned are Hentai or Ecchi either so they fit that requirement.


Last edited by casandra29 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Hehe ^^"   Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:11 pm

Algenon wrote:
You should provide a list of what you read already.

I like Dengeki Daisy, The Story of Saiunkoku, Red River....

Sorry I didn't ^^"
I just,
I've read too many,
So I don't know many of the mangas names.
Ah Dengeki Daisy, I've read that
Not the others though,
So thanks~
Dearly,
Mii-Pyon
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Please Help >..<   Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:12 am

I'm following Ookami-heika no Hanayome - The Wolf King Bride. I think it's funny and sweet. I recommend it !
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Please Help >..<   Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:28 pm

Have you read: Skip Beat!, Tokyo Crazy Paradise, Kamisama Hajimemashita, Kaichou wa Maid-sama, Koi dano Ai dano, Keishichou Tokuhanka 007, Shitsuji-sama no Okiniiri, Oresama Teacher, Akagami no Shirayukihime, Suki-tte Ii na yo...

I can't remember a lot of the ones I've already read... But try the ones I've listed if you haven't already.
Back to top Go down
aerysa
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 600
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Please Help >..<   Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:16 am

Oh yeah, I definitely second Kamisama Hajimemashita and Keishichou Tokuhanka 007 if you haven't read those. They're two of the series that I'm following right now.

A short one (one volume) that I read recently that was pretty cute is called Heaven Company.

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://mikarysa.livejournal.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Please Help >..<   Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:52 pm

aerysa wrote:
Oh yeah, I definitely second Kamisama Hajimemashita and Keishichou Tokuhanka 007 if you haven't read those. They're two of the series that I'm following right now.

A short one (one volume) that I read recently that was pretty cute is called Heaven Company.

Hehe,
I'm also reading Kamisama
But I'm not reading the other one.
I'll check it out.
Thanks Aerysa~
Dearly,
Mii-Pyon
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member
avatar

Posts : 466
Join date : 2012-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Please Help >..<   Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:58 pm

What about W-Juliet and Grand Sun? Nousatsu Rock Shounen is also nice.
Back to top Go down
aerysa
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 600
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Please Help >..<   Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:10 am

Mii-Pyon wrote:
Hehe,
I'm also reading Kamisama
But I'm not reading the other one.
I'll check it out.
Thanks Aerysa~
Dearly,
Mii-Pyon
Ehehe~ I guess Kamisama is a pretty popular one right now. Did you watch the anime?

The other one is like supernatural, adventure-ish? Well, it's about detective work where the main guy is a detective and the girl joins the team because she has special (ESP-type) powers that she uses to unlock clues to the case. It's a really cute series as long as you don't mind age-gaps between the hero/heroine. It's nothing creepy or anything like that. (17 vs 26 or something like that?) *shrugs*

Oh, and are you into shoujo more, josei more or doesn't matter?? I find myself reading more josei stories (cuz I'm in that age group! XD) and there are a few that are pretty interesting, though not much out yet in terms of releases.

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://mikarysa.livejournal.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Please Help >..<   Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:59 pm

aerysa wrote:
Mii-Pyon wrote:
Hehe,
I'm also reading Kamisama
But I'm not reading the other one.
I'll check it out.
Thanks Aerysa~
Dearly,
Mii-Pyon
Ehehe~ I guess Kamisama is a pretty popular one right now. Did you watch the anime?

The other one is like supernatural, adventure-ish? Well, it's about detective work where the main guy is a detective and the girl joins the team because she has special (ESP-type) powers that she uses to unlock clues to the case. It's a really cute series as long as you don't mind age-gaps between the hero/heroine. It's nothing creepy or anything like that. (17 vs 26 or something like that?) *shrugs*

Oh, and are you into shoujo more, josei more or doesn't matter?? I find myself reading more josei stories (cuz I'm in that age group! XD) and there are a few that are pretty interesting, though not much out yet in terms of releases.


Ehehe...
I didn't watch the anime because I was already far ahead in the manga..
I don't like rewatch/reading xD
Unless it's maid sama or somthing... ;c
I'm more Shoujo....But I do read Josei sometimes...
Dearly,
Mii-Pyon
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Please Help >..<   Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:41 pm

eRif wrote:
Have you read: Skip Beat!, Tokyo Crazy Paradise, Kamisama Hajimemashita, Kaichou wa Maid-sama, Koi dano Ai dano, Keishichou Tokuhanka 007, Shitsuji-sama no Okiniiri, Oresama Teacher, Akagami no Shirayukihime, Suki-tte Ii na yo...

I can't remember a lot of the ones I've already read... But try the ones I've listed if you haven't already.

Thanks a ton~
I've watched Skip Beat, I'm reading Maid sama,Also reading Kamisama...I dropped Oresama for the time being....
Ah...I also gave up on Suki-tte Ii na ya (too much smut *~*)
Hehe I'm also reading Akagami no shirayukihime... xD
I read too much Manga.....
I haven't read the others...I think...
But thanks.
Dearly,
Mii-Pyon
Back to top Go down
aerysa
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 600
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Please Help >..<   Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:31 pm

Mii-Pyon wrote:
Ehehe...
I didn't watch the anime because I was already far ahead in the manga..
I don't like rewatch/reading xD
Unless it's maid sama or somthing... ;c
I'm more Shoujo....But I do read Josei sometimes...
Dearly,
Mii-Pyon
Well if you haven't watched the Kamisama anime, I wouldn't recommend it. It started out good (as in following the manga), but deviated completely so they could make an "ending".

Josei tends to be more "slice of life" just given the nature, but a good one I liked is called Oishii Kankei, which is completed. That one is about cooking. And one that's still in progress (for scanlating) that I also like is called Real Clothes. This one is about the fashion industry (as the name suggests Razz)

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://mikarysa.livejournal.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Please Help >..<   Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:48 pm

It's so hard to recommend something when we don't know what you've read. Make a list of the ones you've read on Mangaupdates.com and then use the search function to show you stuff not on that list. That's how I find new manga.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Please Help >..<   Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:17 am

Mer de noms wrote:
It's so hard to recommend something when we don't know what you've read. Make a list of the ones you've read on Mangaupdates.com and then use the search function to show you stuff not on that list. That's how I find new manga.


I can't put a list because I don't know what I've read ^^"
I've read too much manga but possibly can't remember all their names, Sorry.
I don't like the website mangaupdates....I use Mangafox,Mangahere and mangareader.
But thanks,
I'll try it anyway!~
Dearly,
Mii-Pyon
Back to top Go down
rayghiemay
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 40
Join date : 2013-02-22
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Please Help >..<   Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:53 pm

have you tried koukou debut? i know it's not new but i just read it and i think it fits your standard of romance but not ecchi. try searching for it at mangareader. i heard it has a different title in other manga sites but i can't confirm it as i only read it on mangareader. hope this will help you Very Happy

_________________
"Fear can only ruin your life if you will allow for it to. In our lives we can try to bypass our fears by staying away from them as much as possible, but to truly conquer each fear we must step up to it, and take it on. We can only defeat something if we are willing to compete against it, and with a strong heart, a determined attitude, and an unbreakable will, there is nothing in this world we can't defeat if we give it our all."

afro
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Please Help >..<   Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:07 pm

Mii-Pyon wrote:
eRif wrote:
Have you read: Skip Beat!, Tokyo Crazy Paradise, Kamisama Hajimemashita, Kaichou wa Maid-sama, Koi dano Ai dano, Keishichou Tokuhanka 007, Shitsuji-sama no Okiniiri, Oresama Teacher, Akagami no Shirayukihime, Suki-tte Ii na yo...

I can't remember a lot of the ones I've already read... But try the ones I've listed if you haven't already.

Thanks a ton~
I've watched Skip Beat, I'm reading Maid sama,Also reading Kamisama...I dropped Oresama for the time being....
Ah...I also gave up on Suki-tte Ii na ya (too much smut *~*)
Hehe I'm also reading Akagami no shirayukihime... xD
I read too much Manga.....
I haven't read the others...I think...
But thanks.
Dearly,
Mii-Pyon

Hey! No problem! You definitely have to read Koi dano and its prequel Warau Kanoko-sama, that one isn't much on romance though. But it continues on to Koi dano which has the romantic side to it.
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member
avatar

Posts : 466
Join date : 2012-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Please Help >..<   Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:41 pm

Just finished Mixed Vegetables by Komura Ayumi. It's quite interesting and funny. An if you like food, even better. I liked that the romance was taken slowly and not rushed headlong into it.
Back to top Go down
girlflower



Posts : 12
Join date : 2014-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Please Help >..<   Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:52 pm

why don't you try some of these:
- Boarding House Of Hunks
- Hana Kimi
- Hana Yori Dango
- Platinum Garden (Still Ongoing)
- Ouran High School Host Club [Host Club]
- Kyou, Koi O Hajimemasu [Today, Love Starts!]
- Kaichou Wa Maid-sama! [President Is A Maid]
- Junai Tokkou Taichou! [Love Attack!] (Still Ongoing)
- My Boyfriend Is a Vampire [Vampire Boyfriend]
- Orange Yane No Chiisana Ie [Little House With An Orange Roof]
- Love In The Mask
- Kyuuketsu Yuugi [Vampire Game]
- Sora Wa Akai Kawa No Hotori [Red River] [Anatolia Story]
- He Dedicated To Roses
- Crazy Girl Shin Bia
- Kanata Kara [From Far Away]
- Ouke No Monshou [Daughter Of The Nile] (Still Ongoing)
- Perfect Girl Evolution [Yamato Nadeshiko Shichihenge] (Still Ongoing)
- Love So Life (Still Ongoing)
- The Bride Of The Water God (Still Ongoing)
- Gakuen Babysitters [School Babysitters] (Still Ongoing)
- Love Like Crazy [In Love With A Beat] (Still Ongoing)
- Boy Of The Female Wolf [Wolf Girl's Boy] (Still Ongoing)
- Dear My Girls [Little Ladies]
- The One
- Nice Guy Syndrome
- Saesang Bring It On! [Bring It On, World!]
- Snow Drop
- Skip Beat (Still Ongoing)
- First Girl
- Arakure [Wild Ones]
- Faster Than A Kiss [Kisu Yori Mo Hayaku]
- Kare First Love [My First Love]
- Immortal Rain [Meteor Methuselah]
- Karin [Chibi Vampire]
- Koukou Debut [High School Debut]
- Kaikan Phrase [Sensual Phrase]
- Midori No Hibi [Midori Days]
- Inuyasha
- Tenshi ja Nai!! [I'm No Angel]
- Zettai Kareshi [Absolute Boyfriend]
- The Moment When A Fox Becomes A Wolf
- Saruyama! [Monkey High]
- Tsuki No Shippo [Tail Of The Moon]
- Yume De Aetara [If I See You In My Dreams]
- I'm Looking for the Princess [Princess Finds]
- Honggane [The Hong Family]
- Idol Shopping
- Hapi Mari [Happy Marriage]
- Legend Of Nereid
- Midnight Secretary
- Taming The Cat Master
- Ways Of The Jogang Jicheo
- You're So Cool

Hope you'll find atleast 1 you haven't read?
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member
avatar

Posts : 466
Join date : 2012-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Please Help >..<   Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:52 pm

This was the closest I could get to a manga recommendation page...

Recently finished Edo Karuta by Ame Arare. It's four one-shot stories, with titles taken from the Edo Karuta (a Japanese card game from ancient Japan or Edo). The first story was somewhat cliched but the rest were really sweet and touching. It's based in the feudal times so for those who are tired of air-headed school girls who can't decide if it's love, this is a refreshing change. Do give it a try Wink
Back to top Go down
kaz



Posts : 7
Join date : 2014-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Please Help >..<   Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:46 pm

Just a warning, Happi Mari, Midnight Secretary and Sensual Phrase all have varying degrees of smut.
The anime of skip beat only covers some of the mangas, there's been a lot more story since then.
I'll second the recommendations of Dengecki Daisy, Wild Ones, Gakuen Babysitters, Mixed Vegetables and
Love so Life.
But if you're only going to try one new series, make it The Secret Notes of Lady Kanako, it's just adorable.
Back to top Go down
kaz



Posts : 7
Join date : 2014-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Please Help >..<   Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:53 pm

Whoops, just reread your question. Lady Kanako isn't really romance as such, there is a handsome, intelligent guy who starts to have feelings for the heroine, but she's way too busy observing other people and finally making a couple of friends to notice.
Also, Kimi ni Todoke?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Please Help >..<   

Back to top Go down
 
Please Help >..<
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shojo Manhwa Scans :: DISCUSSIONS :: General-
Jump to: