Shojo Manhwa Scans

Download Scanlations from SMScans Here

BlogHomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

romance and fantasy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: romance and fantasy   Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:52 am

Hi! I would like to ask are there any manga that have romance and fantasy just like "The Man for Megan"?
Back to top Go down
Duchess
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: romance and fantasy   Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:39 am

tin23 wrote:
Hi! I would like to ask are there any manga that have romance and fantasy just like "The Man for Megan"?

Yes there are, there's one with a vampire but i can't remember the title

Check-out Colorful Shoe Prints

Bespoke Cakes for your Memorable Occasions
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: romance and fantasy   Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:49 pm

Duchess wrote:
tin23 wrote:

Ducchess, where you thinking of Midnight Secretary?
Back to top Go down
lethalene
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: romance and fantasy   Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:49 pm

Nearly all of Oomi Tomu's mangas are a mix of romance and fantasy. She's the mangaka who created the Midnight Secretary series that kalekala mentionned. I have a preference for her Barairo my Honey series.
Ningyo Ouji is a collection of 3 stories by Yuki Yoshihara, mixing also love stories with fantasy. You have a merman, a ghost and a demon. Yuki Yoshihara's stories are usually funny and smutty.
I also like a lot Soryanaize Darling, by Tomomi Nagae. You have a bit of ghost possession and time travel in this one. And I think it's pretty romantic.
And there's this light hearted read, Tsuiteru Kanojo, by Maki Enjouji, with a hero who is a priest exorcist and the heroin who tends to be possessed by spirits.
The mangakas mentionned here draw ladies comics, meaning josei smut.

If you're talking about the Harlequin comics, there's A wife in Time, by Cathie Linz and illustrated by Mami Ishikawa. There's time travel in this one. Shojo Manhwa have already shared this one but you may have missed it.

There are a few other fantasy genre HQ comics but they aren't translated in English yet. There's for exemple the Wings in the Night series, by Maggie Shayne, with vampires. The Japanese scans are available at some sites for the first story, Twilight Phantasies / 暗闇のファンタジー, illustrated by Akino Matsuri. Twilight Hunger is also adapted into a manga, illustrated by Kei Kohsaki, but I don't think I've seen the scans on the Internet.

You have Gena Showalter's Lords of the Underworld series, with vampires, gods, demons and were-creatures.
I've listed the manga versions in this post. The post is in French but click on the Japanese covers of the mangas if you'd like to have a preview of each story. I don't have the raws except for The Darkest Prison / オリンポスの咎人 女神の烙印, illustrated by Earithen. But most of us have those same LQ raws.

I don't know if the Korean scans for the Raintree series by Linda Howard are still available on the sites uploading the files. The series is about wizards. I remember the manga version for Inferno is illustrated by Kazuko Fujita.

Last edited by lethalene on Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Duchess
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: romance and fantasy   Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:33 am

kalekala wrote:
Duchess wrote:
tin23 wrote:

Ducchess, where you thinking of Midnight Secretary?

No there a harlequin with vampire, 2 volume i think it's just something i came across about a year and half ago but i didn't pay much attention to it

Check-out Colorful Shoe Prints

Bespoke Cakes for your Memorable Occasions
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: romance and fantasy   

Back to top Go down

romance and fantasy
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1