Shojo Manhwa Scans

Download Scanlations from SMScans Here

BlogHomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

4 Weeks discussion about the creepy romance

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: 4 Weeks discussion about the creepy romance    Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:39 pm

Does anyone like that oneshot? I hated it. Maybe I am bias. I work at a non-profit agency.
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: 4 Weeks discussion about the creepy romance    Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:18 am

Sorry, but your post isn't very clear. What oneshot are you talking about exactly??

Also, there's nothing wrong with being opinionated. I'm not sure if you ever took part in our HQ discussions, but a lot of us felt equally strong (negatively) towards the Man of Ice manga.

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: 4 Weeks discussion about the creepy romance    Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:51 am

aerysa wrote:
Sorry, but your post isn't very clear. What oneshot are you talking about exactly??

Also, there's nothing wrong with being opinionated. I'm not sure if you ever took part in our HQ discussions, but a lot of us felt equally strong (negatively) towards the Man of Ice manga.

the new manga "four weeks" is a collection of oneshots which means the chapter that SMS released is the first oneshot...

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: 4 Weeks discussion about the creepy romance    Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:22 am

Jibril wrote:
aerysa wrote:

the new manga "four weeks" is a collection of oneshots which means the chapter that SMS released is the first oneshot...
Ohh... Oops! I didn't know. I don't usually check the main page so I totally didn't realize Embarassed

So obviously haven't read it and don't think I will based on your comments. I hate those stories which try to portray abusive relationships as something that it's not. That is NOT romance, so stop trying to twist it and labeling it as such! Evil or Very Mad

PostSubject: Re: 4 Weeks discussion about the creepy romance    Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:09 am

Sorry just wanted to say one more thing. Smile
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4 Weeks discussion about the creepy romance    Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:11 pm

This was the first HQ I read here that I really disliked.
Maybe it was just me but I thought their relationship was really twisted and just wasn't feeling it. Plus I wasn't a fan of the artwork.
Did anyone else find it disturbing????

I mean this with no offense to the people translating and doing all the work on it. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Jibril
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: 4 Weeks discussion about the creepy romance    Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:15 am

spamy1 wrote:
This was the first HQ I read here that I really disliked.
Maybe it was just me but I thought their relationship was really twisted and just wasn't feeling it. Plus I wasn't a fan of the artwork.
Did anyone else find it disturbing????

I mean this with no offense to the people translating and doing all the work on it. Shocked

lol you arent the only one. i really hope the other oneshots in this manga arent as bad as this one

btw this wasnt a HQ, just a regular manga. Harlequins usually have an english/american author since they are based on their books Wink
Back to top Go down
Asha2188
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: 4 Weeks discussion about the creepy romance    Sat May 11, 2013 5:07 am

I didn't like the first chapter as well it wasn't what I thought it was going to be. I'm hoping the other three chapters won't be so twisted as the first one.
Back to top Go down
shikurai17

PostSubject: Re: 4 Weeks discussion about the creepy romance    Wed May 15, 2013 9:33 am

Reading the discussion made me go read the manga. I liked it, but I do like creepy and twisted stories. It could have been more fleshed out. It was a simple manga with a twisted concept of "love".

I wouldn't like it in real life, but I love it in stories. I like the different emotions I feel when reading stories that are creepy, wrong and twisted.
Back to top Go down
Iaria
Cool User
Cool User

PostSubject: Re: 4 Weeks discussion about the creepy romance    Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:49 pm

aerysa wrote:

Ugh Man of Ice was terrible. I'll never understand why women authors write their male leads so aggressively assholyish and then try to soften them by giving them sad backstories. Do they not realise it makes the women dumb and weak for falling for them?
Back to top Go down
Veramonte
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: 4 Weeks discussion about the creepy romance    Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:34 pm

I gotta say I don't understand any of it, so I just dropped it after the first chapter Sad
Back to top Go down
lethalene
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: 4 Weeks discussion about the creepy romance    Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:49 pm

I didn't like it either. Too screwed and yet only half-@assed done. When the relationship is twisted in manga, I like them to be done completely in the same spirit. Here, it's half twisted at first, half sugary saccharine in the end. It feels like those immature shoujo mangas for teens which dibb in dark themes but don't have some real adult perspective.  Mad 
Back to top Go down
Melody333

PostSubject: Re: 4 Weeks discussion about the creepy romance    Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 am

I see what you mean. I didn't exactly hate the first oneshot, but i didn't find it very good either... I cleaned all 4 chapters (still working on 4) I have no idea what they exactly say, but it seems that the later chapters don't even have much of a good ending... The first did have some sort of good ending, that's why i don't really hate it... I just hope that I've misinterpreted the other chapters, I probably won't read them otherwise...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4 Weeks discussion about the creepy romance    

Back to top Go down

4 Weeks discussion about the creepy romance
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1