Shojo Manhwa Scans

Download Scanlations from SMScans Here

BlogHomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

*Waves hello*

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: *Waves hello*   Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:27 am

I never used to read comic books, let alone manga, but recently become fascinated how a few art strokes and a few words can retell a Harlequin story by well-known authors.

I can see that the project of scanning and translating Harlequin mangas is a huge effort so I'm thanking all those people who take part in this.

Also thank you to admins for setting up this forum and the blog and keeping it moderated. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: *Waves hello*   Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:37 pm

Hi Gwennie! (Cute username~)

I know what you mean about the transformation of HQ stories into manga. I love seeing that visual of the characters and how they're interpreted from the verbal description into drawings ^^ It adds a completely different dimension to the story.

Anyways, welcome to the forum and I hope you find time to participate in the forum when you get a chance!

PostSubject: Re: *Waves hello*   Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:38 pm

Thanks for your comment, aerysa. Very Happy

I read about how Harlequin authors are lucky to be chosen to have their story in manga.

Are Harlequin Pink target teens from 12 and up and Harlequin Violet from 16 and up? I've always wonder due to adult themes in some of the stories.

I found this interesting facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/HarLequinManga
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: *Waves hello*   Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:34 pm

It must be quite an honor to have it picked. It's like a novel getting adapted into a movie or a manga getting adapted into anime - it's usually because it's quite popular to begin with.

As for HQ Pink vs HQ Violet, I'm not sure the actual age difference that they've ranked it, but it sounds about right. There's a wide flavor of HQ stories out there, so the tamer ones are quite suitable for younger ages. At the other end, others are better left for older teens/adults to read.

Lol, there are FB pages for eveeerything out there nowadays! Not that I'm complaining. I just don't use FB a whole lot.

PostSubject: Re: *Waves hello*   

Back to top Go down

*Waves hello*
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1