Download Scanlations from SMScans Here

BlogHomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Rules Regarding Signatures?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
aerysa

PostSubject: Rules Regarding Signatures?   Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:39 pm

I know that the signature area for the profile/forum is usually a space for people to personalize, but I was wondering if we could add some rules regarding it - especially pictures. Most forums I've be a part of in the past put a limit on the size allowed for images used.

I'm not saying this because I want to be mean - a lot of people have really cute signatures. It's just that a number of people also have very HUGE images as part of it. For lucky people like me who have no internet issues, it doesn't affect anything. But other people might not be so lucky and I can foresee it being a potential issue for load time. It's quite disconcerting when you get a signature that's larger than the post area...

Anyways, it's just a suggestion. Anyone else have any thoughts regarding this?

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rules Regarding Signatures?   Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:41 am

aerysa wrote:
I know that the signature area for the profile/forum is usually a space for people to personalize, but I was wondering if we could add some rules regarding it - especially pictures. Most forums I've be a part of in the past put a limit on the size allowed for images used.

I'm not saying this because I want to be mean - a lot of people have really cute signatures. It's just that a number of people also have very HUGE images as part of it. For lucky people like me who have no internet issues, it doesn't affect anything. But other people might not be so lucky and I can foresee it being a potential issue for load time. It's quite disconcerting when you get a signature that's larger than the post area...

Anyways, it's just a suggestion. Anyone else have any thoughts regarding this?

Yeah I tried the administration panel to see if i could do something about it like with the profile picture, but there's no such option, so all we can do is pm users with large signature images to reduce the size

Last edited by Duchess on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Rules Regarding Signatures?   Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:58 am

Duchess wrote:
Yeah I the administration panel to see if i could do something about it like with the profile picture, but there's no such option, so all we can do pm user with large signature images to reduce the size
Ah okay, well you could always say something in the rules section since there must be a maximum allowable size for profile avatars. And yes, we could pm users about that, but is there a set size limit we could tell them?

PostSubject: Re: Rules Regarding Signatures?   

Back to top Go down

Rules Regarding Signatures?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1