Share | 

What are Your Hobbies?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
aerysa

PostSubject: What are Your Hobbies?   Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

Obviously most of us are interested in manga and romance and harlequins, since that IS what this group does, but what other things interest you?

We've been discussing this in another thread, so I thought we should have a proper thread for it... Just so we don't stray off topic completely Laughing

Anyways, the discussion so far has been about styling hair (my hobby) and doing your nails (jollychick's hobby) and modelling (silvery's hobby).

For me, I really like doing my hair and I've gotten pretty good at it. Though some of my hairstyles look complicated, it doesn't take me long at all - usually within 10 minutes ^^ And I love watching how-to tutorials for it on YouTube. There's some people out there who are REALLY good at it!

Besides the obvious of reading manga/watching anime, I also like writing and crafty things, like making jewelry, though that one is not as often.

How about everyone else? I'm sure there's other things that interest us besides just manga/anime ^^

If it's something you can document with pictures, and you're not shy about it, feel free to share those as well~

AuthorMessage
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: What are Your Hobbies?   Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:21 pm

jollychick wrote:
silvery wrote:
Laughing I still collect manga though. Since I share with my brother, money and space was not much of an issue... ten years ago. Now we're more selective of the manga we buy. Space is running low. Especially since gunpla kits can really eat up our storage space.
I'm sure they can take a lot of space. What do yall do with the gunpla after you've...assembled(?) them? Do you display them somehow? I've seen pictures on Google where some people put them in glass cases or on top of mantles to show them off.

Well, the better made ones we'll display while the practice pieces are usually kept back in the box. When he first started, my brother also bought some very simple start pieces (we call them cannon fodder because they're generic and most of the joints don't move) which we have cannibalized and use for parts or practice.

jollychick wrote:

Has anyone ever made bead jewelry? I saw some do-it-yourself bracelets in Walmart. You pick out a plain bangle or chain bracelet, then you pick out different packs of glass beads. It was by a company called Mix n Mingle, I think. I didn't buy one but I wanted to know if anyone had tried it out before I picked some up.

Hmm... I bought some beads from Daiso to try and make some of my own, but I think aerysa has the most experience making jewelry...
Back to top Go down
jollychick
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: What are Your Hobbies?   Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:30 pm

Arian_Mikki wrote:
I used to play a lot of video games then I entered college and became poor so I can't afford t.v., let alone games. Now most of my hobbies are reading, sports, and traveling.
For reading: I will read anything. Manga, Historic, Action, Scif-Fi, Fiction, Light novels, and much, much more.
For sports: Soccer, Judo, Street-Dance, Archery, Track and Field, Basketball, Volleyball, and a few others.
For traveling: I have almost made it to all fifty states and right now I am in Japan...even if it is for school.
Wow! So many sports, even judo Shocked!! The last time I played volleyball was in high school gym...many years ago. Badminton was a favorite before I moved, but since living here I haven't found an area to set up the net and such...too many pine trees. Also, I love your avatar!!! The cutest thing ever!!
silvery wrote:
Hmm... I bought some beads from Daiso to try and make some of my own, but I think aerysa has the most experience making jewelry...
I've yet to try, but I figure it might be fun. It might even become a habit since I've got a thing for beaded bracelets. They're super cute and colorful, but I mainly wear them because the don't turn my wrist funny colors if they're just made of metal. I can't even wear costume jewelry-type earring because they infect my ears Evil or Very Mad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are Your Hobbies?   Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:20 pm

jollychick wrote:
Arian_Mikki wrote:
I used to play a lot of video games then I entered college and became poor so I can't afford t.v., let alone games. Now most of my hobbies are reading, sports, and traveling.
For reading: I will read anything. Manga, Historic, Action, Scif-Fi, Fiction, Light novels, and much, much more.
For sports: Soccer, Judo, Street-Dance, Archery, Track and Field, Basketball, Volleyball, and a few others.
For traveling: I have almost made it to all fifty states and right now I am in Japan...even if it is for school.
Wow! So many sports, even judo Shocked!! The last time I played volleyball was in high school gym...many years ago. Badminton was a favorite before I moved, but since living here I haven't found an area to set up the net and such...too many pine trees. Also, I love your avatar!!! The cutest thing ever!

I enjoy sports, plus sports keep me healthy and skinny and make it much easy to relate and fantasize about some manga. Wink

Can you string the badminton net up between two pine trees?
I used to live in a desert so lots of empty space. Love it here in Japan. I can actually see all four seasons here.

Thanks I love my avatar as well. I always believed having a teddy bear would protect me from all evils at night. Smile
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: What are Your Hobbies?   Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:57 pm

@jollychick -
Have you started playing TMGS yet?? I was talking to my sis about it, and apparently the version you have (as in the "Plus" aspect) is that you can actually talk to the guys!! It's super fun because it's exactly like going to school and making choices you would make - like whether to study or not. Well, I'm sure you'd figure it out if you've played games like Love Revo. But it also has all these little intricate details too, which makes it really interesting.

As for the voice actors, I think you would like Hazuki Kei or Himuro Reiichi the most in that one. Quick character summary -
Spoiler:

As for bead jewelry, I'm not sure if I have the most experience, but I make all sorts of things - rings, earrings, necklace, bracelet... And I don't use any particular designs. I just make what I want to. For the earrings, I took a class for it at the local bead shop, so since then I learned the basic techniques which I can use for other things.

For some pictures...
Spoiler:

@spamy1 -
That's so cool that you did hairstyling for your job! My cousin does that as her side job. But if you do it for work, I can see why it doesn't seem so much a hobby. And yes, it's really fun to mess around with your own hair ^___^

@Arian_Mikki -
Super neat that you do archery! I think it looks really fun (and hard!). I tried it once when I was really young since we had that option as part of this outdoor camp I went to in grade school.

For traveling is this your first trip outside of the States then? How long are you in Japan for and what city are you staying in? I got to stay in Osaka for a month (and visited some of the other cities for shorter periods) as a graduation present to myself and it was suuuper fun!

PostSubject: Re: What are Your Hobbies?   Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:14 pm

@aerysa-
Yes, this was my first trip out of the States. I have been in Japan for about 7 months and still have another 3 to 4 months left. I am in Tokyo but I have visited Kyoto, Kobe, and Osaka. I enjoy living here and wish it wasn't so expensive to live here!!!>.<

What did you do while in Osaka? I didn't stay long just a few hours while I went to Kyoto.
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: What are Your Hobbies?   Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:30 pm

@aerysa Wow, those are some beautiful pieces aerysa! they look fantastic.

@Arian_Mikki who needs a net? When I was a kid, we'd just use the front gate for the net. Kinda dangerous for the one on the road and really frustrating when the shuttlecock ends up on the neighbor's roof but fun times nonetheless. If you're not planning to follow the rules, any piece of flat land should be enough Wink
And enjoy yourself in Japan. I hope to go there again one day.
Back to top Go down
swedesamurai
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Hobbies   Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:31 am

Being a older guy my hobbies are different from most what has been posted in this forum.

I can divide my hobbies into two classes those that I did before my four heart attacks and those that I do now.  Trust me with my 30% functioning heart I'm still trying to retake all of my old hobbies-some I have-some will have to wait.

Before:

Camping-Hiking-Canoeing-Hunting:(Yes, hunting)  I love the outdoors, I love heavily forested areas of the earth.  I can think of nothing more relaxing than eing in the woods by a river, stream, or lake.  I sort of commune with God and his universe and recharge my body and soul.  I hunt with a bow, I only hunt what I will eat, and I do eat what I hunt.  My hunting liscenses help pay for proper wildlife management in Wisconsin, Minnesota, and the Upper Pennisula of Michigan.  I now live in Germany and do not hunt here because hunting here is not of the stalking-trailing type that I like; Its's more of the wait and ambush the game.  I used to canoe and camp all the time from spring to fall and when I was a Boy Scout also in the winter.  (And the winters in Douglas County Wisconsin are COLD!!!) but I loved it.  I've hiked the Applachian Trail-All of it from Georgia to Maine; Floated down the Ohio and Missouri Rivers(Always wanted to do the Mississippi, but time constraints along with the reality of making a libing exist-So you can see I was a bit of a outdoorsy fool.  Had I not met the love of my Life I would probably have bulit me a Cabin in Northern Minnesota or Wisconsin and lived alone in woods......But see what happens to you when you meet a woman-They educate you-make you use costers, and napkins instead of your hand, and such other things...

Rock/Mountain Climbing:  As a corallary to being outdoors I enjoyed this.  First I am deadly afaird of heights.  I get nervous when I look down bridges or out of buildings-Recently during a business meeting that was conducted one of the skyscraüers in Singapore I looked at the habor-everything was cool and then I looked straight down and had had like a axiety attack-never had one so bad before, it just came up and surprised me -but the point is I took up mountain climbing to overcome my fear of heights, and it works pretty much to keep it under control.  I got into doing it when in 1979 as US Army Soldier stationed in Germany, when I was on leave in Garmisch I saw a cross on a mountain and decided to go up a see it for myself, I spent a whole day free climbing it by myself.  Shaking and sweating from my fear of heights I made to the top.  I was real proud of myself but when I looked down the other side their was a resturant and and Gondola that was about 200 meters off the top.  But that was a start I've climbed peaks all ove Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, Italy, and Spain-I still shake and sweat but I can control it and very self satisfying.

Skydiving:  To further get over my fear of heights I learned to skydive.  None of this Tandem stuff either.  Lets just put it this way I did it I lived through it and if my heart could stand it maybe I'd do it again.

Cars:  When I was a teen-ager in the U.S. at the time living in Rural Georgia, Guess what it was like to be the only Japanese person those people ever saw; really weird...but I'm wandering-I fell in love with cars and it has stuck with me ever since.  I do not like all of these new prissy Barbie and Ken cars now being produced...Yeah I'm a caveman I like the old muscle cars-You know SS Chevys-Roadrunners-GTOs-but of course my dream car a 1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Shelby-(Oh Santa please I'll be real Good!) I learned by the time I was 16 how to do just about everything on a car, this fascination has stayed with me my whole life.  I I can do it on my car I will.  (Do I really hate all the computer interfaces on the new cars)  Yeah, I'm a real live gasoline breathing carbon emitting dinosaur-but listen to that 429 4 barrell purr........

Cabinet Making/Carpentry:  I love working with wood. My Swedish Grandfather in Nothern Wisconsin built every house he lived in (8 of them).  As a teen I helped him build a house one Summer from the Cellar up.  We did it all just the two of us he showed me how One man can bulid a house in a summer (US Wood Frame).  I learned a lot from him-A lot.  I also lerned how do do Carpentry and Joinery from him and this had lead me to my number one winter hobby-furniture making period type funiture like Chippendale, Hepplewhite, and Shaker or other Colonial funiture (I love working on a Lathe)-This is a Hobby that both my father and I inherited from my Grandfather.

Swimming:  I swim like a fish-when I was younger like a Barracuda, today like a jellyfish-but I swim.  I swim about 20 km in the week to keep my old ticker Going.  Before I swam erracticly-you know every now and then but now 3 times a week lap after lap-One lap crawl one lap breast-one lap backstroke-one lap crawl-Up and down the pool-You really can think when you just let your body take over.  I do a lot of self introspection in the pool.  Good for taming an overinflated ego!

After:

Animie/Manga:  Just over three years ago I discovered animie it was "Ai Yori Aoshi", I liked it but it and the "Enishi.." variant left the series with an unsatifactory conclusion.  I discovered it stemed from a Manga, I hold of of the Manga and rad it it was so different from the Animie just fell in love with it and really liked the happy ending.  I'm a sucker for happy endings-which is why I do not like most new movies, they have conditional happy endings. (Not my Style)  I believe that every Guy and Gal on this Planet deserves to have a Happy Ending.

SMS Manhwas:  While I was in my period of discovering the world of Mangas when I came across one of SMS Manhwas on MangaFox I liked the Harlequin approach to romances that the Manhwas protrayed.  I followed up my searching until I found this Site-It had just become active from the Old one. Here I found reading heaven-till I read all of their projects.  I hugered for more....

Harlequins:  My recreational reading has always been hard science, history, science-fiction, how to books.  But SMS and my exposure to the Harlequin Manhwas and Mangas presented here lead me to start reading Harlequins.  To date I've read about 500 of them several are repeat favorites for me.  No matter how bad the guys are, how problematic the woman is, how desperate the situation is, and no matter how full of smutt thestories have; they always end up with happy endings.  

I blabber too much.

No matter what the creative use of one's free time is the best hobby one has.  We all seek ways to enjoy life and to be creative each of you who have responded to this thread show unique creative abilities that demonstrate your constructive use of your free time.  I've read some of Aerysa's stories and seen the Hair styles both are indicative of a keen mind and creative sprit.
Those fingernails Wow! I'm so old school in my tastes-red vampy nails are so hot in my book but they show a lot of creativity-Judging by the people who appear in these forums you all are a very creative lot.  Thanks for sharing.

I'm still blabbering......

Last edited by swedesamurai on Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: What are Your Hobbies?   Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:47 am

I have to say that you really are an outdoorsy type Swede. It's amazing how you faced your fears head on like that. I'm afraid of heights too and I do try to get over it, so i know it's not easy. I think my main fear is falling, since I don't really get vertigo standing on a high building if I know I'm safe. But still, skydiving... wow. I'd love to try that one day too.

And there is nothing wrong with blabbering. We all appreciate the insight that we get from you. It's most definitely different but we can see and learn about things we didn't know about. (part of the reason I love listening to my dad's childhood stories)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are Your Hobbies?   Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:31 pm

[quote="silvery"]For some reason, I can't see any of the pics... Sad (too bad for me)

quote]

I had to wait a bit and then the pictures showed up. Give it a few minutes.
Back to top Go down
jollychick
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: What are Your Hobbies?   Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:52 pm

swedesamurai wrote:
Being a older guy my hobbies are different from most what has been posted in this forum.

I can divide my hobbies into two classes those that I did before my four heart attacks and those that I do now. Trust me with my 30% functioning heart I'm still trying to retake all of my old hobbies-some I have-some will have to wait.
You are definitely one outdoorsy dude Very Happy!! So many of your hobbies before were active. I'm sure it'll take time, but you'll get there. You've done some things that could...would only dream about. I confess: I'm a big chicken Crying or Very sad. The most outdoor activity I do is exercise Laughing. And even that is safely on the hilly streets of my neighborhood.
swedesamurai wrote:
No matter what the creative use of one's free time is the best hobby one has. We all seek ways to enjoy life and to be creative each of you who have responded to this thread show unique creative abilities that demonstrate your constructive use of your free time. I've read some of Aerysa's stories and seen the Hair styles both are indicative of a keen mind and creative sprit.
Those fingernails Wow! I'm so old school in my tastes-red vampy nails are so hot in my book but they show a lot of creativity-Judging by the people who appear in these forums you all are a very creative lot. Thanks for sharing.

I'm still blabbering......
Oh, stop!! Your post was great. It's always fun to read about what others in this forum do in their off time.
Her hair is amazing! I'm still shocked that those styles were easy to her Shocked. Lately I've been slapping mine in ponytail, with all the rain that's been pouring where I live. I'm glad you thought my nails were creative. It's rare to get a guy's opinion on them...
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: What are Your Hobbies?   Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:49 am

@Arian_Mikki -
I was in Japan for a total of 6 weeks with a friend. It was my college graduation present to myself, because you definitely wouldn't get that kind of time off after starting work! For the first month, we stayed in Osaka where we attended a language school and got to meet all sorts of people in the guesthouse where we stayed. A couple people were fellow students (one from England and the other from Saudi Arabia!), but the rest were either working or studying. It was a diverse group - some locals and others from various places in Europe.

For the last 2 weeks, we were able to get a JR Rail Pass because of where we're from (only for tourists), so we hit different cities - Tokyo, Kyoto, Fukuoka. Then it was time to come back home XD

It was really fun because of all the people we met and it was my first time traveling by myself (as in without family).

@silvery -
Thanks~ It really helps to get at least a basic lesson because it helps you to have some foundation. Then you can play around with what you already know and try different things.

@swedesamurai -
My GOSH! Shocked That's a super active lifestyle! Most of the things you did, I think would be cool... Except I'm with jollychick. I'm a big scaredy-cat! I'm even scared of downhill skiing Embarassed

But wow, you read my stories!? I didn't even know! hehe, I'm glad you think I'm creative because I feel that way about myself too. I think everyone is creative, but we all have our own avenues which we pursue.

And I'm all for blabbering! Cool It's awesome to hear a guy's perspective on things when we're mostly females here. So definitely, don't be shy about sharing your thoughts and insights!

@jollychick -
hehe~ My hair is one of those things I pride myself on. Not in a snobby kind of way, but because it's one thing that garners positive attention/compliments. And yes, it IS easy! To me that is... XD Helps when you have uhm, 15-ish years experience of playing with your own hair. Doing my own hair is like you doing your own nails ^__~

And... Just to share something else~
Last weekend, I had a girls' night out with my friends where we dressed up and went out for a fancy dinner. I tried to re-create the "Hatsumomo hair". Unfortunately (maybe?) my hair is MUCH longer than it was back then. So didn't turn out the same. But it still looks good Razz

Spoiler:

I'll stop being a show-off now Razz

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: What are Your Hobbies?   Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:05 am

aerysa wrote:
hehe~ My hair is one of those things I pride myself on. Not in a snobby kind of way, but because it's one thing that garners positive attention/compliments. And yes, it IS easy! To me that is... XD Helps when you have uhm, 15-ish years experience of playing with your own hair. Doing my own hair is like you doing your own nails ^__~
I completely understand that kind of pride in workmanship. It's always fun to do something you like, but getting compliments for just amps up the awesomeness Very Happy. I'd say what's hardest for me is that I'm more accustomed to long hair. I was able to be more creative, I think, because I had more to work with and my hair had been long for years. After I had to cut it, it's been a nightmare trying to figure out what to do with it. It's not bad when I'm working out since a ponytail and headband will do, but I have trouble doing anything remotely fancy Crying or Very sad.

On the flip side, I just started doing my nails in late 2010. It's so fun to try new color combinations that I don't mind spending, like, 30-45 minutes doing them. If I get distracted watching something on my computer or or reading mange, it can take about 60-90 minutes Wink. Since I don't use false nails, a total lack of knowledge on my part, the designs last a week for me, which means I have to do them once a week to keep them looking decent and prevent them from breaking. I usually clip them when I can't make a fist.
aerysa wrote:
And... Just to share something else~
Last weekend, I had a girls' night out with my friends where we dressed up and went out for a fancy dinner. I tried to re-create the "Hatsumomo hair". Unfortunately (maybe?) my hair is MUCH longer than it was back then. So didn't turn out the same. But it still looks good Razz
That looks so cute! If only my didn't turn out the sames were as nice Neutral.
aerysa wrote:
I'll stop being a show-off now Razz
Don't stop on my account Wink! But, seriously, it gave me so new ideas so I appreciate the pics.
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: What are Your Hobbies?   Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:32 pm

Yeah, don't stop. The designs are great Very Happy (it's funny how I can see all the pics now but still can't see the earlier ones but oh well)

It's not considered showing off because we asked to see. After all this is a good place to share ideas and exchange opinions. Who knows? You might be inspiring someone to take up the hobby too. Not me though, my hair has never gone past the shoulder before... ^_^; But I still love your style!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are Your Hobbies?   Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:36 pm

Hello ^____^,well, other than reading manga, which is my number one hobby, I like to watch jdramas, kdramas and cdramas. Also, I enjoy very much watching US TV series and reading some books. Other of my hobbies is to sleep and collect pj. o^_____^o
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are Your Hobbies?   Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:22 pm

agua wrote:
Hello ^____^,well, other than reading manga, which is my number one hobby, I like to watch jdramas, kdramas and cdramas. Also, I enjoy very much watching US TV series and reading some books. Other of my hobbies is to sleep and collect pj. o^_____^o

Depending on the K-drama that hobby can be a full time occupation. I once spent a weekend watching "Faith".
Back to top Go down
uxiam
Cool User
Cool User

PostSubject: Re: What are Your Hobbies?   Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:12 am

Mine are simple I like to read comics manga and books, mos of my freetime I read.
I also like to go shopping a lot clothes and accesories are y favourite.
Sometimes i also watch a movie or an anime that i like
Back to top Go down
jollychick
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: What are Your Hobbies?   Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:10 am

Algenon wrote:
agua wrote:

Depending on the K-drama that hobby can be a full time occupation. I once spent a weekend watching "Faith".
So very true! It can be so easy to sink 6 or 7 hours in Jdramas or Kdramas. So many good series are out there. It was a serious occupation for me when I was injured once and couldn't do much physically. I was shoched by how much was out there Shocked.
Back to top Go down
moon-2012
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: My Hobbies    Sat May 04, 2013 7:57 am

I have some hobbies and they are sketching, reading, knitting and crochet, video games and photography.
Ever since i finished high school and entered university i had a lot of free time at home i use my free time in sketching and reading, I'm a classic lover so most of my books are classic novels but i also like reading manga when I'm using my computer and sketch when i don't use it. Very Happy
Since i like to keep my self occupied and some times i get bored from reading i started knitting and crochet in my second year of university. I have always wanted to learn and one of my relatives taught me. When i get bored from all of these hobbies I play video games Razz
As for out doors i like taking pictures so every time i feel like it i would go out and take my camera with me specially when the weather is good Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: What are Your Hobbies?   Mon May 06, 2013 12:42 pm

That's a lot of hobbies Very Happy at least you know how to keep yourself occupied. I have just as many hobbies... like you, it's also to stave off the boredom. I have yet to find a hobby that will keep me occupied for more than a week in a row though... Wink
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: What are Your Hobbies?   Tue May 07, 2013 9:15 am

If you have a list of hobbies, you can just rotate through them and do whatever - depending on your mood!

Lately I haven't been into my writing a whole lot, which is what usually takes up most of my free time, and the newest/latest thing is piano. haha~ I found some sheet music for the one series I fell in love with this past season, and suddenly got into the whole Vocaloid thing - kind of. Just certain utaites, and managed to find sheet music for songs they sing.

I don't feel like I practice a lot since I just pluck through the songs once or so, but before I know it, at least an hour has gone by Shocked Wasn't even close to that dedicated when I was taking lessons XD

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: What are Your Hobbies?   Wed May 08, 2013 11:53 am

Laughing That's so cool. I'm lousy with music because my timing is always off. It's a gift curse I've had since forever. Even when I go for karaoke with my friends, I'm at least one beat off. Such a pity since I like music...
I went crazy knitting last week; was planning to make a hat for my brother. Then I went home and he loaded my DS with new games... not my fault if he won't be wearing that hat anytime soon... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: What are Your Hobbies?   Thu May 09, 2013 10:47 am

Really? Even if you know the song really well, you can't sing to it? I know they usually have those count downs that help you enter at the right time.

But yeah, I only play music for fun now. Haven't had lessons in over a decade -- thank goodness for that! XD I got far enough with it though that I can play almost anything.

Lol, maybe he doesn't want your knitted hat? Just kidding~ Knitting was one of those things I wanted to learn... Except it never worked out. I tried to knit a scarf, cuz that's easy, except I must have done something wrong because the thing would always roll up into a tube... =__=;; No clue what I was doing wrong.

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: What are Your Hobbies?   Thu May 09, 2013 2:40 pm

Well, they help, when it's there. But if I sing in the car though, I'm definitely off. That's so cool that you can play just about anything. Being able to play music is great.

lol, don't worry about that. Knitting usually curls if you don't block it. Once you're done, just block or press it as per instructions and your knitting will be ok. ^_^ Also, it may be because of the tension of your knitting (too tight or loose) or the needles you're using. Just keep practicing. After all, I'm still learning too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
misachan22

PostSubject: Re: What are Your Hobbies?   Fri May 10, 2013 11:31 am

I like to draw
baking desserts is what i love to do
to make some crafts like crochet, i know how to crochet a little
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are Your Hobbies?   Fri May 10, 2013 5:34 pm

I like to go bowling and read fiction genres such as urban fantasy, romance, and paranormal, basically the vampires, werewolves, fae, etc. I also enjoy watching kdramas, Criminal Minds, The Big Bang Theory, and The Voice. One hobby I used to enjoy and would like pick up again is tennis. Oh yeah, occasionally I succumb to the latest FB game craze, i.e. Candy Crush. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are Your Hobbies?   

Back to top Go down

What are Your Hobbies?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next