Share | 

What are Your Hobbies?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
aerysa

PostSubject: What are Your Hobbies?   Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

Obviously most of us are interested in manga and romance and harlequins, since that IS what this group does, but what other things interest you?

We've been discussing this in another thread, so I thought we should have a proper thread for it... Just so we don't stray off topic completely Laughing

Anyways, the discussion so far has been about styling hair (my hobby) and doing your nails (jollychick's hobby) and modelling (silvery's hobby).

For me, I really like doing my hair and I've gotten pretty good at it. Though some of my hairstyles look complicated, it doesn't take me long at all - usually within 10 minutes ^^ And I love watching how-to tutorials for it on YouTube. There's some people out there who are REALLY good at it!

Besides the obvious of reading manga/watching anime, I also like writing and crafty things, like making jewelry, though that one is not as often.

How about everyone else? I'm sure there's other things that interest us besides just manga/anime ^^

If it's something you can document with pictures, and you're not shy about it, feel free to share those as well~

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: What are Your Hobbies?   Sun May 12, 2013 5:58 am

Hmm...hobbies...

I guess I enjoy reading classic novels, like Jane Eyre, and anything from Jane Austen
I like going on walks and going cycling
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are Your Hobbies?   Wed May 15, 2013 7:07 pm

Postcards

I love collecting them especially the different themes available. I have a huge collection
Reading is the another hobby i like.
Back to top Go down
blanblah
Cool User
Cool User

PostSubject: Re: What are Your Hobbies?   Thu May 16, 2013 4:15 am

Reading and books are my main hobbies. I love books and pretty much collect any kind of books. I just love them.

Music is another hobby of mine. I love to sing, though I'm not too sure I'm that great at it lol.

I suddenly feel like I have a very boring life. Need to get more hobbies! Smile
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: What are Your Hobbies?   Thu May 16, 2013 12:09 pm

zanyduke wrote:
Postcards

I love collecting them especially the different themes available. I have a huge collection
Reading is the another hobby i like.

That's a cool idea, I've never really thought about collecting them... and they're much easier to store compared to keychains! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jumpin

PostSubject: Re: What are Your Hobbies?   Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:28 am

I love manga and anime, and I am a avid reader. From but mostle romance and mystery. So I am mostly scoring for bargins for ebooks, or watching anime or reading mangas when i can.
Back to top Go down
ekita
Cool User
Cool User

PostSubject: Re: What are Your Hobbies?   Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:12 pm

mmmm... hobbies.... i guess it's to read manga, book... to listen music, always i'm listening music when i'm going to the shopping, or to play games or do sports....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are Your Hobbies?   Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:20 am

I like sketching things that interests me and playing my violin. But my favorite hobby would have to be reading novels.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are Your Hobbies?   Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:23 am

I must admit... I had a huge slump battling with my self-confidence and thus neglected all my hobbies but for manga/book reading. BUT when I feel well I love to play the piano, go outside to run and write stories, from fanfiction to original. Oh and sometimes I like to experiment with the RPG Maker.
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: What are Your Hobbies?   Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:44 pm

kujika wrote:
I must admit... I had a huge slump battling with my self-confidence and thus neglected all my hobbies but for manga/book reading. BUT when I feel well I love to play the piano, go outside to run and write stories, from fanfiction to original. Oh and sometimes I like to experiment with the RPG Maker.
Hm... Why would your self-confidence affect your hobbies? Just curious.

Anyways, I like doing the things you do too, but I go through cycles with them. Piano takes a lot of practice to get good at it and I just don't feel that drive to practice as often as I should. And writing is about motivation - tonnes of story ideas, but little motivation to work on it. Even so, it's still my favourite hobby.

But what's RPG Maker? I've never heard of it.

PostSubject: Re: What are Your Hobbies?   Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:26 am

Quote :
Hm... Why would your self-confidence affect your hobbies? Just curious.

It can if it starts bordering on depression.

Quote :
But what's RPG Maker? I've never heard of it.

It's a free program to make games with, mainly RPGs. To use all of the features though you got to pay once to activate it. I <3 to animate my stories with it. Experts can also create other genres, like puzzle games or even shooter games. They use their own scripts for everything, their own pictures and music etc. One of the most famous puzzle games done with the RPG Maker is called IB. RPG Maker's motto is "Simple Enough for a Child; Powerful Enough for a Developer", and that's totally true xD

Well...  a good writer needs some practice too :DBut I agree, motivation is a huge factor. I usually play easy pieces on the piano.
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: What are Your Hobbies?   Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:39 am

Wow, that's the first time I've heard of an RPG maker. But it sounds really cool. To make a story we've had in our heads turn into a game... I think most of us go through cycles when we have a lot of hobbies. Reading is my absolute favourite. I can usually go through a book a week. But there are times when i can't even get the drive to pick the book up. During those times, the other hobbies come in handy Wink
Back to top Go down
amayahime

PostSubject: My favorite hobbies... hmmm...   Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:21 am

Personally I like to read and play video games. I also love to go out and party. Recently I've tried snowboarding and liked it but have to wait to keep that up.cat 
Back to top Go down
shngml

PostSubject: Re: What are Your Hobbies?   Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:18 pm

Hmm... well, I like to sing, read, write, and play an instrument. Then manga and anime when I have time too. Learning a new language is also a plus.
Back to top Go down
dream~
Cool User
Cool User

PostSubject: Re: What are Your Hobbies?   Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:03 am

For its, anime, video games, books, mangas, movies, Asian Dramas Razz
and if i get bored its maybe playing the piano and riding the bicycle Smile
Back to top Go down
moon-2012
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: What are Your Hobbies?   Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:06 am

If you ask about my hobbies, I have a few other than reading manga,

First Sketching and painting, and I'd like to improve my skills.Very Happy Very Happy 

Second knitting and crochet, for now i can make scarfs, vests and covers .I love you 

Third photography, I love taking pictures of nature and lovely views of forests, Mountains and Rivers.

Forth, I like reading, specially Classic Novels.Very Happy Very Happy 

Finally I like playing video games( mostly RPG) tongue 

Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: What are Your Hobbies?   Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:53 am

moon-2012 wrote:
If you ask about my hobbies, I have a few other than reading manga,

First Sketching and painting, and I'd like to improve my skills.Very Happy Very Happy 

Second knitting and crochet, for now i can make scarfs, vests and covers .I love you 

Third photography, I love taking pictures of nature and lovely views of forests, Mountains and Rivers.

Forth, I like reading, specially Classic Novels.Very Happy Very Happy   

Finally I like playing video games( mostly RPG) tongue   

Aside from the photography one, your hobbies and mine are quite similar. which console do you prefer?
Back to top Go down
nippergryph2

PostSubject: Re: What are Your Hobbies?   Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:55 pm

My hobbies are reading, watching dramas, baking, board games, and card games.
Back to top Go down
puniet

PostSubject: Re: What are Your Hobbies?   Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:31 pm

I knit and crochet a lot (I do socks, gloves, hats, and bags mostly), plus jewelry making and a little gardening. I play video games; mostly PS2. I read a lot of mysteries and some sci-fi and fantasy.
Back to top Go down
rubenz
Not So New
Not So New

PostSubject: Re: What are Your Hobbies?   Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:37 pm

Well beside reading manga, I love playing games mostly RPG and Otome games, watching K-drama, and do some yoga Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
http://goukanatokoro.wordpress.com/
jollychick
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: What are Your Hobbies?   Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:17 pm

rubenz wrote:
Well beside reading manga, I love playing games mostly RPG and Otome games, watching K-drama, and do some yoga Embarassed 
Ahhh, otome! My guilty pleasure! Well, not so much "guilty" as scarcely available in English. Though, to be fair, AKSYS Games has recently released Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi in English on 3DS for $29.99. They also released Sweet Fuse: At You Side on PSP for the same price back in August. I'm still playing Sweet Fuse. Really interesting take on otome, since it has a puzzle type of element to it. What are your favorite titles?
Back to top Go down
girlflower

PostSubject: Re: What are Your Hobbies?   Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:13 am

My hobbies are reading manga/books, sleeping, surfing online & watch TV
Back to top Go down
yami12

PostSubject: Re: What are Your Hobbies?   Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:54 am

Hmm... aside from manga and anime, some of my hobbies are reading novels, gaming, travelling, food-tripping, cafe-hopping, and occasional writing.

I got into swimming once upon a time but don't really have the time to continue to pursue it so that's that. XD
Back to top Go down
thtaznshorty
Cool User
Cool User

PostSubject: Re: What are Your Hobbies?   Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:05 am

My hobbies is collecting manga and I own alot which I am proud of. I'm also a gamer. I play different type of games that catch my interest. Right now the game I am currently playing is League of Legends. I also like playing Pokemon and I can't wait till the new one is out.Very Happy I would occasionally do papercraft from templates I find online. It's awesome when the creation comes out great Smile
Back to top Go down
minun07

PostSubject: Re: What are Your Hobbies?   Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:49 pm

Leaving forum, removing posts

Last edited by minun07 on Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tsuki1star

PostSubject: Re: What are Your Hobbies?   Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:36 am

Wow, I like this question. Um, I generally hang out with my friends, but whenever I don't, I read. I honestly ready anything, from manga to fan fiction and books. I also like to go biking, and when I do, I bring my camera to take pictures of the scenery. It sorta calms me down, so I like doing it if I have time. Lastly, if I want to occupy my hands, I would crochet or knit beanies and/or scarves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are Your Hobbies?   

Back to top Go down

What are Your Hobbies?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next