BlogHomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Hi girls~ 안녕하세요~

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Hi girls~ 안녕하세요~   Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:21 am

Hi everyone!

I'm currently taking the Korean Translation test~
On the web I'm Bori, currently a Korean translator for Lively Scans and still learning Korean by myself. IRL I'm a French&British univ student majoring in English Literature in France.

I've been subbing dramas on viki.com for years now and I started translating webtoons for LS not long ago. I came here after reading some of your works and I'd like to give a hand as well (^_^)

(It's soooo pink in here... Shocked )

P.s.: My avatar is Bonten from Amatsuki, he's a guy but I'm not. >_>
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Hi girls~ 안녕하세요~   Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:30 pm

Hi there! ^^

That's so cool that you work on Korean translations!! I don't know any Korean, but I'm somewhat self-taught for my Japanese... Which is probably why it's still so terrible... Lol. But I have tried my hand at the random Japanese song translation. Struggling through that... It gave me a whole deeper level of appreciation for the people willing to translate mangas!

I hope you do well with the test~

PostSubject: Re: Hi girls~ 안녕하세요~   Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:00 pm

aerysa wrote:
Hi there! ^^

That's so cool that you work on Korean translations!! I don't know any Korean, but I'm somewhat self-taught for my Japanese... Which is probably why it's still so terrible... Lol. But I have tried my hand at the random Japanese song translation. Struggling through that... It gave me a whole deeper level of appreciation for the people willing to translate mangas!

I hope you do well with the test~

Thanks =)
I apparently did since I was given a chapter to translate! I'm a bit over halfway through it <3
I taught myself Japanese for 4 years as well so if you ever want to get back to it I have tons of websites and tricks for you Wink

Of course, same goes with Korean ^_^
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Hi girls~ 안녕하세요~   Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:30 pm

Bori wrote:
Thanks =)
I apparently did since I was given a chapter to translate! I'm a bit over halfway through it <3
I taught myself Japanese for 4 years as well so if you ever want to get back to it I have tons of websites and tricks for you Wink

Of course, same goes with Korean ^_^
Oh awesome!! Congrats!
When I translate, I usually use my electronic dictionary and our kanji dictionary. And whatever little knowledge has been retained in my head... Lol~ I'm sure if I did it more regularly I would get better at it, but it's such a once in the blue moon activity... By the time I get around to do it, it's been months.

PostSubject: Re: Hi girls~ 안녕하세요~   

Back to top Go down

Hi girls~ 안녕하세요~
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1