Anyone own a 3ds?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jollychick
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Anyone own a 3ds?   Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:39 pm

I got my 3DS a few weeks ago and I've been hunting for friends ever since. Anyone want to exchange friend codes (I use Swapnotes every week)? I'm also on Animal Crossing Wild World on DS so I could trade codes to visit towns as well Smile. Reply if you add me, so I can add you a well!

3DS
Friend Code: 1993-7450-2995
Name: JollyChick (of course Wink)

Animal Crossing Wild World (DS)
Friend Code: 5415-8556-4584
Name: Rein
Town: Zooville
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own a 3ds?   Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:35 pm

Oh fun~ I don't own one, but my sister does. But she plays all these RPG type games Razz

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own a 3ds?   Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:05 pm

aerysa wrote:
Oh fun~ I don't own one, but my sister does. But she plays all these RPG type games Razz
It's really fun, but it's better when others come and visit. There's a new Animal Crossing coming to the 3DS in June, but since it's so far away I'll continue playing this older version. I really want female friends on my 3DS. I've got tons of guys, but they don't play many of the games I have. That's why I was hoping to finds some other girl gamers. If only I could find someone else who plays Style Savvy! But I don't know any guys who have it Sad.
Back to top Go down
Jibril
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own a 3ds?   Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:14 pm

lol i have a 3ds and even the old animal crossing, but i havent played it for a long time.
if i got time to play the ds i play harvest moon Wink
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own a 3ds?   Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:22 pm

Jibril wrote:
lol i have a 3ds and even the old animal crossing, but i havent played it for a long time.
if i got time to play the ds i play harvest moon Wink

Same here Very Happy I'm more of a Harvest Moon fan anyway. Oh, and Rune Factory. (I really should get on and propose... Wink ) I was recently playing Lego's Harry Potter series though. For such a simple game, it was addicting...
Back to top Go down
morninglight
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own a 3ds?   Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:28 pm

I don't own one, but I do know people who has one. I want to play one, but not right now because I don't really have the money for it. I want to wait and see if they price going to drop or not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own a 3ds?   Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:11 pm

I doooooo!~
Hehe, Though,
I don't use it much ;\
I only use it for my pokemon xD
Dearly,
Mii-Pyon
Back to top Go down
jollychick
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own a 3ds?   Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:56 pm

Mii-Pyon wrote:
I doooooo!~
Hehe, Though,
I don't use it much ;\
I only use it for my pokemon xD
Dearly,
Mii-Pyon
Ahhh~, yes, Pokemon. I own Black 2 and White 2. Honestly, I was a fan of the original 250, after that, my interest kinda waned Laughing.
morninglight wrote:
I don't own one, but I do know people who has one. I want to play one, but not right now because I don't really have the money for it. I want to wait and see if they price going to drop or not.
If you live in America, you can trade in old games at Gamestop. They have a great deal going on: An extra $10 for every three games traded in for store credit. I just went today and traded old DS and Wii games and came away with $122 store credit Cool. The deal ends March 24. If you can get to one of the stores, it might be worth considering Wink.
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own a 3ds?   Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:17 am

jollychick wrote:
Ahhh~, yes, Pokemon. I own Black 2 and White 2. Honestly, I was a fan of the original 250, after that, my interest kinda waned Laughing.
AHAHA! Sooo true! I was super into it when it was still Pokemon Red/Blue to go with my Pocket Game Boy. And then they kept adding more and more... Though I will say I played Pokemon Black. Or was it White? =__=;; One of those two. And never finished... Because I eventually get sick and tired of leveling up my little guys to what you really need them to be before facing those final members. Ack!
It always takes forEVER to level them up, running around in the grass repeatedly. Unless there's some uh, secret way to level them up that I don't know about. Laughing

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own a 3ds?   Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:49 pm

aerysa wrote:
AHAHA! Sooo true! I was super into it when it was still Pokemon Red/Blue to go with my Pocket Game Boy. And then they kept adding more and more... Though I will say I played Pokemon Black. Or was it White? =__=;; One of those two. And never finished... Because I eventually get sick and tired of leveling up my little guys to what you really need them to be before facing those final members. Ack!
It always takes forEVER to level them up, running around in the grass repeatedly. Unless there's some uh, secret way to level them up that I don't know about. Laughing
OMG!!! I got Pokemon Red and a red Pocket Game Boy for one of my most memorable birthdays ever Very Happy! All the boys in my class, and one other girl, had Pokemon. It was like we were obsessed. I even knew people who played the card game. My how time flies Sad...
At one point, I would spend hours traipsing through the grass trying to level up my team. It was a bit boring after the novelty wore off. I've finished Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold and Silver. I've played the first Black and White and I own the second Black and White. I sure could have used that secret way a few years back Smile.
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own a 3ds?   Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:09 pm

jollychick wrote:
aerysa wrote:
OMG!!! I got Pokemon Red and a red Pocket Game Boy for one of my most memorable birthdays ever Very Happy! All the boys in my class, and one other girl, had Pokemon. It was like we were obsessed. I even knew people who played the card game. My how time flies Sad...
At one point, I would spend hours traipsing through the grass trying to level up my team. It was a bit boring after the novelty wore off. I've finished Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold and Silver. I've played the first Black and White and I own the second Black and White. I sure could have used that secret way a few years back Smile.

Wow, this brings back memories... I played Red, Yellow and Ruby on an emulator and watched my brother play Blue, Silver (or was it Gold?) and Sapphire on the same. Then when I bought my DS, the first thing I bought was Diamond and recently, the re-released version of Silver, while my brother has Pearl and Gold. I have yet to start on the latest generations but yeah, leveling them up was very very tedious. But my luck with the game was surprisingly good. I managed to catch feebas in Diamond after a few tries (less than ten, very lucky considering the odds of finding one were very low) and I managed to get the pokerus on both my DS games (again, very low odds) My brother was very very ready to kill me over those... Laughing
Back to top Go down
jollychick
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own a 3ds?   Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:19 am

silvery wrote:
Wow, this brings back memories... I played Red, Yellow and Ruby on an emulator and watched my brother play Blue, Silver (or was it Gold?) and Sapphire on the same. Then when I bought my DS, the first thing I bought was Diamond and recently, the re-released version of Silver, while my brother has Pearl and Gold. I have yet to start on the latest generations but yeah, leveling them up was very very tedious. But my luck with the game was surprisingly good. I managed to catch feebas in Diamond after a few tries (less than ten, very lucky considering the odds of finding one were very low) and I managed to get the pokerus on both my DS games (again, very low odds) My brother was very very ready to kill me over those... Laughing
I can understand the rarity of feebus! I mean, I was on the hunt for mewtwo for so long I wanted to punch it, not capture it, when I finally found one! I wonder if the online features of the new Pokemon games allow people to share items? I've never been online with it but it would seem pretty useful. Even though I own'em I haven't really played'em.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own a 3ds?   Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:55 pm

I do but I'm a harvest moon and rpg girl too
Back to top Go down
jollychick
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own a 3ds?   Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:41 pm

mokona wrote:
I do but I'm a harvest moon and rpg girl too
Not a surprise. I find more girls play Harvest Moon than guys (with my four older brothers, that was certainly the case). I still play Friends of Mineral Town myself, Laughing. Harvest Moon was one of my first RPG-esque games. I have three different ones but I love real-time games so I was hooked when I play Animal Crossing on Gamecube. I do want A New Beginning on 3DS, though. The new features like being able to move your out-buildings and fields around seem too good to be true. I'd been holding off since the new Animal Crossing on 3DS comes out in June and both games take long hours, but I'll probably break down and get it since I usually have no willpower when it come to these things Embarassed!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own a 3ds?   Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:45 am

I know exactly what you mean. I got a new beginning for my xl but haven't had much time to play. Oddly enough my youngest brother of the three loves harvestmoon and I have even seen him play the cute/girls version a time or too. I haven't played my animal crossing in a while just because I didn't have any friends playing it with their own copy everyone was borrowing mine but maybe when the new one comes out I'll see about getting it to play too.
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own a 3ds?   Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:23 am

Embarassed That reminds me of my own game... I haven't touched it in a while... I love harvest moon but I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist so I waste a lot of time talking to people and finding out what they like and all that... I also like Rune Factory because of the extra few elements that you find in the game such as defeating monsters and forging your own stuff. I haven't gotten round to buying a 3ds because my ds is still working fine. So forgive me if I keep mentioning ds games... ^^;
Back to top Go down
jollychick
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own a 3ds?   Wed May 01, 2013 7:59 pm

mokona wrote:
I know exactly what you mean. I got a new beginning for my xl but haven't had much time to play. Oddly enough my youngest brother of the three loves harvestmoon and I have even seen him play the cute/girls version a time or too. I haven't played my animal crossing in a while just because I didn't have any friends playing it with their own copy everyone was borrowing mine but maybe when the new one comes out I'll see about getting it to play too.
I already pre-ordered the new Animal Crossing and I know a few people who plan to buy it so hopefully having others to play with should be a problem. Let me know if you decide to get it. Smile

I used to sit in my brother's room back in the day while he played games. I was so sick of hearing the battle music from Final Fantasy VII that I wanted to fight when it came on. And don't get me started on the create-a-wrestler music on Smackdown.

I feel like there are years of my life defined by the game music blaring from his room Laughing. There was the Super Street Fighter 2 era when I would go to sleep trying to muffle out Sakura's theme....Power Stones (one of my favorites, actually) was another one. But they've never touched Harvest Moon.

silvery wrote:
Embarassed That reminds me of my own game... I haven't touched it in a while... I love harvest moon but I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist so I waste a lot of time talking to people and finding out what they like and all that... I also like Rune Factory because of the extra few elements that you find in the game such as defeating monsters and forging your own stuff. I haven't gotten round to buying a 3ds because my ds is still working fine. So forgive me if I keep mentioning ds games... ^^;
No problem here. Being a fan of DS games shaped my decision to buy a 3DS. I've never played Rune Factory but I'm in the process of considering the new one that's about to come out, Rune Factory 4.

I have a DS Lite and DSi XL in addition to my 3DS XL. The only reason I upgrade systems is because the older DS consoles can't play the newer games. It also helps that the new systems are completely backwards-compatible. So I don't have to sacrifice my old favorites (i.e. and anything in the MySims line) to play new games.

I also kept my old systems because they aren't region-locked so I can play Japanese games on them. I swear I'm addicted to Tomodachi Collection Razz.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: I do!~   Thu May 02, 2013 10:57 pm

I do!~
Though I don't use it much and I forgot my friend code.
Oh well!
If I remember it I'll tell you.
(or if I check my 3DS xD)
Dearly,
Mii-Pyon!~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own a 3ds?   Fri May 03, 2013 9:05 am

this reminds me that I even had a regular DS. I don't own a 3DS, but I've seen one or two via friends and I'm really just not that impressed. Wish I could get some of the games on 3DS for DS though.
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own a 3ds?   Mon May 06, 2013 12:47 pm

jollychick wrote:

silvery wrote:
No problem here. Being a fan of DS games shaped my decision to buy a 3DS. I've never played Rune Factory but I'm in the process of considering the new one that's about to come out, Rune Factory 4.

I have a DS Lite and DSi XL in addition to my 3DS XL. The only reason I upgrade systems is because the older DS consoles can't play the newer games. It also helps that the new systems are completely backwards-compatible. So I don't have to sacrifice my old favorites (i.e. and anything in the MySims line) to play new games.

I also kept my old systems because they aren't region-locked so I can play Japanese games on them. I swear I'm addicted to Tomodachi Collection Razz.

I am interested in getting a 3DS, but I'm kind of a loyalist to my old DS... maybe when it really can't work anymore... (but I'd be really sad... it's an old friend) I've never played any of the other Rune Factory series but I liked what I played in the first game. I like being able to plant outside the seasons Wink
Back to top Go down
jollychick
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own a 3ds?   Tue May 07, 2013 12:31 am

Arty-chan wrote:
this reminds me that I even had a regular DS. I don't own a 3DS, but I've seen one or two via friends and I'm really just not that impressed. Wish I could get some of the games on 3DS for DS though.
Hmmm...I'd say that if your a casual gamer or a huge fan of the original DS, the 3DS will seem miraculous. Improved graphics, added social aspects, their renewing of old titles (like Yoshi Story), and more intuitive home screen/menu, new QR code uses, being able to pause a game to take notes or look up a faq online made it worth it for me. The AR capability is fun for certain games as well. Camera still sucks though... Rolling Eyes.

As I've said elsewhere, I own a PSP, Wii and XBOX 360 but I spend a ton more time on my Nintendo handhelds. However, I don't thing a true "game-head" would find everything they'd be looking for in a Nintendo console due to lack of 3rd-party support so, fans of the DS/3DS/Wii/Wii U are mostly 1st-party fans and casuals...but I digress. Razz
Mii-Pyon wrote:
I do!~
Though I don't use it much and I forgot my friend code.
Oh well!
If I remember it I'll tell you.
(or if I check my 3DS xD)
Dearly,
Mii-Pyon!~
Haha! Thanks! Very Happy
silvery wrote:
I am interested in getting a 3DS, but I'm kind of a loyalist to my old DS... maybe when it really can't work anymore... (but I'd be really sad... it's an old friend) I've never played any of the other Rune Factory series but I liked what I played in the first game. I like being able to plant outside the seasons Wink
I know what you mean. That's exactly how I feel about my DS Lite!

Farm simulations are always so much fun! One would thin it'd be boring since it just farming. That's why I was so surprised when I couldn't stop playing Friends of Mineral Town. I just recently saw The newest Rune Factory when I stopped at Gamestop on the way home from Walmart. If nothing else, I love the cover art Laughing.
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own a 3ds?   Wed May 08, 2013 12:54 pm

jollychick wrote:

silvery wrote:
I know what you mean. That's exactly how I feel about my DS Lite!

Farm simulations are always so much fun! One would thin it'd be boring since it just farming. That's why I was so surprised when I couldn't stop playing Friends of Mineral Town. I just recently saw The newest Rune Factory when I stopped at Gamestop on the way home from Walmart. If nothing else, I love the cover art Laughing.

Yes, they are. The seasons just fly by when you're so into the game... Before you know it, seasons have changed and you're grumbling because cutting last season's plants and sowing the seeds are the few things harvest sprites can't do. Then it's back to flirting Wink but yes, the Rune Factory art is beautiful. The only thing was that you couldn't play a female character like in the HM series...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own a 3ds?   Wed May 08, 2013 3:27 pm

I dont have a 3DS, however, I've messed with a friend's. The 3D effect is pretty neat! Not sure if it has alot of games to merit owning one though..
Back to top Go down
jollychick
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own a 3ds?   Tue May 14, 2013 11:08 am

silvery wrote:
Yes, they are. The seasons just fly by when you're so into the game... Before you know it, seasons have changed and you're grumbling because cutting last season's plants and sowing the seeds are the few things harvest sprites can't do. Then it's back to flirting Wink but yes, the Rune Factory art is beautiful. The only thing was that you couldn't play a female character like in the HM series...
That was definitely a down-side. You'd think that since there were so many harvest sprites that the job of harvesting could have been delegated to at least one of them! Even though I play the HM games with the intention of getting at least 3 of the guys before I give it a rest, I always get attached to the first guy I pick and end up playing their story way longer than I was supposed to. But that's why I love owning the HM games. I can always go back a year later and start over to get a new guy Wink. Harvest Moon titles usually have a ton of replay-value.
AceArtemis7 wrote:
I dont have a 3DS, however, I've messed with a friend's. The 3D effect is pretty neat! Not sure if it has alot of games to merit owning one though..
If you enjoy Mario games it's worth it. By the end of this year there should be close to a dozen of them on the 3DS. I just beat Paper Mario on 3DS and the game was amazing. Pokemon fans seem to be pretty happy with the system as well. I'm not much for Pokemon these days, but I kill games like Style Savvy, Cooking Mama and Professor Layton. It really depends on your tastes. As I've already stated, it was a very easy decision for me. I'm working on getting a Japanese Vita right now. I'm pretty much a handheld console nut Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own a 3ds?   Thu May 16, 2013 12:17 pm

jollychick wrote:

If you enjoy Mario games it's worth it. By the end of this year there should be close to a dozen of them on the 3DS. I just beat Paper Mario on 3DS and the game was amazing. Pokemon fans seem to be pretty happy with the system as well. I'm not much for Pokemon these days, but I kill games like Style Savvy, Cooking Mama and Professor Layton. It really depends on your tastes. As I've already stated, it was a very easy decision for me. I'm working on getting a Japanese Vita right now. I'm pretty much a handheld console nut Very Happy.

Professor Layton! One of the reasons that I'm contemplating on getting the 3DS is for the Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright crossover game. It's a game that has two of my favourite gents in them Wink Cooking Mama is also another addictive game, even though I did not like Cooking Mama 2. Right now I want to play some RPG style games like Final Fantasy. Any recommendations?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own a 3ds?   

Back to top Go down

Anyone own a 3ds?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shojo Manhwa Scans :: DISCUSSIONS :: General-
Jump to: