View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jollychick
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Anyone own a 3ds?   Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

I got my 3DS a few weeks ago and I've been hunting for friends ever since. Anyone want to exchange friend codes (I use Swapnotes every week)? I'm also on Animal Crossing Wild World on DS so I could trade codes to visit towns as well Smile. Reply if you add me, so I can add you a well!

3DS
Friend Code: 1993-7450-2995
Name: JollyChick (of course Wink)

Animal Crossing Wild World (DS)
Friend Code: 5415-8556-4584
Name: Rein
Town: Zooville
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
jollychick
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own a 3ds?   Sun May 19, 2013 6:52 am

silvery wrote:
Professor Layton! One of the reasons that I'm contemplating on getting the 3DS is for the Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright crossover game. It's a game that has two of my favourite gents in them Wink Cooking Mama is also another addictive game, even though I did not like Cooking Mama 2. Right now I want to play some RPG style games like Final Fantasy. Any recommendations?
I'm still playing Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask. The story is amazing! That Layton vs. Ace Attorney is gonna be so much fun!

This newest Cooking Mama has introduced new mini games based on cleaning up and such. I haven't played CM 2 in forever! Laughing

My top recommendation for a good 3DS RPG is Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of Titan. I love that game! It was my first 3DS RPG and I'm still playing it. There are the good ol' classics like Harvest Moon and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D. I'm not a big Zelda fan but I've heard nothing but good things about it. If you love the Persona series like me Very Happy , Shin Megami Tensei IV will be out in July. Finally, the new Rune Factory 4 will be out in July (the same day as Shin Megami Tensei, actually).

Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own a 3ds?   Mon May 20, 2013 11:33 am

jollychick wrote:

I'm still playing Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask. The story is amazing! That Layton vs. Ace Attorney is gonna be so much fun!

This newest Cooking Mama has introduced new mini games based on cleaning up and such. I haven't played CM 2 in forever! Laughing

My top recommendation for a good 3DS RPG is Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of Titan. I love that game! It was my first 3DS RPG and I'm still playing it. There are the good ol' classics like Harvest Moon and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D. I'm not a big Zelda fan but I've heard nothing but good things about it. If you love the Persona series like me Very Happy , Shin Megami Tensei IV will be out in July. Finally, the new Rune Factory 4 will be out in July (the same day as Shin Megami Tensei, actually).

Ooooh... so many recommendations... Now to look at my budget... ^^;
But yes, Ocarina of Time is an awesome game. My brother played it on an emulator (while I watched) years ago. At the very least, I will get the Professor Layton games Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jollychick
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own a 3ds?   Mon May 20, 2013 1:05 pm

silvery wrote:
Ooooh... so many recommendations... Now to look at my budget... ^^;
But yes, Ocarina of Time is an awesome game. My brother played it on an emulator (while I watched) years ago. At the very least, I will get the Professor Layton games Very Happy

The most these games will run is $45. If I had to pick one it would be Etrian Odyssey IV. If you have a 3DS you could download the demo. That's what I did. It really drew me in so I couldn't pass it up. Wink

The latest Layton game is really good. The puzzles are somewhat difficult and there are 3 extra games (a toy robot, an acting bunny and a store) going on in the pause menu that are great. You can get this game pretty cheap since it came out last October. I picked mine up for $19 on Ebay but Amazon has it for about $25. The next Layton installment should be in the U.S. next year, Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy. It's supposed to have over 500 puzzles. Ah~ Can't wait. Smile
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own a 3ds?   Tue May 21, 2013 11:29 am

jollychick wrote:

The latest Layton game is really good. The puzzles are somewhat difficult and there are 3 extra games (a toy robot, an acting bunny and a store) going on in the pause menu that are great. You can get this game pretty cheap since it came out last October. I picked mine up for $19 on Ebay but Amazon has it for about $25. The next Layton installment should be in the U.S. next year, Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy. It's supposed to have over 500 puzzles. Ah~ Can't wait. Smile

Rephrase that. At the very least I need a 3DS first orz 500 puzzles... can't wait either Laughing
Back to top Go down
jollychick
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own a 3ds?   Mon May 27, 2013 5:51 am

silvery wrote:
Rephrase that. At the very least I need a 3DS first orz 500 puzzles... can't wait either Laughing
I'm certainly happy with my purchase Very Happy.

There's a Japanese game called Fantasy Life that I've been drooling over. It's a Level 5 game, the Layton makers, and it looks like crazy fun. You get to do all these different jobs in a small village, like being a cook, soldier, blacksmith, mage, fisherman, alchemist, needle worker...there are twelve total.

It's been licensed in Europe and the U.S. but no release has been mentioned. It's a really nice looking RPG that did great in Japan. They're already advertising a sequel over there so I'm hoping we'll get both of them! Razz
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own a 3ds?   Mon May 27, 2013 12:48 pm

jollychick wrote:

I'm certainly happy with my purchase Very Happy.

There's a Japanese game called Fantasy Life that I've been drooling over. It's a Level 5 game, the Layton makers, and it looks like crazy fun. You get to do all these different jobs in a small village, like being a cook, soldier, blacksmith, mage, fisherman, alchemist, needle worker...there are twelve total.

It's been licensed in Europe and the U.S. but no release has been mentioned. It's a really nice looking RPG that did great in Japan. They're already advertising a sequel over there so I'm hoping we'll get both of them! Razz

Really? then I really ought to start saving for the 3DS then Very Happy all the games sound like so much fun
Back to top Go down
jollychick
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own a 3ds?   Tue May 28, 2013 1:19 pm

silvery wrote:
Really? then I really ought to start saving for the 3DS then Very Happy all the games sound like so much fun
I'm currently saving to purchase a Japanese 3ds. I found some great prices for Jap hardware and I'm about halfway to my goal! Some games, like Tomodachi Collection (<< love this game's site), will never make it overseas and the region lock prevents me from just popping it into my current system. I want an original/tiny 3ds. I already have an xl and the larger size makes it too heavy for me to hold one-handed. Say, for games like Professor Layton, where 90% of the game is played on the touch screen. Hmmm...maybe I just have girly wrists or something (being a girl, that's not too far-fetched), but it hurts my wrist after an hour or so.
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own a 3ds?   Fri May 31, 2013 12:00 pm

I'll probably get only one version and be happy with it. My brother's a tech geek and he's been recommending the XL version for battery life reasons, besides the fact that a bigger screen is easier on the eyes. But yes, It's hard when there are games that will not be released in the overseas market. My friend is still upset that they didn't release the "Miles Edgeworth prosecution files" (Gyakuten Kenji in Japanese) 2 for the US market. She's a very big fan of his.
Back to top Go down
jollychick
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own a 3ds?   Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:14 pm

I was just telling my brother how much I preferred Miles to Naruhodo (or is it Phoenix?). I just love that personality. Embarassed
Ace Attorney Investigations was my favorite in the series, aside from the original. I was really hoping that the Layton vs. Ace Attorney game was gonna make it overseas, but I haven't heard anything about it Sad. There was an English trailer for the game, as I recall, so I was pretty confident...
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own a 3ds?   Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:52 am

jollychick wrote:
I was just telling my brother how much I preferred Miles to Naruhodo (or is it Phoenix?). I just love that personality. Embarassed
Ace Attorney Investigations was my favorite in the series, aside from the original. I was really hoping that the Layton vs. Ace Attorney game was gonna make it overseas, but I haven't heard anything about it Sad. There was an English trailer for the game, as I recall, so I was pretty confident...

Haha, I couldn't remember the correct English name Embarassed I'm being laughed at by my brother and other friend because I take so long to play the game (Phoenix is the English name but yes, his Japanese name is Naruhodo Ryuichi) I'm still on the first game Embarassed I hope it makes it overseas too! I'm already having so much trouble finishing the English version... playing the Japanese version would kill me...
Back to top Go down
jollychick
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own a 3ds?   Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:51 pm

silvery wrote:
Haha, I couldn't remember the correct English name Embarassed I'm being laughed at by my brother and other friend because I take so long to play the game (Phoenix is the English name but yes, his Japanese name is Naruhodo Ryuichi) I'm still on the first game Embarassed I hope it makes it overseas too! I'm already having so much trouble finishing the English version... playing the Japanese version would kill me...
I think there was a Japanese play... or drama or... something that I'd been reading about scratch , so I'd gotten used to calling him Naruhodo. Case four in the first game made me want to scream! I would never want to play the Japanese version.

Miles' game is a favorite since the new way to investigate is super fun! Not to mention, we get to make those Capcom sprites walk around and such. It kinda feels like a 90's side-scrolling beat-em-up. Definitely had that "Streets of Rage" feel.

The first installment on the 3ds will be Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney- Dual Destinies, which is supposed to be released in the US and Europe as a digital-only release this Fall. Hope you can get a 3ds by then. Very Happy

*Edit*
After looking around, I found that Ace Attorney is a movie. I really wanna see it!
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own a 3ds?   Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:41 am

jollychick wrote:
*Edit*
After looking around, I found that Ace Attorney is a movie. I really wanna see it!
I haven't been following this thread too closely since I'm not much of a gamer and don't have a 3DS either... But just caught that comment and it's really amusing to me! They really will turn anything into a movie/series if it's popular enough XD

Not to say that it's bad or anything. I'm sure it's pretty interesting, especially if you're into the series. Just that it's funny, particularly because it's live-action Laughing

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own a 3ds?   Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:35 am

aerysa wrote:
jollychick wrote:
*Edit*
I haven't been following this thread too closely since I'm not much of a gamer and don't have a 3DS either... But just caught that comment and it's really amusing to me! They really will turn anything into a movie/series if it's popular enough XD

Not to say that it's bad or anything. I'm sure it's pretty interesting, especially if you're into the series. Just that it's funny, particularly because it's live-action Laughing

Yes, it is. And it's also based on the first game (on the DS), so my brother won't allow me to watch the movie until after I've finished the game...

Hmm, let's see, I've come across movies based on manga and games, manga and anime based on games, games based on manga or anime, dramas from the same source... yes, it's safe to say that if it's popular, someone will find a way to milk more money from it. Wink
Back to top Go down
jollychick
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own a 3ds?   Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:11 pm

aerysa wrote:

Yes! They will make a drama or live action of, literally, anything! :lol:I didn't even know there was a drama for Itazura na Kiss until last week, haha! The choices seem so random. They even made a movie for Koukou Debut. It was good though, Embarassed.

I've yet to find the Phoenix Wright one, but I'm on the hunt! Plus I'm a fan of Narimiya Hiroki. Love him as the "Charismatic Vet" in Juui Doolittle. Such great hair! Haha. Very Happy

My post was sooo off-topic. Oh, well. Might as well add that I love Oguri Shun as well. But I digress...
Back to top Go down
beenz
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: I also Have a 3DS   Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:20 pm

I barely use my 3DS at all, I have no games and it just sits there doing nothing. Soo yeah  Neutral 

Speaking of it, does anyone have an AceKard or R4? Also what happened to the Spot pass and the swapnote discountinuation?

Back to top Go down
nippergryph2

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own a 3ds?   Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:51 pm

I remember Animal Crossing on the GameCube. I don't own a 3DS and I probably won't since I am not much into gaming anymore. I am strictly playing free games on my phone now.
Back to top Go down
jollychick
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own a 3ds?   Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:01 pm

beenz wrote:
I barely use my 3DS at all, I have no games and it just sits there doing nothing. Soo yeah  Neutral 

Speaking of it, does anyone have an AceKard or R4? Also what happened to the Spot pass and the swapnote discountinuation?

I now own two 3ds'. An American one and a Japanese version. Mine don't go very without use, lol. I own the R4 but I haven't played it in awhile. Swapnote Spotpass is still disabled. All because of something that happened in Japan...not fair if you ask me!

nippergryph2 wrote:
I remember Animal Crossing on the GameCube. I don't own a 3DS and I probably won't since I am not much into gaming anymore. I am strictly playing free games on my phone now.
I understand. I consider myself a hardcore, casual gamer.

My issue is that phone games won't be getting anywhere near the quality of actual console games in the near future, since the $0 - $.99 price range is the mark everyone wants to hit in the mobile market. Many people aren't willing to pay $59.99 for a mobile game, myself included. Then, because they can't charge as much as retail games usually sell for, mobile games tend to be a bit more repetitive in genre (though mobile gaming is technically a genre, but whatever Razz) and game-play. Heck, the DLC, all of which was free, and online features on the 3DS version of Animal Crossing is more than worth my $34.99. But, to each his own!
Back to top Go down
thtaznshorty
Cool User
Cool User

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own a 3ds?   Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:55 pm

I own a 3DS and I have been playing pokemon y on it. It's such a fun game. I mostly play rpg and I'm thinking of getting animal crossing later on when I have the money. The only 3DS game I have is pokemon y and Rune Factory 4.
Back to top Go down
jollychick
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own a 3ds?   Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:55 pm

thtaznshorty wrote:
I own a 3DS and I have been playing pokemon y on it. It's such a fun game. I mostly play rpg and I'm thinking of getting animal crossing later on when I have the money. The only 3DS game I have is pokemon y and Rune Factory 4.

I LOVE Rune Factory 4!!! I have Pokemon X but I'm usually playing Disney Magical World or Professor Layton. Soon I'll be on Tomodachi Life when it comes out Friday Razz .

Animal Crossing is awesome! I've logged so many hours on that baby, I'm slightly too ashamed to post it here Embarassed ! I will tell you that Animal Crossing is a time investment. Sooo many things can happen or change if you don't continually play it...so you should keep that in mind. If you're off during the summer (from school or work) that would be the perfect time to start, though.
Back to top Go down
thtaznshorty
Cool User
Cool User

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own a 3ds?   Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:19 pm

After Pokemon y, I'm gonna start on Rune Factory 4. I haven't even start on it yet because I got busy with school x.x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own a 3ds?   

Back to top Go down

Anyone own a 3ds?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shojo Manhwa Scans :: DISCUSSIONS :: General-
Jump to: