Shojo Manhwa Scans

Download Scanlations from SMScans Here

BlogHomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:11 pm

Would you want the ability to see and talk to ghosts? To Fly? To turn invisiable? To be able to talk to animals? Something else?

I would want the ability to fly because then I can fly over traffic. I would save a ton of money on gas and I would not have to deal with people who never learned how to drive. I would also be able to fly to other countries and not have to worry about airport security.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:20 pm

When I was younger I wanted to have the power to control fire, just because I like the element. But now I would want to be able to teleport, that way I don't have to wait for the bus for god knows how long and yeah not to mention traffic! This way I can just go anywhere I want in a snap. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:41 am

could I have the ability to do magic instead? infinitely more practical and just as fun. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:36 pm

silvery wrote:
could I have the ability to do magic instead? infinitely more practical and just as fun. Very Happy

Let me find out where I put my wand..........

Last edited by Algenon on Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:47 pm

If I have any power I would like to be the power to go inside any anime I like and to live withe them
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:32 am

if i can have any power, i would want to fly. it be nice flying through the clouds
Back to top Go down
jollychick
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:50 pm

Now this is my type of question!!

If I had any supernatural power, It'd have to be the ability to control time. I'd want to be able to speed time up or slow it down, go to the past or future and stop it altogether. It'd be crazy fun, and informative, if I could visit events that happened in the past or time skip to the future Wink.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:05 am

jollychick wrote:

If I had any supernatural power, It'd have to be the ability to control time. I'd want to be able to speed time up or slow it down, go to the past or future and stop it altogether. It'd be crazy fun, and informative, if I could visit events that happened in the past or time skip to the future Wink.

I wonder what that ability would do to your metabolism....more calories burnt if you speed time up?
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:16 am

Algenon wrote:
jollychick wrote:

I wonder what that ability would do to your metabolism....more calories burnt if you speed time up?

That is a good question... But I really can't seem to choose a supernatural power though, so I really just want the ability to do magic. Doesn't help that I've been reading a few fantasy novels where magic is as common as the flu...
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:21 pm

Well... Looks like I've been super negligent about coming here... haha~ Vacations do that. Throws off your schedule completely >__<;; Anyways... I'm back~~

As for the topic... For practical purposes, I think the power to teleport would be awesome! Or even telekinesis - you know, you just move things around with your mind. ha! Then I can be super lazy and just bring everything to me Razz

Though, for non-practical purposes, I think control over the elements would be fun. For battling and what not... Except who would I "fight to the death" with? XD

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:46 am

aerysa wrote:
Well... Looks like I've been super negligent about coming here... haha~ Vacations do that. Throws off your schedule completely >__<;; Anyways... I'm back~~

As for the topic... For practical purposes, I think the power to teleport would be awesome! Or even telekinesis - you know, you just move things around with your mind. ha! Then I can be super lazy and just bring everything to me Razz

Though, for non-practical purposes, I think control over the elements would be fun. For battling and what not... Except who would I "fight to the death" with? XD

well, the standard style is that as soon as you have supernatural powers/ the ability to do magic, you will automatically come across someone who has ulterior motives and then it's a personal battle to walk the fine line between good and evil. Being able to control the elements was what I wanted at first too, along with the powers to control weather... so I thought magic (like being an elemental from Skullduggery Pleasant) would be more practical... we humans have so many wants... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
jollychick
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   Wed May 01, 2013 7:36 pm

Algenon wrote:
jollychick wrote:

My goodness!! Shocked I hadn't even considered that aspect!! It could be a great weight loss tool Laughing. Now I just need to find out how to get this miracle power...I don't know where to find gamma rays, plus they sound kinda dangerous, and I'm not very fond of radioactive spiders so I won't be able to get it the old-fashioned way... Wink
This may take some time.
Back to top Go down
swedesamurai
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   Fri May 03, 2013 6:13 am

I would like to have "Insight" as a superpower.  To be able to see things around me in a way that makes me understand what is really going on is awesome!

At my age you'd think that I would want something that would enhance me physically; you know to make me stronger more virile.  While that might be nice; I'm satisfied with what I've done in the past and with and to who I did things to and with...Those are the things that make me what I am today.

But to have the power of Insight to really understand what is going by aound me.  Sometimes I get so caught up in living that I don't always see things that I should, that happen to people that I love.  Some former lovers had called me a cold blooded bast--d in my younger days (That's the nicest that I could print some of the coments from some people I was close to in the past.)  My falling outs in relationships and the mistakes I've made with my significant others have all stem from my inability to consider the needs of those around me.  I am better at this now, having a half century of often screwing up... I had to get better.  Only if I had that power of Insight I could have saved a lot of people I cared for a lot of pain.

Hopefully the past track record has made me wiser so that I can overcome my lack of insight.

Last edited by swedesamurai on Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   Mon May 06, 2013 12:53 pm

swedesamurai wrote:
I would like to have "Insight" as a superpower. To be able to see things around me in a way that makes me understand what is really going on is awesome!

At my age you'd think that I would want something that would enhance me physically; you know to make me stronger more virile. Ehile that might be nice; I'm satisfied with what I've done in the past and with and to who I did thinks to and with...Those are the things that make me what I am today.

But to have the power of Insight to really understand what is going by aound me. Sometimes I get so caught up in living that I don't always see things that I should, that happen to people that I love. Some former lovers had called me a cold blooded bast--d in my younger days (That's the nicest that I could print some of the coments from some people I was close to in the past.) My falling outs in relationships and the mistakes I've made with my significant others have all stem from my inability to consider the needs of thoise around me. I am better at this now, having a half century of often screwing up... I had to get better. Only if I had that power of Insight I could have saved a lot of people I cared for a lot of pain.

Hopefully the past track record has made me wiser so that I can overcome my lack of insight.

I think it's just how we grew up. In your time, men were supposed to be the breadwinner and women, the caregiver. Boys were considered wimps if they cried and a girl's place was in the kitchen. Nowadays boys are encouraged to express their feelings and no one bats an eye to see a woman heading a corporation. Roles have changed and so people change and accept it. Insight is still a very difficult skill for most thought. You're not the only one.
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   Tue May 07, 2013 9:19 am

silvery wrote:
I think it's just how we grew up. In your time, men were supposed to be the breadwinner and women, the caregiver. Boys were considered wimps if they cried and a girl's place was in the kitchen. Nowadays boys are encouraged to express their feelings and no one bats an eye to see a woman heading a corporation. Roles have changed and so people change and accept it. Insight is still a very difficult skill for most thought. You're not the only one.
I think in a way it's different now, yet not so different at the same time. We try for equality and what not, but really... Those prejudices/stereotypes haven't gone away completely. Not to mention, it's such a "dog eat dog world" out there... At least in my culture it's very common practice for people to step all over each other just to climb up the "social/corporate" ladder.

It's just the norm not to care what other people think about you or even think about what others are going through. As cold and cynical as that sounds, it's true. I'm not saying that it's EVERYONE, but, it's still quite prevalent. Human beings are selfish. What can I say?

As for the whole "insight power" thing... Overall I think it's a neat idea, but realistically I don't think I could handle the consequences of it. For sure, you definitely wouldn't always hear good things about yourself or others. Kind of reminds me of the American show "The Listener".

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   Wed May 08, 2013 11:45 am

aerysa wrote:

I think in a way it's different now, yet not so different at the same time. We try for equality and what not, but really... Those prejudices/stereotypes haven't gone away completely. Not to mention, it's such a "dog eat dog world" out there... At least in my culture it's very common practice for people to step all over each other just to climb up the "social/corporate" ladder.

It's just the norm not to care what other people think about you or even think about what others are going through. As cold and cynical as that sounds, it's true. I'm not saying that it's EVERYONE, but, it's still quite prevalent. Human beings are selfish. What can I say?

As for the whole "insight power" thing... Overall I think it's a neat idea, but realistically I don't think I could handle the consequences of it. For sure, you definitely wouldn't always hear good things about yourself or others. Kind of reminds me of the American show "The Listener".

On this I'm in agreement. We're all selfish people who put ourselves (and maybe our families) first before others. I'm usually selfless and wiling to help people out but I will draw a line so that I don't burn myself out or get used/manipulated by others. That would turn me into a cynic inside out.

For me, insight would be a little different. It's more about observing the person you're with... verbal and non-verbal clues to let you know what is and isn't the right thing to say or do. Like you said, we're so wrapped up in our own selfishness that we forget to stop, look our partner in the eye and really listen to what they have to say. A peeve of mine is that people are so busy thinking of what to say next that they don't listen. Then they ask you about something that you'd just mentioned Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   Thu May 09, 2013 10:43 am

silvery wrote:
On this I'm in agreement. We're all selfish people who put ourselves (and maybe our families) first before others. I'm usually selfless and wiling to help people out but I will draw a line so that I don't burn myself out or get used/manipulated by others. That would turn me into a cynic inside out.

For me, insight would be a little different. It's more about observing the person you're with... verbal and non-verbal clues to let you know what is and isn't the right thing to say or do. Like you said, we're so wrapped up in our own selfishness that we forget to stop, look our partner in the eye and really listen to what they have to say. A peeve of mine is that people are so busy thinking of what to say next that they don't listen. Then they ask you about something that you'd just mentioned Rolling Eyes
Well if you put it that way... LOL, it's not even a supernatural power anymore! It's something you can already practice (or people SHOULD practice) in everyday life. But yes, the art of verbal communication and communication in general is in the decline -- with all this technological reliance nowadays. Which really, just brings about all sorts of new issues that we never had "back then". You know, like texting a person when you're sitting across from them at a table and what not...

Speaking of peeves, one of mine is when people just can't put the phone down. Like puhleease... You do NOT have to be staring at your phone every 2 minutes!! Evil or Very Mad

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   Thu May 09, 2013 2:16 pm

Well, yes, Insight is a power that can be cultivated among humans... it's just that limitations/distractions are always around that it get's harder and harder to practice it. After a while, it becomes a rare super power just like Swede mentioned.

As for the phone thing, I agree. In a few years, we'll all have our phones grafted to our hands, our PC/the internet melded to our minds and most likely we will be a hybrid of living technology and stuff like in The Matrix or the Terminator series won't just be a movie anymore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   Fri May 10, 2013 9:22 am

I always thought it would be great to be able to fly, but weather could really put a damper on things.

So maybe a super power that would be more practical would be better. Being able to read the thoughts of others would be interesting. Could be helpful in the workplace as well as your personal life. Take all the guess work out of relationships. Probably wouldn't want people to know this was a power you had or nobody would ever want to be around you!!!
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   Fri May 10, 2013 11:10 am

spamy1 wrote:
I always thought it would be great to be able to fly, but weather could really put a damper on things.

So maybe a super power that would be more practical would be better. Being able to read the thoughts of others would be interesting. Could be helpful in the workplace as well as your personal life. Take all the guess work out of relationships. Probably wouldn't want people to know this was a power you had or nobody would ever want to be around you!!!

I agree to that. Maybe that's why you only find flying carpets in desert like stories (Arabian nights)... the weather's usually clear and dry.

I would not want to be able to read minds... I'd like to be able to manipulate elements, teleport, or maybe some other kind of power that can be battle worthy (clearly I read too much manga) but I don't think mind reading is a good power. You'd know what the other person is thinking good or bad... The realm of the mind and heart are usually something I'd rather find out slowly by getting to know the person.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   Fri May 10, 2013 5:28 pm

If I had a superpower, it would be the ability to teleport. I could pick flying as a way to get to places since driving isn't very safe. However, landing gives me that unsettling feeling in my stomach....kinda like those roller coaster rides that drop or go backwards. I'd much prefer being able to travel somewhere instantaneously. It'd be great if it I could teleport like Nightcrawler rather than how they do it in Jumper.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   Fri May 10, 2013 11:37 pm

Since i was a kid, i always wish that i could predict/ see the future. So hoping to see all the exam question before the final exam & getting all A's. As they say ' With great power comes great responsibilities ! . Sometime when i'm stuck works, how i truly wish i have my Superpower Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
jollychick
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   Sat May 11, 2013 2:55 am

animespog wrote:
If I had a superpower, it would be the ability to teleport. I could pick flying as a way to get to places since driving isn't very safe. However, landing gives me that unsettling feeling in my stomach....kinda like those roller coaster rides that drop or go backwards. I'd much prefer being able to travel somewhere instantaneously. It'd be great if it I could teleport like Nightcrawler rather than how they do it in Jumper.
Teleportation was the other one I would have chose. It would be super helpful when you wanted to travel to another country Cool. Even those times during the holidays when you forgot to pick up something from the store or last minute gifts. The possibilities seem endless.
fida276 wrote:
Since i was a kid, i always wish that i could predict/ see the future. So hoping to see all the exam question before the final exam & getting all A's. As they say ' With great power comes great responsibilities ! . Sometime when i'm stuck works, how i truly wish i have my Superpower Very Happy.
This would have so useful in high school Wink ! Especially in English class. We had to read books like Beowulf and The Great Gatsby, not my favorite genre of literature, and then we'd have a test on certain events and such.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: supernatural power   Sat May 11, 2013 2:00 pm

i would pick the ability to fly. it'd be awesome to travel from country to country without using airplanes. hate going on the them. makes my ear pop and give me a major headache every time i travel in one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   Sun May 12, 2013 7:44 am

animespog wrote:

I would have picked teleportation but the movie "The Fly" always makes me change my mind....I also wonder what would happened if you teleported into a wall.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   

Back to top Go down

If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next