Shojo Manhwa Scans

Download Scanlations from SMScans Here
 
BlogHomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

Would you want the ability to see and talk to ghosts? To Fly? To turn invisiable? To be able to talk to animals? Something else?

I would want the ability to fly because then I can fly over traffic. I would save a ton of money on gas and I would not have to deal with people who never learned how to drive. I would also be able to fly to other countries and not have to worry about airport security.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member
avatar

Posts : 466
Join date : 2012-03-20

PostSubject: Re: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:00 pm

salamand wrote:
At first I thought it would be pretty awesome to fly, so I could get away from the world sometimes. Unfortunately, it would be no solution for them. Then I thought I would not mind to have impeccable logic, so I could solve my problem or difficult situation in an instant. On the other hand that would make me inhuman, so all that is important to me would lose its value. In the long run, all special powers would be boring. I want to remain my regular self and climb the obstacles in front of me, since that is life itself in its sad and happy way.
You have a point there. We can't be super human but we can be human. Remember to smile a lot more, enjoy the sunshine, a summer breeze or a dance in the rain. As long as we remember to enjoy the little things, we'll be less like mindless robots/drones and more human. Laugh and cry and enjoy the challenge Wink But I still think that magnetic ability would be fun Laughing
Back to top Go down
salamand
Newbie
Newbie


Posts : 17
Join date : 2013-08-05
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:41 pm

silvery wrote:
salamand wrote:
At first I thought it would be pretty awesome to fly, so I could get away from the world sometimes. Unfortunately, it would be no solution for them. Then I thought I would not mind to have impeccable logic, so I could solve my problem or difficult situation in an instant. On the other hand that would make me inhuman, so all that is important to me would lose its value. In the long run, all special powers would be boring. I want to remain my regular self and climb the obstacles in front of me, since that is life itself in its sad and happy way.
You have a point there. We can't be super human but we can be human. Remember to smile a lot more, enjoy the sunshine, a summer breeze or a dance in the rain. As long as we remember to enjoy the little things, we'll be less like mindless robots/drones and more human. Laugh and cry and enjoy the challenge ;)But I still think that magnetic ability would be fun Laughing 
Challenge accepted! Magnetism could be fun, but how do you know who to attract and who to repel? Since unpleasant individuals can work sometimes to our benefit and nice people can drive somebody crazy as well?
Back to top Go down
rayghiemay
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 40
Join date : 2013-02-22
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:05 am

i think i'd like to have the power to affect people, like wolverine's partner in his [own/self] movie "wolverine".

Very Happy 

_________________
"Fear can only ruin your life if you will allow for it to. In our lives we can try to bypass our fears by staying away from them as much as possible, but to truly conquer each fear we must step up to it, and take it on. We can only defeat something if we are willing to compete against it, and with a strong heart, a determined attitude, and an unbreakable will, there is nothing in this world we can't defeat if we give it our all."

afro
Back to top Go down
ermo
Cool User
Cool User


Posts : 42
Join date : 2013-01-11

PostSubject: Re: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:31 am

Definitly flying. Because if it is a rare superpower, than it would make life so much easier for me.
If flying was common, than maybe to minimize and expand myself.
Back to top Go down
kihi

avatar

Posts : 14
Join date : 2013-08-22

PostSubject: Re: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:23 am

I want super power to stay thin regardless what and how much i eat. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
olinatasha
Cool User
Cool User


Posts : 30
Join date : 2013-01-14
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:09 am

This morning I woke up with this thought in my head about wanting a particular super power. Then I came upon this thread whilst getting the new chapter for O Butterfly, O Flower. So, I thought I would add it here, though I think I may have posted here before with a different super power. This time, however, I woke thinking that I wanted to be an empath/have empathic powers, not just to "read/feel" others' emotions, but to be able to also be able to make others "read/feel" my own. Sometimes I feel things/emotions that I cannot express the depth of, those I feel so deeply and strongly that everything I do or say pale in comparison to that which I feel. My words/actions fail to even begin to express what I feel. If I were able to make others "read/feel" what I do, then they would truly know and understand me. I know it probably seems weird or even a waste compared to some more "significant" super powers that could be chosen, but what do expect from the afterglow of a dream. heheh... drunken 
Back to top Go down
aerysa
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 600
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:31 pm

kihi wrote:
I want super power to stay thin regardless what and how much i eat. Very Happy 
LOL!! I don't know if it could really be called a super power since that is some people's reality... My sister is like that >__<;;

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://mikarysa.livejournal.com/
kihi

avatar

Posts : 14
Join date : 2013-08-22

PostSubject: Re: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:29 pm

aerysa wrote:
kihi wrote:
I want super power to stay thin regardless what and how much i eat. Very Happy 
LOL!! I don't know if it could really be called a super power since that is some people's reality... My sister is like that >__<;;
Your sister have power, power of metabolism.
Back to top Go down
rayghiemay
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 40
Join date : 2013-02-22
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:29 am

aerysa wrote:
kihi wrote:
I want super power to stay thin regardless what and how much i eat. Very Happy 
LOL!! I don't know if it could really be called a super power since that is some people's reality... My sister is like that >__<;;

my relatives are also naturally skinny (unfortunately i don't have that gene) lol.

_________________
"Fear can only ruin your life if you will allow for it to. In our lives we can try to bypass our fears by staying away from them as much as possible, but to truly conquer each fear we must step up to it, and take it on. We can only defeat something if we are willing to compete against it, and with a strong heart, a determined attitude, and an unbreakable will, there is nothing in this world we can't defeat if we give it our all."

afro
Back to top Go down
Veramonte
Elite Member
Elite Member
avatar

Posts : 90
Join date : 2013-09-02

PostSubject: Re: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:15 pm

kihi wrote:
aerysa wrote:
kihi wrote:
I want super power to stay thin regardless what and how much i eat. Very Happy 
LOL!! I don't know if it could really be called a super power since that is some people's reality... My sister is like that >__<;;
Your sister have power, power of metabolism.
Now this, I like Very Happy

The power of eating without worries is in fact one of the super powers most girl go crazy for.
Imagine eating a gallon of chocolate ice cream and cheesecake without having to worry about how our tummy would look like... Gosh I'm drooling already Sad
Back to top Go down
kihi

avatar

Posts : 14
Join date : 2013-08-22

PostSubject: Re: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:09 am

Veramonte wrote:
kihi wrote:
aerysa wrote:
kihi wrote:
I want super power to stay thin regardless what and how much i eat. Very Happy 
LOL!! I don't know if it could really be called a super power since that is some people's reality... My sister is like that >__<;;
Your sister have power, power of metabolism.
Now this,  I like Very Happy

The power of eating without worries is in fact one of the super powers most girl go crazy for.
Imagine eating a gallon of chocolate ice cream and cheesecake without having to worry about how our tummy would look like... Gosh I'm drooling already Sad
I think the only weakness of this super power is vegetable LOL
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member
avatar

Posts : 466
Join date : 2012-03-20

PostSubject: Re: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:18 am

kihi wrote:
Veramonte wrote:
kihi wrote:
aerysa wrote:
kihi wrote:
I want super power to stay thin regardless what and how much i eat. Very Happy 
LOL!! I don't know if it could really be called a super power since that is some people's reality... My sister is like that >__<;;
Your sister have power, power of metabolism.
Now this,  I like Very Happy

The power of eating without worries is in fact one of the super powers most girl go crazy for.
Imagine eating a gallon of chocolate ice cream and cheesecake without having to worry about how our tummy would look like... Gosh I'm drooling already Sad
I think the only weakness of this super power is vegetable LOL
I think the other weakness to this power is that since you can eat anything you want without the obvious consequence (getting fat) you'd either get tired of your favourite foods very quickly or you suffer from the not so obvious consequences like diabetes, high blood pressure and so on...
Back to top Go down
aerysa
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 600
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:57 pm

silvery wrote:
kihi wrote:
Veramonte wrote:
kihi wrote:
aerysa wrote:
kihi wrote:
I want super power to stay thin regardless what and how much i eat. Very Happy 
LOL!! I don't know if it could really be called a super power since that is some people's reality... My sister is like that >__<;;
Your sister have power, power of metabolism.
Now this,  I like Very Happy

The power of eating without worries is in fact one of the super powers most girl go crazy for.
Imagine eating a gallon of chocolate ice cream and cheesecake without having to worry about how our tummy would look like... Gosh I'm drooling already Sad
I think the only weakness of this super power is vegetable LOL
I think the other weakness to this power is that since you can eat anything you want without the obvious consequence (getting fat) you'd either get tired of your favourite foods very quickly or you suffer from the not so obvious consequences like diabetes, high blood pressure and so on...
haha! I love that you called it "power of metabolism". Everyone has it - as in metabolism. It's more a matter of whether it's fast or slow. In general, it slows down as a person ages, so even if you have faster metabolism when you're young, it doesn't guarantee that it'll be that speed when you're older. That's why it's super easy for older to people to gain weight, especially if they don't watch their diet/lifestyle.
And yes! Just because a person is thin, it doesn't equate to being healthy. It's really a misconception skewed and exacerbated by media's portrayal of women who are stick thin, and making that the "standard". Things like airbrushing and what not really aren't helping in a world where girls and women are already low in self-esteem.
But that's the science geek coming out in me, so I'll stop there! XD

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://mikarysa.livejournal.com/
LucyLu



Posts : 5
Join date : 2013-08-10

PostSubject: Re: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:32 am

Hmm....I would want the power to read minds. Very Happy I often wonder what people are thinking when they make weird faces.
Back to top Go down
Veramonte
Elite Member
Elite Member
avatar

Posts : 90
Join date : 2013-09-02

PostSubject: Re: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:20 pm

LucyLu wrote:
Hmm....I would want the power to read minds. :DI often wonder what people are thinking when they make weird faces.
And you don't have to study if you can read minds Very Happy
It's like legally cheating... Hehe
Back to top Go down
kihi

avatar

Posts : 14
Join date : 2013-08-22

PostSubject: Re: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:38 pm

LucyLu wrote:
Hmm....I would want the power to read minds. :DI often wonder what people are thinking when they make weird faces.
Trust me you do not want to know what people are thinking. I dont know why, but i guess i have trustworthy face (and i really dont talk or share other people secrets, they are not mine to share) people seems to like runs their mouth near me and in my heart i always feel like "oversharing..oversharing, please stop". Imagine if you can actually read their mind, too much info.
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member
avatar

Posts : 466
Join date : 2012-03-20

PostSubject: Re: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:10 pm

kihi wrote:
LucyLu wrote:
Hmm....I would want the power to read minds. :DI often wonder what people are thinking when they make weird faces.
Trust me you do not want to know what people are thinking. I dont know why, but i guess i have trustworthy face (and i really dont talk or share other people secrets, they are not mine to share) people seems to like runs their mouth near me and in my heart i always feel like "oversharing..oversharing, please stop". Imagine if you can actually read their mind, too much info.
I agree. Unless you can willfully switch off this power, you'd never get any rest because then you'd be able to tune into people's thoughts 24/7. Besides, ignorance is bliss.
Back to top Go down
paikea
Cool User
Cool User


Posts : 28
Join date : 2012-04-01

PostSubject: Re: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:09 pm

ermo wrote:
Definitly flying. Because if it is a rare superpower, than it would make life so much easier for me.
If flying was common, than maybe to minimize and expand myself.
Wait wait, very intriguing! Explain, why the wish to minimize and expand yourself? Maybe minimize so you could go unnoticed and then expand back to regular size? Would also make going through a crowded area much easier!




Veramonte wrote:
LucyLu wrote:
Hmm....I would want the power to read minds. :DI often wonder what people are thinking when they make weird faces.
And you don't have to study if you can read minds Very Happy
It's like legally cheating... Hehe
lolll I don't know, you'd have to wait to wait around till they're thinking about what you need to know.
Back to top Go down
casandra30

avatar

Posts : 13
Join date : 2014-03-30
Age : 34
Location : Wisconsin

PostSubject: Re: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:31 am

If I could have any superpower. I would want the ability to travel through time. Time machines are not reliable they could break down but if you had a superpower to be able to do so then you could see all the way into the far future and go back to the distant past. You could choose the time period you most wished to live in.

For me I would like to go back in time. Like to the 1800's or something and then visit the current time period when I wanted to be lazy and have electronics and fast food (which would probably not be all that often when I got used to it.)  Smile
Back to top Go down
thtaznshorty
Cool User
Cool User
avatar

Posts : 27
Join date : 2014-06-02
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:41 am

I would like the power to be able to understand and speak every single language even animal language. I wouldn't have to worry about traveling and I would know what the animals are talking about. I would also know about what they are worry about and scared of. In which I would be able to help the animals out if I needed to.
Back to top Go down
tsuki1star
Newbie
Newbie


Posts : 17
Join date : 2014-08-08
Age : 26
Location : United States of America

PostSubject: Re: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:55 am

I would want to have the power to create anything I want. That way, if I need a teleportation device or something, I could create it. Or if I need to clean my room, I could create a machine or something to clean it.
Back to top Go down
absurd.ale



Posts : 1
Join date : 2014-08-11

PostSubject: Re: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:37 am

If I have a supernatural power, I wanted it to be TIME MANIPULATION. I wanted to be able to go back and travel to the future. The reason? Easy. I wanted to fix the mistakes I've done in the past and know the future so I can be aware of it.

But, if that's really happen my life will be so boring because I know everyhting will go smoothly.
Back to top Go down
saya2077

avatar

Posts : 12
Join date : 2013-09-12
Age : 37
Location : above the clouds where the sun always shines

PostSubject: Re: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:46 pm

If I could wish for a special ability it would be the ability to heal, not only physical wounds, traumas and terminal illnesses but also psychological illnesses.

My reasons for this wish? In the last two years I lost three people precious to me. Death came to them as a real salvation because they suffered and had a long fight.
Back to top Go down
Iaria
Cool User
Cool User
avatar

Posts : 42
Join date : 2013-03-22
Age : 31
Location : Jamaica

PostSubject: Re: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:01 pm

I want to have the power over electricity, so that i can reboot any appliance that died after having 1 too many surge blackouts in my neibourhood. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
tomokot



Posts : 10
Join date : 2013-03-14

PostSubject: Re: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:21 am

Ever since I watched Read Or Die, I wanted to be a Paper Master like they had in that series... you could make your origami cranes come to life, turn paper hard as rock or sharp as a knife, fly your own life-sized paper plane with you in it... there are many cool superpowers, but that one just spoke to me...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?   

Back to top Go down
 
If you could have any supernatural power what would it be? Why?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
 Similar topics
-
» power tool dragon deck(rate and fix)
» The Power of Persuasion (version 1, part 1)
» Power consumption: Mark II vs. Mark III
» VTA st 70 power
» ST-70 / Mark III power transformer heat (AGAIN)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shojo Manhwa Scans :: DISCUSSIONS :: General-
Jump to: