Shojo Manhwa Scans

Download Scanlations from SMScans Here

BlogHomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

What was the Harlequin manga that disappointed you the most?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mk-chan160
Cool User
Cool User

PostSubject: What was the Harlequin manga that disappointed you the most?   Sat May 18, 2013 4:15 am

[justify][justify]I have read lots of manga which had great promises of being great, and I can't remember them all, but last one I read that disappointed me was The Black Sheep's Arranged Marriage. Why? Well, because I though the protagonist was already beautiful she just had to have a new wardrobe maybe, but nooooooo. They had to straight her hair and make her blond, and suddenly everyone thinks she is beautiful. I really don't get why she couldn't have stayed like she really was, but go figure it? Rolling Eyes

Another thing I think that made don't like this manga much was the rushed ending. Suddenly she is beautiful and everything is perfect. THE END! What??? affraid

Well, I guess some people I don't make much sense, but well, I am senseless most of the time alien geek afro

But tell me, which was the Harlequin manga that disappointed you? Sad
Back to top Go down
Iaria
Cool User
Cool User

PostSubject: Re: What was the Harlequin manga that disappointed you the most?   Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:54 am

Mirror Image definitely. You think there would be more conflict and drama when the romance involves the woman's twin sister and child but it was really meh Sleep , and i hesitate to call these two a couple at the end.
Back to top Go down
ermo
Cool User
Cool User

PostSubject: Re: What was the Harlequin manga that disappointed you the most?   Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:50 am

Well Harlequins are easy to read and understand. So I do not expect anything when reading it, because there are some conditions that needed for a 'perfect' harlequin:

• transformation into a beautiful being
  • new wardrobe
  • some coincidental meetings
  • more than great sex
  • happy ending (usually marriage)

What I do not like is that the 'solution' is always marriage, but do not you think that it is only the begining?
Well the harlequins that fills the requirements mentioned above are boring, so I always search for some unusual harlequins.

An annoying one would be a stroy without the storylines mentioned above. So for now I think I did not read a really annoying one yet.
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: What was the Harlequin manga that disappointed you the most?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:49 pm

Well, in order to be disappointed, that would first suggest you have expectations for it to begin with. Given the fact that we're discussing Harlequin manga here, I would have to say none - for all the reasons ermo has mentioned.

Harlequin stories in general are your quintessential cookie-cutter story lines. How can they not be when there is a "recipe" for which every story should follow in order for it to be published?

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: What was the Harlequin manga that disappointed you the most?   Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:36 pm

aerysa wrote:
Well, in order to be disappointed, that would first suggest you have expectations for it to begin with. Given the fact that we're discussing Harlequin manga here, I would have to say none - for all the reasons ermo has mentioned.

Harlequin stories in general are your quintessential cookie-cutter story lines. How can they not be when there is a "recipe" for which every story should follow in order for it to be published?
True that! Smile
However I still think some HQs are a little too over the top. They picture a woman who's willingly being walked all over and then forgives the male just too easily. I'm so disappointed in this kind of story. A sweet woman doesn't have to be a door mat for the male lead Mad 
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: What was the Harlequin manga that disappointed you the most?   Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:11 pm

Veramonte wrote:
aerysa wrote:

True that! Smile
However I still think some HQs are a little too over the top. They picture a woman who's willingly being walked all over and then forgives the male just too easily. I'm so disappointed in this kind of story. A sweet woman doesn't have to be a door mat for the male lead Mad 
Yeah, definitely! I wouldn't say that those disappoint me, but more anger me... I rather not feel annoyed by something I'm reading, so I generally stay away from them.

PostSubject: Re: What was the Harlequin manga that disappointed you the most?   Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:43 am

the most disappointed one is heart breaker. i feel like she can go better and find someone else. because he treat her so horribly and she still end up with him.
Back to top Go down
romance20
Not So New
Not So New

PostSubject: Re: What was the Harlequin manga that disappointed you the most?   Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:58 am

there have been a few that have disappointed me, mostly because they rush the story and left out some of the story that I liked from the book.
Back to top Go down
Inai

PostSubject: Re: What was the Harlequin manga that disappointed you the most?   Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:47 pm

Actually just yesterday I've read "A Tycoon's Secret Affaire" and must say that it dissapointed me.

I mean come on! The female Protagonist goes in a bar, a man talks to her and she sleeps with him. She also seems to know the 'rules of a one night stand' and on the next day she disappears without a wish to continue this relationship. But of course, it's a harlequin! She gets pregnant and when he does not believe that he is the childs father, she is shocked that he does not believe her and thinks she's a whore.
But of course, marriage is always the solution, and I would not have a problem with that if everithing else would work out together.

The thinks, that I don't like in harlequins right now are this:
- she is a virgin but sleeps with him soon after she had met him for the first time
- she ist poor and he must be a billionaire (I mean a Millionaire is to common, he does not have enough money for 'her good heart' Suspect)
- she sleeps around but it's ok, she has a good heart and only sleeps with him(around) (sure she does....)
- she loves him, so even if they seperate (mostly because he throws her out), she will not turn to an other man, and even if she does than she will still love him deep in her heart and restart the relationship as soon as possible (because he's the only one 4 her)
- he is a billionaire (just imagine him a normal middle class man with good income for both, but that won't do, he has to be at least a billionaire)
- he treats her bad because of a misunderstanding, but she'll forgive him (mostly with a child in her arm)
- he is good at heart but became cold because most woman are bad and money-grubbing, so he has to protect himself
- he loves children and will marry every woman who claims to be pregnant with his child, and he will love her, even if he did not before
- marriage is the solution for everything!! (it's not the begining but the end.....)

There are harlequins that I also like (I know it certanly does not seem like it after the text above). But I'd love to have a variaty and not so many that are just the same.....

Last edited by Inai on Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
lily81
Cool User
Cool User

PostSubject: Re: What was the Harlequin manga that disappointed you the most?   Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:52 pm

the manga that I did not like is pligrim's castle to me the story was a po'noiosa Sleep
Back to top Go down
tearbunny

PostSubject: Re: What was the Harlequin manga that disappointed you the most?   Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:27 pm

Why are all the men Italian billionaires? what is it about Italians? What's wrong with normal salaried guys?
Back to top Go down
morninglight
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: What was the Harlequin manga that disappointed you the most?   Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:25 pm

In general, it too short and it leave out important event or the manga change the event and it different for the book. The guy treat the girl so crappy but she came back to him in the end. The guy and girl hate each other, but they somehow still fall in love with each other.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What was the Harlequin manga that disappointed you the most?   

Back to top Go down

What was the Harlequin manga that disappointed you the most?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1