Share | 

If you could go back in time to.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Duchess
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: If you could go back in time to.....   Tue May 21, 2013 12:24 am

If you could go back in time to change something or a decision in the past what would it be?

Well there are a lot of things I'd REALLY like to change but I think the experience I've had makes me the person I am now. But the one thing I would want to stop myself from doing is, when I was younger I sent a letter to a guy i had a crush on and I thought I'd never see again *_* sadly the universe didn't share my belief, I was 14 and didn't think of the possibilities of " never say never". Well we did meet and worse my friends and a few of his knew about the letter, so imagine the awkwardness Embarassed I still ask myself sometimes WHAT WAS I THINKING ?
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: If you could go back in time to.....   Tue May 21, 2013 11:25 am

I would say study a little harder, but I hate studying and I don't think I turned out any worse than I ought to be... I can't really think of any significant thing that I'd like to change except maybe stop myself from buying all sort of impulse buys when I go shopping... The last one was 400 grams of frozen yogurt that I took nearly an hour to finish Laughing
Back to top Go down
jollychick
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: If you could go back in time to.....   Tue May 21, 2013 3:02 pm

Well...

This happened about four or fives years ago. It was my first semester in college and I was taking some pretty basic classes. My speech class was super easy and our final was to...wait for it...give a speech! There was a catch though. It was a "group speech" where everyone in each group had to speak for about 5 minutes straight. Easy right? Well the instructions were also simple: You can bring a one page outline up to the front of the class. It's fine if it's on both sides of the page, but one can not simply read a script. Just talk to your audience about your topic for five minutes.

There was a guy named William in my group. My goodness he was hot Laughing! We had 3 classes together and I missed a good portion of those classes staring at him. Haha. Anywho, my group met early on the day of our speech so we could practice. William showed up with pages of material! So I told him he wouldn't be allowed to read anything from it, as per her instructions. He was shocked. He had no idea he couldn't bring his report to the front of the class, but it was too late for him to fix it.

I gave my mini speech right before him. I finished my portion and as I took my seat next to him, told him "Good luck!" He was nervous so his mind blanked and he was really quiet for awhile. After he totally had a brain-fart in front of the class, a lot of people were laughing at him. He was seriously embarrassed. He returned to his seat next to me and looked at me. At the time I was thinking I've never seen this side of him before! He's freaking adorable! and I chuckled at my thought. Imagine a 6'4", muscular football player blushing. Blushing, I say! His face went completely still and he turned away from me. He must have thought I was laughing at him like the other people.

I wanted to explain but there were other groups giving their speeches after ours. I figured I'd try after everyone was done but he left immediately after class was over. I searched his usual hangouts but he was no where to be found. That was my last class for the semester and I ended up transferring to another college so I never saw him after that. I really wished I hadn't laughed at that particular moment! The timing was horrible. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: If you could go back in time to.....   Tue May 21, 2013 4:24 pm

haha, for a minute, I thought it was about changing the past -- like huge world events or something. Funny how most of these are centered around relationships, with mine being no different...

So about two or three years ago, I met this guy from church who I eventually became really attracted to... Except I'm a super shy person by nature, and even more so around the guy I'm crushing on! So during this time, a number of things happened. Even though I had a mega crush on him, nothing really happened because the times I tried to talk to him and what not, I didn't get the chance. Then about 5 months after our initial introduction, it turned out he was moving for 8 months to a different city to finish his schooling.

During the time he was gone, I didn't think about him so much and eventually "got over it". Except he came back... And that was when the infatuation hit me again full force. Even so, I was still super shy and he's kind of shy too. At least, he never came to talk to me.

Anyways, long story short... Just as it seemed like we were starting to get along better -- like I could actually talk to him like a normal person and NOT have a completely empty mind from the fact that he looked at me... Two weeks ago, I found out he's moving again... He got reassigned to a different city (the same city he went to school for) for a project at work. Unlike the other time where it was a set 8 months, he doesn't know how long he could be gone for, but it's "up to 2 years".

So yeah... He ended up leaving some time this weekend and I got one final chance to wish him well. While I'm proud of myself for that much (since this is my reality), I kind of wish I had the courage back THEN, like 2+ years ago... Just to do so much more than that. Or even ask for his e-mail address this time, which was a thought that occurred to me, even though I didn't do so... (Somehow just didn't seem natural =__=;; )

Cool User
Cool User

PostSubject: Re: If you could go back in time to.....   Thu May 23, 2013 6:56 am

Duchess wrote:
If you could go back in time to change something or a decision in the past what would it be?

Huuum a hard question to anwer... Some things I want to change are so "dark" that I would choose a lighter one ^^
But I would say that I want to change a decision from when I was in middle school (how silly can you be when you're 14 years old -_-') when a guy in my class, asked me to go out with him, and thinking that it was a joke I rejected him (although I had a crush on him, silly mee!!!)

Reading post here, they are mostly love related ^^ !
Back to top Go down
IasaSinni
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: If you could go back in time to.....   Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:50 am

This, unfortunately, is an easy answer for me.
Eleven years ago, I would have gone on a trip to New York I was supposed to go on instead of bowing out and going to my mother's house instead.

My mother and I don't get along very well. I decided I needed to let her visit with her grandsons and perhaps if she warmed up to them she would stop being mean. She was calling me several times at all hours of the day and night nagging for me to visit her because she was too busy to come to my house.
I repeatedly told her during the visit that she needed to keep the door which lead to the back yard swimming pool locked and she refused because, "I'm having that door replaced next week. If you arranged your visit in later in a couple of months the lock wouldn't have been a problem. " Which was impossible because my oldest was supposed to be starting school.
My oldest son sneaked away while I was taking a bathroom break. He fell into the pool and partially drowned. He was resuscitated, but he was left severely handicapped and had a fragile immune system. He lived for another year before catching a bad case of the flu and passing away.
I miss him very much.
Back to top Go down
http://forum.imperfekt-industrees.com/index.php
Duchess
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: If you could go back in time to.....   Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:02 pm

IasaSinni wrote:
Eleven years ago, I would have gone on a trip to New York I was supposed to go on instead of bowing out and going to my mother's house instead.

My mother and I don't get along very well. I decided I needed to let her visit with her grandsons and perhaps if she warmed up to them she would stop being mean. She was calling me several times at all hours of the day and night nagging for me to visit her because she was too busy to come to my house.
I repeatedly told her during the visit that she needed to keep the door which lead to the back yard swimming pool locked and she refused because, "I'm having that door replaced next week. If you arranged your visit in later in a couple of months the lock wouldn't have been a problem. " Which was impossible because my oldest was supposed to be starting school.
My oldest son sneaked away while I was taking a bathroom break. He fell into the pool and partially drowned. He was resuscitated, but he was left severely handicapped and had a fragile immune system. He lived for another year before catching a bad case of the flu and passing away.
I miss him very much.

OMG that's so awful, I'm so sorry Sad
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: If you could go back in time to.....   Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:33 am

Oh whoa... That is so brutal Iasa! I can't even imagine what that must have been like >_<

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: If you could go back in time to.....   Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:38 am

I'm so sorry, Iasa, that must've been one of the most painful experiences for you Sad
Back to top Go down
romance20
Not So New
Not So New

PostSubject: Re: If you could go back in time to.....   Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:00 am

I would not chance anything because everything that has happened make me who I am but I would like to go back and see my grandmother again!
Back to top Go down
Veramonte
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: If you could go back in time to.....   Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:17 am

IasaSinni wrote:

My mother and I don't get along very well.  I decided I needed to let her visit with her grandsons and perhaps if she warmed up to them she would stop being mean.  She was calling me several times at all hours of the day and night nagging for me to visit her because she was too busy to come to my house.
I miss him very much.

I'm so sorry for your loss  Sad 
That's harsh...
Back to top Go down
izumi
Cool User
Cool User

PostSubject: Re: If you could go back in time to.....   Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:23 am

Mine would be thinking more seriously about my future.
Back to top Go down
morninglight
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: If you could go back in time to.....   Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:23 pm

There are a lot of things that I want to change if I could to back in time. There is only one thing that I want to change and that is that my brother never met this one lady who ruined his life. She total use him for his money. My parents even warn him about her, but he didn't listen. She a user and when she done, she move on to the next one.
Back to top Go down
Sakura Aizen
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: If you could go back in time to.....   Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:49 pm

I think mine would be, to have miss tuition to spend the day with my dad. The day before he died, I had this bad intuition that it was the last time I'd get to see him and it was. I didn't get to say goodbye and it's still hard. 10 years passed but feels like it was yesterday. I never forgot nor did my sis and mum. He was a good man, always first to give money to charity work, a good friend, a good father and a good husband. There was so many people at the funeral, people I didn't even know. I'll never understand why good people die when there's so many who are worst than demons. I know it's harsh but that's true.

No daughter should live without a father to love. He was my pillars, the one who kept me standin' and somewhat my life wouldn't have been so hard. He's still sadly missed.  Sad 
Back to top Go down
girlflower

PostSubject: Re: If you could go back in time to.....   Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:15 am

If I had to go back in time I would pay more attention in school so I could get a better job then the one I have
Back to top Go down
thtaznshorty
Cool User
Cool User

PostSubject: Re: If you could go back in time to.....   Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:56 am

I don't think I have anything to change because the past made me who I am today. Everything pretty much happened for a reason for me and I don't think there is anything else I need to change.
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: If you could go back in time to.....   Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:38 pm

thtaznshorty wrote:
I don't think I have anything to change because the past made me who I am today. Everything pretty much happened for a reason for me and I don't think there is anything else I need to change.

I agree with you. Who I am today is a product of what I did right and wrong over the past years. What I like I keep and what I don't, I work to improve it. I know some may have sad, maybe traumatizing experiences but I think we are usually pushed to just the limits to see how strong we are, or how we would cope. I just hoe everyone comes out a winner. Wink
Back to top Go down
xoxo

PostSubject: Re: If you could go back in time to.....   Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:26 am

thtaznshorty wrote:

I agree with you whole heartedly, I feel that if I didn't make the mistakes I did in the past, I wouldn't be where I am right now. Sometimes, it's better to have those mistakes, because it makes you who you are. cheers Laughing
Back to top Go down
tsuki1star

PostSubject: Re: If you could go back in time to.....   Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:47 am

If I could go back in time, I would study more so that why I don't have to deal with the problems that I have now because of it.
Back to top Go down
Iaria
Cool User
Cool User

PostSubject: Re: If you could go back in time to.....   Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:16 pm

If i could go back in time to change anything it would be to stop myself from watching Creepshow 3. About 90 mins. of my time i wish i could get back instead of watching that awful, awful movie.  pale

I'm sure there are others but for some reason that was the one that jumped to my mind. It was really an awful movie. No
Back to top Go down
tearbunny

PostSubject: Re: If you could go back in time to.....   Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:14 pm

I would probably use it to apply to a job I really wanted. I forgot about the deadline and regret it ever since.
Back to top Go down
tsuki1star

PostSubject: Re: If you could go back in time to.....   Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:09 am

If i could go back in time, I would probably be more serious and try harder in school and extra curricular activities, instead of quitting halfway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you could go back in time to.....   

Back to top Go down

If you could go back in time to.....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1