Share | 

Kamen Rider fans?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jollychick
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Kamen Rider fans?   Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:24 pm

For those who don't know what this is, Kamen Rider is a Japanese sentai show which usually contains regular people transforming into super hero's to protect us average people from evil monsters and the like Rolling Eyes.
Imagine Power Rangers with (arguably) better acting and a more detailed story. Actually, Power Rangers was originally Japanese. Since the show was aired in Japan first, the U.S. just kept the Japanese fighting scenes and re-filmed everything else.

I've been into Kamen Rider since 2008/2009. My first season was Kamen Rider Kabuto (the best story so far, imho Smile). Was hooked for some reason. It's a pretty serious story, but it's really captivating when considered who the target audience is Razz. I also like how it gives us a good look at some of Japan's city areas and a bit of Tokyo as well. Very nice atmosphere, I guess.

I've since watched Kamen Rider Den-O and Kamen Rider Kiva. I'm currently watching Fourze and I've got OOO in the queue. Anyone else watch the series?

**Fun Fact**
The first season of Power Rangers in the U.S. had 4 guys (Blue, Green, Red, Black) and 2 girls (Pink, Yellow). However, Yellow was a guy in the Japanese version of the show. If you look at the picture below, Not only does Pink have a different stance from the other Rangers, but Pink is also the only one with a skirt to her outfit. Not sure why they changed that when it came over seas...
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Kamen Rider fans?   Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:57 am

Sorry, have been busy for a while. Yes, I'm a kamen rider fan. Or rather, my brother is a kamen rider fan and I got infected. I actually like Kamen Rider Den-O the most (because it had Seki Toshihiko, the voice of Genjo Sanjo from Gensoumaden Saiyuki) I do sometimes watch the other series when it's aired on TV but I should just get the box sets to watch at my own leisure. Some might recognize the American version of Masked Rider Black (Kamen Rider Black) that came around the same time as the power rangers series (super sentai in Japanese) in the early 90s.

Kamen rider (masked rider in English) is also divided into eras, Showa (kamen rider Black is one of them) and Heisei (Kabuto, Ryuki, Den-O). The current series are all considered Heisei riders and they have distinct differences in comparison with the Showa riders (which I will not go into because I wasn't paying attention when my brother started fanboying Laughing )

Super sentais are a different genre all together according to my brother but I'm ok with discussing it too Smile
Back to top Go down
jollychick
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Kamen Rider fans?   Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:37 am

silvery wrote:
Sorry, have been busy for a while. Yes, I'm a kamen rider fan. Or rather, my brother is a kamen rider fan and I got infected.
No problem! We all get busy!
I started watching it first in my home and I infected one of my brothers! XD!! He even bought Batt Ride War for PS3! My goodness that game is cool! Lol~

silvery wrote:
I actually like Kamen Rider Den-O the most (because it had Seki Toshihiko, the voice of Genjo Sanjo from Gensoumaden Saiyuki) I do sometimes watch the other series when it's aired on TV but I should just get the box sets to watch at my own leisure.
....I don't know the names of the voice actors Embarassed so I'll just say my favorite Imajin on Den-O was Momotaros. Though the "fights" between him and Urataros were actually one of things I always looked forward to when I watched the series.

silvery wrote:
Kamen rider (masked rider in English) is also divided into eras, Showa (kamen rider Black is one of them) and Heisei (Kabuto, Ryuki, Den-O). The current series are all considered Heisei riders and they have distinct differences in comparison with the Showa riders (which I will not go into because I wasn't paying attention when my brother started fanboying Laughing)

Super sentais are a different genre all together according to my brother but I'm ok with discussing it too Smile   
I've seen enough clips from some of the Showa series' to know I don't really want to watch them, lol! I'll just stick with Heisei, thank you Very Happy. 555 looks pretty good but I've never really heard how people liked that series. I'm super interested in W though! Kiriyama Renn (Switch Girl) and Suda Masaki (Juui Dolittle)!!!
LOL at the "fanboying" line!!
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Kamen Rider fans?   Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:24 pm

jollychick wrote:

silvery wrote:
I actually like Kamen Rider Den-O the most (because it had Seki Toshihiko, the voice of Genjo Sanjo from Gensoumaden Saiyuki) I do sometimes watch the other series when it's aired on TV but I should just get the box sets to watch at my own leisure.
....I don't know the names of the voice actors Embarassed so I'll just say my favorite Imajin on Den-O was Momotaros. Though the "fights" between him and Urataros were actually one of things I always looked forward to when I watched the series.

That would be Seki Toshihiko XD. When My brother first introduced me to the series, I immediately went Sanzooooo!!!! But yes, the interaction between the imagins are so much fun.

jollychick wrote:
silvery wrote:
Kamen rider (masked rider in English) is also divided into eras, Showa (kamen rider Black is one of them) and Heisei (Kabuto, Ryuki, Den-O). The current series are all considered Heisei riders and they have distinct differences in comparison with the Showa riders (which I will not go into because I wasn't paying attention when my brother started fanboying Laughing)

I've seen enough clips from some of the Showa series' to know I don't really want to watch them, lol! I'll just stick with Heisei, thank you Very Happy. 555 looks pretty good but I've never really heard how people liked that series. I'm super interested in W though! Kiriyama Renn (Switch Girl) and Suda Masaki (Juui Dolittle)!!!
LOL at the "fanboying" line!!

I've yet to watch the W series either but an Aniki friend of mine was really excited about it because he was an on off guest on the series.

I lived with people who are very passionate about their likes... fanboying and fangirling really describe them aptly...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kamen Rider fans?   

Back to top Go down

Kamen Rider fans?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1