Shojo Manhwa Scans

Download Scanlations from SMScans Here

BlogHomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Your CRAZIEST coincidence

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Your CRAZIEST coincidence   Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:38 pm

I just had to post this and I want to hear your stories too!

A little while ago I went to my doctor, got something with the ears. I told my full name at the reception and once I got called into the doctor's room he started going over my data.
He repeated my name. I nodded. "born 1969?" I looked at him in consternation. "erm, no?"

It turns out that there is someone with the exact same first and family name who was born around 20 years earlier than me, who lives in the same city, who has the same doctor... I found her on facebook and we had a good laugh about it.
Back to top Go down
Sakura Aizen
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Your CRAZIEST coincidence   Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:11 pm

lol! Small world!! My mum once read the newspaper and found out that there's another woman who had the same first and last name as her. My sis & I found it funny cuz they had the same name but totally different, the woman was an African American and my mum's Chinese (married to an African American). Laughing  

Back to top Go down
Korg

PostSubject: Re: Your CRAZIEST coincidence   Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:07 pm

I once, during my summer holidays, met a girl with whom I went to primary school at the beach in St. Tropez, some 1000km from our hometown.
Back to top Go down
jollychick
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Your CRAZIEST coincidence   Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:46 am

When I started in 9th grade, I went to a high school located in the opposite direction of town where I was previously attending school. Everyone was new to me since I'd never gone to school in that part of town before Crying or Very sad.

We were, predictably, grouped into home rooms by our last name. There was a girl in my homeroom I became friends with on the first day. Turns out we had the same first, middle and last initials. Were were both born in the same month and year. Then to top off the weirdness, our mothers went to the same high school and were in the same graduating class. Super odd Shocked
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Your CRAZIEST coincidence   Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:05 am

Oh wow! Everyone has such really neat stories!

Unfortunately, I can't think of anything at all... Sad

PostSubject: Re: Your CRAZIEST coincidence   Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:06 am

aerysa wrote:
Oh wow! Everyone has such really neat stories!

Unfortunately, I can't think of anything at all... Sad

Aww. Everything goes, really. I bet you do have something to tell, any coincidence will do.
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Your CRAZIEST coincidence   Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:18 pm

Hmm, if it's about meeting people, I guess it would be when I went for a lunch with a lot of friends and friend of friends. I sat next to a girl and we started talking. Turns out that she was from the same hometown as me, which was common. The really funny part was when the more we talked the more it turns out that she met my mother before and that I'd spoken to her on the phone once before I joined my current job. We'd spoken but we'd never met Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your CRAZIEST coincidence   Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:51 pm

Very Happy Speaking of friends of friends and meetings...

I went to high school with someone called Anja and we were in the same class for 4 years. After that I did some business studies and met someone called Carina. It turned out Carina is one of Anja's best friends and they know each other from dancing lessons xD We found out about it when she added me on facebook.
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Your CRAZIEST coincidence   Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:34 pm

... I really can't think of anything Sad

Either my memory is REALLY bad or there haven't been many of these types of meetings. Lol~

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Your CRAZIEST coincidence   Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:58 am

aerysa wrote:
... I really can't think of anything Sad

Either my memory is REALLY bad or there haven't been many of these types of meetings. Lol~
Haha!!Laughing
You'll definitely think of something. It's not like all coincidences involve people. Maybe it was something you've watched on tv or something! Keep thinking!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your CRAZIEST coincidence   Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:05 am

Or maybe someone had the same thought as you at the same time?

Like this lol
"Hm I should call Sandra now..." *ring ring* "Oh, hi Sandra I just wanted to call you O_O"
Back to top Go down
swedesamurai
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Your CRAZIEST coincidence   Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:02 am

For me it has to be meeting a old girl friend, many years later, and thousands of miles away from where we were.  I spent my last One and a half years going to High School in Augusta, Gerorgia.  I had a after school job that started at 4pm and ended at 11 pm, as a short order cook in a Barbeque Resturant.  While working here a met a girl who was in junior college and we dated for the entire time I was in High School. I graduated from High School in 1975 and went into the US Army and stationed in Germany.  She "Dear Johned" me in 1977.   Because of that I lost complete contact with her.
I liked Germany so I moved here and eventually started a career and family.  In 2007 while traveling for work I was in Stuttgart and decided to go into a Bakery for something sweet (I'm a sucker for sweet pastries).  This was one with a Steh-Imbiss set of tables, where you stand around small table that is counter height and partake of your coffee and baked goods. It was just a little before 8AM when this woman came into the Bakery and asked for coffee and Apfel-Tasche (something like a those factory made apple pies you find in the US).  She spoke in English and turned aound and our eyes met. We had not seen each other since 1976.  We stayed and talked until about 11AM catching up on the twists and turns of our lives.  Both of us are glad how our paths tured out.  
Everytime I remember this meeting I also remember that Garth Brooks Song  "Unanswered Prayers".  That meeting with my ex-girl friend was life imating art.
Back to top Go down
junji0905
Cool User
Cool User

PostSubject: Re: Your CRAZIEST coincidence   Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:15 pm

When I was in high school I had a crush Embarassed for the very first time. I didn't know I was too obvious at that time and so my classmates started teasing me every chance they get.  They also tease my crush whenever I'm around by saying my name countless times. "Junji T---. Junji T---. Junji T---."

I even thought that maybe he likes me too because there were times he becomes shy from the teasing confused . To my humiliation Shocked, it turns out that his ex-girlfriend and me have the same first name Exclamation. AND his ex-girlfriend's surname is just 'Ty'. Whenever my crush gets teased, my classmates were actually referring to his ex' pale.
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Your CRAZIEST coincidence   Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:41 am

Oh my gosh, junji! That's pretty devastating for something to happen in HS... We're all at such a tender stage in life during that age.

That's such an inspiring story swede! It's really cool how things happen like that and obviously, it was completely unexpected because you were so many miles away from where you first met.

Oh oh! I just thought of something! It wasn't crazy, but it was cool XD

So in the summer a few years back, I was in Japan with my friend and we were traveling around, enjoying their country. On July 1st, which is Canada Day, we were thinking of home and then when we were walking, we saw this one Caucasian man wearing a red jersey! When we got closer, he was wearing the jersey of our hometown hockey team! So we went up to greet him, saying we were from the same place Very Happy

And this other trip we made, we went to this Monkey Park (I forgot which city) and when we were there, this one guy stopped to help us take a picture. He was also a Caucasian man and probably heard us chatting in English. So we chatted with him, and it turns out he was from Canada too! Not the same city, but still pretty neat. I even snuck a picture of him cuz I thought he was cute Embarassed

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Your CRAZIEST coincidence   Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:31 am

That's really cool swede. And sweet. I'm glad you had that kind of a chance. That's also amazing, aerysa. The fact that the two strangers you meet in a foreign country happen to be from home (country) makes it a great coincidence. What would make it crazy would be if you happen to bump into either one of them soon after you got back from Japan Wink
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Your CRAZIEST coincidence   Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:47 pm

haha, yeah... Took me a while to think of that one, but in retrospect, it is pretty neat! You never really expect to find people from your home country when you're so far away from it to begin with.

PostSubject: Re: Your CRAZIEST coincidence   Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:08 am

My last coincidence was when I was showing my friend around in my hometown, like some cemeteries, parks and districts of wooden houses. She is really cute in a boyish way, lovely, could be my dongsaeng (hardly never), and I told her about what I would like to listen on my funeral. Later we went to a mall where I opened a book about what habits tell about their owners. The opened page was about what my funeral song would tell about me.
My song was not there and I was too restless to actually concentrate and think about substituting, links and comparisons. Additionally, I should have known the mentioned songs then.
Back to top Go down
salamand

PostSubject: It is a really small world   Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:23 am

For me it was really weird meeting an acquaintance I met in a summer camp who was hanging out with my classmate. This is a small world and that was only the first occasion I have realised it.
Back to top Go down
arandomperson

PostSubject: Re: Your CRAZIEST coincidence   Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:09 am

I was on vacation and ran into my family friend in the middle of a tourist street. Freaked out; it was like seeing a ghost. You would never imagine them being there and yet they are. He also ended up on the same plane back.
Back to top Go down
morninglight
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Your CRAZIEST coincidence   Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:31 pm

Me and my friend, we both have the same first name and same birthday.
Back to top Go down
saya2077

PostSubject: Unexpected Meeting   Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:17 am

When I was still in high school we had summer vacations. Most of the time I spent at home but I got bored. So I asked a friend of mine if she wanted to make a trip with me. We decided to visit our capital. We took the train and after an four hour ride we were there. On our second day in the capital we decided to go for a walk and we also wanted to visit an old but very beautiful church. It was around noon when we entered the church and guess what? There I bumped into my best friend who moved away a year ago. She was also coincidentally on a sightseeing tour and without an appointment respectively without knowing that we were in the same city, we met. I was incredible happy. We spent the rest of the day together and had a lot of fun. Smile
Back to top Go down
teebee

PostSubject: Re: Your CRAZIEST coincidence   Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:09 am

i went to a shinto shrine in shibuya, tokyo and picked out a fortune randomly from a box at the shrine. a year later, i went to the same shrine with a friend and picked out another random fortune from the same box. There are suppose to be 12 different fortunes you can get from the box-- both times i got the same fortune...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your CRAZIEST coincidence   

Back to top Go down

Your CRAZIEST coincidence
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1