BlogHomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Thoughts on gay marriage: Same Love - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Mary Lambert

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Veramonte
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Thoughts on gay marriage: Same Love - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Mary Lambert   Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:23 pm

This is a general topic, right? And I can't find a place to invite people to discuss this particular topic with open mind, therefore I choose this lovely forum Smile

Lately there's a song about gays which hit top charts. If you haven't heard about the song, here it is:

Basically this song is about how being gay is not a choice, but something people are born with. The lyrics encourage people to accept gay into society. That being in love with the same sex is not wrong, it's just a different kind of love.

What do you think?
Do you accept this or not?
What are your fears about gay being accepted, if any?

I prefer opposite sex and somewhat religious, but personally I don't find gay horrendous or anything bad. If they wanted to marry, well, that's just another kind of love.
In my country, gays are pretty much shunned. I have a friend who's gay. He and his lover are sweet and very appreciative of others. I find that quality quite rare nowadays. They do not try to 'convert' people into gays (as opposed to what a lot of antis argued or worried about).
As long as they don't do any 'public show of affection', I am pretty much content to be around them. (This also applies to opposite-sex couples though. Making out in public is a big no-no).

How about you?
Back to top Go down
swedesamurai
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on gay marriage: Same Love - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Mary Lambert   Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:19 pm

My prefence is a monogamus heterosexual relationship for me and my significant other. What other people desire and do does not interest me. If they want to be in a Male-Male; Female-Female; or any combination of multiple lovers that is for them to decide. As long as they do not try to infringe their beliefs on me we are cool.
I believe tasteful exhibitions of affection are ok. i.e. simple kisses, holding hands, arm in arm, arms over shoulders/waist are OK. French kissing or hugging/groping to the point of excitement should be better done at home. For me it's just a matter of taste. I'd never French Kiss my partner in public, (even though I've been tempted to) for me this a a private sensual act that deserves privacy.
Back to top Go down
jollychick
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on gay marriage: Same Love - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Mary Lambert   Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:51 am

Hmmm...I'd never heard of that song before... scratch 

About the song/video:
I guess I feel like it was done because this is a "hot" issue right now. Not that there isn't a message there, but that it would garner more attention presently since it's something that people have very differing opinions about.

As far as the whole 'it's a choice thing" goes, I subscribe to that notion but in a different manner. I DO NOT believe that homosexuals choose their desires. You can't help who you like, love or want. However, I DO believe a choice has been made when you decide to fulfill that desire. I guess it's no different than me replying to this thread. I had the desire to reply so I chose to do it (a much more simplified example, obviously).

About the topic:
I feel like homosexuality and any "rights" pertaining to them is a moral issue. How were you raised? What things have you experienced? Who are your friends? What country are you from? How much television do you watch? The answers to these questions, and many others, could influence your opinion. If you ask me, since homosexuality can be considered another kind of love (i.e. a divergence from a society's norm), I think it deserves something other than marriage to legalize it's importance to the participants.

Personally, I believe people should do whatever feels right to them, within the confines of the law. I also feel there's nothing wrong when someone else has a different opinion than me. We can't all agree on the same thing and calling someone an insulting name because of that doesn't make the issue any better. Mad 
If this is what you want and you're confident about your decision, go for it full steam ahead, but if you need validation from an outside source, you might want to evaluate your actions. Just my opinion...

BTW, I agree about the PDA (public displays of affection) thing. Though I feel that way about heterosexual and homosexual couples alike.
Back to top Go down
rubenz
Not So New
Not So New

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on gay marriage: Same Love - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Mary Lambert   Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:24 pm

Well I don't mind a guy-guy / female-female relationship as long as they won't try to disturb my belief or something. Holding hands is okay, but french kiss/kiss should be done at home/in private area. Surprised 
Back to top Go down
http://goukanatokoro.wordpress.com/
nippergryph2

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on gay marriage: Same Love - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Mary Lambert   Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:50 pm

I like the song and Macklemore is a good artist. I would vote in favor of same sex marriage if it was on the ballot.
Back to top Go down
romance20
Not So New
Not So New

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on gay marriage: Same Love - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Mary Lambert   Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:34 am

I think people should be able to marry who they want and that's it is nobody else's business. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Sakura Aizen
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Thoughts on gay marriage: Same Love - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Mary Lambert   Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:55 pm

Personally I think the gays makes the most BFF lol. They are the girlfriends who have taste in fashion lol. Most people don't get that they didn't choose to fall in love with the same sex and it doesn't mean that they should be cast aside cuz they're gay. Bein' a roman catholic, I know that the Pope/Vatican will never allow the gays to marry in church. Well who knows, it might change!!

The only thing I don't like with the gays tho is that, I once was with some friends at a weddin' and this gay man was starin' at me as if I did somethin' to him. He was very rude!! I got this feelin' like he knew that I knew he was gay. I mean like c'mon who cares!! Bein' among those who doesn't shun them, it was rude and annoyin' that I don't know now how to react when I'm around 'em. With the lesbians, it was different. Back in my school days, there was one with whom I use to be friends and they're very funny & no awkwardness!! Now it's just my personal experience.

Everyone has their own life to live!! And no one can judge someone when not knowin' the person.  Smile
Back to top Go down
Iaria
Cool User
Cool User

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on gay marriage: Same Love - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Mary Lambert   Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:17 pm

I think it's about time a that a hit mainstream song was about homosexual acceptance and same sex marriage. More commendable that it's a rap song: a genre of music where the only songs that chart promote homophobia, misogyny, crime and poorly written diss tracks. It's the 21st century and I'm thankful for its existence. I just wish people weren't accusing Macklemore X Lewis of exploiting gays and lesbians to make themselves famous (yes this was an actual accusation) when the song and video were released before Thrift Shop made them popular.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on gay marriage: Same Love - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Mary Lambert   

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on gay marriage: Same Love - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Mary Lambert
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1