Shojo Manhwa Scans

Download Scanlations from SMScans Here

BlogHomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Is anyone dreaming of a white Christmas?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jollychick
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Is anyone dreaming of a white Christmas?   Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:59 am

I think I said it a good while ago on the old forum but, I'm from New Orleans where the only seasons that exist are summer ans spring, lol. I've moved north and I'm definitely hoping for snow this year.

I've only seen it twice in my life but the last time was over 8 years ago. I know some people don't like snow because of the mess and major inconvenience it causes, but I still want it for Christmas!

What about you all? Do you like snow? Want it for Christmas? Already experiencing it? Inquiring minds want to know Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
swedesamurai
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone dreaming of a white Christmas?   Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:08 pm

I live in Germany. We have a rotating system of cleaning the Sidewalks called "Kehrwoche" where we take turns shoveling snow. This year I am on the roster for this duty during Christmas week. Normally I love a White Christmas --But not when I have to Shovel it away, sweep the sidewalks and the 72 steps (I live on a hill), and salt them.
But for all of you who can enjoy a White Christmas, please do!

P.S. It never snows here as much as it did in Superior Wisconsin (Where my Swedish family is from) so I guess I can't really complain--So I guess I will enjoy it after all.
Back to top Go down
usoppnomiko
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone dreaming of a white Christmas?   Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:49 pm

I live in the tropics so no chance of having a white Christmas unless I go to some theme parks offering fake snow etc... king I don't miss what I have not experienced so I'm just looking forward to the Holidays and Festivities even without the snow.lol! 
Back to top Go down
http://www.usoppnomiko.insanejournal.com
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone dreaming of a white Christmas?   Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:11 pm

I don't have to dream of it because it's already here! Laughing 

Living in Canada, my province experiences winter about 8 months of the year, with varying amounts of snow. Usually, it starts to snow around Halloween where I am.

So far it's been pretty bad. Just early last week, we were under "Blizzard warning". I couldn't even get to work one of the days because there was so much snow piled up. The snow is supposed to keep coming little by little.

I'm with swede on the snow issue. It's all fine and dandy unless you have to shovel it! In 2 days, we had about 2 feet of snow pile up outside my house. So not fun trying to clear the driveway! At the moment, this is what my backyard looks like... Evil or Very Mad

Spoiler:

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone dreaming of a white Christmas?   Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:46 pm

I live in the tropics too so no, I don't have a white Christmas, unless someone accidentally bursts some feather pillows or something Wink but all in all, I don't think I could take the cold, even if I do want to see snow at least once Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jollychick
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone dreaming of a white Christmas?   Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:53 am

swedesamurai wrote:
I live in Germany.  We have a rotating system of cleaning the Sidewalks called "Kehrwoche" where we take turns shoveling snow.  This year I am on the roster for this duty during Christmas week.  Normally I love a White Christmas --But not when I have to Shovel it away, sweep the sidewalks and the 72 steps (I live on a hill), and salt them.  
But for all of you who can enjoy a White Christmas, please do!

P.S. It never snows here as much as it did in Superior Wisconsin (Where my Swedish family is from) so I guess I can't really complain--So I guess I will enjoy it after all.
Wow! That's kinda cool! ...Not the whole "you having to shovel and sweep" part (though I hope you have a light duty this year  Cool) but, the community aspect of it. I've never heard of that type of rotational system before.

aerysa wrote:
I don't have to dream of it because it's already here! Laughing 

Living in Canada, my province experiences winter about 8 months of the year, with varying amounts of snow. Usually, it starts to snow around Halloween where I am.

So far it's been pretty bad. Just early last week, we were under "Blizzard warning". I couldn't even get to work one of the days because there was so much snow piled up. The snow is supposed to keep coming little by little.

I'm with swede on the snow issue. It's all fine and dandy unless you have to shovel it! In 2 days, we had about 2 feet of snow pile up outside my house. So not fun trying to clear the driveway! At the moment, this is what my backyard looks like...  Evil or Very Mad
I LOVE winter!! I actually chose North Dakota when my family and I were discussing possible locations for relocation. I didn't get my way on that one Crying or Very sad. But that's cool! I like the east coast and I'm near mountains (I think) so that would make for a nice hiking expedition, if nothing else.

Your backyard looks like it's about to pop! Do you have to shovel that area as well or is it ok to leave it be? I want a white Christmas but not quite that white, lol! Although, I'd take a snowstorm any day over a hurricane!! No electricity is usually a given in these situations but, I loath the equation :
no electricity + a muggy 98° morning = hades on Earth!
Back to top Go down
jollychick
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone dreaming of a white Christmas?   Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:06 am

usoppnomiko wrote:
I live in the tropics so no chance of having a white Christmas unless I go to some theme parks offering fake snow etc... king  I don't miss what I have not experienced so I'm just looking forward to the Holidays and Festivities even without the snow. 
lol! 

silvery wrote:
I live in the tropics too so no, I don't have a white Christmas, unless someone accidentally bursts some feather pillows or something ;)but all in all, I don't think I could take the cold, even if I do want to see snow at least once Very Happy

I totally see where both of you are coming from. Some people really can't tolerate super cold temperatures. And, if you're in an area that doesn't really experience cooler weather, it could easily be a shock to the system. I've always been the opposite, though.

I would be outside all day, back in New Orleans, whenever there was a hint of winter weather. I'd find any reason to be out there like taking a walk to my grandma's house, or dragging the dog around for his "walks", or just sitting at the picnic table in our backyard, when it was anywhere between 55°F and 30°F outside. Granted, my parents and brothers thought I was slightly off my rocker Razz.
Back to top Go down
Veramonte
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone dreaming of a white Christmas?   Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:45 pm

usoppnomiko wrote:
I live in the tropics so no chance of having a white Christmas unless I go to some theme parks offering fake snow etc... king I don't miss what I have not experienced so I'm just looking forward to the Holidays and Festivities even without the snow.lol! 

silvery wrote:
I live in the tropics too so no, I don't have a white Christmas, unless someone accidentally bursts some feather pillows or something  Wink  but all in all, I don't think I could take the cold, even if I do want to see snow at least once  Very Happy 

Yeah, me too!
I'm slightly south from where silvery is (right on the equator), so all I've ever experience here in my country is pretty much wet and humid instead of white Christmas.
The closest thing to white Christmas in here is a trip to the Snow World, although the 'snow' is pretty much fake.

Living here is pretty easy though, the temperature is always around 30-35°C. The temperature on dry season could reach 40°C in some days. In rainy season, the lowest is probably 27°C (once in a few years, especially at the peak of the heaviest rain).
So definitely no snow for us :'(
Back to top Go down
tomokot

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone dreaming of a white Christmas?   Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:00 am

So many tropical people who understand... the weather people here always used to hold out promises of possible flurries when I was a kid, I was always so disappointed to wake up and look out the window and see only the same dead grass. (It hasn't actually snowed here in 50 years... so cruel of them to get kids' hopes up.) Now after so many years here I'm worried I'd freeze to death if it actually snowed! But maybe it's not too late...? Maybe I will see a white Christmas someday. And not get frostbitten either.
Back to top Go down
jollychick
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone dreaming of a white Christmas?   Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:09 pm

tomokot wrote:
So many tropical people who understand... the weather people here always used to hold out promises of possible flurries when I was a kid, I was always so disappointed to wake up and look out the window and see only the same dead grass. (It hasn't actually snowed here in 50 years... so cruel of them to get kids' hopes up.) Now after so many years here I'm worried I'd freeze to death if it actually snowed! But maybe it's not too late...? Maybe I will see a white Christmas someday. And not get frostbitten either.
Lol!! I'd be rich if I got a nickel for every broken promise of snow as a kid.
Those forecasters should be held responsible for the shattered dreams of children everywhere  Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone dreaming of a white Christmas?   Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:44 pm

jollychick wrote:
I LOVE winter!! I actually chose North Dakota when my family and I were discussing possible locations for relocation. I didn't get my way on that one Crying or Very sad. But that's cool! I like the east coast and I'm near mountains (I think) so that would make for a nice hiking expedition, if nothing else.

Your backyard looks like it's about to pop! Do you have to shovel that area as well or is it ok to leave it be? I want a white Christmas but not quite that white, lol! Although, I'd take a snowstorm any day over a hurricane!! No electricity is usually a given in these situations but, I loath the equation :
no electricity + a muggy 98° morning = hades on Earth!
haha, yeah... I'm kind of near mountains. When we're lucky, we get chinooks so it's not deathly frigid the WHOLE time. But seriously, just a bit is terrible enough... I just hate being cold.

But no, we don't have to shovel our backyard XD We just let it all melt on its own, so sometimes we even have snow sitting on our lawn in April/May because there was so much of it!

I could see that... At least snowstorms don't have the tendency to knock out power. Though... It might as well be somewhat equivalent because it got so bad in some areas that they had to wait days before they were shoveled out... ^^;; Both are equally bad in my opinion!

haha, funny how everyone wants the other thing... "The grass is greener on the other side". I've never experienced a warm/hot Christmas so I think it would be kind of nice! At least I know I won't freeze to death? XD Though, I guess it's just not as pretty, compared to the pristine whiteness of untouched snow covering everything.

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone dreaming of a white Christmas?   Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:23 pm

That's true, about the grass being greener on the other side. But currently we're experiencing floods in certain states so I'm just thankful my family isn't affected. But I will say that we get into festivities really quickly. The Christmas decorations were up since mid-November in some places and I believe the Chinese New Year decorations will be up as soon as Christmas/ the new year is over...
Back to top Go down
morninglight
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone dreaming of a white Christmas?   Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:08 pm

I do love when it snow.  I especially like when its cover the whole town and I when look outside, it just like magical.  For where I live, it already snow and I pretty sure it not going to melt by the time it Christmas.  I think that it going to snow more.
Back to top Go down
ceres0413
Cool User
Cool User

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone dreaming of a white Christmas?   Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:11 am

yeah I would love a white Christmas! In the alp's forests (so beautiful)!
But here, in south of France whenever there's snow nobody can drive and it's a mess!!
Back to top Go down
jollychick
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone dreaming of a white Christmas?   Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:33 am

Well...it wasn't white, but it was super cold!  santa 

Turned out to be a bit too cold for snow but at least it wasn't 70° F like I've experienced in the past. It's crazy freezing now though. I refused to go our last night (Wal-mart snack run lol) because it was 9° F. That was a first for me! It's a balmy 25° F right now, so it's time to break out the Bermuda shorts  Razz, in comparison to last night.

How did yall fair over the holidays?
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone dreaming of a white Christmas?   Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:17 pm

My holidays were ok, I guess. When my brother heard that I'd be home for a week, he took the week off too (since we only get a day off for Christmas here). Was just relaxing and a bit of shopping for the coming Chinese New Year.
Back to top Go down
girlflower

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone dreaming of a white Christmas?   Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:31 am

I live in Malta which is a bit under the equator and here it never snowed Crying or Very sad. We sometimes have ICE but not SNOW lol! geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone dreaming of a white Christmas?   

Back to top Go down

Is anyone dreaming of a white Christmas?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1