Shojo Manhwa Scans

Download Scanlations from SMScans Here

BlogHomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Nan Eomma Nun Appa Poll RAPE OR CONSENTED SEX???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Did Chun-Doong Mah Rape Sun-Nam?
Yes
65%
 65% [ 17 ]
No
35%
 35% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 26

AuthorMessage
Duchess
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Nan Eomma Nun Appa Poll RAPE OR CONSENTED SEX???   Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:55 am

Hi all i've made added a pool cuz i want other people's opinion on the matter, I personally think Sun-Nam was raped cuz she was intoxicated and that guy douche-bag took advantage of her but there's a debate on MF some ppl agree with what i say other's don't saying she was just naive.

P.S who do you want Sun-Nam to end up with, I want her to end up with Chun-Doong Mah Rival
Back to top Go down
Sakura Aizen
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Nan Eomma Nun Appa Poll RAPE OR CONSENTED SEX???   Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:52 pm

I don't think he raped her. I agree with those who thinks she was simply naive. And if i can remember well from the start of the manhwa, she went willingly with him tho she was indeed drunk too. But tho he's a jerk, I'd rather want her to end up with Chun-Doong Mah in the end.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Veramonte
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Nan Eomma Nun Appa Poll RAPE OR CONSENTED SEX???   Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:26 pm

She was passed out when the intercourse happened, so I would say it's a rape.
In my opinion, rape happens in two conditions.
1. The other party refuse.
2. The other party is not able to refuse (passed out or unconscious).
She was raped, but I would say it's partially her fault because she made herself vulnerable.

I agree though that she's very naive...
She was drunk but she followed the guy (no indication of her trying to refuse).
Especially after Chun Dong asked her & her friend: who's the wasted one?
She should have realized something is not right.
But then again her naivety might make her think that Chun Dong would help her or something gentleman-y...
Back to top Go down
Duchess
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nan Eomma Nun Appa Poll RAPE OR CONSENTED SEX???   Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:04 am

Sakura Aizen wrote:
I don't think he raped her. I agree with those who thinks she was simply naive. And if i can remember well from the start of the manhwa, she went willingly with him tho she was indeed drunk too. But tho he's a jerk, I'd rather want her to end up with Chun-Doong Mah in the end.  Laughing 

I know she didn't refuse in any form, but the guy practically dragged her and she was in a daze the whole time, she wasn't conscious enough of her surrounding to object to anything
Back to top Go down
IasaSinni
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Nan Eomma Nun Appa Poll RAPE OR CONSENTED SEX???   Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:11 pm

Yeah. It's rape.  
She was so drunk she was dizzy and sick to the point of puking.  She blacked out before they got to the hotel, so there was no way she could have given consent.
It was also premeditated. He planned it. Chun-Doong's friends told her she was wasted. Chun-Doong specifically asked if she was wasted before he dragged her out of the club. That's a common thing guys try to do to cover up a rape. That way they can leave money and claim she was being a whore.  Since she's black out drunk, she can't refute him even though he is the one doing wrong.

It's called Date Rape and it is rape!
Back to top Go down
http://forum.imperfekt-industrees.com/index.php
ddaredevil
Valued Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Nan Eomma Nun Appa Poll RAPE OR CONSENTED SEX???   Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:07 pm

It's rape she was drunk and unable to refuse. I agree though that she's very naïve. To go with him while being drunk. But still it is rape. She was so out of it she did not know what was happening or what was going to happen. Also since she's black out drunk. She could not refuse of any kind.
Back to top Go down
tylerstoosonny

PostSubject: Re: Nan Eomma Nun Appa Poll RAPE OR CONSENTED SEX???   Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:05 am

I don't know the policy of rape in Korea, however I do know the policy in the US and that was date rape. Sun-nam did not remember consenting to having sex and the guy(I can't remember his name) specifically asked if she was drunk/wasted. I can't say I enjoy this manhwa so far, but I'm hoping it gets better.
Back to top Go down
tamino

PostSubject: Re: Nan Eomma Nun Appa Poll RAPE OR CONSENTED SEX???   Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:33 am

I agree with Tylerstoosonny. In this US, that's rape or sexual battery. The law doesn't consider naivete or shoulda / coulda / woulda. Considering the implied power and influence of Chun Doong's family, her situation could have been even worse. "Marry your rapist" is common in many cultures and I don't like it. But I do like this manhwa a lot so far.
Back to top Go down
soysuva

PostSubject: Re: Nan Eomma Nun Appa Poll RAPE OR CONSENTED SEX???   Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:02 am

Wow, that's a deep topic to talk about.  Not many people bring rape topics up about manhwa's, so I'm glad you brought this up.  I actually also think she was raped, since she did pass out and was drunk.  To me this is a rape situation since this happens a lot in real life too.  The girl gets drunk, a guy uses this to his advantage and rapes her. Then covers it up with lies to make it seem like she's a slut/whore.  And since his family has power, he seems like the type to cover up his rape crimes. Evil or Very Mad

I don't like it though, how these crimes in manhwa's/manga's get passed off like "it's okay" since "he is the main guy he can do this and it will be a happy ending".  I believe they need jail time for doing such crimes (like raping a drunk girl is a no no for me in my book!). Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
thtaznshorty
Cool User
Cool User

PostSubject: Re: Nan Eomma Nun Appa Poll RAPE OR CONSENTED SEX???   Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:30 pm

I actually didn't think of that after I started reading Nan Eomma Appa. But thinking back to it, I believe it was rape because she wasn't well aware of what was going on. She was drunk and didn't know what was happening. It wasn't her consent that she wanted to do that. He only dragged her along to a hotel.
Back to top Go down
pokeroots

PostSubject: Re: Nan Eomma Nun Appa Poll RAPE OR CONSENTED SEX???   Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:26 am

Yes yes he did rape her and the grandpa knows it... he is essentially using her as rape block that is the entire purpose of not shutting her in a corner, he had probably heard girls complain that they got raped and when one of them finally got pregnant he used her as an example. Don't get me wrong the grandpa is my favorite character but he knows whats going on that's why he gives money to her sh♦tty family and doesn't give her her own place like she has asked for. she is rape barrier to make him reflect on raping chicks end of story
Back to top Go down
rsawh9

PostSubject: Re: Nan Eomma Nun Appa Poll RAPE OR CONSENTED SEX???   Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:24 am

I'm happy and sad that she decided to stay with him
Back to top Go down
Chira

PostSubject: Consented under the influence   Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:33 am

In my opinion, it was not rape. It was an act done by two minors under the influence of alcohol. Neither realized the full extent of their actions until after they had sobered up. affraid
Back to top Go down
Himint

PostSubject: Re: Nan Eomma Nun Appa Poll RAPE OR CONSENTED SEX???   Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:01 am

I think it both she did go with him but also she was trying to rebel but if she said no nothing would happen but she it was either her or the alcohol talking when she flowed him she didn't realize what she did till she sober up so it was rape
Back to top Go down
Marisaden

PostSubject: Re: Nan Eomma Nun Appa Poll RAPE OR CONSENTED SEX???   Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:10 am

i believe that the action can be considered as rape because CHUNDOONG took the heroine away without her fully conscious. Like previous posts had mentoined, she would have refused if she is fully conscious since she is a virgin, maybe. Well that is my thought, ahh this topic is really difficult to answer...... Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nan Eomma Nun Appa Poll RAPE OR CONSENTED SEX???   

Back to top Go down

Nan Eomma Nun Appa Poll RAPE OR CONSENTED SEX???
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1