Movie / Fictional Character Love

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jollychick
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Movie / Fictional Character Love   Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:15 pm

So....I'll just say it.

I've totally got a thing for Thor Embarassed . Not the comic book Thor, or the mythological Thor but, the Thor from recent movies (Thor, The Avengers and Thor: The Dark World). But here's where I explain the topic. It's only Thor that I like, not Chris Hemsworth who plays him. Sure, I loved how he portrayed the character but I'm not exactly head-over-heels for Chris, know what I mean?

This isn't something that happens often for me. Usually I like a certain actor some I'm pretty much guaranteed to like whatever they play in, even if it sucks, because I'm a fan of the person. But in this case it's the total opposite. It's like, Chris Hemsworth has to play the role for me to like Thor but I wouldn't be rushing off to watch whatever else he plays in... scratch 

How about it? Is there any particular character in a movie or drama that you love completely separate from the the actor who played the part?
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Movie / Fictional Character Love   Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:56 am

Well... I don't watch a lot of movies or TV, so I can't say that I've been in this situation. But, I do get what you mean!

You're infatuated with Thor how Chris portrays him, but not with Chris himself. It's like, something about his character tugs at your heartstrings and draws you in. Maybe it's just the way he acts and the things he stands for, or something like that?

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Movie / Fictional Character Love   Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:34 pm

aerysa wrote:
Well... I don't watch a lot of movies or TV, so I can't say that I've been in this situation. But, I do get what you mean!

You're infatuated with Thor how Chris portrays him, but not with Chris himself. It's like, something about his character tugs at your heartstrings and draws you in. Maybe it's just the way he acts and the things he stands for, or something like that?

DING! DING! DING!
You totally explained it in a way I never could have, lol. Razz 

I don't watch TV at all and usually I only watch movies if there's a Rifftrax attached to it. That said, there are a few titles that I'll watch just for the heck of it. Mostly the superhero stuff, since I grew up reading the comics and watching the cartoons waaaay back in the day. Good times, great stuff...
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Movie / Fictional Character Love   Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:56 am

Lol, glad I could be of assistance.

I'm like that too. I watch a couple things on TV, but it's not like I care to watch it religiously, desperate to catch up with the latest episode. And for movies, I'm even worse. Because I don't watch TV that much, I don't even know what movies are out there!  Laughing The two kind of go hand in hand, so yeah... I can't even tell you what movie I last watched at the theater.

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Movie / Fictional Character Love   Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:10 am

Oh I know what you mean,jollychick. I sometimes watch a show or movie and just has the hots for a certain character. Usually it passes but it may take a while. My frienda has it for loki. It happens Smile
Back to top Go down
CatiMed
Cool User
Cool User

PostSubject: Re: Movie / Fictional Character Love   Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:49 am

It happened to me with Leonardo Di Caprio in Titanic, I liked his character: "Jack", but I didn´t like any other character he had played in his films.
Back to top Go down
swedesamurai
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Movie / Fictional Character Love   Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:51 am

jollychick wrote:
So....I'll just say it.

I've totally got a thing for Thor Embarassed . Not the comic book Thor, or the mythological Thor but, the Thor from recent movies (Thor, The Avengers and Thor: The Dark World). But here's where I explain the topic. It's only Thor that I like, not Chris Hemsworth who plays him. Sure, I loved how he portrayed the character but I'm not exactly head-over-heels for Chris, know what I mean?

This isn't something that happens often for me. Usually I like a certain actor some I'm pretty much guaranteed to like whatever they play in, even if it sucks, because I'm a fan of the person. But in this case it's the total opposite. It's like, Chris Hemsworth has to play the role for me to like Thor but I wouldn't be rushing off to watch whatever else he plays in... scratch 

How about it? Is there any particular character in a movie or drama that you love completely separate from the the actor who played the part?

I guess, to me this is Typecasting.  Like it would be hard for people to accept an actor in another role other than one we feel comfortable for him/her to be in.  It's like watching the crew of the Original Star Trek doing different parts.  Leonard Nimoy was good as Spock but even later when he went over to Mission Impossible I was always waiting for the transporter to beam him out of a sticky situation.  Both Nimoy and DeForest Kelley (Dr. McCoy) had extensive parts in Westerns during the late 1950's and early 1960's; which are ignored by most people because they don't fit the TOS roles.
Another example that really shows my age.  Sean Connery as James Bond.  To me he is "The James Bond" all the others since his era as 007 to me are imposters.
The same goes for women.  Who else but Katherine Hepburn could have starred in "Adam's Rib"?
But I do agree with you JollyChick in that some actors are just ready made for a part and to use any other actor or actress would be just Terrible.  Take two musicals that I love "My Fair Lady" - Even though Julie Andrews Played Eliza Doolittle in the theatre version of this Film.  Audrey Hepburn did such a credible job in the film that she will forever be associated with the role-"A natural Fit".  But who else but Julie Andrews could have played "Mary Poppins" - No one.  Perfect Casting for a Perfect Role.....Despite what the Saving Mr.....says. Ups ranting again , sorry.
Back to top Go down
jollychick
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Movie / Fictional Character Love   Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:21 am

silvery wrote:
Oh I know what you mean,jollychick. I sometimes watch a show or movie and just has the hots for a certain character. Usually it passes but it may take a while. My frienda has it for loki. It happens Smile
So glad to see I'm not the only one!! Haha. And I can understand the whole Loki thing, too! Razz

swedesamurai wrote:
I guess, to me this is Typecasting.  Like it would be hard for people to accept an actor in another role other than one we feel comfortable for him/her to be in.  It's like watching the crew of the Original Star Trek doing different parts.  Leonard Nimoy was good as Spock but even later when he went over to Mission Impossible I was always waiting for the transporter to beam him out of a sticky situation.  Both Nimoy and DeForest Kelley (Dr. McCoy) had extensive parts in Westerns during the late 1950's and early 1960's; which are ignored by most people because they don't fit the TOS roles.
Another example that really shows my age.  Sean Connery as James Bond.  To me he is "The James Bond" all the others since his era as 007 to me are imposters.
The same goes for women.  Who else but Katherine Hepburn could have starred in "Adam's Rib"?
But I do agree with you JollyChick in that some actors are just ready made for a part and to use any other actor or actress would be just Terrible.  Take two musicals that I love "My Fair Lady" - Even though Julie Andrews Played Eliza Doolittle in the theatre version of this Film.  Audrey Hepburn did such a credible job in the film that she will forever be associated with the role-"A natural Fit".  But who else but Julie Andrews could have played "Mary Poppins" - No one.  Perfect Casting for a Perfect Role.....Despite what the Saving Mr.....says. Ups ranting again , sorry.
Yes! It's kind of like the actor has taken on all the characteristics needed to play that particular role. I couldn't imagine anyone other than Hugh Jackman playing Wolverine. Only certain actors can do that. They create a lasting impression by becoming the character and make whatever they are starring in very enjoyable to watch. No reason to apologize, ranting is the specialty of almost everyone on here! Including myself, hehehe Wink
Back to top Go down
lethalene
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Movie / Fictional Character Love   Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:41 am

Lestat de Lioncourt. I'm not enamoured with the character anymore, but back then, I was crazy obessed with the Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles and just loved Lestat to bits. I was at first put off by the idea of Tom Cruise playing Lestat's part, but I went to the theater watch the movie and completely fell for Tom Cruise's rendition of his character, so devious and mischievious. I never was a fan of the actor, but for the first time, I was so very impressed by him in this role. I only like Tom Cruise in this movie, but not for him but for his incarnation as Lestat.

I used to dream about the character night and days, idolizing him. I was a teenager back then, maybe that's why I was so fascinated by the character.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movie / Fictional Character Love   

Back to top Go down

Movie / Fictional Character Love
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1